II

CHAPTER II
————————————————————

KAZUHA AND I SAT ON THE ROOF OF ONE OF THE TALLEST TEMPLES IN ALL OF LIYUE.

A joint was lit in between his fingers, ash collecting at the end.

"Sixty-nine is the only dinner for two." Kazuha giggled as he exhaled.

"Just pass it." I chuckled and took the joint from his fingers.

The strong smell of cannabis inhabited the air surrounding us.

"Y/n." Kazuha stared at me.

"Hm?"

"Are we dating? Are we fucking? Are we best friends? are we something? in between that? I wish we never fucked and I mean that."

"But not really..." he tried to play it off.

"We're best friends, nothing more, nothing less," I told him.

"Yeah I get that...but what about that day in August?"

"Didn't we say we weren't going to talk about August again?"

"I miss the sex with you..." he pouted.

"If we go any further, it could tear us all apart." I stared at him, my eyes hanging low.

We both stared up at the sky, the stars danced above us as the few clouds collided.

"Maybe it would be better if we tried to go for someone outside of our circle." I smiled at him.

"You know what? Maybe you're right." he chuckled.

We watched the city from afar, music and lights blaring louder every second.

"Do you remember how Xiao stared at me earlier?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I do, what do you think that was?"

"Xiao hasn't noticed me before, maybe he just realised I exist."

"Don't go for him Y/n...the whole status difference is going to cause issues."

"Status difference?"

"It's going to be weird if a local starts going out with a tourist." he sighs into his palm.

"I don't see an issue..." I chuckle.

"Just don't do it Y/n."

"Fine...I won't." I rolled my eyes and puffed on the joint.

Kazuha and I have been friends since middle school back in Inazuma.

One night in August we got a bit messy, and that escalated to us hooking up for a few weeks.

However, Beidou caught wind of this and told us to stop, since it could ruin our friendship.

We did as told but Kazuha had developed feelings for me from then on.

All three of us have been aware of this since he doesn't really hide it, but luckily he doesn't act upon his impulses.

I feel terrible for leading him on, but it was for the best of us.

We came to Liyue to have new life experiences, not stick with our old ones.

I have always had deeply rooted feelings for him, but I can't see myself being with him anymore.

Maybe Xiao and I could work out, I don't know how though.

IT'S WORTH A TRY.
————————————————————
@SCYKHS