Sweet pea (part 2)

"Have this sent to Mr. Kent." Cecile told her assistant, as she handed her a folder. She was at the verge of turning away towards her office when she caught sight of Sofia. Sofia put up a smile as she realised the young lady had taken notice of her. Cecile managed to return her smile as a silent sigh escaped her lips.

"Please, have a seat." Cecile offered, as they were now in her office and she herself took her own seat behind her desk.

"Thank you." Sofia appreciated as she took her seat, placing her handbag in her lap.

The few seconds they sat there was in silence. A strange awkward silence that was only filled with a variety of smiles from each other. Unable to hold it in any longer, Cecile spoke up.

"To what do I owe this sudden visit?" Cecile asked and Sofia put up a simple smile.

"I'm sorry, Cecile, for showing up unannounced. I'm sure you must be busy."

"Well, a little, but that's okay so... Can I help you with anything?" Cecile replied, trying her best to sound optimistic, although that wasn't her true feeling deep down.

Sofia's smile remained on her face as she let out a light sigh.

"Enrico. Do you hear from him much?" She finally stated out her cause and Cecile raised a brow. She wasn't that surprise. There was actually nothing else for both her and Sofia to discuss.

"No. I don't."

"I suppose you don't like that very much, right?" She asked, much to Cecile's dismay. She stared at Sofia for what seemed like ages before relaxing back on her seat.

"I don't see why what I like suddenly matters. Both you and my father already made up your minds on what you want." Cecile added, which sort of caught Sofia off guard. Sofia took in a deep breath, whilst her eyes remained on the young woman in front of her.

"You might not see it now, but it's for the best and your father knows that as well." She commented confidently and Cecile gave a sarcastic nodding, whilst staring at Sofia, the smile on her face slowly disappeared.

"Why are you really here, Mrs. Edoardo?"

Upon hearing that very question, a broad smile drew on her face. Somehow, sooner or later, she was going to get exactly what she wanted.

* * *

They both stepped out of the restaurant after having dinner. Kiana walked in front and Enrico followed behind. A few steps out of the restaurant, Enrico came to a stop. He stood staring at her as she approached his car.

Kiana came to a stop in front of Enrico's car. Taking a look around, darkness had finally engulfed the light. She took a look at the time on her mobile phone. She would have to get going if she wanted to meet up with work on time. So, she took a deep breath and turned with an intention to let Enrico know of her plans. She took about two steps up to him and all he did was stare at her.

"I'm sorry, but I have to leave now. Thank you for dinner." She appreciated, before trying to turn away, but Enrico quickly took hold of her hand, causing her to turn her head back to him, a little surprised by his act.

"Let's take a walk together." He suggested and without waiting for a reply or question on her part, he turned to the other side and walked further ahead dragging her along with him.

"What are you doing? Didn't you hear anything I just said?" Kiana asked, quite in contempt, as she tried her best to quietly get his hand off hers, but the harder she tried, the more he got a tight grasp on hers.

"Don't fight it, Kiana." He told her, taking one look at her before focusing ahead. She took one look behind and realised they were getting farther from his car.