The Boxer and the Badboy

By whyme_bookworm

#1st in werewolf #1st in confessions and fighter #1st in humor #5th in romance Hayley Hood is a 17 year old... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3-
Chapter 4-
Chapter 5-
Chapter 6-
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11-
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 1-

357K 8.1K 3.4K
By whyme_bookworm

Hello Earthlings!

We've finally reached 1M views ^.^ I am sososososososo happy (multiply to infinity)- I can't even describe the joy right now- no really, I'm trembling. I swear you guys will be the death of me. 

I want to thank all my readers for bothering to read this story written when I was a mere immature 14 year old who had no experience whatsoever except for her imagination. Sometimes when I stroll down the chapters randomly, I cringe to the moon and back haha. Right now, I am absolutely overjoyed and I think I will be all my life when I think back to this amazing Wattpad community. Thank you so much for all the comments whther good or bad (for the good ones- I love reading all of them and I'm touched when you seem to connect with the story and for the bad ones- well thank you, contrary to what most readers think, some writers actually appreciate the criticisms for the end result is always something better and really, I haven't stopped improving because of those critics).

I am forever grateful to this huge huge family that's given me a place. Please, to anyone out there reading this, when you feel the urge to write something, do it. Do not restrain your imagination- however cringeful or cliche or otherworldly it seems. Publishing it as well and reading what others think about it (strangers actually) is even better because you know they aren't lying to you about their opinion. 

Seriously, thank you everyone. You haven't just made my day, you've made my life.

Sorry for holding you guys back from reading, please take your oars, jump right into this story and sail :) 

Chapter 1

"Pig!"

  I spun around and nearly got knocked to the ground. Small arms wrapped around my knees and a mass of curly blonde hair came into view. My mood instantly brightened up. I steadied myself before carefully lifted the little girl into my arms. A huge grin- my first one of the day- graced my lips as I chuckled.

"How many times have I told you not to barrel over to me? I don't want you to fall," I scolded her although my smile betrayed me. I could already sense numerous pairs of eyes staring at my sister and I. It's surprising how I've been picking up my sister for the three months that we've been here and people still stare at us like we were aliens.

"You told me seventeen times!" She giggled and clapped her hands together, her bright blue eyes twinkling.

"Tsk, tsk, and you even counted, now I have to punish you," I shook my head and pretended to appear disappointed with her. She rolled her eyes and stifled a giggle.

"Alright, alright, I'm sorry, Pig," she sighed.

"Sorry won't do at all, especially since you called me 'pig'," I glared playfully.

"But I always call you 'Pig' and it will never change!" She frowned. And I perfectly knew that it would never change...though I still had a slither of hope that she would call me by my name. It wasn't my fault that I ate like a pig!

Pouting, I sighed dramatically, "You hurt me."

"But you still love me!" She gave me a cheeky smile and stuck out her tongue.

"Oh my! Unfortunately I do! Who can release my wrath from this evil witch?" I fake gasped making her burst into fits of laughter. I joined in her laughter and carried her to my black Honda bike, Bertha. I had literally sweat blood to get that bike but it had paid for all my efforts and I was really attached to it. One scratch and I go bonkers.

"Here's the helmet, Mia," I lowered her back to the ground and gave her the bright pink helmet. She happily stuffed it on her head while I put on mine. Securing the straps of both helmets, I lifted her up onto the bike and slid in behind her.

I made sure that she was well seated before revving up the engine and speeding out of Bumblebee Primary School's parking lot, making a lot of kids and parents stare at me wide-eyed. Like I cared.

I drove to the outskirts of town where our beaten down apartment awaited. A usual scowl of disgust appeared on my face as I stopped my bike and lifted Mia up to place her back onto the ground. I gripped her hand tightly as I carefully surveyed my surroundings- like everyday. My shoulders appearing relaxed when in reality I was slightly tensed up. You never know. With my sister beside me; I would never take risks.

When I was sure that nobody would jump out of nowhere and attack us; I lead Mia to the termite eaten door and creaked it open.

