Out of His League: Book Two (...

By jsteph0214

"It's always been you, Phoenix. You are the one who makes me the happiest. Just being in the same room as you... More

Character Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty-Three

6.1K 227 7
By jsteph0214

Scarlett

Phoenix and I hopped out of his car and walked down the road to the address Mia sent me.

"Damn, I forgot how nice it was out this way," Nix took in our surroundings, including the breathtaking house in front of us.

A giant smile appeared on my face. "This is like my dream home."

He took his eyes off the view, staring down at me. "Yeah?"

"Mhm, a nice house out on the lake away from the busy city life but not too far. It would be like a peaceful escape."

"A peaceful escape...I like that," He gave me a handsome smile.

Suddenly Jackson's voice boomed over towards us. "Hey, Scar, Nix!"

We both turned around to see him and Destiny walking in our direction. "Hey, guys!" I shouted back.

Phoenix gave them a nod. "Hey."

Destiny's smile was big and bright as she held onto Jackson's arm. "Hi, it's good to see you two!"

"You too," I replied while they caught up to us.

Seeing them together made my heart happy, especially for Jack. He deserves someone sweet and amazing to be with just like him.

"Is everyone else here?" Jackson asked with a curious brow.

Nix spoke up. "They should be since they had a head start."

He nodded as the four of us kept walking down the driveway. "Why were you two late?"

"Had to get gas," Phoenix fibbed as a small chuckle escaped my lips.

*Buzz*

"Ahh," I bit my lip hard, making a fist with my hand at my side. Jackson and Destiny awkwardly glanced over at me. "Ha...sorry, I just can't wait to get inside."

Jackson shook his head. "Yeah, okay, weirdo."

Phoenix lets out a laugh, sliding his arm around my waist. "Gotta love her. She just gets so excited over the littlest of things." My eyes nearly light him on fire while he keeps his eyes forward with a smirk plastered on his face.

Once we got to the front door, Destiny rang the doorbell. Music was blaring from inside and instantly became louder when someone opened the door.

"Hey! You guys finally made it," Brandon welcomed us into his house.

There were quite a few people inside from the looks of it, and the backyard had just as many. Not too insane, though, and so far, I don't spy any unwanted exes.

"Scar," A very smiley Mia came running over to hug me.

"There is more than just Scar here, ya know?" Jackson pointed out as we all had a few chuckles.

Mia rolled her eyes, turning over to the rest of them. "Hi, guys, and I'm so happy you came, Destiny!"

"Me too," She smiled warmly.

Brandon chimed in. "So, we have a couple of kegs out back and then the hard shit in the kitchen. Help yourselves all you want."

"Thanks, man," Nix said.

"Of course," He spoke kindly before looking down at Mia. "Hey, do you want another drink?"

There was a smile in her eyes as her cheeks became the shade of a cherry. "Sure, that'd be great."

"Come on, then let's go get you one," He placed his hand on Mia's back, turning his head back at us for only a second. "Go have the best time, guys. My house is yours."

"They're cute," Destiny said as they wandered off together.

"Right?" My smile matched hers.

The four of us ended up walking further into the house. When I looked out the sliding glass door, I spotted my brother and Lily chatting with a few people. I pointed them out to the others, and we made our way out there to join them.

"Oh, what up," Ryder spotted us as they both met us in the middle of the yard.

Just as Phoenix began to talk about something with Ryder, Jackson, and Destiny, Lily pulled me aside.

"Ty's here," She spoke in a quiet tone.

"He is?" I arched a brow, scanning the area for his face.

"Yes, and the last time I saw him, it ended on pretty shitty terms."

"Does Ryder know?" I asked.

"That it ended badly or that he's here?"

"Uhh, both."

She let out a deep sigh. "Yes, and yes."

"Has he talked to you at all?"

"No," Lily shook her head. "Thank god, but when we got here, he and I made eye contact. I've been trying to avoid any confrontation with him at all costs."

I tilted my head to the side. "That's a little hard to do when you are both at the same party, though, and he doesn't seem like the type not to say something."

She groaned, being reminded of what she already knew. "Maybe he doesn't actually care, and he's moved on."

