Halloween Dance

Miles

"Why are we dressing up in a couple costume?" She asks confused at the choice of costumes I got for the both of us.

"Isn't that what people who go to Halloween dances together do?" I retort back like it was the most normal thing to say without looking suspicious.

She shrugs at my response before following me into the school auditorium. Everyone was dressed as their own Halloween character costume. The only ones with matching or couple costumes were the married teachers and a few couples at our junior high school. Making me smirk at the hidden meaning of me choosing my Sunshine's costume to relate to mine.

My best friend was excited to find me a costume for the party because of the fact that she didn't think I'd ever go out and pick one. I actually went behind her back and shopped for a couple pairing ones so we'd end up dressed like a couple instead of letting her wear her usual old costume from the year before.

As much as I love letting her take the lead on reusing things she had due to her not having enough money to buy new things all the time, I had a tendency for wanting to spoil her and give her anything and everything she'll ever need.

She used to make fun of me having a certain love language for giving but she didn't know she was the only person I loved giving things to. There was no one else in the world I'd spoil with everything they'd ever need for eternity, except for her. She was the only one who mattered in my eyes and I'd never treat another person the same.

My younger cousins questioned me about my over gifting techniques for my sunshine. My younger cousins like every other powerful blooded ranked wolves were very cautious of what they do with the opposite sex wolves. Mostly because we don't get
to know who our soulmates are till we're 16 years of age, so it was normal for wolves as young as us to be wary of who we spend our times with.

My uncle and aunt on the other hand held very strong opinions that my mate will actually end up being my Sunshine. My uncle always knew his wife was his mate since they were kids. They grew up together in the same friend groups and when they both hit 16, they had already been dating and just decided to mark themselves early on before having the best family and life they have now.

Honestly, I couldn't imagine my mate being anyone other than the girl in front of me in her adorable princess costume.

I remember she loved watching Disney princess cartoons when I'd sleepover her house and out of all the princess movies she loved, there was only one she loved watching over and over again. She had somehow fallen in love with the cartoon 'Beauty And The Beast'. Sending her not so secret fantasy for polar opposite personality couples blazing up in flames after watching that movie over a thousand times.

She doesn't know that I eavesdrop on her conversations with Sarai whenever I'd walk out of a room they're in. I remember creeping like a stalker by the door as she boasted about wanting to have a mate similar to the beast in the cartoon beauty and the beast. She'd rave about finding a grouchy man that was only kind to her. She swooned at the idea of her future mate being the kind of man who was scary on the outside but warm on the inside.

So what did I do? I almost tore up the entire pack stores searching for the perfect beauty and the beast costume in our sizes. I found the most beautiful yellow dress I could find to fit her perfectly while also finding a nice costume to fit me. Of course I wasn't gonna dress up as some furry animal but I did dress up in the exact clothes he wore during the dance scene in the movie.

The Alpha Son's Sunshineजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें