Sixty-four Steps (drarry)

By liamwhatdoyoubring

A stormy sky, clouds and rain. As Harry looked, truly looked, into Draco's eyes he could begin to see a story... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 16

598 17 248
By liamwhatdoyoubring

I used to hear a simple song, that was until you came along
Now in its place is something new,
I hear it when I look at you

Christmas Morning.

Harry awoke at around ten, he had been jittery all night. Excitement pumping through his veins. Harry was genuinely excited about Christmas this year. Amazing family, gifts, Draco. Everything was perfect, absolutely perfect.

Harry rolled on top of Draco and kissed his chin. "Wake up darling" Harry cooed. Draco grumbled and turned over with Harry, pulling him back into his arms. Harry smiled and pecked the tip of Draco's nose. "It's Christmas darling" Harry said softly as he caressed Draco's cheek.

"Christmas can wait another 30 minutes" Draco said groggily, he was barely conscious. "No, no it cannot. Come on Dray I wanna go open gifts" Harry nagged. Draco's eyes completely fluttered open. He smiled when he was met with the cheery face of his love. "Fine love" Draco said and went in to kiss Harry.

Harry stopped him. "No darling, I have awful morning breath. I don't want to accidentally kill you" Harry chuckled. Draco shook his head and rolled his eyes. "I don't care" Draco kissed Harry softly.  A good morning kiss.

"Now c'mon" Harry got out of bed tugging on Draco's hand. "I am I am calm down" Draco chuckled and got up. He put his slippers on and handed Harry his. Harry slid his own on.

They made their way downstairs, passing Bellatrix on the way. They smiled to her and continued to the main room. Narcissa was already in there, sitting on the couch. She seemed to be waiting for them.

"Happy Christmas Mum!" Draco walked over to her and leaned down to hug her. Harry hugged her as well. "Happy Christmas Narcissa" Harry pulled away and sat on one of the arm chairs.

"Well then I will sort the gifts." Narcissa smiled and walked over to the tree. Harry looked out of the large window and saw snow covering the land as far as he could see. A warm sensation filled Harry. This dark manor seemed so light in this moment.

"Good morning!" Bellatrix came into the room and waved hello to everyone. Harry smiled at her, then noticed she had her wand tucked into her pocket. He found it odd, but let it slide. Maybe she was ready to defend them against an intruder or something.

Bellatrix had become a very close person to Harry. She gave him advice, she joked with him, and she was there for him. Harry and her had began to become friends, very good friends. He trusted her, he believed she was truly a changed woman.

"Here Harry" Narcissa pushed his pile of gifts towards him. Harry looked completely stunned, his face frozen with a large smile. "Thank you so much, you really didn't have to" Harry managed out. Narcissa shook her head and smiled. "You deserve it hon." She smiled and gave Draco his pile, then Bellatrix her's.

They all began opening at the same time. Draco and Harry occasionally looking at the other person's gifts. Harry saw a few items of clothing he knew he would be stealing from Draco when they returned back to Hogwarts. Draco saw some cologne's of Harry's he would definitely be using without Harry's permission.

Bellatrix had opened all of her gifts. She got up and hugged everyone, saying thank you along the way. "I'll be right back" She smiled and disappeared into her room.

Narcissa smiled at the two boys. "Do you two like your gifts?" She asked. "Yes, these are truly amazing. I'm so grateful" Harry said to her, nearly in tears. He had never had this kind of experience. Everyone was happy and getting along. There was no yelling or stress. Harry felt safe. He felt as if this whole home was untouchable.

Draco placed his hand on Harry's. Harry looked up at Draco and smiled. "I got you a gift." Draco said softly and handing Harry a box. Harry quirked his head. "I've got one for you two." Harry handed Draco a smaller box.

"You open yours first." Harry nudged Draco and smiled. Narcissa was watching intently, she knew what both of them had gotten each other. "Fine fine" Draco unwrapped his cute little box. It revealed a black box.

Draco opened it, there lay one of the most beautiful  rings he had ever seen. "Oh Harry.."Draco was at a loss for words. A large band, an emerald in the middle. Shapes and grooves carved into the metal band. "You always complain about how you don't have enough rings, so I got you one more to add to your tiny collection." Harry smiled at his reaction.

"It's gorgeous darling" Draco kissed Harry, Draco really kissed Harry with every ounce of love in his body. "Okay okay your turn, It was sort of last minute. Although I think you'll love it" Draco smiled and waited impatiently for Harry to unwrap his gift.

Harry unwrapped it, a piece of paper. Harry tilted his head a bit, sort of confused. He opened up the paper. Harry read over the words and basically attacked Draco with a big bear hug. Draco fell over with Harry holding him. Harry was in tears, happy tears.

"I love you, I love you, I love you" Harry kissed Draco now. Draco smiled. "Plane tickets to Paris." Harry said to Draco. "It's your dream. I want to be the one to fulfill it. Harry it'll be gorgeous" Draco smiled and held Harry tightly.

"I got the best tickets money could buy. We're flying first class" He said to Harry.

"I cannot believe you." Harry had the biggest smile on his face, his cheeks began hurting. Narcissa was just watching with love and endearment. "I love you boys" She scooted over to them and hugged the both of them. They both reacted instantly hugging her back.

Meanwhile...

"Ok Barty today's the big day!" Bellatrix smiled. Barty smiled as well. "Can we do it now?" Barty asked with excitement. And a sense of impatience. "No their friends are on their way right now. We must wait until they leave. We can do it then" Bellatrix began changing into some more appropriate clothes for the day.

Barty smirked. "Hon, this is going to be our biggest accomplishment yet." He said. Bellatrix turned around to face him. "I couldn't be more excited" She said with a devilish smirk on her face.

~~

Neville, Blaise, Hermione, and Ron had arrived to the Manor.

Everyone hugged and chatted for a bit. "Okay gift exchange. Me and 'Mione have got to be on our way soon. Mum's expecting us home soon." Ron said and pulled the gifts out of Hermione's bag. Neville and Blaise were cuddled up together next to the fireplace.

They truly made a perfect pair.

Harry clapped his hands excitedly and began handing out their gifts to the rest of the people in the room. "We got these all last minute so if you don't like them, sucks" Draco said with a smirk and Harry hit his shoulder.

"No we did not, he's lying. I put much thought into the gifts." Harry smiled a satisfactory smile and sat back as everyone began unwrapping their gifts.

He had gotten Blaise and Neville a joint gift, necklaces. One said he's a catch, the other said he's a keeper. Harry thought it was a funny cute gift for them because they were just starting out. Blaise was very passionate about quidditch so Harry found it to be a perfect gift. It was cheesy but cute.

Neville and Blaise laughed and smiled, putting the necklaces on. "They're beautiful thank you Harry." Neville smiled. Harry liked this side of Neville, not so shy, reserved, and jittery. Neville seemed very happy with Blaise. It was another one of those rare loves. Where it was so unexpected yet so anticipated.

The rest of the gifts really weren't mentioning, just funny little things. Gifts lining up with inside jokes between Harry and Hermione and Ron. They had gotten the others small cute things. Everyone had finally finished opening their gifts and saying their thank you's.

"I'll see the two of you sometime before break ends okay?" Harry said as he walked Ron and Hermione to the door. "Of course you will mate. We can't stay away from you for long anyway." Ron chuckled and hugged Harry.

Hermione hugged Harry as well. "I'll see you around. Be safe ok?" She said as she smiled and walked out the door. Harry closed the door once they were gone, and locked it.

He came back into the living room. Blaise and Neville were collecting their things as well. "Leaving?" Harry said. "Yes they are they have Christmas plans to attend to" Draco smiled at Harry. "Alright then. It was lovely seeing you two." Harry smiled. "Let's get together for a double date sometime yeah?" Blaise said to Draco and Harry as he took Neville's hand.

"Yeah mate sounds great." Draco smiled and lead them to the door. Harry followed. "It's been lovely. Bye you two" Neville smiled and walked out into the cold air. Blaise followed him.

Draco closed the door and re locked it. "Well that was actually enjoyable." Draco chuckled and walked back into the living room. Harry followed and agreed.

"It was fun, we should do it again sometime with all of them. Like a get together" Harry smiled and began cleaning up the wrapping paper. Draco helped. "Everything is so perfect love" Draco smiled. "It really is" Harry smiled as well, feeling light as air.

"Looks like Ron left his jacket here." Harry picked it up and set it on a table. "He can grab it whenever we do our next gathering." Draco smiled and kissed Harry's forehead.

"Oh your friends left?" Narcissa said as she came back into the room. "Yes they had plans mum" Draco said and made a ball of the wrapping paper. "Oh okay, we'll then how about we-" Narcissa was cut off by Bellatrix entering the room. She was wearing the outfit she wore at the battle.

Harry shuddered at the memories. "Your friends are gone?" Bellatrix asked politely, warmly, sweetly. "Yes they left a few minutes back." Harry replied with a smile.

"Isn't Christmas just absolutely wonderful?" Narcissa said cheerily. "Yes, yes it is. Maybe tomorrow we could go to the city." Draco said with a smile on his face. Harry cuddled into Draco's side, Draco wrapped his arm around him. Draco caressed Harry's side with his hand. Harry smiled and kissed Draco's cheek.