"Bob," I said in an emotionless voice when a short fat guy came wobbling in. His scruffy shirt was ridden up to show his belly button. As usual, he gave me a creepy grin and stared at me with his pig-like eyes.

"Hayley! I have been waiting for you," He barked out a laugh, his disgusting beer-reeking breath hit me.

"Yeah?" I asked; giving him a blank look while tightening my hold on my now quiet little sister.

"It's the end of the month which means time to pay up!" His grin widened.

My jaw tightened as I reached into the back of my jeans and pulled out all the money I had saved. I then slapped the money in his outstretched hand.

Since he was the manager here; I had to pay the rent. It was the cheapest place I could find. I had searched high and low for a better place for the past two months but they were all exceeding my budget so I was forced to put up with this dusty old building.

No one else lodged here except for my sister and I so I think that the fatty hag here depended on us to keep running his business.

I briskly walked past him and climbed up the stairs with Mia tagging along behind me. I unlocked the door and walked into the dark apartment. Mia pressed the switch and the living room immediately lit up. Ragged cloths covered the ripped furniture and old photos were stacked in a corner.

"Mia, can you switch on the wifi box while I make some pasta?" I sighed and Mia quickly nodded.

After locking my door, I entered the kitchen and rummaged through the small fridge to come across yesterday's pasta.

I shoved the plate into the microwave and heated it up. Mia came into the kitchen just when I had divided the meal onto two plates.

"Thanks, Pig!" She grinned as she took her food and skipped back to the living room. A small smile made its way on my lips as I followed her with my own steaming food in my hands. Plopping down beside her, I switched on my laptop and put in our favourite movie: 'The Lion King.'

What? It's awesome!

And that scene where Mustafa dies always makes me tear up. No regrets.

Halfway through the movie, Mia's head slumped down on my shoulder. I put aside our empty plates before picking her up and carrying her to the bedroom. I pushed open the door with a foot to enter, and gently laid her down on the bed.

"Goodnight, Mia," I kissed her forehead making her mumble inconherent stuff. My smile widened; she was just too cute. Shaking my head in amusement, I closed the door and made my way back to the living room.

My smile instantly vanished when I remembered our situation. Mia didn't deserve this life. No 10 year old girl should have gone through what she had experienced. All children should have parents, a warm home where they go to after school, toys, new clothes, new school materials, family outings, and good food.

But she had none of that. She only had an emo-looking sister who didn't even have money to feed her well and have a nice home.

I buried my face into my hands.

I wanted to give her what all the other kids had. I wanted her to be happy. I didn't want her to live this pathetic and meaningless life. But how? How can I give her all that?

Send her to a foster home? No. Damn. Way.

I may be in a rough situation but I would never abandon my sister. She was all I had. She had my life in the palm of her hands.

Groaning in frustration, I abruptly sat up and snatched my jacket. Staying here and thinking about my messed up life would only make me more depressed.

After securely locking our apartment door, I snuck out of the building and ran to my bike.

If I wanted to make Mia happy and give her all the stuff that other children had, I would have to get money.

And the best way for me to get money was to do what I do best.

Fight.

================================

HEYYYYYYY!

OKay so I did not mean to sound creepy...ANYWAYS> I've been having the idea of creating this book for a loooonnngggg time. Well, now I have the nerve to write it!

It's only the beginning and I really need to know if its good or not XD. I'd appreciate it if you don't just ditch this book- I understand that i'm not that great of a writer LOL.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 6.7K 32
***COMPLETED*** Sky's home life was a little piece of hell on earth. She often had to fight past the pain, but she always found a way to become stron...
60K 2K 20
"I-I" I wanted to tell him, the words were on my lips but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Doing that would destroy any hope of us being togeth...
823K 24.4K 68
"He's lucky I let him live!" He kicks the chair he was sitting on, "I can't stand the thought of anyone hurting you." He takes slow steady steps towa...
Fighter girl By Jade

Teen Fiction

788K 20.3K 28
I'm a fighter, I fight for the the things I want, I fight for the little family I have, I fight for everything I believe in, but most of all I fight...