29. Bourvardia

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.

by Lao Tzu

* * *

"Mrs. Roberts, I was told you needed to see me." She stated as she stepped into the classroom without any student in it. The middle aged woman, Mrs, Roberts, was seated behind her desk and looked up at the sound of the teenage girl's voice.

"Yes, Kiana." She replied as she instantly got up to her feet to meet the young girl, who was taking time walking into the classroom away from the entrance.

"I'm glad you came right away." Mrs, Roberts expressed as she took hold of the door and gently shut it, to hinder any external ear from prying into their conversation. Kiana found it a little odd that she would bother shutting the door to a classroom, especially during after school hours, but she decided to hold off on uttering a word regarding the older woman's action till she understood what was actually going on.

"There's someone who would like to speak to you in private." She explained, as she immediately turned to Kiana.

"Me?" Kiana asked with both raised brows, as her proportion turned to the woman.

"Am I in some sort of trouble? Is it my grade for the test? I can assure you, Mrs. Roberts, I wrote well and I can't get anything less than an A."

"You're okay." Mrs. Roberts immediately intervened before the young girl could cook up more assumptions from her fear and imagination.

"Someone outside the school or staff committee would like to speak to you." She repeated once more, when she noticed a somewhat calm expression on the young girl's face.

Kiana's brows slowly furrowed in confusion at what was going on.

"Hello, Kiana." The sudden voice caused her to turn to its direction quite immediately and almost in a startle.

She stared a little strangely at the elegantly dressed female in front of her, who had on a simple and warm smile, but nothing about a stranger asking for you was actually warm. As if purposefully prolonging the minute silence that occurred right after pronouncing her name, she spoke up sooner than later.

"I'm Mrs. Giulia Edoardo Vos." She identified as she took a few steps closer with her hand stretched out to her for a handshake. A broader smile than the one she had on earlier played on her face.

Kiana took one look at her from head to bottom and back up once more. For some reason, she felt a little uneasy, so she hesitated about accepting her handshake. Giulia noticed.

"I'm Tyler's mother." She added and watched, as the expression on the young girl's face slowly changed. Her eyes, a little widened in surprise.

"T-Tyler's... mum?" She asked and Giulia nodded in accordance. Kiana took one look at her hand and finally accepted her handshake.

"I... I'm sorry. I didn't know who you were, so..." Kiana attempted an explanation regarding how rude she might have been with her stares and for not accepting her handshake on time.

"It's okay. I understand."

"I left Tyler right outside the school. I'll let him know of your presence." She told her as she attempted to turn away towards the door, but Giulia quickly stopped her by placing a hand on her arm.

"There's no need for that." She admitted right away.

"I'm here to speak to you and I don't want Tyler knowing about our little meeting." She explained and Kiana brows slightly furrowed in confusion. She couldn't fathom what was going on.