"It is a lovely Christmas isn't it?" Bellatrix smiled. Everyone in the room agreed.

"I couldn't agree more." A deeper voice, sounding like a man said from the staircase. Everyone's heads snapped back to look at him.

Harry began trembling, his whole body set into a fit of shivering. Draco pulled Harry closer to him and slowly backed away. "Wh- what are you doing here?" Draco said, trying to sound stern and unafraid. "Bella didn't tell you?" Barty smirked.

Bellatrix got up and walked to him, he grabbed her by the waist and they shared a very unnecessary sloppy kiss. Draco and Harry cringed and looked away. Narcissa was shell shocked, just standing in one place, frozen.

"Well I'll explain why I'm here." The man smirked devilishly and looked at everyone in the room. Draco had Harry pushed up against him, scared and trembling.

Draco was trying to soothe Harry in any quiet possible way he could. Soft kisses to his temple, caressing his side, whispering reassurances into his ear. "I'm here to kill the boy, as you all probably have figured." Barty said.

Harry began crying silently, he thought he had put this all behind him. Harry's mind could not even begin to focus on one thing, so much was running through it. His tears wetting his cheeks.

Draco's eyes were beginning to pool with tears, he couldn't lose Harry. He couldn't lose the one person he cared of most. He couldn't lose the one person who completely him, the one person who filled the empty hole in his heart. Draco's heart was beating out of his chest, that was all he could hear.

"I figured i'd make it a fair fight, wouldn't be much fun if I could take it so easily so here." Barty tossed each of their wands to them. Harry's trembling hand reached out and grabbed ahold of his.

Harry had never given up a fight, no matter the circumstances. He wouldn't give up now. Harry wouldn't give up Draco, he wouldn't give up the life they've made. Harry wouldn't give up their future plans, Paris, the home in the countryside.

Harry rose to his feat, Draco watched with his hand still entwined with Harry's. Draco grabbed his wand and stood up as well. Draco was willing to fight, to die for Harry. "Ah looks like we'll have a fair duel after all" Bellatrix clapped cheerfully.

Narcissa grabbed her wand as well and walked over, standing next to Harry and Draco.

"Yay" Barty smirked and pulled out his wand.

"Fight!" Bellatrix said and smirked. She began targeting Narcissa, spells flying left and right. Narcissa deflecting them all and throwing them right back. "My own Sister!" Narcissa yelled at her. "Oh whatever!" Bellatrix rolled her eyes out and stuck her tongue out at her. The spells kept flying through the air.

Harry and Draco stood side by side facing the evil man who stood in front of them. "If anything happens look in the very back of my wardrobe ok?" Harry said, shaky voice and all. "Don't talk like that nothing will happen. I love you" Draco replied, tears running down his face. Tears of sadness and worry and fear.

"Enough of the sappy shit let's get this over with" Barty started throwing spells at the two of them. Draco made sure to keep Harry behind him, since Harry was the big prize.

Flashes of different colored lights were flying around the room, the Christmas tree had been knocked down by this point.

The fights began to collide, Harry, Draco, and Narcissa against the other two. "Stupefy!" Narcissa yelled pointing her wand at Barty, for some reason he didn't deflect it, or even try to. It hit him and he fell unconscious.

"Looks like it's just you against us now" Draco smirked at his aunt. "I can take all of you on, this should be easy." Bellatrix smiled and began throwing more spells. She was aiming all of them at Harry, but no one would allow her spells to touch him.

One spell did hit someone, a stupefy spell hit Narcissa. She fell unconscious. "Your own sister! You're evil!" Draco shouted at her.

"Blah blah blah" Bellatrix rolled her eyes and laughed hysterically. "What's so funny?" Harry asked her. "Nothing, nothing at all" She smiled.

"If you want him you have to get through me!" Draco yelled at her and threw spells at her like a madman. Harry did the same. "I'm okay with killing you and him hon." Bellatrix giggled.

"Well then guess I get on with it." Bellatrix raised her wand. "Immediate death for you. I won't make you suffer because you are still my nephew" Bellatrix smiled.

Ron and Hermione had returned for his coat, they heard the fighting and went inside after using the unlocking charm. They were now watching this intense scene going on in front of them, very confused what was happening.

Everything began moving in slow motion for Draco. His fight or flight instinct immediately kicking in. Draco backed up and wrapped his arms around Harry, keeping Harry behind him. Harry held Draco's arms. "I love you" Harry whispered into Draco's ear. Draco looked back at Harry with tears in his eyes.