"Maybe... let's hope," I patted her on the shoulder with a small smile. "Wait, he didn't bring Chase, did he?"

"I don't know," Her shoulders shrugged. "I haven't seen him."

"Okay, good," I sighed in relief.

"You guys sharing secrets over here without us?" Ryder joked as he and Nix joined our private little huddle.

Lily looked up at him, nervously chuckling. "Oh yeah, you caught us."

I piped in to change the subject. "Where did Jack and Destiny go?"

"I think they went dancing," Nix's fingers lightly brushed against mine.

"Oooh," Lily spoke up in an excited tone.

Ryder raised a brow at her. "Wanna go?" She quickly nodded as he then chugged his drink. "Alright, lead the way, baby."

"Have fun," I shouted at them before they both ran off inside. I softly smiled and twirled back around to face Phoenix, sliding both my hands behind his neck.

"Everything okay?" He wondered.

"More than okay," I sweetly assured him.

A cute grin formed on his lips, leaning down to kiss me slowly. "Want a drink?"

"Yes, please."

He nodded. "Why don't you wait here, and I'll go get some drinks?"

"Okay, babe."

"I'll be right back," Nix kissed my cheek before going back inside.

Just then, I spotted a couple move from one of the benches around the fire pit, so I went over there to sit and wait.

"Hey, you," Chase's voice made me freeze in my spot as he sat down next to me.

I slowly turned my head to him. "Oh, hey."

"Didn't think I'd see you here."

"Yeah, me either, actually, it was sort of last-minute," I explained with a half-smile.

He nodded while I scooted a little bit away from him since our legs were brushing against each other.

A soft chuckle came out of him. "Don't worry. I'm not going to put the moves on you, Scarlett."

My eyes widened with my cheeks becoming flushed. "What? I didn't..."

"Although I'd like to finish what we started that night at Alyssa's party," He spoke up before I could try to muster a reply. "I also like to respect people's relationships."

"Huh?"

His brow slightly perked up at my confusion. "You're dating that Phoenix guy, right? The one that can't ever seem to take his eyes off you?"

I felt my face heat up. "How'd you know?"

"Ty mentioned it to me. Plus, I saw him kiss you just a minute ago," He smiled, taking a sip from his cup.

A little laugh escaped my lips. "Oh, yeah, that would make sense how you put two and two together then."

"Yep, and by the way, I told you he didn't just think of you as a friend."

"I guess not, but it sure took him long enough to say anything," I shook my head, smiling.

"Guys can be slow sometimes."

"Tell me about it," My eyes rolled as he chuckled at me.

*Buzz*

"Oh my...ahem," I cleared my throat, squirming for a second on the bench as the vibrator buzzed against my most sensitive spot.

Chase gave me a look of concern. "Are you okay?"

I nodded vigorously. "Yes... I'm good!"

"Okay, just making sure. You had me worried there for a minute," His shoulders shook from laughter as I did a quick scan around the backyard, looking for the one and only one that could have been behind this.

My eyes narrowed until I spotted him leaning against the wall beside the sliding glass door. His brows were furrowed as he had his arms crossed, flashing me a sly smirk. Holy shit, why the hell is that so hot?

"Looks like Mr. Grump wants his girl back," Chase spoke up with amusement in his voice, reminding me that he was still there.

"Mr. Grump?" I let out a soft chuckle.

"Yeah," He stood back up to his feet. "You know, it's sweet that you two only have eyes for each other. I'm happy for you," His words felt genuine, making me respond with a kind smile.

"Thank you."

"You're both hot as hell, though. It's a shame he's straight. The three of us could have had one damn good time together if you were into that," He began to walk away slowly.

"Yeah...wait, what?" My eyes got wider, repeating his words in my head.

Chase stopped to glance back over his shoulder. "See you around, Scarlett," Those were his last words before he disappeared in my line of sight as I sat there with my mouth hanging wide open in surprise, completely bewildered.

"Scar?" Nix came up to me with a worried expression. "Did he say something to you?"

I nodded slowly. "He sure said something."

"Where did he go? I'll destroy the twig," His jaw twitched.

My head shook, snapping out of my daze to touch his arm. "Woah, no, wait. He didn't say anything bad exactly."

Phoenix's shoulders relaxed. "He didn't?"

"No."

"Then why do you look like you just saw a ghost?"

My eyes landed on the cup in his hands. "Is that for me?"

He gave me a nod, handing it to me before I almost chugged it all. "So, Chase thinks we're hot," I let out a long breath.

"Like us...together?" Nix sat beside me, trying to understand my weird vibes.

Our eyes met as I turned my head. "Together...and apparently separate too."

"Wait, huh?" He continued to stare at me until a light bulb lit up above his head. "OH! Ohhh. Oh."

"OH," I added.

"Well, I didn't see that one coming, to be honest."

I nodded. "Me either, but he did say that you weren't straight that the three of us could have had fun."

His forehead creased. "The three of us?"

"You, me, and good old Chase rolling in the sheets," I blurted out, trying to suppress a laugh.

"Oh fuck no...NO," His face was filled with shock and annoyance, finishing off his drink. "Yeah, no, I don't share. That's just..."

I cut him off. "A big ass NOPE," His face softened as we both chuckled. "He also said he was happy for us."

"Oh, well, that's nice of him," Nix spoke sincerely.

"Mhm, it was."

He released a sigh. "Now I don't have to worry about him...at least I don't think."

I gave him a soft smile. "He actually does seem like a cool person."

"Yeah, I guess so," He mumbled.

My eyes caught the outline of the remote in his pants pocket as I was reminded of him hitting the button while I was talking to Chase earlier. "By the way, you are evil for using that remote."

Nix smirked. "Just had to remind you that you're mine. In case you forgot."

"Oh yeah?"

"Mhm," He hummed. "And I'm entirely yours."

The corners of my mouth curved into a sweet smile just before his lips met mine, kissing me hard.

"I want to dance," I spoke softly.

Phoenix placed the palm of his hand on my cheek. "Then let's go dance Shortcake," He takes my hand in his, leading me into the house.

We danced for what felt like hours among the crowd of people surrounding us. I ran into Luke in the middle of one song, and I didn't know who it was that he was dancing with, just that he was having as much of a blast as me.

My body never left Nix's grasp the entire time as we swayed to the music. I had flipped around, pushing my ass into him as I felt his cock hardening against me. His hands gripped my hips tightly while my head fell back on his shoulder before I turned around to face him. I reached up, placing my hands on his chest, and felt his heart pounding. He shot me a devilishly hot glance as one of his hands pulled away from my body. I tilted my head, confused.

*Buzz*

I took the fabric of his shirt in my hands, making a fist, and placed my head against his neck to release a moan. "Mmm, ah." Thank god for loud music and distracted people.

After he let go of the button, I raised my head with flushed cheeks and an ache in my center, begging to be touched by him. His eyes turned a shade darker as he saw the lustful look on my face. Nix took his bottom lip between his teeth, trying not to pounce on me in front of everyone in the room. He started to lean down, stopping by my ear. "Let's go," He was still holding onto my sides while we continued to dance with my body pressed against his.

"Where to?" I spoke up loudly with a smirk.

"Follow me," Phoenix protectively wrapped his arm around me as we pushed our way through the crowd, making a pitstop in the kitchen so he could snag a quarter bottle of tequila. We walked back outside while I followed him all the way down towards the dock wrapped around a large boathouse.

"What are we doing here?" I wondered curiously.

"I spotted this earlier and wanted to see something."

The two of us walked over to the boathouse's far side, where there was a double door.

Phoenix tried the left handle, but it was locked and then turned the right one before it opened. "And there we go," He raised both brows with an excited smile.

"We can't go in there," I said apprehensively. "It's like breaking in."

"Babe, it was already unlocked."

"Well...I guess that's true," I admitted as he began to chuckle and quickly pull me inside, locking the door behind us. "Don't want any visitors?" I playfully teased.

He shook his head with a wide grin. "Definitely not."

I swallowed slowly, feeling a tingle shoot down my spine into my core.

We spotted the stairs to the second floor, finding our way up there.

