♫~ The Caper time ~♫

The trailers belonging to the circus folks stood outside of the city in a big circle

The trailers belonging to the circus folks stood outside of the city in a big circle. The jugglers in rainbow clothes rehearsed their performance while their animals ran around them; the funniest one was a dogpig. Their bodies were round like pigs' ones, but their heads and limbs were like dogs. They remained playful puppies even in adulthood, but they hated getting dirty and avoided mud puddles like the plague. When angered, they could knock down three times heavier opponents.

Dromedaurs nibbled small patches of grass around the city. They resembled ancient camels, but a trio of humps rose from their backs, and their noses were long and flexible as an elephant trunk. They were most famous for their thick pelt, allowing it to absorb heat or cold and emit it for a few hours.

Kairo stopped to check on a small firawa balancing on a big ball on its hind legs. Flames flickered from its big, rectangular ears and wagging tail. The firawa reminded him of a fennec-like creature anybody could stuff into their bag. However, its bark could shatter glass and drive zombies back to their graves, and its sneeze often sprayed the ground with wet ash.

Arubi scanned the other side, finding the fruit a clown juggled worth stealing. The oranges sparkled, and the kiwi's fluffy peel would make perfect material for a pouch.

But of course, not as fluffy as him.

Kairo observed his surroundings until his leg stepped into something soft. His body froze, and his eyes traced down to the immediate area of his right sole. Arubi peeked too, and his body shivered with a chuckle. Rumbling, Kairo rubbed his straw sandal against a patch of grass when he jerked his head back.

What the? Ignoring the weight on his head, he shifted to one side. Is somebody after me? It wasn't impossible. He had a lot of enemies and unpaid bills around the continent. Could somebody send an assassin after me?

Kairo's eyes narrowed as his brain ran a mental check. The boy never remembered his enemies' faces or names for more than a moment. He shrugged. No need to make a molehill out of a mountain. He pivoted around, and a thud sounded from behind him.

Arubi looked up, his teeth chattering; the sudden movement caught him off guard. His fuzzy tail cushioned the fall, but dust and sand found its way to his fur. Years of trained moves freed Arubi's coat of the sand's terror. Once done, he climbed up, noticing his partner holding his chin and staring at the ground. Only a tinkle of coins could wake him from this trance. However, the rabbit would roll his head if he knew it was because his partner messed up an idiom.

Kairo soon threw the nagging feeling into his mind's trash bin and hurried to the Dark Elf. At the edge of his peripheral vision, the young bounty hunter spotted a sharp movement. So, somebody is after me. Let's see if they'll move first.

"Please, wait here, I shall inform the Great Master of your arrival." The elf bowed, set the raon down, and entered the most colorful trailer in the circle's head.