Streams of tears falling down his and Harry's faces.

"Avada Keda-" Bellatrix began speaking and pointing her wand at Draco who was attempting to protect Harry. "No!" Harry yelled and jumped in front of Draco.

Although the spell failed, Bellatrix fell dead instead. Her body hitting the floor with a thud. Someone had killed her before she got the chance to finish speaking. Harry fell to his knees, shaking.

Draco hugged Harry tighter than he ever had before, he was trying to make sure he hadn't been dreaming. He wanted to be sure Harry was really there with him. "What the hell happened?" Ron said from behind them, his mouth agape.

Draco was crying, holding Harry. "Bellatrix, turned on us brought Barty in the house" Draco sniffled and pointed to Barty who was laying unconscious on the ground. Harry was trembling, scared. He was trying to calm himself down by burying his face and body into Draco. Smelling him. Trying to make sure he was really there.

"Love." Draco lifted Harry's head and stared at him. Harry kissed Draco, Harry placed his soft lips to Draco's. Draco kissed back, his tears wetting Harry's cheeks. "It's okay, everything's okay. We're okay. I'm here" Draco said against Harry's lips. Harry nodded and wrapped his arms around Draco's neck. Draco held Harry so tightly, never wanting to let go again.

Harry was ready to sacrifice his life for Draco. That was real love. Real, raw, genuine love. The feeling of an eternal bond being created between two hearts. Souls being bound together. Soulmates.

"So want me to take care of that one too?" Hermione said and pointed her wand at Barty who was still very unconscious. "No. Let me do it" Draco kissed Harry's forehead and stood up. He pointed his wand down at the man and said the spell. The murderous spell. "That felt amazing" Draco straightened out his shirt.

"Thank you so much." Draco looked back at Ron and Hermione them embraced them, almost knocking them over. "Of course" Hermione said smiling. Harry got up and joined the hug. They all held each other for a little bit there.

