♫~ The Journey To Phantasia ~♫

Kairo growled, and his hand swished through the air, snatching the rodent

Kairo growled, and his hand swished through the air, snatching the rodent. "No, you won't!" he hissed, bringing his companion closer.

"But! But!" The small fluff ball thrashed from his grip. "That veggie looks so good!" Arubi's ears flopped, and his limbs folded, creating the ultimate ball of cuteness.

"No!" Kairo slumped Arubi on his head before he succumbed to the rabbit's puppy eyes trick. "You know we don't have money for this now."

"Can't we get one?" the rabbit murmured, wiping a stray tear. "Just one small radish?"

Kairo had scratched his companion behind his ears. "Don't worry, we'll return after we finished our job."

Kairo couldn't blame Arubi, for even his stomach rumbled, and the fried chicken's aroma would haunt him for the rest of the day. They strolled one food stall after another, envying the people with money until Kairo almost hit a big sign titled 'End of the line.' He lifted an eyebrow and puckered his lips, scanning it.

"Yeah, sure," he mumbled. No stupid sign could stop him. He looked in front of himself. A long line of people twisted out like strudel before him. "But what is on the other side? Do you think we reached the center?" Kairo looked up.

"Let me check!" Arubi jumped from one head to another, annoying dozens of people.

They turned back one by one, growling and mumbling their complaints.

"Hey, keep your pet on a leash!" shouted a Hippochonder woman in a tight tank top.

"No skipping the line!" another person shouted.

The boy only gave them my eye gesture. "Your problem that you can't deploy the scout."

Both of them snorted, and grumpy murmurs spread among the waiting customers, but nobody dared to teach the naughty boy a lesson. Everybody would love to move forward.

Kairo folded his arms and tapped his fingers, waiting. After a minute, his partner returned the same way, only irritating the people he missed before.

"So?" Kairo lifted his eyebrow and gestured Arubi with his hand to talk when the rabbit stood on the sign. "Are we there yet?"

"T-Tea!" Arubi gulped for air. "It's that tea!"

Kairo almost tapped on his forehead, when the rusty gears in his brain moved. "Do you mean tea like in Serpin's Tea?"

The rabbit nodded, and Kairo's jaw almost dislocated itself.

This snake-like race of Serpins made the most delicious, hot drinks. Their sensitive tongues picked up the smallest change in the taste or temperature, allowing them to choose the best tea leaves and seasoning to mix their beverages. Every Serpin's tea shop guaranteed to have a continuous line.

They gulped their saliva, but they had to continue. As they walked around the line, Arubi stood up, watching a Serpin waitress placing the order with her tail. Despite the lack of limbs, she put everything down without spilling a single drop of tea.