~Preparations~

Heyyyy guys so I changed the last chapter a little. Here's what happened that you'll need to know to read this chapt.
(Suddenly a screech boomed through the Glade.
(Y/N) froze. Her heart stopped for a moment. "What was that?"
"A Griever." Minho explained, backing up. "It sound really close though..."
Newt blinked as two boys rushed into the room, panting. "Eric, James, What's wrong?" He asked, cautiously.
"It's the doors Newt." One spoke. "They aren't closing...")
Gladers gasped and panicked to take a look outside. Newt followed them, (Y/N) not far behind. His eyes widened. It was true. The two stone parts of the wall were still open proudly at seven when they should've closed at six. He swallowed hard "Minho, ready the weapons, just in case."
Minho nodded stiffly and ran of towards the weapons room.
"I'll stay in the map room to study things." Alby said quickly before leaving.
The second in comand raised an eyebrow but shook his head and realized that it wasn't his place to ask of Alby's business. "Winston, Zart, Eric, Chuck." He counted off. "We'll all be staying in Homestead, so if you could barricade the doors  and windows when we're all settled, we might just have a chance at living tonight."
The four shared nervous smiles and went off to get some wood.
"What am I doing?" (Y/N) said to Newt from behind him as he observed everyone. The boy spun his head around and faced her with a frown. He held her shoulders and sighed. "You're staying in Homestead intill I can make sure that you'll be safe."
"What? No! I wanna stay out here to help you guys!" She cried desperately.
Newt ran his fingers through his blonde locks. "(Y/N), I have to protect you."
"No you don't, I'm not a child!"
Her boyfriend gave her a stern look that then softened as he smiled sadly. "I don't know what'll happen to me if I lose you, and frankly," He scoffed. "I don't want to find out, so please stay where you'll be safe."
(Y/N) stared him down for a moment then shook her head and went into Homestead without saying anything.
Newt felt kinda bad. He just wanted to protect her. To save her. To be her hero, but it seemed like what he did might've not been right. I'll talk to her about it later. He decided.

The rest of the day ran smoothly for the most part. Thomas kept trying to get Newt to let Teresa out of the slammer. However, The blonde continued to give orders as the second in comand. Sleeping arrangements were made, food, water, weapons, and blankets were generously supplied for each Glader, and the doors still hadn't closed.
Night had fallen. They all stayed in Homestead. Some sleeping, wrapped in blankets. Others were to scared to rest and spent their time staring out the cracks of a boarded up window.
(Y/N) sat in the corner not saying anything. A beam of moonlight was on her figure, lighting her face and probably giving her some sort of warmth. Dust particals flew around her.
Zart sat on the other side of the room. He was also watching (Y/N) intently.
Newt rolled his eyes in discomfort. She's mine. He hissed in his head. Get that through your bloody brain!
With flickering eyes, the girl looked at him for a moment. (Y/N) caught the blonde staring, his brown orbs weren't very visible in the darkness but were definitely settled on her. She turned her head away quickly and heard Newt sigh.
The floor creaked as he made his way over to her. (Y/N) stared into the corner as her boyfriend ploped down next to her. "Hey..." Newt said in a small voice. "I'm sorry..."