They were all trying to shake the memories of what had just happened. Draco was still shaken by the thought of Harry's death. Harry was still shaken by the thought of Draco's.

~~~

Trip to Paris.

Draco and Harry ended up having to push the trip back until school had finished. Narcissa made a full and speedy recovery, thankfully. They had disposed of Barty and Bellatrix properly.

Harry and Draco's love was even stronger than before, everything that happened to the two of them on that awful Christmas evening left an imprint on their hearts.

School had finally come to a close. Although it was sad to see it go, Harry had never felt more free. No watching eye of a head master. No worrying about his family. No judgement.

Draco and Harry were finally on their long awaited and well deserved trip to the capital of love.

"I can't believe we're actually doing this." Harry smiled as he squeezed Draco's hand as they walked through Paris. It had come to be evening so quickly.

They arrived there at three-thirty p.m. Draco had surprised Harry with a beautiful penthouse suite. A large window overlooking the city, Harry could see the Eiffel Tower from his bedroom.

"I can't either. This is a dream." Draco said as they approached the tower.

Harry noticed Draco's hands had been a tiny bit sweaty. He seemed more jittery than usual. Harry let it slide because maybe it was just excitement or something.

"Darling you seem nervous" Harry squeezes Draco's hand. Draco chuckled and looked down at Harry. "I'm not nervous love" He said as they continued walking.

That was a lie. Draco was extremely nervous.

"Alright Dray if you say so" They finally reached the tower and cheated a tiny bit to reach the top. Draco made sure no one was around then used a spell to transport them to the top. Harry laughed when they got to the top. They cheated their way there and it worked.

Harry took a moment to look out at the city then around the top of the tower. "Where is everyone?" Harry looked around. "I may have rented out this platform. It's the highest and most beautiful view. And ever since Lucius died I've had the money" Draco snickered.

Harry's eyes then fell to the floor, rose petals. Candles. A soft tune he couldn't have heard before, but now it was apparent to him. Harry's heart began racing. Draco smiled and lead Harry to end of the rose trail. Harry's eyes watering at this point. Draco's eyes watering as well.

"Harry.." Draco chuckled breathily. "You probably know where this is going" Draco took a pause to take a breath. Harry smiled widely, tears now falling down his cheeks. "So, this is such a cliché. I promised myself I would never fall into a cheesy cliché, but god I would do anything for you. Harry James Potter. You risked your life for me and I would risk mine for you. Our hearts are tied together, I ache when I'm not with you. Almost losing you was the scariest moment of my whole entire life. I don't ever want to lose you. You're the whole reason I am who I am. I changed because of you, I'm happier because of you. My home, my love, and my darling..." Draco took a shaky breath.

Harry was smiling and crying all at once.

Draco got down on one knee and looked up to Harry as he pulled a black velvet box out of his pocket. Harry let out a choked up chuckle as Draco fumbled with the box. Harry sniffled and stared down at him.

"Harry, I love you and I can't imagine my life without you. I want to keep you happy for as long as you'll let me. So, Harry James Potter. Will you make me the luckiest and happiest man in the world and marry me?" Draco smiled brightly, his smile from ear to ear.

"Of course I will you big sap" He could barely get his words out from crying. Harry kneeled to Draco's level and threw his arms around him. Draco kissed Harry's cheek and then his lips. "I love you, I love you" Harry smiled and kissed Draco again. Draco pulled the ring out of the box and slipped it onto Harry's finger.

Harry stared down at it in awe, then looked back to Draco and kissed him again. "I'm the luckiest man alive" Harry said into Draco's shoulder. Draco sniffled and lifted Harry up. "No I am." He smiled.

Draco apparated them into their hotel room and smiled. "You are so beautiful fiancé." Draco kissed Harry's cheek. "Fiancé that has such a nice ring to it" Harry smiled and held Draco's face.

Draco and Harry waisted the night away talking about wedding plans. Talking about their manor on the countryside. Talking about their forever.

Then they danced.

"Darling, may I have this dance?" Draco bowed down. Harry giggled and took his hand. Draco pulled Harry close to him and began swaying to a beautiful slow song. The same song they first danced to that night in the Astronomy tower. "I couldn't be happier." Harry said with a smile. Draco nodded in agreement and continued to sway with his fiancé.

They returned back to their hotel suite. Draco walked in after Harry and began removing his shoes. Harry unbuttoned his shirt, so he could change into his pajamas.

Draco stood still, staring and admiring Harry's complexion. "You're really tempting me right now" Draco smirked and strode over to Harry. Harry's breath hitched in his throat, his cheeks heated up.

Draco's hands traced Harry's waist slowly, his fingertips roaming Harry's bare skin. Harry but his lip slightly and stared up at Draco as he began to unbutton Draco's shirt as well. Draco places his lips on Harry's roughly, Draco picked Harry up and carried him to the large bed in the other room.

Harry ground his hips up against Draco as he carried him. Draco squeezed Harry's thighs causing Harry to gasp. With the gasp Draco slid his tongue into Harry's mouth. Harry quietly whimpered into Draco's mouth. Draco's shirt had been left in the main room along with Harry's.

Draco slid Harry down, getting on top of him. Draco pulled away for a split second to look down at Harry.

"But I wanted to save myself for our wedding night." Harry said sarcastically. Draco smirked and chuckled. "Right" Draco rolled his eyes and reconnected their lips. Harry smirked and ran his hands down Draco's bare chest.

Draco had somehow managed to have Harry's pants un-buttoned and the belt was off. "I need you to touch me" Harry whispered into Draco's ear. Draco grabbed Harry's waist and flipped them again.

Draco removed Harry's pants completely. Harry was already hard and whining for just a tiny touch. Draco smirked down at Harry before licking his lips. "Needy are we?" Draco ran his finger down Harry's jawline.

"Please" Harry said in a slight whisper. Draco began to palm Harry through his underwear. Harry moaned with much satisfaction.

Draco and Harry's tongues fought as Draco counted to pleasure Harry and only Harry. Draco sped his pace up. Harry's moans were quieted because their mouths were connected. Draco removed his lips from Harry's and sucked down his neck instead.

Harry gripped the black comforter, his knuckles turning white from how hard he was grabbing. Draco swirled his tongue around every mark he had made. Harry moaned and grabbed Draco's shoulders aggressively. Draco smirked.

Harry felt a knot forming in his stomach as got closer to climax. Draco could tell because Harry's mouth was open but no sound was coming out. "Go ahead darling" Draco whispered into Harry's ear.

Harry released and moaned a final quiet moan. "I love you" Harry chuckled and kissed Draco again.

~~~~

The wedding.

December eleventh was the decided day. The day the two men would profess their love in front of all their friends family.

Draco wanted a snowy wedding, something cold but beautiful. Harry wanted a wedding somewhere in a clearing of a forest. So they agreed on a snowy wedding in a clearing.

It had taken five months to plan out every detail until everything was finally perfect enough for the both of them.

When their friends found out of the engagement they were beyond happy. When Narcissa found out she broke down into tears. She kept saying how much she loved them and how proud she was of them. She bought both of their tuxedos. She also paid for the cake. She also paid for the decor.

Narcissa was trying to help in every way she could.

The big day finally arrived.

