RED

By Mercy198

Enrico Edoardo Vos, the CEO of the fast growing wine company, EDOARDO VINEYARDS, a ladies man was unfortunate... More

My little talk. : )
Prologue
1. Lilac
Lilac (part 2)
2. Rosemary
Rosemary (part 2)
3. Anemone
Anemone (part 2)
4. Bluebell
Bluebell (part 2)
5. Apple Blossom
Apple Blossom (part 2)
6. Forget-Me-Not
Forget-Me-Not (part 2)
7. Heather
Heather (part 2)
8. Iris
Iris (part 2)
9. Daffodil
Daffodil (part 2)
10. Orange Blossom
Orange Blossom (part 2)
11. Tulips
Tulips (part 2)
12. Sunflower
Sunflower (part 2)
13. Heliotrope
Heliotrope (part 2)
14. Violet
Violet (part 2)
15. Orchid
Orchid (part 2)
16. Freesia
Freesia (part 2)
17. Ivy
Ivy (part 2)
18. Gardenia
Gardenia (part 2)
19. Myrtle
Myrtle (part 2)
20. Sweet pea
Sweet pea (part 2)
21. Poinsettia
Poinsettia (part 2)
22. Crocus
Crocus (part 2)
23. Lavender
24. Lotus
Lotus (part 2)
25. Daises
Daises (part 2)
26. Peony
Peony (part 2)
27. Queen Anne's Lace
Queen Anne's Lace (part 2)
28. Snapdragons
Snapdragons (part 2)
29. Bourvardia
Bourvardia (part 2)
30. Marigold
Marigold (part 2)
31. Pansy
Pansy (part 2)
32. Lily of the valley
Lily of the valley (part 2)

Lavender (part 2)

21.3K 1.1K 94
By Mercy198

Kiana washed her hands, then wiped them dry with a tissue paper before heading out of the restroom. So far, so good, everything seemed normal and it pleased her. She headed back to her desk, but as she drew closer, she noticed something strange on her desk. Her brows slightly furrowed in confusion and eventually, she came to a standstill in front of her desk as she stared at the fancy packaged bouquet of red roses laying on her desk. She looked left and right, all around her for any strange behaviour, but she got nothing. It made her wonder who might have left such beautiful flowers on her desk. She also thought of the possibility that someone might have left it there by mistake, so she sighted Macy and called for her attention.

"Macy, do you know who left these here?" She asked and Macy had to look away from the folder she had at hand and to the roses on Kiana's desk. Her eyes instantly lit up.

"Yeah. It was delivered about a few minutes ago." She explained.

"Delivered? By whom? Who's it from?" Kiana asked all at once, the gesture itself all too new to her. Macy shrugged her shoulders as she walked closer to Kiana's desk.

"Kiana, it was delivered by the delivery man. You weren't here so I signed on your behalf. As for whom it's from, well, we can find that out by reading this little note the secret admirer was kind enough to leave." She explained, with a simple smile on her face, before picking up the small folded card from the bouquet, one which Kiana hadn't noticed.

"Secret admirer? Card?" She asked in surprise and Macy nodded.

"Yup. So, should I read it?" Macy asked in curiosity, eyes widened in anticipation.

Right that moment, Enrico walked out of his office and her eyes shifted from Macy to Enrico. As their eyes met, he eventually came to a standstill.

"Kiana, come on. Should I read it out loud for you to hear as well? I'm really curious as to whom this secret admirer of yours might be." Macy pleaded, causing Kiana to shift her eyes back to her. She took a look at the card in Macy's hands. A memory of Enrico gifting her the wristwatch and eventually kissing, flashed through her mind. Perhaps, this was some sort of apology or reconciliation from his part. A slow but simple smile surfaced on her face. It wasn't all over after all.

Enrico couldn't help noticing the bouquet of red roses that laid on Kiana's desk, causing his brows to slightly cease up. At the mention of a secret admirer, his eyes immediately shifted back to her.

"Kiana, why are you smiling?" Macy asked, a little confused, causing Kiana to instantly look up to her. The smile that was once on her face was now gone. Immediately, she realised Enrico might have sent these flowers for some reason, she could only find out by reading that card but it was in Macy's hands. It wouldn't be nice if Macy read it and happened to find out what's going on, so she quickly snatched it from Macy's hands.

"Hey!" Macy called, disapproving of that single action.

"I'm sorry but... I'll read this later, so please go ahead and continue with your work. I'm sure you have a lot to do." Kiana stated in the best calm and modest manner she could portray, hoping she didn't hurt her feelings or sounded rude.

Macy stared at Kiana for a moment before letting out a light scoff followed by a smile.

