RED

By Mercy198

Enrico Edoardo Vos, the CEO of the fast growing wine company, EDOARDO VINEYARDS, a ladies man was unfortunate... More

My little talk. : )
Prologue
1. Lilac
Lilac (part 2)
2. Rosemary
Rosemary (part 2)
3. Anemone
Anemone (part 2)
4. Bluebell
Bluebell (part 2)
5. Apple Blossom
Apple Blossom (part 2)
6. Forget-Me-Not
Forget-Me-Not (part 2)
7. Heather
Heather (part 2)
8. Iris
Iris (part 2)
9. Daffodil
Daffodil (part 2)
10. Orange Blossom
Orange Blossom (part 2)
11. Tulips
Tulips (part 2)
12. Sunflower
Sunflower (part 2)
13. Heliotrope
Heliotrope (part 2)
14. Violet
Violet (part 2)
15. Orchid
Orchid (part 2)
16. Freesia
Freesia (part 2)
17. Ivy
Ivy (part 2)
18. Gardenia
Gardenia (part 2)
19. Myrtle
Myrtle (part 2)
20. Sweet pea
Sweet pea (part 2)
21. Poinsettia
Poinsettia (part 2)
22. Crocus
Crocus (part 2)
23. Lavender
Lavender (part 2)
24. Lotus
Lotus (part 2)
25. Daises
Daises (part 2)
26. Peony
Peony (part 2)
27. Queen Anne's Lace
Queen Anne's Lace (part 2)
Snapdragons (part 2)
29. Bourvardia
Bourvardia (part 2)
30. Marigold
Marigold (part 2)
31. Pansy
Pansy (part 2)
32. Lily of the valley
Lily of the valley (part 2)

28. Snapdragons

22.8K 1.1K 55
By Mercy198

Love doesn't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.

He took a look at her and realised she had fallen fast asleep. A simple smile played on his lips. She had her head rested on his shoulder and snored ever so softly. He slightly waved his hand in front of her eyes to be sure if she was really asleep and when he got no reaction from her, he concluded that she was asleep. In as much as he would love to have her by his side all night, he also thought about the fact that her current sleeping position might not be good for her. He knew he would have to help her to her room.

For what seemed like a while, he contemplated on how to take her to her room without having to wake her. He let out a light sigh as he lightly stroked her cheek, whilst a never fading smile played on his face. Somehow, it all still seemed like a dream to him. She was there by his side and she was equally in love with him as he was with her. He couldn't ask for anything much better than what he had. It was beautiful. She was beautiful.

Carefully, Enrico held her head with his other hand and quickly shifted his shoulder away from her head. Thereafter, he quickly replaced her support with his arm, instead of shoulder. He took one look at her and only expressed a brief smile when he realised his current action hadn't woken her up. He carefully slid his other hand beneath her legs and carried her into his arms right after counting one to three in his head. He took one more look at her as he stood straight with her in his arms. She lazily opened her eyes to catch a sight of what was possibly going on, but for some reason, of which he was grateful for, she managed to wrap both arms around his neck as she shut her eyes once more, going back to sleep with her head rested on his chest. He made sure she was comfortable in his arms, before taking steps further towards her room.

Gently, he lay her in bed, making sure her head rested properly on the pillow. She moved slightly on the bed to find her perfect sleeping position and when he saw she had succeeded; he took hold of the duvet and covered her properly with it. Afterwards, he just stood there staring at her sleep. He really couldn't wipe off the simple smile that played on his face. In fact, he really didn't want to. She was too perfect and he felt so blessed.

He slightly bent and placed a soft kiss on her forehead, before lightly running his fingers through her hair.

"Good night." He commented in a low and soft voice, as he stared at her face. He only stood straight once more when he felt a little satisfied. Eventually, he made his way out of the room and gently shut it behind him.

Once outside the room, he let out a soft sigh encoded with happiness and satisfaction. Everything was finally getting better and nothing in the world was going to ruin it.

* * *

She turned in her bed and lay still for a moment before turning once more. Slowly, her brows furrowed as her eyes fluttered open. She stared at nowhere in particular for a moment, before finally dragging herself up. She sat still for another moment, her eyes still a little bit drowsy and heavy with sleep. For some reason, she knew she should be up, but for another, she felt like throwing herself back in bed and sleeping to her satisfaction. She caught sight of the sun barely peeping through the curtain into the room. That alone told her it was daybreak. She shot the side table a glance in search of her mobile phone or wristwatch. She caught sight of her phone and managed to stretch her hand towards it, then took hold of it. She laid her eyes on the screen and not until a few seconds later did she realise what she was staring at. Her eyes widened as she finally understood what the time was.

