Part 39

Lucas McMillans POV.
Day 26, dawn

"I love you Meghan."

Yep. I mean it.

I've been waiting to say that for so fucking long it almost hurt. I love her so much, and I have no doubt I'm completely psycho, but I have no place in my heart that doesn't love her. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's because I don't have much family. No one to love me back.

Oh shit.

She hasn't said anything.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Why'd I say that!

"Meghan." I said, more like demanded. I wrapped my arms around her tense body. I kissed her shoulder and prayed to god she would say it back.

I've never said 'I love you' to anyone. No girl was important enough and my dad always said how much he wanted me to get married and how he wanted grandkids. Dad. I miss him so much.

"Megh-" I started and she abruptly turned around ultimately shutting me up. She placed her hands on my shoulders. She looked so deeply in my eyes that I almost stopped breathing. I couldn't read her at all. Her red hair was loosely draped over her shoulders and raining down her mid back. I shamelessly looked down at her breasts where her long red hair covered. I met her eyes again. A faint blush tinted her already rosy cheeks.

"I..." She inhaled and it just grew my nervous suspicions. "I love you Lucas." She smiled softly and I didn't stop my huge grin. I pulled her to me and a tiny splash of water slipped over the edge and onto the floor. But I didn't care.

Meghan loves me. I smashed my lips to hers with such passion and love in my heart.

I dragged my hand up her arm. I felt goosebumps and instantly felt bad. I pulled away and she looked at my worried expression matched with her own. "What's wrong?" She asked furrowing her eyebrows. "Did I do something? I shouldn't be..." She bit her lip and started to pull away from me. "Stop." I said pulling her back to me tighter than before.

"We should get out you have goosebumps, you're probably freezing." I stated standing up holding her in my arms.

"I'm not cold I just- actually yeah I'm freezing. And put me down Lucas!" She said angrily.

"Seriously your hurt." She tried to convince me but I didn't care. "Lucas. You're going to fucking rest as soon as I'm on my feet." She demanded with a ferocious tone. She's pretty badass since the last I've seen her. I nodded and set her down. She has everyone under her magical spell. You'd do anything she says.

I stared at her beautiful pale skin and rosy cheeks. I love her blush. She covered her body again and this time I got her a towel and wrapped it around her. I don't think she realizes how beautiful she is in my eyes. I kissed her forehead. "I love you." I said again. I'm never going to stop saying it now.

She closed her eyes as my lips lingered. "I love you more." She said softly.

"No I think I do." I retorted back smirking. She laughed and wrapped a towel around my waist.

She walked to the side closet of the room and took out some clothes giving me a good view of her long legs. "An hour ago I probably would have never imagined this." She stated breaking me out of my thoughts of her body.