Never Forgotten

By MicStories

He was due to wake up from his induced coma. He was almost there to reunite with his family. But evil never s... More

Chapter 1: The aftermath
Chapter 2: Facing reality
Chapter 3: Complications
Chapter 4: Forever yours
Chapter 5: Home
Chapter 6: Confiding
Chapter 7: Rage
Chapter 8: Deal with the devil
Chapter 10: Freedom
Chapter 11: Family ties
Chapter 12: Exposed
Chapter 13: Lovers reunited
Chapter 14: Catching up
Chapter 15: Silencing threats
Chapter 16: Game over
Chapter 17: Lost without you
Chapter 18: Christmas
Chapter 19: Fix me, love me
Chapter 20: Surprise guest
Chapter 21: 2 become 1
Chapter 22: Honeymoon
Chapter 23: Honeymoon pt 2
Epilogue
SOFIA HAS A BOOK

Chapter 9: Old friend

22.6K 877 212
By MicStories

Cole

"I know he's self discharged from us, but please if you notice anything such as headaches, disorientation or anything out of the ordinary, please call us. He's improved a lot, but he still needs to follow these exercises. Keep him busy and don't let him push himself". 

The doctor handed over a bag of medication and several documents before bidding us farewell. Even though Oscar lashed out at the staff when they tried to persuade him to stay, it didn't stop her going over to the car and talking to him.

Glancing down at my phone, I looked to find a message pop up from the bidding.

Fuck, it's Brian.

Shoving my phone into my pocket, I ran a hand through my hair and walked back to my car nervous to fill Oscar in. He was like a loose cannon. He was eager to proceed with plans, but he'd be furious at what I was about to tell him about Brian. I should have looked at it to prepare myself, but I had to do it in front of Oscar.

He still doubted me, but I had no intention of betraying him. I knew it would take a lot, but I craved forgiveness. I had no-one left except my brother and mother. I just prayed they'd one day find it in their hearts to consider forgiving me. I realised too late that family are truly the only ones that stick around in life. Friends only use you for their own gain, but family never betrays. If I hadn't let my mind be corrupted, I'd have a strong and secure family. But I lost that.

Sitting down in the driver's seat, I threw the paperwork behind me before proceeding to start the car.

"What did she say to you?".

"She said she fancied you".

Oscar rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"I'm kidding, she said not to push yourself and for me to keep an eye on you. Just because you're out does not mean you can start slacking on your exercises. I want you to become stronger than you ever have before".

Oscar mumbled something under his breath before turning to look out the window.

Switching the engine on, I waved at the doctor once more before pulling out of the parking space and out of the clinic car park. 

"Where are we gonna go?" I asked Oscar wondering what was on his mind.

"Anywhere discreet where I can start planning Brian's death" he replied in a sinister tone with a sadistic smile on his face.

"Fuck, that was dark. But sounds like a plan. I have a warehouse about 30 minutes away. But I don't think I can wait that long to tell you an important update".

Oscar's head whipped over to face me with a frown on his face.

"An update?" he repeated with his eyebrows raised in curiosity.

Pulling into an empty car park under the dark night sky, I pulled out my phone and opened up the bid on Eleanor.

"I won the bidding. Brian has made contact with me".

Before I could say another word, Oscar grabbed the phone from out of my hand and stared at it intently.

His hard eyes suddenly softened as if overcome with emotion.

But as I prepared myself for what was to happen next, Oscar suddenly smiled and gave me a subtle nod.

"Well done Cole, you were right. And judging from his message, he does not suspect a thing".

It felt good to see Oscar happy with me. Maybe I was on the road to redemption.

"What did the message say?".

Oscar held my phone tightly in his hand with eyes fixated on the message like a predator analysing everything about it's prey.

"A short message of congratulations, a bit about how he's happy you got out and that Eleanor will be devastated with you winning her. Little does the fucker know that she's coming back to me. He's attached details of the exchange. It's arranged for 3 days time".

"3 days? We're fucked" I collapsed back into my chair wondering how we were gonna get everything prepared in that short of time. Oscar struggled to walk let alone hold a gun. 

"I wouldn't say that with some of the connections I have".

I watched Oscar as he passed me back my phone and grabbed his own. 

I remained silent watching as Oscar struggled to use his phone, but eventually held the phone to his ear.

"It's been a long time, but I need your help. Yeah, I'll be there in 45 minutes. Bye".

Oscar hung up on the call and slipped his phone into his pocket.

"You gonna fill me in?".

"Give me the sat nav, we're going to visit and old friend of mine".

**********************

2 hours later

Oscar

"Are you sure you're at the right place? This looks like something from a Goddamn fairy tale". 

He made a valid point. In Sofia's eyes, this would be her dream house. And if I wasn't involved in this life, then I too would probably downsize to a cosy little house like this. It was isolated with nature surrounding it. Forests on their backdoor, fields to the left and right. It was the most beautiful little house you would ever find. 

"Yes. Now, let's go. I'll probably receive an earful for being late".

"Hey, it wasn't my fault. The satnav kept directing me to all the food services. It also wasn't very easy to find this place". 

Ignoring his childish comments, I slowly got myself out the car before looking up at the little house. 