"6:45!?" She exclaimed and that very moment, all manner of sleep left her eyes. She was finally wide awake. She quickly got off the bed and began making her way around the room to get things in order. She hadn't even set her attire for the day ready and had woken up later than usual. She didn't want to get to work late. She had a responsibility and she needed to fulfil it. She couldn't understand why she woke up late. She was always on time and she made sure to set the alarm on her phone on daily repeat. She couldn't understand if it rang and she hadn't heard it or it never rang in the first place. Nevertheless, she tried her best to hurry up with everything. She still had to prepare breakfast before leaving.

Kiana stepped out of her room and made sure to shut it behind her before hurrying her steps forward.

"Good morning sleeping beauty!" His voice caught her by surprise, forcing her to come to a halt. She stared at him for a moment with slightly widened eyes.

A few steps away, Enrico stood behind the counter, within the kitchen. He wore a bright smile on his face before bringing the glass of juice in his hand to his mouth. He gulped down a little, while his eyes rested on her.

"Good morning." She finally replied, her voice a little low. That very moment, she recalled all that happened last night and for some strange reason, she suddenly felt a little shy, aware of the fact that there was a difference in their relationship. Therefore, she lowered her eyes away from him. He noticed the very simple act and although he felt the need to say something, he just couldn't help, but stare at her. A smile beautifully decorated on his face.

Time is running out.

Kiana reminded herself, as it seems this very moment had lasted for a while. The crazy glances and the modest lowering of her eyes. Staring at another direction, she took in a silent but deep breath. She was first an employee before anything else.

"I apologise for waking up late." She started as she made her way into the kitchen, without sparing him a good glance. She knew quite well the effect he had on her. She couldn't risk meeting his eyes at that moment. She walked past him and busied herself with searching the fridge and thinking of what to make.

"I'm sorry, breakfast is a little late today. I really don't know what happened. I rarely wake up late." She narrated, while having her back faced to him, trying hard not to wonder about what he might be thinking. At the very moment, she could hardly concentrate.

"I can't seem to figure out what to make..." She stated in a sigh as she turned to him, but the rest of her words trailed away as he suddenly locked his lips with hers much to her surprise. Her heart raced a thousand miles. Her emotions, overwhelmed. Nevertheless, she didn't reject the kiss from him. Gently, she shut her eyes as he wrapped his arms around her waist and drew her closer, till there was no space left between them. She, on the other hand, wrapped her arms around his neck to wholeheartedly accept the kiss.

Afterwards, he slowly withdrew his lips away from hers, but refused to move away from the warmth of her body. With a smile on his face, he stared at her as she slowly opened her eyes and eventually met his eyes. She couldn't look away from him. She didn't want to. All she could do was stare into his eyes, while every fibre of her being pleaded to have that kiss once more. Her heart was out of its usual beat and she wished more than anything that time would come to a standstill. If only she could have moments like this with him for eternity, that wouldn't be bad at all. At that very moment, she realised she was much more in love with him than she could ever imagine. He was her one true love.

"I love you." He confessed loud enough for her hearing alone, while looking her straight in the eyes. For a moment, all she did was stare at him, but slowly, a smile surfaced on her face.

"I love you too." She made a similar confession and the smile on his face broadened causing hers to do the same as well.

"You know; I do run the company we both work at so..." Enrico started, as he lightly brushed her hair with his fingers.

"Do you want to spend the day with me?" He asked, a clear expectation burden in his eyes.

Her eyes slightly widened at his request.

"Spend... the entire day with you?" She repeated and he nodded.

"Yes. It'll just be you and me. Our very own day." He explained further and Kiana had to admit to herself the fact that his request was tempting.

"Our very own day. That sounds nice, but... we probably have a lot to take care of at the office and besides... Don't you care about what your employees might think. A boss who strolls in whenever he so pleases."

"I really don't care." He replied, quite quickly.

"For a long time, I've had my own share of working in that office, but now... I want to go on a real date. I want to spoil you, Kiana." He added calmly and Kiana couldn't help staring at him.

Date.

The word sounded foreign to her as well as a little tempting. She had never really desired the true definition of that word, but now, Enrico was making her a little greedy for that.

"Spoil me." Kiana stated, in a light laughter as she attempted to move away from him, but he wouldn't let her. His arm around her waist remained firm. She stared at him, a little surprise by his refusal to let her walk away.

"Yes. I want to spoil you. Tell me, what have you always wished for, but couldn't have? I'll make all your wishes come true." He bragged with his statement, but a deep part of him meaning his every word.