I walked over to the large window to take in the lake's view before turning around to face Phoenix. He was leaning against the back of the couch, scouring every inch of my body.

"Nice place up here," A hint of a smile formed on my lips.

"Mhm," His eyes drew me in as I bit my lip, slowly wandering towards him. My fingers glided down one of his arms, taking the bottle of tequila out of his hand and drinking from it. Nix snatched it back out of my grasp, standing up and placing it on the table. "You ready for your punishment, baby?"

"Always," I spoke in a playful tone.

Without another word, he closed the space between us, crashing his lips on mine. I felt his hand wrap behind my neck while his tongue begged for entrance. Eager to feel his tongue against mine, I happily allowed him in. My hands flew up to the sides of his neck as he pushed me backward until I hit the couch.

His fingers slid down my sides, gripping my hips and flipping me around. I grabbed onto the back of the couch for support as he gently pulled my dress up, exposing my ass and soaking panties. "Mm, you're so fucking sexy."

My head looked back at him, panting in anticipation.

*Smack*

"Ohhhh," A stinging sensation that instantly turned into pleasure spread across my ass as his hand slapped it, making the sound echo the room. "Again, please," I said breathlessly.

*Smack*

"Ahhh, mm," I moaned loudly.

*Smack*

"Oh yes, mm...fuck me," I begged, dripping between my legs.

A smirk appeared on Nix's face. "Uh ah. Not until I hear you screaming my name as you cum for me," He growled, taking a step away and pressing a button on the remote as the vibrator goes off.

*Buzz*

"Mmm, oh god," You could hear it buzzing in my panties, driving my body wild as I held onto the couch tightly.

"That's it, baby. Now I want to hear my name coming out of that sexy little mouth," His voice was low and raspy with desire.

He came up behind me, sliding his hand between my thighs, and pushes the vibrator harder against my clit. "Fuckkk, mm, Phoenix," I cried out in pleasure.

His other hand gripped my hair, pulling my head back as I felt his mouth beside my ear. "Cum for me, Scarlett," He whispered, moving the toy up and down my pussy until he stops just at my center.

"Ohhh, yes, yes," My legs trembled under his touch, instantly getting the release I desperately needed.

"Good girl," Nix placed a few gentle kisses along my neck as I tried to catch my breath.

A quiet moan escaped my lips at his words. No one has ever driven my body to the brink of insanity as he does. I don't think there is anything he can do that wouldn't turn me on.

I pushed up off the couch and turned around to place my hands on his body. He intensely stared down into my eyes before I reached for the bugle in his pants, rubbing the palm of my hand against it.

"Mmgh," He grunted with his eyes closed for a second before I began to undo the zipper of his pants and slowly slide them down with his boxers. His thick cock sprung out towards my face, and as I came back up, I teased the tip with my tongue.

But before I could do anything else, Phoenix grabbed my arms and pulled me up to my feet. "I can't fucking wait any longer. I need to be inside you," He pressed himself against me as his mouth met mine. His hands pushed the straps of my dress off my shoulders before it fell to the ground before moving to tug the strings of my panties. They dropped into a pile on top of my dress. I helped him take off his shirt, chucking it across the room. My arms held onto the back of his neck as he picked me up by my ass, and my legs wrapped around him.

Phoenix carried me towards the giant glass window as my back hit against it. He suddenly lifted me up a little to line himself at my center. As soon as I felt the tip of his cock, our eyes locked, and he slammed into me. "Mmgh, fuckkk," He groaned.

"Ohhh, mm, yes," I bounced up and down his thick length, digging my nails into his back.

My head flew back, lightly hitting the glass. "Mmm, baby, yes, give it to me," I cried out as my breasts rubbed against the stubble on his face while he thrust deeper into my core several times until beads of sweat fell from his forehead.

"Ohh, ughh, ride me, baby," He spoke in a demanding voice, walking us over to the table while still inside me.

Nix laid back onto the tabletop with me now straddling him. Each of my knees pushed on the table as I started to move up and down his cock. "Mm, yeah," He grunted.

