A Sparkling Sands Christmas!

Av BlossomieOwO

On The Night of the Great Star, which occurs once at the beginning of Leaf-Bare, Ammit decides to tell Anubis... Mer

Ammit Speaks: A Story for The God of Death
Havenkit: Sobek's Icy Oasis
Hawthornmoon: The Great Star

Woodpaw: 3 berries, 2 demigods, 1 mortal

38 7 11
Av BlossomieOwO

Now, you wouldn't know what a holly bush is, would you? Well, it's a shrub that is known for holding bright red berries, and one certain bush blessed by Geb is known for granting those who find it a special wish...

***

"Heret-Kau! Apophis! Heret-Kau! Apophis!"

All of the tribe's cats cheered the names of the two young demigods. They had both fully ranked up to be a saguaro and paladin respectively, and it was an occasion worth celebrating.

Woodpaw made sure to cheer their names extra loud. She was one of the lucky few cats around their age to befriend them, and she wanted them to know how proud she was of them in particular.

She saw Apophis glance her way, and smile gratefully. His multicoloured eyes looking into her own amber ones made Woodpaw's heart flutter. I wonder if he like me, she thought dreamily.

Smiling, she padded up to the newly-ranked up cats. Violetsnow, Jaguarsand and Slatecry were already there, eagerly speaking to the demigods.

"Congratulations!" She burst out, grinning at Heret-Kau and Apophis.

The other cats glanced at each other. Slatecry spoke up, nudging his old friend playfully. "You sure you're still going to have time for a lotus?" He joked.

Jaguarsand flicked his tail over his brother's ear. "Hush! He can do as he pleases, now that he's one of us,"

Heret-Kau moved closer to Woodpaw, purring. "Toms," she shook her head, as if amused. "I don't mind them, but when they're like this..." she trailed off, shaking her head good heartedly.

Apophis swatted his two paladin friends away with his tail, and looked back at Woodpaw. "Of course I have time for her," he reassured them. "She's still my friend, no matter what happens,"

As the demigod gazed down at Woodpaw again, that same warm feeling filled her. What could this be?

Before she could speak her thoughts, Violetsnow gazed at the setting sun. "You two are lucky; from what Snowmouse has told me, not many cats are as lucky as you to rank up on The Night of the Great Star," she looked back at her kits. "Perhaps the Great Star will shine upon you,"

Jaguarsand looked thoughtful. "Or maybe they'll come across the Sacred Holly," he wondered out loud.

Woodpaw perked up. The Sacred Holly? This was a part of the holiday she hadn't ever heard about. "What's that?" She asked, curious.

Jaguarsand looked down at the young lotus, pleasantly surprised. "The Sacred Holly is said to be a Holly bush that has the ability to grant whoever finds it a wish. But it only can be found on The Night of the Great Star. Houndhowl told me that no cat has been able to find the shrub in many generations,"

Woodpaw felt excited. "Maybe since Heret-Kau and Apophis are demigods, they'll have a better chance at finding the bush!" She exclaimed, her eyes big.

Both demigods exchanged a glance, and Woodpaw thought that Apophis looked visibly uncomfortable. "Well, er-," he avoided the lotus's gaze. "Maybe. But we're still cats born of mortals, despite our demigod abilities. Who knows how easy it would be for us to find the Sacred Holly?"

Heret-Kau lightly nudged her brother. "Don't be so down, Apophis! I bet we could find it! Especially if we worked together," she gazed down at Woodpaw. "Would you like to help us? We could sure use an extra paw if we're going to look!"

Woodpaw stared at her in disbelief. Did Heret-Kau actually want her help finding the Sacred Holly?

"Yes!" She squeaked. "I'd love to help!"

Heret-Kau purred happily. "Great! I'll go ask your mentor about taking you out," she bounced away, heading towards Flickershadow.

Woodpaw turned to Apophis, who was now alone. The others had moved on to get fresh-kill. The young lotus sat beside her friend. "Something wrong?"

Apophis raised his head, eyes glittering. "... I don't want to let you down," his voice trembled slightly as he spoke up about his worries. "Y-you're such a nice cat, a-and I don't want you to be sad I-if we don't find it..." he trailed off, sniffling a little.