She stared at him for a while before letting out a sigh as she shifted her eyes away from him to think.

Opportunities like this don't come all the time.

Her subconscious reminded her of the truth. The thought alone made her aware of the fact that she does want his offer.

"All?" She questioned and Enrico took in a good breath, as he hung his head high and stared down at her with pride.

"Yes." He finally replied and the smile on her face broadened. He did the same as a result of merely taking a look at her smile.

"Great. We best hurry up now or we might not get to finish everything on my list." She told him, as she moved away from him, this time, he let her go.

"You have a list?" He asked, as he watched her walk away towards her room. She stopped and made a momentary turn to him to reply to his question.

"Nope, but I'm getting strange and several ideas. You later best not regret your decision." She warned him, in a joking manner.

"Never." He certified as he buried a hand into the pocket of his trouser and watched her walk away after showing him a quick nod.

When she was finally out of sight, Enrico stared towards some other direction and couldn't wipe off the smile from his face. He placed a hand on his chest to feel his heartbeat and that's when he realised how fast it had been racing due to her presence. It was a fun and exciting feeling.

Truly, this was great.

* * *

With arms folded across his chest, Enrico watched as the waiter set the last order of food on their table. He blinked a few times as he stared at the large portions of food set in front of them, before raising his eyes up to Kiana, who, on the other hand, couldn't stop smiling while staring at the food.

"This is much. Are you sure you can have it all?" Enrico asked, a little puzzled by her decision to eat food set for more than five people. Kiana gave a good nod with a bright smile as she looked up to him.

"I will have to. While working at this diner in the past, I would see families, friends have the special family-sized breakfast or dinner and I would always wonder what it was like having to share a meal with someone. Now, I have you and I no longer work here, so I'm going to eat as much as I can." She explained, before picking up the cup filled with latté. First, she inhaled the scent and when it scented just as she recollected, a broad smile surfaced on her face. Enrico smiled just watching her.

"You do know that I could have taken you somewhere better and fancier. Somewhere you could taste several dishes made by the best chef, but silly you chose this place." He commented, a little unable to understand why she wouldn't take full advantage of him.

"You asked for my choice and I made it. Let's have breakfast together."

"Together? I thought your plan was to eat alone to your fullest. Are you trying to escape your decision?" He asked in a chuckle.

"I'm not trying to escape anything. You barely had your dinner last night and hadn't had anything this morning. It's best we eat together." She explained, before pushing two or three plates closer to him. He took one look at them before looking back up to her. Expectation filled her eyes.

He couldn't help staring at her for what seemed like forever. It was amazing how much of his dream had turned to reality.

"My girlfriend is such a thoughtful person." He commented as she took a bite off a bacon.

Girlfriend.

The mention of that word made her halt of her present action and eventually forced her to raise her eyes up to him. The look in his eyes was solemnizing. Seeing him happy made her happy as well and for some reason, at that very moment, she recalled the one thing she hasn't done. The one truth she had procrastinated on telling him. The very important truth. Having him call her his was a nice feeling, but then again, she wouldn't want to start out their relationship with a lie. She would have to come clean about the past.

Kiana, no more hiding!

She warned herself before gathering up enough courage to speak out. After all, it was better now than later.

"I..." She started, her voice a little low and shaky, but at that moment, he barely noticed. He had started bite by bite on his food and once he realised he was truly hungry, he heightened his pace.

"...I have to tell you... something... important about... the past." She continued, her voice still low and shaky. Perhaps, because a great part of her wishes he wouldn't hear anything she had to say.

"Past?" Enrico asked, with slightly furrowed brows, as he looked up to her. The momentary serious look that surfaced in his eyes, set her aback. Her heart sank in and a glimpse of fear flashed past her. Her eyes widened a little in surprise.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29K 1.8K 10
She was a dream, the calm in the storm, since being a babe, the youngest of her siblings, Young Ragnar, Uhtred and Thyra. A girl much too gentle, her...
13.2M 333K 59
What happens when one kiss turns your world upside down? That one simple kiss makes your life into something unexpected. Athena Delaney wor...
115K 4.2K 65
'heart made of glass, my mind of stone' 'tear me to pieces, skin to bone' β€’ season 3 & 4 β€’ β€’ sequel to ocean eyes β€’ β€’ book 2 of the rumpelstiltskin s...
14.6M 564K 62
Is it fair to let a mistake define a person? .......... "Miss...?" he assessed my face with his calculative eyes, waiting for me to tell him my sur...