~Everything Happens For A Reason~

Newt's POV

A strangled cry comes out of me as Riley whimpers and drops to the floor.
(Y/N) falls on her knees beside him, her face pale as a sheet of paper. Trembling, she picks him up. "You monster...." She screams, "You monster!"
I can't say anything. No one can. I make my way over to Riley and pet his head, tears falling from my eyes rapidly. I really loved him. The dog gazes at me and doesn't look away. He's breathing heavily.
(Y/N) continues to sob but the woman doesn't react whatsoever. She stuffs the gun back in her pocket then reaches over to the boy next to her and pulls the hood from his face.
Gally.
His face was wet with tears and covered in dirt. I never expected it to be him. Not in a million years.
"What the shuck is he doing here?!" Minho shouts, "You kill the dog and then bring out this guy like it's supposed to make us feel better?! I don't want him! I want to see the mayor, or the president!" I don't blame him at all. Why is Gally here? And why was killing Riley necessary at all?
"I don't appreciate the attitude," The woman says, scoffing, "You'll thank us for all of this one day."
I roll my eyes. "Yeah, thanks a lot for slaughtering my bloody dog. Really happy about that."
Her eyes meet mine like ice. "Mr. Newton," She says slowly. "You will thank us. Trust me. Now," She looks at Gally with a smile. "There's one final variable."
Gally starts to shake. His eyes are bloodshot. His brows furrowed. "Controlling.......me....." He gurgles, pulling a knife from his hoodie pocket. His hands are trembling so hard that I don't even know how he's holding that thing. He glares at us one final time before throwing the knife straight at Thomas.
Chuck steps in front of him, the knife going though his chest. Straight to his heart.
My pulse races. No. Not him. It shouldn't have been him. It should've been me. I feel like throwing up. Or at least curling up in a ball on the ground and screaming. All I see is red.
(Y/N), who just recovered from Riley, was now up next to me, one hand over her mouth in an effort to keep in her sobs, and the other laced with mine.
Chuck falls to the floor and Thomas, who was a mess at the moment, fell to his knees with him.
I can't move. I can't speak. I can't blink. All I can do is watch as life fades from the boy. The one who should've lived.
I squeeze (Y/N)'s hand. I just want to hold her and sob in her arms. I want to go home but I don't have a home to be at. I only have her.
Thomas growls and screams as he tackles Gally to the ground, beating him hard in the face over and over again. "I'm gonna kill you!" He screeches.
Me and Minho drag him off of Gally and Thomas scrambles to get back to Chuck.
Gally lies on the floor, motionless. I don't know if he's dead or alive but he's certainly not doing well.
Chuck stares at Thomas as he embraces him almost like he's surprised, but I'm smarter than that. He's dead. He's gone.
For the first time in a while, I cry. I sob and sob intill I have nothing left inside of me.
(Y/N) holds my face in her hands. Her eyes are wet and she's the saddest looking I've ever seen her.
I need her right now. I lean in and kiss her gently. We've never kissed before. I've never kissed at all before for all I know. But it warms me up and sends electric waves throughout my body, calming me down. "Chuck..." I cry when we part.
(Y/N) touches our foreheads together. "I know..." She whimpers.
"Everything happens for a reason." The woman from WICKED speaks loudly. Her face is composed and completely calm as if she didn't have a care in the world that a twelve year old was just stabbed in the chest right in front of her and she did absolutely nothing about it.
  I glare at her. I've never felt so much hate for a person before. I'm about to yell when I hear shouts from nearby. 
  Everyone stops what they're doing and looks around the room in confusion.
The woman's face drains of color as several filthy people dressed like soldiers burst through the entrance with guns. Two of them tackle her to the floor while another takes aim and fires. The bullet slams into her body and my jaw drops.
"We have to go! Come on!" A man commands.
I hesitate but start running. 
(Y/N) stays where she is, seeming in to much of a daze to know what was happening. "Love, hurry!" I shout, taking her hand and dragging her along with me.
I swallow back tears and squeeze her palm. Maybe we'll finally be safe now.