Chapter Twenty-One

6/20/15

6/20/15

"I'M NERVOUS," Max mutters as I open the door to see his handsome face.

I smile. "Don't be." If anything I should be the nervous one.

"Easy for you to say it's your family," he mutters.

Without saying another word I quickly step outside and close the door behind myself. I place my hands on Max's shoulders, and pull him closer to me so that his warm body is suddenly up against mine. I move a hand to set it on his cheek gently. He tilts his head into my hand, and his jungle eyes light up immediately.

Max moves and his lips land on mine. It's gentle and soft and perfect.

I pull away but not before placing another kiss on his strong jaw. "You still nervous?" I ask, as my body stays pressed up all against his. His heat seeps into my skin making me want just a little more than a kiss.

His hands land on my waist, and they squeeze lightly before pressing even further into me causing a small gasp to fall from my wet lips. The kiss was simple, innocent even. But this exchange is anything but that. Max's eyes and hands light up my body and unexpectedly I want more. Much more, and more is something I've been afraid of with Max. But right now in this moment all I want is him, and his lips on mine once again.

But now isn't that time. Now really isn't the time with my family only a few feet away from our meshed bodies.

"Not so much nervous anymore," he speaks. His voice a little darker, and lower as he alludes to feeling something other than nerves. I can't help the flush that covers my neck because I can feel exactly what he is feeling as he presses his hips into mine further. 

I bite my lip and lean into him a little more. "Well then I accomplished my job today," I say with a small smirk playing at my wanting lips.

I quickly give Max another kiss, and pull my body away from his before we can take another step in a direction fueled by lust. He rakes a hand through his hair and takes a deep breath as he tries to calm his body down. Max's eyes narrow at me as if his problem is my fault. "What?" I ask trying to act innocent.

He shakes his head before he grabs my hand and leans down to whisper into my ear, "This is far from over." His words slither around my body, and suddenly my stomach is filled with butterflies and my body with even more anticipation.

I turn so that our noses graze each other's, and I flick my eyes up into his. "Is that a promise?" I ask with a raised eyebrow, and a quick swipe of my tongue against my lips. 

Max pulls away so that he is standing upright and facing the front door. He lets out a low chuckle, and with the slight shake of his head a smile touches his lips. And that smile makes my body hum with a feeling I haven't felt in a very long time. A feeling I've never felt for anyone besides one man, and it's scary and nerve-wracking. I want to shove it away, but I don't. I let the feeling settle into my chest and stomach, and I don't do a damn thing about it. I've let go. I've been let go of, and now it's time to seriously move on.