"Darling! Wake up! Get up!" Harry smiled and jumped on the bed. Draco grumbled and turned on his side. "It's our wedding day! Wake! Up!" Harry threw pillows at him. Draco chuckled and got up, he started jumping as well. Draco and Harry fell back onto the bed laughing.

"We're getting married today love" Draco smiled and kissed Harry. "I cannot wait to be officially married to the love of my life" Harry smiled and got up out of bed. "I have plans with Ron and Hermione, they are going to help me get ready" Harry changed into some comfortable clothes.

Hermione and Ron were going to help him get ready.

"And I have plans with Blaise, Neville, and Pansy" Draco smiled and propped his head up on his hand, watching Harry get dressed. "I can't wait to see your outfit love" Draco smirked and watched Harry put his shoes on. "I can't wait to see yours" Harry walked over to the bed and placed a soft kiss on Draco's lips.

"I'll see you later darling" Draco smiled and watched Harry leave. Draco got up, stretching.

Draco checked the time, Blaise, Neville, and Pansy should be arriving in about an hour. He decided to take a hot shower to relax his muscles. Draco was nervous for the wedding, he wanted nothing but perfectness. He wanted nothing bad to happen, after all they'd been through he wanted everything to be perfect for Harry.

Draco got out of the shower after about a twenty-five minute pep talk to himself about how everything would be fine.

He put some clothes on and waited around for them to arrive.

~~~

Harry got to Ron's house and saw the whole Weasley family waiting for him. Once they saw him, they all ran up to hug and congratulate him. "Harry, congratulations!" Molly said and pinched Harry's cheeks. The rest of the Weasley's congratulated him.

"Okay, okay that's enough" Ron said pushing through all of them with Hermione. The family backed up and disbanded, going to different parts of the house.

"Congratulations mate!" Ron embraced Harry and patted his back. Harry chuckled and smiled, hugging Ron back. "I'm so excited!" Hermione then hugged him.

"Okay we have preparations to do come on!" Hermione lead them into Ron's house and up to an empty room which had Harry's tux handing on the back of the door. "I'm so nervous you two" Harry said as he came into the room and sat on the bed.

"Oh none of that Harry it's the best day of your life. It's amazing don't be nervous" Hermione said as she smiled and sat down on a chair at the vanity shoved in the corner of the room. "We have your hair to do, shoes to shine, and a tux to get on without ruining your hair. Well then I guess we should put the tux on first" Hermione was trying to figure out the steps to her perfect plan for Harry's wedding.

"Hermione, babe, you're stressing over nothing calm down it'll all be ok" Ron said and rubbed her shoulder blade. "Yes it'll be fine, but may I suggest we do the tuxedo first" Harry chimed in. "Yes, yes good idea." Hermione smiled and got the tuxedo off of the door.

"Okay go put it on then" Ron smiled and shooed Harry into the bathroom. "Okay mate" Harry smiled and walked over to the bathroom. He unzipped the bag his tuxedo was in. Harry saw it and was in awe once again. The tux he had picked out was truly beautiful.

Harry couldn't wait to see Draco's reaction and Draco's tuxedo. Harry put it on, loving the way it had been tailored to fit him like a glove.

He came out of the bathroom, walking back into the room with Ron and Hermione. Hermione smiled and felt her eyes fill with tears. She walked over and hugged Harry, careful not to wrinkle his suit. "I'm sorry I'm such a crybaby today." She sniffled and pulled away.

"I'm barely keeping myself composed" Ron chuckled. "Now let's get that hair done" Hermione smiled and lead Harry to the chair at the vanity. She got to work.

~~~~

Blaise, Neville, and Pansy had finally arrived. "Draco!" Pansy smiled and hugged Draco. "It's so nice to see all three of you again!" Draco smiled, looking at his friends who all stood before him. "Today's the big day." Neville said with a smile. "We couldn't be happier for you" Blaise smiled and put his arm around Neville's waist.

"Let's get you ready!" Pansy smiled and ran upstairs to Draco and Harry's suite within the Malfoy Manor. Everyone followed her, Blaise going over every last minute thing he could think of. "Yes, yes I have everything and everything is going fine. Mum's at the venue right now and everything has arrived it's gorgeous she says" Draco smiled and walked into his bedroom, grabbing the suit.

"Go put it on" Neville said. Draco nodded and went into the bathroom, he opened the bag which contained his suit. One thing was for sure, he had a great fashion sense.

Draco put the suit on, careful not to wrinkle it or ruin anything. "Today is the best day of my life" Draco smiled and came out of the bathroom. "It's amazing Draco. Shit how much did that cost?" Pansy stared at him in awe. "Oh let's not worry about that" Draco chuckled, it was quite a lot.