Woodpaw could've sworn her heart melted a little in that moment. She leaned into Apophis's body, laying her tail comfortingly on his back. "I'm going to be okay no matter what happens, Apophis," the silver and white she-cat reassured the demigod. "Whether it's real or just some silly story made up for kits, I think I'll have fun trying to find the Sacred Holly no matter what!" She felt a little warm as she continued. "... especially if I'm with you,"

The environment shifted, and Apophis stopped weeping. He gazed down at Woodpaw with his multicoloured eyes in surprise. But before he could respond, Heret-Kau had returned. "Flickershadow says it's okay, as long as we come back before moon-high," she informed the two cats.

Woodpaw sat up, and padded towards the entrance. Before she left, she looked back at Apophis. "Are you still coming?" She asked, smiling at him.

For a brief moment, Woodpaw thought he wasn't going to come.

But Apophis gave her a small smile, and nodded, following the two she-cats out of camp.

***

The sky was dark now as Woodpaw, Apophis, and Heret-Kau searched the desert. So far, they hadn't found any leads.

"You see anything?" Woodpaw called to Apophis, who was digging around a cactus.

"No!" Apophis hollered back. "It's all sand and prickles over here!"

Heret-Kau raised her muzzle to the sky, and opened her mouth to taste the air. "I certainly don't smell any weird berries,"

Woodpaw's tail dropped. Maybe it was just some tale for kits. Maybe the Sacred Holly wasn't real.

No. I promised Apophis I wouldn't get upset over this. I have to stay strong. For him.

She looked around, and saw a cave in the distance. A large star shined overtop of it, and it caught Woodpaw's attention.

"Why don't we go rest there?" She asked the demigods. "I don't know about you, but my paws are starting to get tired,"

Heret-Kau nodded. "Good idea. Maybe we can rethink our plan too!" Eagerly, the young demigoddess ran to the cave. "Race you there!"

Apophis purred from behind Woodpaw, and strided towards his sister. "Likely story, Kau!"

Woodpaw squealed like a kit and ran after the demigods, the cave getting closer and closer. By the time she had reached the entrance, Heret-Kau and Apophis had stopped, panting and staring at something.

"Wow, you two tied! Not surprised-," Woodpaw stopped herself as she noticed what they were staring at, and her jaw dropped.

A crack in the ceiling of the cave shed some light into it, and the light shone down on a shrub. The most notable part of it were three shiny red berries that stuck out, almost as if they were meant for them.

"The Sacred Holly! It's real!" Woodpaw whispered excitedly. Slowly, she padded up to it. Some kind of feeling in her gut told her that this was the bush they were looking for.

She loomed over the shrub, the berries seemingly glowing as she got closer. Heret-Kau and Apophis followed, gazing at the sight. "There's something so... beautiful about it..." the tortoiseshell tom admitted, his voice cracking happily.

"Well... what should we wish for?" Woodpaw asked. "We all found it together; maybe our wish should be the same,"

"I know what I want to wish for," Apophis spoke up, beaming down at Woodpaw. "I wish that you, young Woodpaw, will remain happy for as many moons you have to live,"

Woodpaw felt her heart beating fast. He really does care about me! She thought happily. "W-well, I wish that you can remain happy as long as you live, Apophis," she cooed.

Apophis tilted his head. "Don't forget that I'm supposed to be the demigod of despair," he reminded the lotus. "But I appreciate the kind wish,"

Heret-Kau grinned. "I have an even better idea for my wish!" She claimed. "I wish that the entire tribe will live peacefully and happily for many moons to come!" The white she-cat purred.

Woodpaw glanced at Heret-Kau, nodding. "That's a wonderful wish, Heret," she told her. "Let the tribe live moons of peace..."

The three cats sat over the Sacred Holly, watching as the berries ceased to glow. Apophis's ear twitched. "I heard a voice," he suddenly said. "They said, 'I will do all I can, as the earth god, to make your wishes come true',"

***

Fortsett รฅ les

You'll Also Like

967K 24.3K 23
Yn a strong girl but gets nervous in-front of his arranged husband. Jungkook feared and arrogant mafia but is stuck with a girl. Will they make it t...
563K 20.4K 95
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
362K 21.6K 77
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
174K 9.5K 44
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค ๐ข'๐ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ฎ๐ฉ ๐š ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐ซ๐ข๐ฉ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ข๐ญ๐š๐ฅ๐ฒ? ๐ข ๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ค๐ž๐ž๐ฉ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๏ฟฝ...