The Line of the Sol Empress

Por wdhenning

For over a millennia, the Line of the Sol Empress had reigned over the scattered planets of the Sol Commonwea... Más

Part 1 - Phoenix Star
Chapter 1
Chapter 2.1
Chapter 2.2
Chapter 2.3
Chapter 2.4
Chapter 2.5
Chapter 3.1
Chapter 3.2
Chapter 3.3
Chapter 3.4
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7.1
Chapter 7.3
Chapter 7.4
Chapter 7.5
Chapter 7.6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9.1
Chapter 9.2
Chapter 9.3
Chapter 9.4
Chapter 9.5
Chapter 9.6
Chapter 10
Chapter 11.1
Chapter 11.2
Chapter 12.1
Chapter 12.2
Chapter 12.3
Chapter 12.4
Chapter 13.1
Chapter 13.2
Chapter 14
Chapter 15.1
Chapter 15.2
Chapter 15.3
Chapter 15.4
Chapter 15.5
Chapter 15.6
Chapter 16.1
Chapter 16.2
Chapter 17.1
Chapter 17.2
Part 2 - Firebird Rise
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20.1
Chapter 20.2
Chapter 20.3
Chapter 21.1
Chapter 21.2
Chapter 21.3
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25.1
Chapter 25.2
Chapter 25.3
Chapter 25.4
Chapter 25.5
Chapter 26.1
Chapter 26.2
Chapter 27.1
Chapter 27.2
Chapter 27.3
Chapter 28.1
Chapter 28.2
Chapter 28.3
Chapter 28.4
Chapter 29.1
Chapter 29.2
Chapter 29.3
Chapter 29.4
Chapter 29.5
Chapter 29.6
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33.1
Chapter 33.2
Chapter 33.3
Chapter 33.4
Chapter 33.5
Chapter 34.1
Chapter 34.2
Chapter 34.3
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38.1
Chapter 38.2
Chapter 38.3
Chapter 39
Chapter 40.1
Chapter 40.2
Chapter 40.3
Chapter 40.4
Chapter 41
Author's Note

Chapter 7.2

148 28 84
Por wdhenning

[Celeste]

Celeste welcomed the predictable tedium of the last several months while marveling at the growth of the babies within her. But the stress from the sheer weight carried within her belly became uncomfortable.

Moon offered his hand to help her onto the med bay examination table. With a series of grunts and grimaces, she hoisted herself up and slid her body across the thin mattress.

He grinned. "I must say, Celeste, you seem just full of life."

She groaned, holding on to her extended belly. "I'm full alright. Full of babies. But there's still over ten weeks to go."

Her black leggings, as stretchy as they were, had reached their limit. She now wore a pair of Moon's black cargo pants with the legs rolled up, but they rode low under her belly with the clasp undone. A set of mesh straps rigged into a pair of suspenders held them up. Moon's oversized green t-shirt bulged out at her belly.

Eyeing her outfit, he said, "Have you ever thought about going into fashion modeling?"

Celeste glared at him. "Moon, your humor falls short."

Nanny-bot stood on the other side of the table. Sai's creation impressed Celeste. The robot took on a human female form, but with a satiny gray outer skin and no hair. Her movements were amazingly lifelike. With soft hands, both strong and gentle, and an amiable resting facial expression, Nanny-bot seemed like someone that Celeste would entrust her children. Sai still worked on facial emotions portrayal, though. Her attempts often drew grins from both Celeste and Moon.

As a scanner plate descended from the overhead compartment, Nanny-bot spoke with Sai's voice. "How do you feel, Priestess?"

She grumbled. "Tired, moody, and I have to pee again."

Moon nodded. "Not surprising, considering how big your belly is getting, and with your hormones going nuts--" He gulped as Celeste's narrow-eyed glare shot lasers through him. "Umm, I should stop talking now?"

"Only if you value your testicles."

He shifted uneasily on his feet and diverted his gaze from her eyes. His hands drifted down, briefly covering his crotch.

Celeste reached across to put her hand on his arm. Her face relaxed. "I'm sorry, Moon. My hormones are going nuts, as you say."

Moon covered her hand. "I understand. I mean, I don't really fully understand what you are going through, but I forgive you. No, not forgive, you didn't really do anything wrong, given your condition. I mean... I should stop talking again."

She nodded with a half-grin. "That would be wise."

He took a deep breath and pointed at the diagnostic holographic display. "Look, there they are!"

Three curled babies, rendered in sharp 3D, rested head down, swaddled within Celeste's womb, each slightly larger than Moon's fist. Celeste's lips parted and her eyes widened as she gazed at the image. A joyful tear rolled out from the corner of one eye.

They are so beautiful, so perfect.

Celeste yelped and her hand shot to her belly. Two babies shifted in the image.

A smile came to her. "They're kicking!" She placed Moon's hand against her belly, covering it with her hand. "Oww! There it is again. Do you feel it?"

Moon's eyes widened, and he shared her smile. "Yeah... It feels like they are wrestling. Not yet born and they are already squabbling." He stood still, feeling the flutters from within the womb. "Amazing!"

Sai spoke through the nanny-bot. "Priestess, all three babies appear to be quite healthy and growing well. However, triplets tend to be born before full term, potentially with lower than optimum birth weights. I would like to give you a medicine proven to extend gestation. There are a few potential side effects to you, primarily the discomfort of a longer pregnancy."