"Fix my hair" Draco smiled and sat down. All three of them got to work on separate last minute things.

~~

They had decided Harry would be the one to walk down the aisle. Although they would both have bouquets of flowers, deep red roses. Deep red against white snow is a beautiful scene. The time had come, Harry and Draco were at the venue in separate areas.

They had beautiful tents set up, there was a large tent for the reception. Two smaller tents for Harry and Draco to wait in.

It was finally time.

Draco was standing at the alter. The wooden alter, a wooden arch with red roses weaving their way through it. Chairs lined up evenly on either side of the aisle. There was no separation for the two's different sides of family. Everyone was mixed together. It didn't matter which side anyone sat on.

Draco stood at the alter, nervously but happy. His heart was pounding out of his chest, he couldn't see any of the other people there. All he could focus on was the aisle, anxiously waiting for Harry to walk down it.

A sweet slow song began playing, they decided the wedding march was too traditional for them. Everyone rose to their feet. Sirius Black was walking Harry, he had been more of a father to him than anyone ever was.

Draco cleared his throat and looked down the aisle. Harry began to walk, once he saw Draco any jitters he had disappeared. All Harry could think about was how elated he was to marry the love of his life.

Draco watched Harry come down the aisle, any sense of nervousness disappearing at the sight of Harry. Draco felt tears well in his eyes, he swiftly wiped them away. He did not want to be a mess in front of everyone.

Harry finally reached the alter. Draco took Harry's hands, Harry smiled up at Draco through his tears. "You look beautiful" Draco whispered with a smile. Harry's cheeks turned red and he chuckled.

It came time to say the vows.

Draco went first. "Harry, I knew from the moment you walked into Hogwarts you were something special. It wasn't that you were 'golden boy'. It's that you were so shy, so reserved and timid. Yet so fiery and fierce.  I tried to deny the way I felt about you for years and I hated every second of it. Now I'm lucky enough to stand before you and marry you. Harry you are my forever, you are my home. You are the one and only love of my life." Draco finished speaking, his voice breaking a tiny bit towards the end. Harry was in full blown tears, crying with a smile plastered on his face.

Narcissa was in the front row bawling her eyes out along with Hermione, Pansy, Molly, and Draco was pretty sure he even saw Ron shed a tear or two.

"Wow okay you shouldn't have gone first, now I'm going to cry throughout mine" Harry chuckled and sniffled. Everyone there laughed as well. Harry wiped his eyes and nose.

"Draco Malfoy. My boy. I can't imagine my life without you. I don't know how I lived so long without you...You know those days when everything feels dark, like the weight of the world is crushing you. Like you can't breathe? You are my breath of fresh air. You are the reason i'm still alive. There was always something in my heart telling me one day we would end up here. I tried to tell my heart to just shut it. That didn't work. I'm glad it didn't work, I wouldn't be half the man I am today without you Dray. I love you" Harry took many pauses within his vows. Harry kept getting all choked up.

"I now pronounce you husband and husband. You may now kiss the groom" The man officiating the wedding said.

Draco smiled and wrapped his arm around Harry's waist. Harry looked up at Draco. Draco dipped Harry and captured him in the most meaningful, loving kiss they had ever shared. Harry was taken by surprise but fell into the kiss immediately. They only pulled back when they heard applause.

The reception was fun filled and completely beautiful.

Everyone had come up separately to congratulate the newly weds. It was truly a beautiful and significant day.

It had only taken them three months after the big day to find their dream home, a countryside manor. A black and white marble manor, Draco's idea. Obviously Draco had the funds for it considering he was filthy rich.

Moving day had finally come upon them.

"I will truly miss you two more than anything." Narcissa said as she helped load one of the last boxes into the back of the large and almost full moving truck. They had decided to use no magic to move, they wanted to do it normally. "We will miss you so much more Narcissa" Harry pulled her into a hug. She hugged back tightly. "Take care of him okay?" She said. "Of course I will" Harry smiled "Stay safe." She said and pulled away from the hug.

"We will, you can come visit anytime you want. We even picked out a room just for you" Draco hopped down from where he was inside the truck. He was making sure everything was in place and not going to break. The sleeves to his sweater were rolled up and he had a hint of sweat glistening on his forehead.

"I know I know, I'm being silly" She smiled. "I won't keep you two any longer. Go start your lives together." She hurried them along with a large smile. They both chuckled and pulled her into a group hug. "We got you a moving out present." Harry said. "Oh yes I almost forgot, thank you darling" Draco smiled and ran inside. "What is it?" She asked.

