You Complete Me

De titi_hendrix

Sequel to My Life's Meaning🚨 Mai multe

•|1|•
•|2|•
•|3|•
•|4|•
•|5|•
•|6|•
•|7|•
•|9|•
•|10|•
•|11|•

•|8|•

3.4K 263 52
De titi_hendrix

Elijah Ricci

As expected Amir called in the middle of the night asking for Lauren to go get him, like always she got up and went to Remo's house to bring him home.

That was six hours ago, now they're watching Finding Dory with the girls in the living room with matching onesies. Sienna made them last year during Christmas time, on their backs, it has our last name in the bold silver font; Ricci.

Lauren got up smiling holding her phone to her ear, passing me she went into the kitchen taking out a glass cup.

"Oh, that's his name? Hmph yeah he's cute, the question is what does he having going for himself, and does the money coming into his pocket around the clock" she hums turning around going into the refrigerator

"Babe?"

"Why would anybody want a man who doesn't have shit? You would never see me with a nigga that doesn't have at a car or house to his name let alone a phone bill. It's giving very much dependent vibes, I already have three kids to take care of I wish I would look after a grown-ass man too" scoffing she held up a finger telling me to give her a minute. "my expectations in a man isn't that high whatcha mean? That's about it, I'm twenty-four years old and accomplished so much without needing the help of Elijah. The dude is older than me and doesn't have a steady income why would I be interested?"

Pouring half the bottle of apple juice into her glass she raised an eyebrow eyeballing it, downing the glass she gave it to me going back into the living room with the bottle of juice in her hands.

"You can't convince me he's good enough but like it's up to you. I know plenty of people who are up to part and have things going for themselves, like my best friend Messiah. He's adorable, smart as hell, into the same weird lame shit you're into and he's unproblematic"

"Daddy, can you get me some grapes?" Delilah shouts not knowing I'm standing a few feet behind her

"Me too?" Milan yells standing on the couch making eye contact with me. "my brudda wants some too, don't forget him"

"I don't want that Mimi" Amir whisper yells. "I want a banana"

"Dada, he wants a nana!"

"Oh shit, Ima call you back later I forgot I got something to do today" groaning Lauren got up unzipping her onesie putting her phone done. "what were you trying to say a few minutes ago, Elijah?"

"Don't worry about it, where are you going?"

"I have a photoshoot at a petting zoo today, a redneck couple wants to take pictures by the donkeys and shit. The girlfriends' dress is made up of old flags and everything"

"You're comfortable doing their shoot?"

"I don't care, to be honest, these people haven't done or said anything off the wall to me so" shrugging she nods. "I have another shoot later, it's also going to be outdoors I'm not sure what time I'll be back"

"Will Amir be going with you?"

"Nah you know he doesn't like the heat or animals"

"Daddy where's my grapes?"

"And my Brudda's nana? He gotta eat!"

"Delilah and Milan y'all can get up and get it. Squirt speak up for yourself, Milan isn't always going to be your voice" Lauren says hitting them upside their heads with a pillow, she took off running away up the stairs when Delilah glares at her holding up the pillow

"Yes I am" Milan whispers yells giving Amir a thumbs up.

***

Lauren Monique

Jogging downstairs and out the front door, I heard Amir and Milan shouting my name.

"Mama wait! I'm gon miss you" Milan whines

"I want to go!" Amir shouts

"I'll come back and get y'all later, go back inside"

"Where are you going?" a tap on my shoulder scares the life out of me, looking back I groaned knowing his twin isn't far behind. "that's how it is now? Weren't you just begging me to come back"

"Hey Geo" rolling my eyes I gave him a quick hug climbing into my truck. "I have a photoshoot to do, see ya later"

"Can you wait about five minutes? Tiana and Sienna wants to talk to you about something, they're on their way here and Remo wants to ask you why you haven't responded to any of his messages"

"I've been busy with my babies and working, I don't sit around on my phone. Tell Sie and Tiana I'll see them whenever I'm done"

Geovani nods slowly giving me an unsure glance, waving off his brother he scratches his head.

"Are you still upset with him?"

"Bye Geovani" starting the engine and smiling amusedly I drove off.

Not even two minutes later I'm getting a FaceTime call from the kid's iPad, decline.

Elijah's home he can handle whatever is bothering them, right?

***

"Listen, folks, I don't give a damn who you dislike I didn't come here to listen to your life story nor your drama. Move out my way before I empty my clip in ya chest" tapping my foot irritatedly I held my equipment in my hands, I already took most of my things to the car I'm on my last trip.

