Heart 2 Heart

Jezzabelle

"Who's this?"

My eyes widened at a scary looking man with a scar across his top lip staring right at me. I didn't get to answer him out of normal decency, before I was pulled protectively behind Miles tall body.

"She's just my friend from school. She wanted to walk me in but she's gotta go home now" Miles answers, and for the first time ever, I hear him speak in a nervous tone.

It wasn't the usual nervous shocked tones I've heard before when he'd try to surprise me at school with my favorite food his personal cook would make. This tone sounded more like he was both nervous and fearful.

Who was this man? And why was he making my best friend scared?

"Home? But I heard you calling for Kirsten earlier. If you guys wanted her to get an afternoon snack, then let me get her in here now. Kirsten!"

The sinister voice of the man now smirking at Miles made me uncomfortable for some unknown reason. It wasn't until he yelled for Kirsten, that my wolf instincts made me realize who exactly was standing in front of me now.

Obviously I knew Miles was the son of our packs alpha. But until this very moment, I have personally never seen who our alpha was. Not only because it was very rare for Omegas to be near an alpha, but also because my parents weren't like the other omegas in our pack who'd worship our alpha like a god.

Omegas being the lowest ranked wolves in the packs meant they were either abused and used by alphas or simply casted aside for no purpose. Thankfully our alpha barely casted a glance at omegas in our pack.

I've heard throughout many omegas in my neighborhood, that alpha McCoy's family had never wanted anything to do with omegas. Sure there were a few omegas who willingly decided to work for the bloodline of alpha's in our pack.

But my parents always made sure we were no where near any alphas at all. They've never told me personally why they don't talk about or even like being near any alphas, but my mothers eyes were filled with fear when she first saw me and Miles hugging each other when the school bus would drop me off at home.

She never told me why she looked scared that day but she did warn me about going near Miles father. She tried to laugh it off by saying it was because she didn't trust Alpha's. But I knew it was most likely because his father didn't want an omega being seen with his only soon to be alpha son.

"Dad it's fine, her mom is waiting for-"

"Mom? And what might your mother's name be my dear?"

My heart almost leapt out of my chest when the large man suddenly moved closer to us. Once again, Miles being quick as he is, moved me so my face was covered behind his broad back.

"Dad, she has to go home. I'll walk her to the bus stop now" Miles says hurriedly moving me towards the exit of the kitchen.

Before I can follow after him, my backpack was dragged backwards with so much force a high pitched yelp flew out my mouth. Covering my mouth in shock, I open my eyes that squeezed shut due to the fast impact, I almost pissed my jeans seeing our alpha now holding me up in the air by my backpack.

"Dad! Let her go!" I hear Miles shout before I was being carried away from my screaming best friend.

"An omega? Hanging out with my son? In my home? Without my permission?" The alpha mutters to himself while walking up a long flight of stairs.