"Kiana, it would be better you just tell me, you don't want me finding out about who your secret admirer is... Fine, okay. I'll leave." Macy stated, then walked away and before Kiana could return her gaze back to Enrico, he walked past her taking her a little by surprise.

She watched as he walked away. A light sigh escaped her lips as she wondered why Enrico wouldn't just speak directly to her. Why go through the stress of getting her these beautiful roses? Nevertheless, she was going to find out right now. Kiana opened the card and began reading.

I didn't know which were your favourites so I got you the usual red roses. I hope you like them.
From Nicolas.

Kiana's eyes widened, as she read the last words on the card.

Nicolas!?

She exclaimed in her mind, a little filled with disappointment as she looked away from the card. She took one last look at the direction Enrico had left through, then it dawned on her that she had been gravely mistaken.

Truly, she had hoped for the impossible.

* * *

Although he was presently in the middle of a conversation with the sales manager, Enrico couldn't help it as his mind wandered off. He recalled the red roses he saw on Kiana's desk and the mention of a sudden secret admirer. Although he acted like he didn't care one bit or wasn't the least bothered, he actually felt bothered. Kiana had made it clear at the interview that she was single. She was in no relationship and presently, she wasn't dating anyone, but now, there seems to be someone else interested in her. He didn't know how to react to that. In fact, he wanted to react, but then he thought about everything and where he actually stood in her life. He had no right to question her. The thought alone filled him with depression. He couldn't even have the woman whom his heart beats for by his side. He would have to get rid of his feelings as quickly as possible, if he wants to return everything back to the way they were before.

* * *

Kiana's phone rang and she shifted her eyes away from the screen of the computer and onto the phone lying on her desk. She picked it up and one look at the caller ID, her eyes slightly widened. A strange panic filled her. She looked left and right just for cautious reasons before she decided to answer the call.

"Hello." Her voice came through quite low and nearly in a whisper.

"I really hope you liked the roses." Commented the person from the other side of the call.

Kiana let out a tiresome sigh, as she lightly rubbed her temple.

"Look Nicolas, the roses were pretty, but... you really shouldn't have sent them here."

"Why? Did something happen 'cause I can come right upstairs and explain everything to your boss."

"No. No, nothing happened and you don't need to see my boss... wait, why did you say you can come right upstairs? Where are you?" She asked upon knowing exactly where he was headed, but at the same time, prayed what she was thinking wasn't what was happening.

"Oh, I should have let you know from the onset of this call. I'm downstairs, right outside the building."

"What!?" She exclaimed in surprise a little louder than earlier, as she instantly got up to her feet. A few eyes turned to her and she had to throw in a fake smile that everything was okay.

"I'm sorry, Kiana, but I felt the need to see you in person after sending the flowers. I mean, can we talk? I'll make my way up to you..."

"No! Wait right there. I'll come meet you, so don't step a foot into the building, okay?" She immediately requested, as she recalled the fact that Enrico wasn't in his office. In fact, she didn't know where he had left. No matter what the present was, the fact still remains that Nicolas bullied Enrico, who then was Tyler, almost all his years of being in the same school together. Enrico then could barely look up to him. If they were to suddenly meet, Kiana couldn't fathom how Enrico might react. She really didn't want to cause him any pain, so she was going to meet with Nicolas and make sure he never showed up around there again. She might have forgiven Nicolas, but she couldn't say the same for Enrico. Bullying itself could result in life traumatisation to its victims.

"Okay, if you say so. I'll wait for you Kiana." He assured her and those words itself set her at peace for a moment, before she disconnected the call and hastened her pace towards the elevator.

As soon as Kiana stepped into the elevator and the door shut, the door to the next elevator opened, Enrico stepped out of it alongside a few other people. He made his way towards his office and when he noticed no sign of Kiana at her seat, he stopped to take a look around yet, he couldn't sight her. His brows slightly furrowed as he thought of where she might have disappeared to. By the look of things on her desk, it was obvious she was still around somewhere. Eventually, he looked away from her desk and headed towards his office, concluding the fact that he would later on still meet her when she returned.

* * *

Kiana quickly made her way out of the building and she stood for a moment, her eyes scanning around for any sign of Nicolas. Finally, she caught sight of him standing a little close to the nicely trimmed flowers that added to the beauty of the building, but had his back faced to her, so he didn't see her. She hastened her steps towards him and finally came to a stop when she was in front of him.

A simple smile drew up on his face upon laying eyes on her.

"I know... perhaps, sending you flowers seemed a little... too early." Nicolas started and Kiana tried her best to maintain patience, whilst he spoke. Her eyes stole glances at the entrance into the building behind him.

"Yes. Yes, it does." She replied, having heard his comment. A part of her grateful that he, at least, understood that simple fact.

