60

"Megan!" Elyssa squeals as she sees her best friend. Megan stands by her car outside the airport.
"Lyss!" The girls hug, happy to be back together.
"I missed you" Elyssa tells her as they put their stuff in the car.
"I'm so happy you're back" Megan tells her, "you too Jack."
"Thanks" he laughs, giving her a side hug.
"Jack you want dropped off?" Megan asks Jack from the driver seat.
"Yes please" he says simply. The drive was quiet, Elyssa and Jack tired from traveling.

"Ugh" Elyssa falls onto the couch. Megan laughs at her, sitting next to Elyssa. Elyssa sits up, preparing herself to talk to Megan.
"Megs, can we talk?" Elyssa asks hesitantly.
"What's up?" Megan turns to face Elyssa. She opens her mouth, but no words come out. She can't figure out what to say or how to say it.
"You and Jack are moving in together?" Megan asks, saving Elyssa the hardship.
"Yeah" Elyssa sighs, disappointed.
"I'm happy for you" Megan smiles, noticing Elyssas demeanor. Tears silently fall from Elyssas eyes. "It's a good thing lyss" Megan grabs her hand, comforting her best friend.
"I know. I just, I'm gonna miss you" Elyssa sighs.
"I'm not going anywhere" Megan smiles, wiping a tear from her cheek. Elyssa laughs, doing the same. The girls wrap each other in a hug, crying calmly together.
"I don't want to leave" Elyssa tells Megan.
"You don't want to live with Jack? I don't blame you" Megan partly jokes.
"No it's not that. I love Jack. And I can't wait to live with him, but we've lived together for years. And I'm leaving you" Elyssa crys.
"You are not leaving me. You're growing. It's good. It'll be good. Plus, you can always stay here for the night if you get tired of him" Megan lightens the mood. Elyssa laughs in response. "Let's get food and do a movie night" Megan suggests.
"Yeah. Pizza?" Elyssa agrees.
"For sure" Megan picks up her phone, ordering delivery. Elyssa turns on the tv, scrolling through options, trying to decide what to watch.
"Alright girlie. Time to unpack the last 3 months" Megan pours 2 glasses of wine.
"Oh boy." Elyssa chuckles, taking a glass.
"Tell me how his cousins wedding went!" Megan gives Elyssa a topic to talk about.
"Uh it was fun. It was super overwhelming because like his cousin who was the bride literally wanted to know everything about me. She was asking me how serious me and Jack were, and, at the time I had no idea. But it was sweet, watching Jack with the little kids." Elyssa smiles, remembering how her boyfriend interacted with the young kids. Megan smirks at Elyssa. "What?" Elyssa laughs.
"You're thinking about shit" Megan assumes.
"Ok maybe" Elyssa shrugs, Megan shooting her a knowing look. "Ok fine. So maybe Jack said that he wants to have kids with me and that even though now isn't the ideal time, he wasn't opposed to it" Elyssa tells her best friend.
"Awe stop why is that sweet?" Megan smiles.
"It completely took me by surprise" Elyssa laughs.
"Alright, alright, what else?" Megan wants to hear about everything else. Elyssa tells her about the summer and how she's gotten closer with jacks friends. The girls talk until the pizza arrives.

Jack🥰
You tell her yet?
Lyss
Yeah. I cried lol
Jack🥰
Are you okay?
Lyss
Yeah. I'm just gonna miss her
Jack🥰 liked the message
Jack🥰
I'll see you tomorrow?
Lyss
sounds good. I love you
Jack🥰
I love you. Have a goodnight
Lyss liked the message

The best friends spend the night watching movies and eating snacks. It felt surreal for Elyssa. She was only going to be living with her best friend for a few more weeks.

elyssacooper posted a story