♫~ One Peace ~♫

Meanwhile, Kairo was getting bored

Meanwhile, Kairo was getting bored. Till now, the brawls excited him, but the serious lack of a challenge rested on his soft shoulders.

He peeked into one corridor. Steel pipes ran below the ceiling everywhere he looked. Each door he tried creaked under his push, revealing the same interior: a single bed or bunk with a small nightstand next to it. The wardrobe hiding in a corner could fit only a few sets of clothes.

"Where's that danged fourth treasure?" he muttered when he left the room tagged 9¾.

His red eyes glanced at an average rat, running away from him, which was a good sign; the abnormal ones would have him for a snack. After this uneventful meeting, he crossed about ten poodles.

When his yawn reached its fullest peak, moving lights on his left caught his attention. He stepped back and peeked into an unusual clean corridor. It was a short one, and colorful lights flashed from around the corner at its end.

He arched his eyebrow. What do we have here? Electricity shot through his fingers. Either his instinct told him something was there, or it was just a draft giving him creeps.

Once around the corner, he shut his eyes. "What's that?" He moved his hands in front of them, spreading his fingers. He squinted through the gaps, eyeing the neon lights. "And I thought Lost Vegan had awful decoration. This takes the pie."

He lowered his hands, getting used to the eye-stabbing show. After a few more seconds of staring, he noticed the lights formed words:

No-mum fone.

My broom!

Trash fill ozone.

I hafe bat in hand. Whack u?

I shoes door sellers from tree meters and seniors at thrashole!

Your life inpudance izn't thud good!

He snickered. The last ones are good. I guess somebody had a hard childhood, he thought, sarcasm spicing his statement. Finally, a place worthy of his time. He grabbed the doorknob, turning the handle. With the next step, he buried his face into the metal plate.

A tear escaped from his eyes as he unglued his face. His nose turned red, or maybe it was because of the embarrassment. Silent curses escaped through his fingers, and he pushed forward, but the door refused to budge. He barked and slammed it with his whole body. A shy creak told him he'd managed to open the door by a millimeter. "Let it... go!" he gasped as he pushed harder until he created a gap.

Kairo slipped through it into a dark room. "Oh, crab!" He lifted his left leg, and something mucked back on the floor. He wiggled with his toes, smearing that personal-space-invading substance over his waraji sandal. "Just great," he muttered through gritted teeth.

The thin ray of light from behind him wasn't enough to illuminate the room. With a great self-convincing and a reminder of the significant award, his hand trailed the wall around the door frame, searching for a switch.