Chapter 9: And more of fire

En's pov:

In this seemingly abandoned forest, there were some kind of paths and normal roads, but no, we had to go through parts that looked like no one had ever set foot on them.

Neither an animal nor a human being. We followed that fairy. Oh gosh, I still think I'm abnormal when I mention that, but obviously I'm not, considering that a small, flaming and very strange fairy flew in front of us.

She was the last to say something and then there was silence. The only sounds that could be heard were our pushing and suffering through the overgrown paths. Xandar mostly looked straight ahead, and so did I. The fairy happily passed through such small obstacles, and we had to pull out branches, roots and who knows what else because there were hardly any passages.

~

Xandar's pov:

After a long and particularly tiring "journey", we finally arrived. I don't even know where, but that fairy stopped so we did too.

We were absolutely in the middle of nowhere, but at least it was clear. There were no more branches or roots. En and I looked at the fairy in confusion as she flew around at lightning speed around the unknown area. A few hours ago I thought I knew this forest, at least from stories, but this killed all my confidence.

"Come on, children, while we're still young!" Fairy joked around, which really annoyed me.

"Come where?" Suddenly I heard En's enthusiastic voice not far from me. I heard she loves to explore. She must be overjoyed by these traumas we are reliving. Great. Just great.

"Stop here," Said the fairy with really excited expression on her face, "Time to set portal on fire."

"Time for what?!" En and I said at the same time in raised voices.

"Oh just shut up and watch!" Said the fairy, growing more flamey.

We did as she said, but without such excited faces as hers.

In moments she started running around excitedly. Her wings were very small and I guess broken so she couldn't fly that well. She flew, but mostly in the race.

En's pov:

I looked at the fairy as if hypnotized. Every second she seemed to grow bigger and stronger full of fire.

Suddenly her form disappeared. We flinch a bit when a circle of fire formed around us. We looked around to find a fairy to help us because the heat from all those fires was suffocating us. Not a trace of her, and our lungs couldn't take it anymore. It was as if there was no air. At the last moment when I thought I was going to pass out, a huge fire shield appeared in front of our eyes. The fire grew weaker as a beautiful fairy emerged from the shield.The warrior fairy. Her wings were much bigger now, but not like the ones she had. They weren't so fancy now they resembled a shield itself. "Woah!" I gasped a little in shock.She flew a little higher and moved away. She almost crashed into us at full speed and blew into the flames.

At that moment, I could no longer feel the ground under my feet. As if we fall in ground. In the blink of an eye we found ourselves in a new place. The forest was gone, so was fire circle.

I opened my eyes, but it was still a bit blurry. All around I saw flaming outlines and heard many voices.

"You did it!"

"Congrats!!"

"You completed your mission!"

"I knew you can do it!"

I heard exclamations everywhere, but nothing was clear to me. When my eyes came back to normal, the first thing that came to mind was Xandar. I looked around to see if he was there. Luckily, he was lying on the floor a few steps away. He was probably in shock. Me too, but honestly not so much. I have always wanted to live like the characters from the stories and it seems that my wish is coming true.

"You alright?" I whisper - yelled to him while he was still deadly laying on the ground.

"Alive - I think so, Alright - Absolutely no." He said with tired sarcastic voice.

"Come on they will think you're dead!" I practically yelled at him with my head facing hundreds of unfamiliar faces.

"Well I'm clearly not." He said lazy but then he's expression changed in second. "Wait, They?" He asked curiously finally standing up.

As he stood he saw hundreds of eyes laid on two of us. He wasn't happy about that I can tell. More annoying people, his face said.

"Welcome our dear warriors!" Said one of the fairies that looked almost exactly like the one that bring us here. Shield wings and beautiful uniforms...

"Who are they?" She was interrupted by a small fairy that appeared from the crowd.

"I'm Endriguelle." I said loudly when the fairy stopped talking. "You have a nice name." Said the little fairy full of cuteness, making me smile. "Um, and the lazy one?" She asked pointing to the almost asleep Xandar next to me.

I elbowed him to make him come to his senses, but he didn't seem to know where he was or what he was doing.

"What?" He asked me with sleepy voice.

"You have to say your name idiot!"

"Oh that!" He finally woke up with still half closed eyes standing.

"Um I'm -" He begin to finally introduce himself but screaming voice running to us stopped him.

"Xandar!!!" Little girl screams rushing through the crowd.

I immediately recognized her as my dear little friend who I last saw at house.

She instantly ran and hugged her older brother. I could tell he was happy to see her.

"En!!!" She then turned to he and hugged me.

I hugged her back but then we both said at the same time "I'm sorry."

"Wait what are you sorry for?" I asked her curiously breaking the hug.

"That's kinda long story my friend." She said giggling.

"And I can't wait to tell you about it!" She grabbed mine and Xandars hand and pulled us through the crowd, flamey creatures following us behind.