The couple I just took pictures for had unexpected guests show up and accused the male of assaulting someone.

They exchanged a few petty slaps and got to arguing blocking the closet exit out of the donkey area, the next exit is too damn far for me to walk with all my equipment so I'll be damn if I do the most when they can move their asses.

"I'm so sorry" one of the women apologizes trying to get her friend out of my way. "let her by"

It seems to go over her head as she continued fusing about the assault.

At this point, she wants to get touched

Nodding I turned to put a few things on the ground before facing the woman and shoving her forcefully out of my way.

"What the fuck?" She shouts

"Stand up and Ima rock yo shit, I know damn well you heard me ask you to move multiple times" taking my things to the truck I did a few breathing exercises to calm myself

After putting everything in the back seat I called Elijah to tell him about the situation, rudely he declined my call quickly.

Well Nah

Calling the kid's iPad I waited a while before one of them picked up.

"Hi, Mama" Milan grins into the camera sitting under a table with a messy face. "Pop-pop here! He made us puddin"

"Hey boo, where's your dad?"

"Mm" twisting her lip she looked around frowning, screaming his name she shrugs. "I don't know"

"Okay well, where's your brother and sister?"

"I can show you" crawling from under the table she got up running around calling their names, stopping abruptly in front of Tiana and Remo. "say hi to my mama"

"Hi, Lauren, what time will you be back? Sienna and I have something to talk to you about" Tiana waves glancing at Remo, who's holding Amir. "he just fell asleep"

"Ok, I don't know probably in two or three hours depending on how this next photo shoot goes. What's it about? One of y'all pregnant or something?"

"No it's nothing even close to that, we would prefer to discuss it face to face"

"It's about me?"

"Yes"

"You make me not want to come home but alright, make sure Amir doesn't sleep all day and don't let Milan have any more puddling. Have y'all seen Elijah? His stink ass declined my call"

"I think he's outside talking with your dad and Delilah has his phone so it wasn't him"

"Alright, when he comes inside tell him to call me back"

"Okay, do you want to say hi to Remo quick?" Tiana rushes out nudging his side

"Nah I'm good, bye Milan I love you"

"Bye-bye mama, love you"

Hanging up I headed to the same flower field Elijah took me to the day he gave me a promise ring.

That day seemed so perfect

***

Elijah Ricci

"Sir I'm not sure what you want me to do, she doesn't listen to me whenever I bring up her health. Pretty soon I'm sure she's going to come to me and say she's out of retirement and has a mission"

"Then you'll make her stay" Bakari gives me a stern look reassuring me like it's possible. "my daughter is family-oriented, use it against her. She doesn't need to be out there playing with guns"

Lauren and I told her family about our jobs after our weddings a few years ago, she didn't want to keep anything from them any longer.

Bakari ignored her for two weeks because of it, he doesn't approve of her having anything to do with weapons or putting her life at risk.

"It's what she loves, I can't hold her back fro—"

"You can and you will stop being pussy"

Running my hands through my hair I shook my head dismissively.

"I can't"

"You scared she's going to leave you, boy?"

"There's no doubt in my mind that she wouldn't, it's one of her passions. She's said it countless times that shouldn't be with anyone who purposely holds her back, I can't do that to her"

"Would you rather her be dead in the streets or mad at you for a few days? She can't divorce you if you don't sign the papers" waving me off he gestures towards the patio doors.

"Daddy, mama keeps calling. I can't play the game cause of her" Delilah whines handing me the phone, she had already answered the call and had it on speaker

"Elijah?" Lauren question

". . .Yes?" I answer hesitantly

She paused for a minute or two, humming.

"Ima question you about that shady shit later, I don't know why you're being nervous but it's probably causing you're about to do something wrong. I feel it, anyways can you go pick up a tub for me? I sent you the store address and everything"

Of course, she caught that, she notices everything

"Yes, okay"

"And a few gallons of water, I'm at the flower field hurry up. Tell Pops hey for me" with that she hung up

"She sees through you like glass" shaking his head Bakari leaves slipping Delilah a few dollars

Lauren's going to kill me

Happy New Year, fireflies 🤍

.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

704K 29K 28
- Sequel to Stuck With You
70.2K 2K 31
read nd find out .
1.2M 59.1K 55
"𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚒 𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚗𝚎𝚠." | - | sequel to "Speak™️" slow updates
7.1K 166 20
𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛, 𝙸𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚖𝚎.