Chapter 8 : Little flame, big knowage

Xandar's pov :
My explanation was fortunately interrupted by a loud scream. However, when I realized whose voice it was, I was no longer happy. It was not clear to me how Endriguelle knows absolutely nothing about everything that is happening, she does not even know our real story. Now I don't care about that anymore, my sister is in danger.

Endriguelle's pov :
The night was still dark. Everything was quiet except for the terrifying screams. Xandar is convinced that screams are Ela's. But how? I'm sure my mum wouldn't let her out, unless something happend. Xandar was already running through the dark brush and canopy of the deep forest.

"What are you waiting for, an invitation?" Xandar shouted, barely visible in the dense distance.

"Actually, I'm waiting for a better plan than running after someone you're not even sure is Ela, and you don't even know where you're going!"

"My sister may be dying and you want the board plan!?" He replied nervously

"We could die too!"

"Oh shut up!"

"At least stop running you're making noises!" En whispered in fear.

Now the two already seemed lost. The screams were getting quieter, they were almost inaudible. Xander finally slowed, stilling the leaves under his feet. The poor girl was barely breathing trying to stay quiet. At the other side boy seemed upset and also really angry. They both broke into a cold sweat as they approached the unusual light.Quiet footsteps were heard everywhere around them, but they could not make out what or who it was about. They were both standing against a tree in the very center of the rustling circle. The warm light appeared and disappeared in seconds, leaving a mysterious impression. Endriguelle was very curious, but she was still afraid to turn on the torch. She raised her head to meet Xander's gaze to find some answers, but he managed to hide his fear and excitement in the darkness. They turned their heads in all directions in order not to spot something. A few meters away it was much colder, like the coldest winter. But when they got closer, it got much warmer. They were covered in a cold sweat of fear and at the same time a hot one from warm temperature. Suddenly, tiny sparks were heard above them in the treetops. At the same time, they raised their heads looking straight into the canopy, but there was nothing there. They lowered their heads in wonder and stepped back a little. In a moment, Endriguelle flinched at the small scream she heard from above. She reflexively held out her hand when a small glowing creature fell right into her palm.

"Ouch!" En shouted and threw the creature from her hand in pain.

"What happend!?" Xandar screamed looking at fiery light and screaming En.

"That light! it burned me!"

"W-what??"

"That - that burned me!" Endriguelle shouted in fear, pointing to a small ember on the ground.

"What on earth is that?"

"Ouch! you didn't have to throw me away, you...you non - gentle creature!" A small voice was heard from the ground.

"Aaa It...it just talked!" The girl screamed facing the small talking light.

Xandar timidly retreated and En curiously but timidly prepared to fight the unknown creature.

En quickly tore off a branch from the tree and pointed it at the creature."W-what are you?" She stood confidently but still in a fearful distance.

"Seriously? that's the best you can do?" The strange being spoke again and touched the end of the branch with it's little finger, turning it to ashes. En screamed and stepped aside.

"What did you do?" En cried.

I'm fire fairy, what on earth did you expected?

"Fire what?" Xandar came from the distance a bit closer.

"Clean your ears boy!" Little one joked whit annoyement looking at two shocked faces.

"That's impossible! Am I dreaming?" En shouted from aside.

"Did you feel the burn"Fairy asked whit sarcastic confidence.

"I did.." Said girl.

"Exactly."

"She has a good point.."Xander whispered to En still trying to realise what just happened.

En ignored him, still staring at little flame.

"Well, is there more of you..?" En asked confused.

"Didn't you read any books? stories? No?" Fairy stood confused with a dumb question.

"Ugh what's wrong with this generations?", She said, " Of course there is, we're a flame soliders, there's a whole military of us!"

"Military?..For what?" En asked.

"Oh dear, don't you remember any of stories your grandfather used to tell you?" Creature asked a little warmer.

"What! My grandfather? How do you know of him? Where is he!?" En went crazy as she heard that. Some emotions cached her as she remembered her idea of searching for him.

"I don't know him, but elements do...They know everything dear one."Fairy flew up and reached closer to her seeing her little teary eyed.

"W..what?" Endriguelle was looking directly into the bright eyes of the little creature as if hypnotized.

Her eye filled up and one small tear almost fell out, but before it even had a chance to come out of the girl's eye, the fairy snapped her fingers, which completely changed the expression on her face and the tears disappeared completely.

"What did you do?" En asked in absolute wonder, feeling a completely dry eye.

"It's neither the time nor the place for emotions, the time will come for that too, don't worry. Now get up and follow me, now!"

"Follow you where?" Xandar asked fully tired of everything.

"Without explanation, just as you like!" The fairy winked at the boy and began to fly forward.

"Time to meet the others, I also believe a little one is expecting you. Maybe more of them." The fairy smiled and moved forward again as the two followed her through the thick forest.

The last two chapters may be a bit confusing, but now it's finally starting to come together. A few more chapters and highlights and main idea to come! Tysmmm for reading ❤️💙