Protective Miles

Miles

"Miles, come on. Let's go in the janitors closet where people won't be able to see us" The girl latching on my arm, whose name I forgot, whispers in my ear.

As excited as I was to start my first day of high school, I wasn't exactly thrilled to be bombarded with multiple girls begging for and seeking my attention. I wasn't ungrateful to have as much options of girls I could get but it wasn't exciting to have them fawn over me mainly due to my status instead of who I am as a person.

There was only one girl in the entire world that truly liked me for who I truly was yet she was the only girl who didn't seek me out like the ones surrounding me now were.

It was finally the last class period of the day and thankfully I had my sunshine in this class. I was ready to fight the entire school staff when they handed me my school schedule and I noticed I only shared 2 classes with my sunshine. But no matter what excuse or argument I tried to come up with in the principals office, there was no way me and my sunshine shared the same academic skills.

It wasn't a surprise to me that as the future alpha, I was put in classes way above my standards when it came to academics. My sunshine on the other hand was one of the smartest wolves in the entire school but she was put into classes way below her academics due to her being an omega.

Damn my father and his stupid rules of pack ranks!

There were many rules my father and grandfather had placed that were gonna be the first ones I'd get rid of as soon as I was alpha. The stupid rank discrimination ones were the ones on top of my list of which ones I'd change immediately.

It was a good thing our last class of the day was now gym class, which might I add was the one I was very exceptional in. Being an alpha heir made me the most powerful and strongest wolf in school, even at my young age of 15 and only a freshman in school compared to the older wolves more used to training at a high school level.

I was excited to finally have my sunshine with me in this class period. I had her in our first period as well but some people who were so desperate to see me got in the way of me snagging a chair beside her in that class. Which only ended up with the teacher announcing that the chairs we sat in today was going to be our permanent seating chart placements for the rest of the school year.

I had to watch with a frown as her and Sarai laughed and talked the entire time we were in class. I didn't hate Sarai but I did hate whoever was taking up time with my sunshine while I'm around. I know Sarai makes my sunshine happy when I'm not around to do it myself, but I had a very short temper when it came to others friending my sunshine which in my eyes only made it seem like they were trying to replace me in her life. And I'd die before ever letting someone do that.

"Jezzabelle!" An aggravating voice that sounded very similar to nails on a chalkboard, shouts across the school gym made me growl lowly. 

"Ali!" My sunshine shouts back happily as I watched her run up to the asshole who's been taking up most of her time lately.

I disliked Xander a lot but his annoying older cousin Alistair took the entire cake for who I hated the most in my life right now.

At least Xander was able to come to a truce between who could hang out with my sunshine more, but his cousin on the other hand always challenged me for my sunshine's attention and time. I of course have and always will beat him at every turn, but I despised the times he'd make it seem like I was bullying or attacking him whenever she wasn't around.