"You'll see" Harry smiled mischievously. "Have her close her eyes" Draco yelled from the doorway, struggling to hold something behind his back. Narcissa closed her eyes and Draco walked over.

He wrapped his free arm around Harry's waist. Harry smiled. "Open" Draco said. Narcissa opened her eyes to and was met with the cute eyes of an adorable puppy staring back at her. "Oh boys" She smiled and took the puppy from Draco's arms. "We knew it would get quiet around the house without us, so we got you something to liven it up" Harry reached out and pet the dog. "Thank you." Narcissa hugged them again, but was careful not to crush the dog.

"Of course mum" Draco kissed her cheek. "Now go on!" She pulled away. "Okay okay we're going" Harry chuckled. He walked to the passengers seat of the truck and hopped in. Draco was walking away, but Narcissa grabbed his arm softly. "Take care of him okay?" She said with a soft smile. "I would do anything for him." Draco replied with a smile as well.

He walked over and hopped into the truck's driver seat. Draco pulled out of the driveway. "Bye we love you, come visit very soon!" Harry yelled out of the window. She waved until they were no longer in view. "Looks like it's just you and me now huh?" She smiled down at the puppy. The puppy seemed to smile in response. Although he was probably just panting.

~~Two years later~~

"Love can you please wake James, we must be at your mum's house in 30 minutes." Harry said as he frantically fixed his tie, he was honestly just fumbling with it at this point. Draco chuckled. "Here darling" He fixed Harry's tie for him and patted his chest softly. "Gorgeous, yes I will wake him" Draco kissed Harry's forehead then walked down the hall to their son's room.

They had adopted James a year earlier. A five year old little cutie who was four at the time of adoption. His name was James which was absolutely perfect considering it was already Harry's middle name. Once the couple had seen him they knew he was the one. It had taken them a little bit to adjust to life with a child running around. But they wouldn't ask for anything else.

They decided on James Scorpius Malfoy-Potter.

"James, wake up my little munchkin." Draco placed his hand on his son's shoulder. The little boy just grumbled angrily and turned over to face his dad. "Noo." The little boy said softly. "Come on we have to go to your Nan's house today for Christmas Eve." Draco picked him up and placed him on his lap.

"Okay daddy." He said as he rubbed his tired eyes. "Let's get you dressed okay?" Draco set the boy down on the floor and went to rummage through the formal outfits they had bought for him. "This one." Draco pulled out a cute little suit. "Come here james" Draco called him over.

He helped him get dressed. The boy fussed just a tiny bit, he still wanted to be asleep. Everything was fun until Draco tried to put the jacket on. "No!" James scream giggled and ran out of his room, he ran down the hall into Harry and Draco's room. "Daddy Help!" He ran behind Harry's leg. Harry chuckled and looked back at him. "What are you hiding from sweetheart?" He said.

"Daddy" James pointed at the doorway where Draco stood holding the jacket.

"Oh no, daddy is just trying to get you dressed for Nan's house" Harry said and picked James up, then placed him on the floor in front of him. Draco walked towards him and Hames began running again, back and forth in their bedroom. "I'm gonna get you" Draco teased and 'chased' James. He looked at Harry and winked. Harry just laughed the whole time.

He took a moment to think back to his wedding as his husband chased their child throughout their bedroom with the cutest and tiniest jacket Harry had ever seen.

If he had known how good his life would become he never would've put himself through all the shit he did. With a loving husband and an adorable little boy.

Walking up the aisle was one of the most nerve wracking things Harry had ever done.

It had taken him only 64 steps to reach the start of the rest of his life.

~~~~~
Authors note

This is the end. IM SO SAD ITS OVER. I'm definitely going to continue writing I have an idea or two about what I should do next. If you have any ideas for a book you'd like to see me write, tell me and I may just write it. Thank you all for your immense amounts of support. I love everyone who read this story so much. Shit I can't believe it's really over !! Well I'm glad you all enjoyed! Please have a Merry Christmas, or a Happy Hanukkah, or whatever you celebrate. Have a happy one ! Thank you for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 845 28
I do not own Harry Potter. This is HarryxDraco fanfic. It's a DRARRY if you don't like it then please don't read it. ***** "Harry?" Draco called out...
3.6K 163 21
"Wishing on dandelions all of the time" After the war, Harry is alone and headed back to finish his last year of school at Hogwarts while feeling not...
351K 11.7K 16
"You know what Potter... I think I'll take that offer," Draco began, walking closer towards me, backing me against the wall. "Wait, really?" I looked...
7.3M 255K 64
"You know what I think?" Harry leaned across the table. "I think you're afraid. You don't take risks like us Gryffindors." He scoffed. "Please, you G...