Chapter 4 : "The first night"

(This chapter will be much shorter than the others, I'm sorry about that, but the next chapter probably will
be longer than all four put together and I can't wait to finish it. (Also much more interesting ) Thank you to everyone who is reading and I sincerely hope that you have liked it so far and that the next chapters will be more and more interesting! 💙❤️)

By now we had brought everything into the house, which was still without any light. The horses were safe near the house. Now everyone was even more tired and we had to go to our rooms. We could hardly walk through the house, considering that it was full of things on the floor and around. On the way through the narrow corridor, I noticed that branches full of blossoming flowers had sprouted from the walls, which if you ask me was not entirely normal for a house, but those branches blended perfectly with the walls, as if they were deliberately so placed.

"Since when this house became a flower garden, I don't remember these branches from the last time." I whispered to my mom trying to balance walking to the room.

"Since when everything is in such a mess?,it's a better question." She answered me in an unarmed voice.Ela and her brother, whose name I still did not know, were walking behind me and my mother. Dad was still trying to somehow turn on the lights, but
apparently unsuccessful."Ouch!" I heard behind me. Something hit Ela in the head, I guess from one of the shelves hanging near the flower branches that almost fell off the wall.I felt like we were passing through a spring house of horrors. Thankfully, we managed to get to the room. My parents went to the room at the very end of the corridor, it was so dark that I couldn't even see there. Ella and her brother went to the room on the right so I was left with only the one on the left."Good night everyone" I said out of shock, I could barely finish the sentence. In front of me stood a big wooden door. Like literally every thing in this house, the door had some kind of strange motifs carved into it that I hadn't noticed before. didn't pay attention when I was here last time, or they just weren't there then. All the doors were open except this door of my room. I pulled the handle to open the door but it wouldn't open. It was like it was locked but it wasn't possible because the doorknob didn't have a keyhole. I knocked desperately in the middle of the door, quietly so as not to wake the others. My hand was right on that motif in the middle, and when I knocked, something stuck in my hand." Ouch what the -" I looked at my hand and saw a thorn that stuck straight into my fist. It was not clear where the thorns came from. I passed my hand over the motif again, but this time much more carefully. Suddenly a young liana sprung from the middle of the motif, winding in a circle all the way to the doorknob. I tried to open the door, but before I could get to the handle, the door opened wide by its self.when I entered the room, I was greeted by a narrow carpet with floral motifs on the floor. Next to the bed, on a small table, there was an old candle wrapped in roses, which unexpectedly lit up. The mess was not as big as in the other rooms.Especially corridor which was fool of mess on the floor and on unstable shelves.The thing that scared me the most was the small window that stood right above my bed. A small part of the glass was broken and some kind of strange tree root was passing through it, I suppose. I honestly had enough of this day, so I just lay down in bed. I tried to forget about the window and calm down a bit. I wanted to blow out the candle, but when I blew into it, the little fire didn't go out." Great, more strange things!" I said annoyed to myself and turned to the side.I didn't even have a blanket, and the wind seemed to be deliberately blowing through that small opening straight into my head, which annoyed me a lot.Oh great now and the wind, I still needed that in addition to this cold." I was talking to myself because I was nervous and couldn't sleep. Suddenly I felt a strong warmth. I looked to the side and saw an unexpected scene. The fire of a small candle formed a human shape and held a transparent blanket from a weaker fire abowe me.I immediately tried to say something seeing an unusual and terrifeing scene, but my mouth seemed unable to open. I could not speak or move. I just looked at the unknown being for a few seconds when she put a small fiery finger to her mouth signaling me to be silent. Suddenly everything went silent and my eyes closed tightly.