Horrortale - Back to the begi...

By L0velybela207

It's been almost 9 years since I left the underground after acquiring the King's soul. The monsters there tho... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15

Chapter 14

691 21 2
By L0velybela207

I felt my arm being shaken by someone.  The weight of Frisk's body was still on me.  We were still alive.  Yeah, it looks like I underestimated the flower.

I opened my eyes, slowly, and Frisk tried to wake me up, with her arm that wasn't hurt.

I looked around, still sleepy, and she smiled at me.

"Yay you woke up!"

Flowey approached.

"Finally, huh?  No guards around, until now."

"Thanks, herb."

Frisk hugged me, kind of suddenly, but I hugged her back.

"Thanks."

"Don't worry about it, kiddo.  Is your shoulder better?"

She nodded.

"It still hurts, but my soul regenerates quickly, so I think we can keep walking."

She got up, took Flowey by the arm, and her backpack that was with us, I had brought it, but I used it as a support, behind me.

I took it and gave it to Frisk, who put it on just one shoulder.

Her face was still stained with dried blood, which stuck to her eyes.

"You'll wash this in waterfall, right?"

"I can barely open my eye" she laughed "do I have a choice?"

I chuckled, picking up the axe I was carrying and we started walking.  I put her to walk nearby, in case something happened.

The sound of the falling water was relaxing, Frisk felt it, because her expression was serene.

"Here is so chilly."

~Here is so chilly

We looked in the direction of the voice and it was an echo flower, one of the few that came back with the weak magic of the place.  Frisk laughed, which made me smile involuntarily.

When we finished crossing the bridges, Frisk knelt by the running water, and left her backpack and Flowey with me.  She started to wash her face, and from time to time she let out a few moans of pain, due to her injuries.

"You think I didn't notice, right?" Flowey asked me, leaving me confused.

"What?"

"The way you look when you're close to her."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"You have always been a cruel killer, who had no reason to live anymore, and eyes thirsty for blood and flesh.  When she came back, you changed.  I've seen you smile more, in a good way."

I was silent for a moment.

"And how do you know that, herb?"

"Because I already felt it, once.  It's been a long time."

I burst out laughing.

"You?  You are a fool who was the cause of this destruction in the first place."

"I already explained why, I won't talk about it again."

I hesitated, but he was right.

"You know we hid part of the real story from Frisk, we should tell her."

I was silent, watching him look at me.

"You won't say anything?"

"What would I say?  I didn't even tell Aliza about what happened to Undyne and the underground much."

"But it's Frisk we're talking about, she's literally here to save us, she needs to know everything."

Frisk came back to us with a wet face, I could see the cut on his head, but it was covered by his bangs.  She smiled at us and took the backpack from my shoulder.

"Shall we?"

She started walking, a little clumsy, but that was always out of her.  I followed her, with Flowey on my shoulder.

We kept walking, until she stopped in front of an eco flower.  She knelt and put her hands next to her mouth, so that I wouldn't hear what she was whispering to the flower.

I was curious when she stopped talking and signed us to approach.  I knelt beside her and faced the flower.

~I am the legendary fart master.

Frisk held her laugh.  I remember that joke, it was one of our secret codes.  I couldn't contain a small smile.

Frisk pov

Seeing him smile made my heart warm.  What I wanted most was to be able to see him happy.

I sat on the grass.

"Hey, Frisk." Sans called me.

"Yep?"

"There's ..." he hesitated. "um .."

"There's something we need to tell you about what really happened underground."

My heart sped up.

"Ah ... what about it?  You can say it."

Sans fixed his posture.

"Yes, I feel that the herb here has already told you about some things that happened, but I think that many things have been omitted.  Herb, what did you tell her?"

"He told me that you fell into a coma and ..."

"I was in a coma ??" He looked at Flowey in disbelief.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK SHE WOULD IMAGINE IF I TOLD THAT IT HAPPENED WORSE??"

"It happened worse ??" I asked, confused.

Sans sighed.

"I'll tell you about the beginning.  After you left, Undyne got pissed at me, and we fought, but I didn't go into a coma" he glared at Flowey, who swallowed hard" we had a fight, but after a while, things started to happen  get worse.  The Core, our source of magic, collapsed, which made our magic run out, and with that our source of supply and food.  Countless monsters died, places lost their power, it was an apocalypse."

I heard that story very focused.

"Undyne called me to help in a way to fix Core, it took a lot more monsters to die with it.  Alphys then thought that a source of powerful magic would be what?" He pointed at her eye.

"Your magic eye ..."

He nodded.

"The source of my power, Undyne and I fought until she made that crack in my skull and took the ... shit out of my eye."

"What is that red blood cell in your .."

"You do not want to know."

I nodded, understanding.

"After that fight, I did something with Alphys that ..." he laughed, just remembering "I better not say."

I swallowed dry.

"Yeah, umm ... after that, Undyne implanted that fucking rule.  She said that we would find a way to get out of here without the help of a human's soul, and all those humans who fell would serve as meat, because food was something that was already out of reach.  But I refused."

"You spent eight years without eating?"

He nodded.

"It hurts?  It hurts, but this is far from something I would do.  You're lucky you didn't go through Grillby's and the other snowdin monsters, like Aliza did.  The poor thing almost died."

I lowered my head, I felt even more guilty for everything that was happening.  Was I supposed to get over it?  Obvious, but I couldn't, worse and worse things would swallow me up and the worst was the fact that it was my fault.

"Frisk, it's not your fault. The Core breaking was not your fault, you had no idea it would happen, you don't need to feel guilty for it."

He stood up and held out his hand to me, smiling as softly as possible.

"Come, we have a way to go."

I took his hand, and he pulled me.  I hugged him tightly, holding some tears that asked for passage.

I felt his arms wrap around me gently, and we stayed there for a while (they like hugs 😔)

We got away and went on our journey, it was good because we didn't find almost any monster in a good part of the way, which in a way made me worried.

But as I said back there, nothing that is good lasts long, is it?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 91 23
NOTE - I am not the creator of AxeTale nor do I own it's rights, this is my own retelling of the story of AxeTale. A sub-AU if you will, a rewrite of...
511K 12.4K 47
[Completed] [[Lemon and Swear Warning]] [2019 Jan Note: This book dates back to 2017, where my grammar and spelling checks weren't efficient due to m...
23.9K 743 70
*COMPLETED* DISCLAMER: Cringe warning. This is my first book I have ever written so please bear with the grammar and spelling issues inside. DO NOT R...
69 1 7
This is going to be a Frans fanfic this will be my first try at this so please don't judge me to much and later on if i feel like it i may put a litt...