Not waiting for Cole, I held onto the handle bar and climbed up the steps decorated with little fairy lights on the railings. 

"Dude, slow down" Cole called out after me but stopped when we both reached the door. 

My hand was poised ready to knock, but I stopped dead in my tracks when the only sound that could be heard was a woman moaning loudly from behind the door. 

Bangs and crashes could be heard from inside the house as two people engaged in some very vigorous sex. 

Manly grunts and a woman's moans got louder as Cole and I awkwardly waited in the silence.

"They are expecting us, right?" Cole asked almost making me doubt my answer.

"Yeah. He knows".

Not wanting to listen any longer, I knocked loudly on the door making the moans fall silent. 

Cole and I looked at one another as the two people in the hallway stopped their antics and started rushing around at the sudden intrusion.

After a couple of minutes, the door flew open to reveal an old friend of mine desperately catching his breath.

"Hello James. Did we interrupt something?".

A/N - I know I said I wouldn't, but I couldn't resist a little cameo. For those of you don't know James is the main character of my 3 book series (Stolen to be His Princess). The time frame for James' appearance in this book is around the end of Broken Memories.

"As a matter of fact, yes. You said you'd be here well over an hour ago, how else am I supposed to pass the time?".

James neatened his very messy hair before letting us in as if he never fucked his wife minutes ago.

James Richardson was a good friend of mine and we had worked together on many business deals. He was ruthless until he found the love of his life. Even though he left the mafia left for her, it didn't mean he helped from the sideline much to his wife's frustration.

"Oh, I don't know, work, go out for a walk?". 

"Is the infamous Oscar Hendricks recommending other activities other than sex? Did you lose your personality in the coma? I'll have you know, my wife comes above everything".

I let out a loud laugh and embraced James with strong arms. 

"It's so good to see you James". 

James patted me on my shoulders and pulled away with a huge smile on his face.

"Likewise my friend. And who is this?".

I followed James' eyes and looked back at Cole who seemed to be nervous, but rightfully so. He knew exactly who James was and the things he had done. I knew he feared him. Most men did.

"James, this is my younger brother Cole".

James looked at me with a frown, but turned to Cole and smiled at him.

"It's nice to meet you. Please, come in. Oh, and take your shoes off otherwise my wife will murder you".

Nodding at Cole, I followed James inside and took my shoes off in hopes of avoiding pissing off his wife. 

Cole followed closely behind me and after taking off our coats and shoes, we followed James into what seemed to be the living room. 

"Dinner is ready in the warmer, but please make yourself feel comfortable".

James sat down on one of his large cream sofas and watched as Cole and I sat down on the other.

"So, we need your help defeating"-

James held up his hand and shook his head.

"There's no talk of that sort of stuff yet. We'll have that conversation after food. My wife hates it when I talk of that business so we must refrain from it until we go into the office and then we can talk freely about it". 

"How is she doing, you know with everything".

James smiled sadly and looked at the photo frame of his wife and 2 children. 

"She has good days and bad, but we changed medication which has helped. Aw, here is my beautiful wife".

Cole and I looked to the door to see a small looking woman staring between us and James with a shy smile on her face.

"Hello" she mumbled quietly.

James instantly stood up and embraced his wife. He cupped her cheeks and assessed her before she nodded at him. James gave her a gentle kiss on the top of her head before looking back at us.

"Baby, this is Oscar Hendricks and his brother Cole".

James wrapped his muscly arm around her waist and pulled her close. 

"It's a pleasure to meet you two" she beamed, James looking down at her with adoration.

"The pleasure is all mine Isabella". 

Standing up from the sofa, I walked over to her and held out my hand for her to shake. Stepping back, Cole did the same but instead lifted her hand up to kiss it.

But I instantly tugged at Cole's shirt making him stop what he was doing.

I subtly shook my head warning Cole that James would not tolerate that. They were so in love with each other, but it didn't stop James from being incredibly possessive over his wife. 

James looked at me and frowned before pulling his wife impossibly close.

"Who's hungry for some dinner?" Isabella giggled whilst smacking James to put his possessiveness at ease.

"Yes baby. I'm famished".

Isabella rolled her eyes and pulled herself from out of James' grip and walked off in the direction of the kitchen.

"If you'd like to follow me gentlemen".

James nodded at us before rushing after his wife. 

The most fearsome man brought to his knees by the sweetest woman.

"Seriously, if you value your life, do not flirt or compliment Isabella. James will not hesitate to end your life if you do".

Cole let out an audible gulp at my serious tone and followed after me eager to eat and discuss plans with James.

Couldn't help myself.

I love them too much.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

881K 31.8K 48
Eleanor, fed up with her cheating boyfriend decides to move out and be independent for once in her lavish life, but there's one problem. She lives in...
125K 2.8K 71
PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS "BREAKING FREE" Meet Aurora Reed.She's the schools hot new girl.She is strong willed and confident but has a heart made of gold.S...
2.2M 82.5K 52
(BOOK 3 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) COMPLETED READ MIA REGINA AND ESCORT ME BABY BEFORE YOU READ THIS. This book CANNOT be read as a standalone. * The rea...