Celeste tightened her lips. "Do it, Sai. The well being of these babies is paramount."

"Very good, Priestess. Also, your blood pressure, as indicated by your biometric scanner, is increasing. But that is not unusual for this stage of pregnancy. I will alter your diet and activity schedule to compensate."

"Thank you, Sai." She twirled the biometric scanner on her wrist, shaped like a narrow plastic bracelet.

The bot looked up at Moon. "Sir, we are coming within the real-time radio communication range of the Delphi system. Signal lag should be minimal."

"Good. I will transmit from the bridge." With the assistance of a lent hand, he helped Celeste scoot off the table. "We will be there soon."

She wavered slightly on her feet and took a deep breath. "At last. No offense, Moon, but I am ready to get off this ship for a while."

He winced on her behalf. "I hate to tell you this, Celeste, but given your fugitive status, you should stay hidden on the ship." He sighed as she pouted. "Okay. We'll see if we can sneak you off a time or two."

On the bridge, Moon sat down in the captain's chair. Celeste plopped into the chair to his left, splaying her legs apart and blowing out an audible breath.

He called out, "Sai, hail the Oracle port authority. But keep the visual frame tight, on just me. I don't want them knowing we have a pregnant Sol Priestess onboard."

A man wearing a blue cap and shirt appeared on the screen, the patch on his shirt identifying him as the port controller. "Oracle port."

"Oracle, this is Raven Sky. Request permission to dock at the repair bays."

Celeste furrowed her brow. Raven Sky? Oh, right. The fake identification beacon.

The man looked down. "Raven Sky, you are not on our schedule."

Moon nodded. "Understood, Oracle. We sustained damage during travel, including the quantum drive and long-range communication array. I barely made it in as it is. Do you have a spot for me?"

"Negative, Raven Sky. All bays are full. Wait at the staging area."

Celeste dipped her head in disappointment. Moon turned slightly and winked at her, using the eye turned away from the port controller.

Moon turned back to the screen. "Put me through to Port-Master Grange. Tell him my name is Elijah Lee." The man frowned then opened his mouth to speak. Moon interjected before he could. "He will want to speak to me."

"Hold." The display blinked off.

Moon turned back to Celeste. "I've made Silver Grange rich through, umm, unregulated trading. He will get us in. No worries."

She shook her head. "There's that term again, 'no worries'."

He lifted his hands, palms up, and tilted his head. "Have I failed yet?"

Celeste grinned. "No. You've amazed me. Although, at least once I would like to see you worry, or show some degree of concern."

"You wouldn't like that. When you see me worry, then things really have gone to hell."

The screen blinked on again. A man with a brown wrinkled face glared at Moon. Most striking about his appearance were his long hair, bushy eyebrows, and his eyes: all shiny silver.

Hence the name 'Silver', I presume.

Silver's expression brightened to a toothy grin. Even his teeth were silver. "Do my eyes deceive me? It has been a long time, Moon. What are you doing here so-" He looked down. "-so unscheduled."

"Good to see you, old friend. My ship took some heavy damage, including the com array, otherwise I would have called ahead. Do you think you could find us a spot at the repair bay?"

"What kind of trouble did you run into this time?"

"Pirates, I think."

Silver lowered his bushy eyebrows. "Pirates in this part of Commonwealth space? I'm calling bullshit on that."

"All I know is that they nuked my ship. Was lucky to get away with my ass intact."

"Unfortunate, especially for you, Moon. Also unfortunate is that the repair bays are full up. The grease monkeys are already grumbling about working too much."

Moon extended his hands. "Look, the only manpower I need are for some hull fixes and a new com array. I need parts for the quantum drive, but I can install those myself. Oh, and also helium-3 fusion fuel and food provisions. And one final thing, I really need to avoid any Commonwealth attention."

"Is that all?" Silver's voice dripped with sarcasm. "And how are you going to pay for this?"

Moon leaned forward. "I have some cargo that I think you could turn for a quick tidy profit. You know I've never let you down."

Silver glanced down, then grinned. "Oh, look! A spot just opened up. I'll meet you there."

The display screen blinked off. Moon leaned back in his chair and grinned.

After a moment, the port controller reappeared. His frown had deepened. "Raven Sky, proceed to repair bay two. Nav directions have been sent."

The display went dark.

Celeste shook her head. "I don't know. Can we trust Silver?"

"As long as he can turn a profit, he will be our best friend."

"Soooo... No worries?"

Moon called out. "Sai, take us in." He turned to Celeste. "Like you said, no worries."

She took a deep breath. Then why am I worrying?

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

417K 26K 42
Nadine is an 18-year-old thief living in a nation of darkness. The people of Ravenna never come out during the day - not unless they want to be kille...
49.9K 2.5K 38
"I will stay with you forever." A girl, blinded at a young age, meets a boy that will love and care for her for the rest of her life without knowing...
303K 20.3K 27
In the world of magic there are only two options: learn control, or risk becoming the one thing everyone fears. On the anniversary of her parents' de...
78K 4.8K 45
In a world where couples are matched based on their zodiac signs, two opposite signs fall in love but must keep their relationship a secret to avoid...