she's worse

By -sourcherries-

[UNEDITTED] Will edit after a short period of time after completion Selene is insane but no one knows knows i... More

Introduction
Content and Trigger Warnings
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
epilouge
outro

14

252 8 0
By -sourcherries-

"I want to sleep. I'll take your stupid room," I told him.

Fuck your ego. Eye on the prize.

The prize is a dead Sorin Vincent Giovanni.

"Hmm," His face slightly scrunched; his thinking face was too evident, he wasn't even thinking he just wanted a reaction from me. "I wanna see you fight."

"Right now?" I asked keeping my voice steady.

"Yes."

Bastard. I could barely move and he knew it.

"Come down!" he called out.

Breathe. You are stronger than him.

I kept affirming in my head that I was stronger, trying to bring myself to truly believe it.

A man came down.  He was bald, and was beautifully built. Muscles everywhere.

I looked at Sorin, who had an evil look on his face. I don't know what he's doing, but I knew it was nothing good.

"Kill."

His only instructions were to kill.

He man looked at me and his eyes widened.

"Sir," his voice was deep and rough. "You want me to fight a girl with bruises and blood all over her. She looks like she can't stand."

I took a deep breath.

Being nervous wasn't going to get me anywhere.

His first mistake was his underestimating me. He'd probably laugh at me, and mock me before even getting a foot within me.

"Am I fighting him in this cell?" I asked.

"Shut up, little girl." I snarled at him.

"Enough!" Sorin's voice broke us out of the short-lived glaring competition. "Yes, in this cell. Now." I heard the creek of the cell door as it opened and looked to see him stroll in with ease as if this was going to be his easiest kill.

His hands went straight for my throat.

That was his first wrong move.

I ignored the pain as I shot my hands forward between his, separating his arms and pushing them outward as I grabbed biceps. I pulled myself into him and my knee crushed his groin.

He bent over in pain, and I went to attack him from behind. My hands were going to choke him from the back of his neck, right as I was about to attack him again, he stood up and I fell back.

I landed on my back, the pain from my shoulders increased as they hit the concrete floor.

I saw Sorin watching carefully, from the outside.

Dick.

I saw the man coming for my throat again and without thinking, I lunged forward, and my arms went around his neck, and my feet around his waist.

I used my heels to kick into his lower back and I heard him groan in pain. This was probably causing me more pain than him. My muscles were begging me to stop. Begging me to just let him kill me.

I had a few seconds before he recovered, so I threw myself over his shoulder. My arms circled around his waist and I flipped myself off of him, landing roughly on my feet.

It had been a while since I had done something like this, the rush and the excitement was enough to make my forget how injured I currently was, and I would one hundred percent regret it later.

My eyes landed on Sorin for a split second before looking back at the man. He had an unimpressed look on his face, and I felt a fresher fiery anger (worse than the one I already felt) rise in me.

The man face was filled with all sorts of rage. He threw a fist at me, which I easily blocked with my forearm, but he was stronger than me and ripped his hand out of my grip.

He kept his lower abdomen open, which was quite foolish considering he was fighting someone shorter than him.

I threw my fists to his face and as he grabbed them, I pulled myself up with everything left in me and struck his lower stomach with my heels.

He dropped me near my cot, and there was one thing I knew.

There was no way I could kill him.

I could put up an amazing fight, but he would tire me out and then kill me. I had no fight left inside me.

I had to think smarter.

I forced myself up from the ground and his fist hit my jaw as I tried to steady myself.

Breathe, Selene.

You're much worse than him. Show him that.

I took a step closer to him and looked into his eyes, as I hooked my foot around his ankle and yanked it. I watched him stumble and my hands went straight to his throat.

That was a bad move.

His hands went around my waist and he yanked me up, trying to throw me behind him, but I kicked his groin, again.

I fell on my cot as his body folded forward in pain.

My black dress cushioned my landed.

I had no fight left inside me, but I had something on the outside.

The syringe.

My hands shook as I unfolded the dress, looking for it. I didn't have much time.

My hands found the inner pocket near the hem and I pulled it out.

My hands went to the back of his neck as I stabbed the syringe in, and pushed whatever was left of the insulin in.

A choked sob left my mouth at the exhaustion and pain. I didn't even feel the tears that were streaming down my face until then. Moving too fast out my eyes for my vision to blur.

I looked over at Sorin.

"If he was about to kill you, I would've called it off," he said coolly. "But turns out, you did kill him. I am impressed."

"I don't know if I did. I don't know if this had enough," I told him. My entire body was shaking, my lungs felt as if they were about to collapse, my legs gave him and I fell to the ground. My head was spinning and tears pooled at my eyes due to the lack of oxygen in my system.