"Why are you here?" She asked, trying to hasten up the conversation process. She watched as he took in a silent but deep breath, while his eyes remained on her.

"I... I thought about how we always end up having a conversation on the street, out in public, so I... I came here to ask you if you would like to have dinner with me tonight."

What?

"We could discuss all there is during dinner and every misunderstanding or confusion would be cleared up." Nicolas explained, hoping that would be enough to get her to say yes, but Kiana just stared at him with a little surprise written across her face.

For a moment there, she didn't know what to say. His offer had taken her by surprise. If he wanted her forgiveness, that was no problem, but dinner... dinner was a little questionable. Nevertheless, Kiana felt she shouldn't be doing this. Talking to him alone made her feel guilty, as if she was betraying Enrico. All she could think of was what he would feel if he found out she was even speaking to him right that moment. Somehow, she would have to make Nicolas understand this wouldn't work.

"Look Nicolas..." Her words trailed away as she sighted Enrico making his way out of the building. Panic filled her.

"I accept. We'll have dinner." She hurriedly told him, as she kept stealing glances at Enrico, who made his way past the entrance.

"Really? Actually, I didn't think you'd accept quite easily. Okay, I guess I'll pick you up..."

"No, don't do that. Just text me where we'll meet and I'll be there. I really have to return to the office, so can you leave now." Kiana quickly added, hoping it was enough to get him to leave.

* * *

As Enrico made his way past the entrance and a few steps further, one slight look to his side and he caught sight of Kiana. Slowly, he came to a stop, as he realised she seemed to be talking to a man, whom he could only view his back. His brows slightly furrowed as nothing about this unknown man seemed familiar. Kiana shifted their eyes away from the man in front of her and unto him. Their eyes met and he watched as her eyes slightly widened for a moment. He watched as her lips moved, as she uttered a few words to the man in front of her, then put up a brief smile before he was on his way.

Enrico still couldn't look away, as his eyes followed the man all the way and only returned to Kiana when he was out of sight. He watched as she walked up to him.

"Are... are you going somewhere, Mr. Vos?" Kiana asked, trying to direct his attention elsewhere. She barely looked him in the eyes. Blinking continuously, as if that would control the fear that engulfed her. Enrico noticed something seemed off about her, almost as if she was hiding something. He knew her all too well. Her gestures from the past hadn't changed one bit. She still blinked a lot when she was really hiding something.

"Who was that man?" He finally asked and watched as her face went pale.

"Who?" She feigned pretence.

"The man you were talking to about a minute ago... who's he?" He repeated, a bit clearer and waited patiently for a reply from her. He noticed how she gulped down hard, looking anywhere else but into his eyes.

"Uh... oh, the man that just left. Well... he's... he's an old friend. He was in the neighbourhood so... he decided to say hello. It's nothing serious. I better head back upstairs and let you go on with where you were heading to. I'll see you later." She quickly finished up her sentence and without still looking him in the eyes, Kiana attempted to walk away.

Using his left hand, Enrico quickly took hold of her by her left wrist, causing her to immediately turn her head back to him, surprise written all over her face. Enrico looked into her eyes, nothing else was going through his mind.

"Are you telling me the truth?" He asked, much to her unexpectedness. Staring into his eyes, Kiana could feel her heart racing so loud. He was demanding the truth from her and she was contemplating letting him know of the truth. The clear look in his eyes scared her. It reminded her of the fact that Enrico might not be ready for that at the moment and besides, she was going to meet Nicolas and let him know that this wouldn't work. Friendship or anything more than that isn't going to work. She cared too much about Enrico to hurt him this way. She was going to end everything and there'll be no need for Enrico to find out about Nicolas' presence. He wouldn't have to recall the terrible memories of his past. She was going to protect him just like she did back in high school.

Slightly holding her breath and tightly grasping her skirt within her palms, into a fist, Kiana got ready to give a reply.

"Yes." She replied, her voice a little lower than earlier.

As his eyes remained on her, he slowly and silently let out a sigh of relief. Perhaps, he had his reason for feeling suspicious a few moments, ago but right now, seeing her look him in the eyes and give him the needed reply, Enrico felt better. Right that very moment, he made a decision to believe her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4M 216K 49
Paranormal Romance (Werewolf) You know that movie Jerry Maguire? It's about this sports agent who got fired for suddenly having a conscience. Anyway...
9.6M 634K 75
Yaduvanshi series #1 An Arranged Marriage Story. POWER!!!!! That's what he always wanted. He is king of a small kingdom of Madhya Pradesh but his pow...
2.5K 129 13
The Doctor and Clara Oswald are forever changed when they rescue an orphan girl off the mean streets of London, a girl with secrets and a twisted pas...