"Yes, ohhh, mm," I lifted up, so only the tip was in my center before slamming back down over and over as his hands massaged my bouncing breasts.

With a few more thrusts into my core, we both let go at the same time, filling the room with our dirty sounds of pleasure. Nix released into my pussy until it began to drip out the sides. I collapsed, placing my hands gently down on his bare chest.

Just then, a loud boom and then a crackling could be heard as fireworks across the lake went off. We looked over and out of the window.

"Well, that was perfect timing," Nix said, slightly out of breath as I chuckled. He quickly helped me get up off of him and cleaned up before we watched the fireworks together.

His arms sweetly wrapped around me as I stood in front of him, still completely naked. The warmth of his body against mine made me feel so safe and comfortable. I took in his smell, letting out a quiet breath. "Happy fourth of July, Nixie."

"Happy fourth of July, Shortcake," He leaned over, kissing me on the cheek.

The fireworks went on for another ten minutes before we tried to put ourselves back together enough to head back to the party. As soon as we made our way out and closer to the backyard, we heard shouting...furious and loud shouting. I looked up at Nix with knitted brows. "That doesn't sound good."

Once we got to where the commotion was, we saw a group of people gathered around Ryder and Ty. Lily was standing behind my brother, and it looked like she was crying.

"I don't fucking give a shit who she was to you. You don't have a right to just put your hands on her like that," Ryder yelled.

"Oh, shut up, Wolf. It's not like she is anything other than a good fuck to you anyway. Everyone here knows that," Ty spat out.

Ryder's jaw stiffened as the veins in his neck popped out. "You better shut the hell up before I rip that tongue right out of your mother fucking mouth."

He scoffed in response. "Quit acting like you're some tough ass."

My brother cocked his head to the side just as Brandon ran over beside them. "Woah, Woah! Guys, chill. There no need for this shit."

Phoenix had a protective grip on my hand.

"Look, Lily and I hooked up all the time, so I get it. Trust me. But she isn't worth fighting over. I do know that," Ty sneered.

"You jealous bastard," Ryder's fist flew straight in Ty's face like a bolt of lightning. That's when the crowd started to yell in fear, and people started to leave.

"Oh, shit," Nix's face fell in frustration.

"Ryder, stop! He isn't worth it!" Lily cried out.

Ty spat out blood, shaking his head before he lunged for Ryder. Brandon tried to stop him, but he was way too fast. Then out of nowhere, two of Ty's friends began to team up against Ryder. It was now three on one and utter chaos.

I felt Nix's hold on me weaken before he looked down at me with a serious expression. "Stay here and don't move."

"Phoenix, no," My brows furrowed, lightly grabbing the sleeve of his shirt.

"I'll be right back, baby. Wait here, " His eyes stared into mine until I nodded in understanding, and he rushed in to help Ryder.

Jackson, Destiny, and Luke came running over.

Luke stood close beside me. "Oh, shit!"

"What fucking happened?" Jackson shouted.

"Ty happened!" I shook my head, drowning in worry.

Lily yelled as one of the guys fell back towards her. Mia went to help her, so the three of us made our way over to where they were at. We all were shouting and pleading for them to stop, but no one was listening.

One of Ty's friends ended up scrambling away from Phoenix like a scared puppy as he turned back around to help pry Ty off of Ryder. But within a blink of an eye, the guy that fled came back to the fight, now holding a brick in his hand, heading straight for Nix.

My eyes widened in a panic. "PHEONIX LOOK OUT," I screamed at the top of my lungs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2M 80.3K 59
She looks up at me, taking a step forward and smiling slightly, "How can I ever get hurt when I have you here to protect me?" "But you could have got...
8.6K 368 58
This is book one of the series. Jordan shifts slightly in my lap so she can see my face. "Liam, I want you to mark me." She bluntly states and expose...
1.4M 45.1K 50
⚠ Warning sexual content!!! ⚠ *Book 1 of the "Unexpected Lovestory" Series* She loved her husband more than her last breath. She was blinded, deafene...
1.5K 106 13
He watched as her eyes skimmed over his dark eyes and black hair with barely a reaction. He felt his pride twinge a bit so he went further. Lifting h...