Freshmen

Jezzabelle

"You could've just went around" I advised Miles with a laugh as he hugged me tightly.

It was our first day of high school and Miles had already started a ruckus by literally driving through a sea of people to get to where I was standing. He had texted me the night before to ask if I needed a ride to school now that Uncle Zion had taught him how to drive and also gifted him a new car for his 15th birthday. I told him that my parents had already decided to drop me off at school the first day to see their only child walk into high school for the first time.

Now Miles and I were standing in front of the high school building watching everyone else walk in for their first day of the new school year as well.

"Jezzabelle! Miles!" A familiar shout makes us turn just in time for Sarai to run and pull us into a group hug, just like our trio usually does.

"Babe! Slow down!" Kai shouts from behind her as I smiled at how cute they were together.

Unlike me and Miles, Kai and Sarai's relationship since the Halloween dance in the 7th grade had blossomed into something more than just two shy kids crushing on each other. They have been dating for a little over a year now.

"What's up man" Miles greeted his long term football friend and teammate with a handshake.

"She's been jumping up and down excitedly for the past few days. I mean, I like seeing y'all around here during school and playing football but I don't think I'd ever be jumping for joy to come to the gates of hell" Kai murmurs to Miles as we both laugh.

"The gangs back together!" Another familiar male voice shouts near us right before I was being lifted into the air from behind.

"Tyler!" I shout in unison with Miles, except my shouting was filled with laughter while Miles was of annoyance.

"A brother can't get some love around here?!" He gasps before putting me down just as Miles put his threatening fist down out of my view.

"Stop being mean. He's just happy to see us again. Especially you, mister first ever varsity freshman Quarterback in the pack" I jokingly scold Miles making him roll his eyes before pulling me under his big arm.

"He can be happy without touching people" He scoffs while pulling me closer as I roll my eyes.

"Where's my bestfriend?!" A loud voice shouts over Miles large football friend group surrounding us.

Hearing that familiar tone made me quickly dive under Miles arm and shove my way through all the big bodies around me.

"Xander!" I jeer excitedly running into his open arms.

"I thought I was the only guy you'd run to like that" Alistair announces while clearing his throat behind his cousin holding me.

"Ali!" I gasped seeing him holding his arms out with a grin.

Xander frowned, feigning anger as I jumped into his older cousins arms right after pushing out of his.

"What's up bro!" I hear Xander say greeting who I'm pretty sure was a fuming Miles.

"I'm gonna put you down before your overprotective bodyguard decides to try and beat my face in once again" Alistair whispers as we laugh when he placed me back on my feet.