♫~ The Girl Who Leapt Through Heart ~♫

Kairo's eyes focused on the figure before him

Kairo's eyes focused on the figure before him. "You are that cat Konketsu!" he gasped, and a small ball of saliva slid down his throat, and that tingling feeling got stronger.

The young girl wiggled as though she needed to visit the toilet. Her golden eyes flickered around, and her head occasionally peeked out from between her shoulders with her hands behind her. The soft fur on her face turned crimson like a beetroot.

Arubi sneezed and shook his body, cleaning himself in the most rabbit way possible. The sand in his hair kept tickling him.

The boy stood up, letting his umbrella go, but the muscles in his body remained tense. Can this girl be a full package? He eyed her. Despite her athletic build, she wouldn't withstand sharp blows. I hate beating girls. Kairo groaned. "Um," he started, as her fur bristled. "Is everything okay?"

The redness in her face deepened. Kairo sighed, his eyebrows knitted, and moved forward. Only a few steps divided him from the cat girl when she pushed her hands forward.

"P-Please, ac-accept this-s," she stuttered with her eyes lowered to the ground.

Kairo examined the small package with squinted eyes. The content wrapped in a big, red shawl with fringes seemed innocent. Kairo's face furrowed as the tingling got stronger, reminding him of the Great Bell at noon.

He took it from the acrobat's hands and touched her fingers, making her arms lurch behind her back. She tucked her head between her shoulders, as her red ears flopped. Her tail turned into a twisted mess that kept tangling and untangling in an infinite loop.

Without paying her attention, Kairo unraveled the hidden object. The sun must have played tricks on him since the item shone once the last layer vanished. The boy shut his eyes as his face scowled. The light subdued after a short while, but, it took him a few seconds before he dared to peek from beyond his eyelids. Kairo's face froze as he glanced at the hand-knitted socks of seven colors with neon green dots with a fluffy, sweet pink hem lay inside.

"I put my heart into them," the Konketsu girl warbled, her hands pressing against her chest, and her fidgeting transferred to her fingers. With that speed she played with them, she could rival a senior ninja.

"Ah," Kairo muttered, unable to make a word, much less a sentence.

The Konketsu's eyes filled with hearts, covering her mouth with balled fists as her tail wagged. The sense of immediate danger grew stronger, and the bell in Kairo's head announced five seconds after twelve.

"Why don't you stay with us?" Her body jolted with the question as the words spurted from her muzzle. "We could be a couple on our show, performing awesome tricks!"

Kairo forced a smile as his lips twitched. Her words engulfed his mind in pink fluffiness, wool balls, and furry pillows. He wore a cute suit with wide hems, and an awkward smile accompanied his waving hand.