"I'll have someone take him up to get checked out then." He walked in and went to put an arm around my back to carry me. I flinched back.

"I can walk," I sneered at him. The truth was that I couldn't walk, but I would do it anyways.

I pushed myself up from the ground for what seemed like the thirtieth time today. I stood up straight and looked him in the eyes.

I couldn't think of anything to say, so I just rolled them before grabbing my dress and walking out.

He walked close behind me; too close behind me, as if I was going to fall at any second, which I probably would, but I walked with my back straight and my head held high.

I could feel Sorin getting impatient as I walked up the stairs at the slowest pace possible.

I stopped halfway up the steep stairs and turned my head.

"Go in front of me."

He looked up at me and didn't say anything as he just motioned for me to keep going.

"If you're going to be an impatient ass, just walk ahead of me."

"You are probably going to fall. You know too much for me to let you fall and hit your head and loose your memory or something of the sort. Temporary amnesia is a setback, and I can't have you ruin my plans."

I almost laughed at how monotonous he sounded, but I just nodded and kept walking.

The second flight of stairs wasn't any better. Halfway up I felt my knees buckle and Sorin's hands went straight to my arms, holding me up. I took a deep breath and my grip on the railing tightened.

Only a few more to go.

At the top of the stairs I let out a breath and I could feel my increased heartbeat thumping against my chest, and I walked to the room I had showered in twice.

"I'm good now, you can go." I closed the door on Sorin and walked to the bed but stopped.

I was disgusting and I was not going to ruin the bed.

I heard a knock at the door.

"Yes?" I called.

"If you're going to take a shower or a bath, like I assume you are, you're going to need clothes."

I opened the door and saw Sorin standing there with a sweater and a pair of sweats with a pair of boxers and socks.

"Also, I'll call you a doctor first thing tomorrow morning."

"Anything else?" I asked. He opened his mouth to say something but shut it and shook his head no.  "Alright," I said and shut the door.

I sat in the bathtub for only fifteen minutes before I decided to get out.

I was too exhausted and didn't trust myself to stay awake in the tub, so I got out and got dressed before getting into the bed. I tugged the sheets around me so they were hugging me tightly. I shut my eyes and felt my body go limp, imprinting into the mattress, as I fell asleep.

~~
Breathe!

I can't breathe!

BREATH! WAKE UP AND BREATH!

My eyes jerked open and I sat up trying to get myself to breathe.

Deep breaths.

It would take me a few days to heal properly.

That's how long my sleep was comprised.

I looked at the clock to see it was around midnight.

I had slept for around ten hours, which was pretty good. There was a jug of water with a glass, so I poured myself some and drank it slowly, trying to feel the satisfaction as my mouth no longer left dry.

I got out of bed and walked out of the room and down the stairs to the kitchen.

There was no reason for me to wake anyone up so late at night, especially when I was still technically a prisoner here.

The fact that Sorin didn't have guards at my door was surprising enough, but to not have them at all in his home?

That was even more surprising. 

I started opening the cabinets, keeping note of where what was, and I decided to make a simple peanut butter jelly sandwich.

I wanted something salty, so I took out some pretzels and put it into a small dish before starting the sandwich.

"Who's there?" I turned around, beaming, at the familiar voice.

"Jasper," I whispered.

"Selene, what are- What the fuck happened to your face?" A large purple and black bruise had formed on my jaw, and it was swelled and hurt to talk. 

"It's a long story? Basically, Sorin asked me to kill someone."

"Did you kill him?" he asked. His hair had gotten longer.

"I don't know," I said truthfully. I honestly didn't know. I knew nothing about him so I couldn't possibly  know what the insulin would do to him.

"It's alright, are they not feeding you?" he asked looking at my sandwich.

"I slept through dinner."

"You have terrible bags under your eyes, are you really sleeping?" He was too concerned.  I straightened my posture.

"It's nothing, seriously. I'm just going to eat this, and then go back to bed." He noticed my change in mood and nodded before he turned around and left.

I let out a breath of relief. I finished the sandwich in minutes, and I made sure to wash the dishes before putting them back. No one but Sorin needed to know I was here.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

307K 9.5K 46
Selene, one of London’s most famous women, has lived her entire life under Vampire rule. She dances at Bleedings, where human prisoners are bled to d...
511 16 20
WARNING: This story contains explicit material and some languages which may not be appropriate to everyone. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. This is my first s...
142K 3.4K 34
Death wasn't something she feared, especially when she lived the life of a secret assassin. Sharp-witted and seemingly innocent, Hope Taylor perfecte...
17.2K 833 44
An innocent girl who gets hurt by everyone around her, finds someone to help heal her. she tries to escape the way he makes he feel. she falls instea...