RED

By Mercy198

Enrico Edoardo Vos, the CEO of the fast growing wine company, EDOARDO VINEYARDS, a ladies man was unfortunate... More

My little talk. : )
Prologue
1. Lilac
Lilac (part 2)
2. Rosemary
Rosemary (part 2)
3. Anemone
Anemone (part 2)
4. Bluebell
Bluebell (part 2)
5. Apple Blossom
Apple Blossom (part 2)
6. Forget-Me-Not
Forget-Me-Not (part 2)
7. Heather
Heather (part 2)
8. Iris
Iris (part 2)
9. Daffodil
Daffodil (part 2)
10. Orange Blossom
Orange Blossom (part 2)
11. Tulips
Tulips (part 2)
12. Sunflower
Sunflower (part 2)
13. Heliotrope
Heliotrope (part 2)
14. Violet
Violet (part 2)
15. Orchid
Orchid (part 2)
16. Freesia
Freesia (part 2)
17. Ivy
Ivy (part 2)
18. Gardenia
Gardenia (part 2)
19. Myrtle
Myrtle (part 2)
20. Sweet pea
Sweet pea (part 2)
Poinsettia (part 2)
22. Crocus
Crocus (part 2)
23. Lavender
Lavender (part 2)
24. Lotus
Lotus (part 2)
25. Daises
Daises (part 2)
26. Peony
Peony (part 2)
27. Queen Anne's Lace
Queen Anne's Lace (part 2)
28. Snapdragons
Snapdragons (part 2)
29. Bourvardia
Bourvardia (part 2)
30. Marigold
Marigold (part 2)
31. Pansy
Pansy (part 2)
32. Lily of the valley
Lily of the valley (part 2)

21. Poinsettia

20.9K 1.1K 24
By Mercy198

When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable.
by Jess C. Scott

They stepped out of the restaurant one after the other, chatting as they went on.

"Kiana." Nicolas called, as he rushed out through the door in order to catch up with her. They all stopped upon hearing his voice. They turned to take a look and that's when he walked up to them. They each took a look at Kiana with an amusing smile on their faces. Kiana barely looked their way, uninterested in their facial expression. She took in a silent deep breath, as she watched him walk up to them and finally stop in front of her.

"Can I speak to you for a minute?" He asked and while Kiana killed time in giving a reply, Macy made the decision to save it instead.

"We'll meet you at the office, Kiana." She proclaimed and Kiana gave her a serious look. The look that read 'don't-leave-me-here', but Macy played the game of pretence. She gave a broad smile to both Kiana and Nicolas before walking away with the two other women.

Kiana cursed within her as she was left to face Nicolas. For some reason, she wasn't feeling very good about speaking to Nicolas. The first time they met once again, she truly believed it was a one-time thing, but for him to turn out to be the chef, who works at the restaurant Macy chose to drag her along to, she didn't know what to make out of the situation anymore.

Slightly looking up to Nicolas, she gave a brief smile.

"So... you're a chef." She stated the obvious, which clearly was a conversation starter for her. If they were going to talk, they best get on with it already.

He nodded with a smile on his face.

"I know, it's really not what anyone who knew me would expect."

"Perhaps, but I'm not saying it's a bad job. Actually, the food tasted really good." She added, hoping it would cover her earlier comment. She hadn't meant to sound like being a chef wasn't a great work.

"Really?" He asked with a simple smile on his face, while his eyes rested on her. Kiana took in another deep breath.

"Yeah." She replied.

"Great. I've been told most women find a man who can cook quite sexy, so perhaps that's why I'm here." He quoted before letting out a light chuckle, hoping it amused her as well, but she barely steadied her smile.

Nicolas noticed the discomfort on her face, in her eyes before she slightly looked away. He let out a light sigh.

"Kiana... I know and I understand what we had in our past makes you uncomfortable seeing me here in the present." He started and she had to lift her eyes back up to him.

"But that's it... That was the past and the person in front of you is a new Nicolas... it was never my desire to have troubled you the way I did. It's just that... you always got in the way between Tyler and I, so I kind of hurt you as well. I'm sorry and I sincerely hope you can find a place in your heart to forgive me." He stated much to her surprise. She stared at him for a while, before looking down away from his face.

"Wow." She commented in a sigh, before raising her eyes back up to him.

"I... Honestly, I really wasn't expecting this. I mean, I didn't even think our paths would ever cross again, but then it did so... like you said, it's all in the past. I've never held a grudge against you. Sure, you were annoying, a jerk, a great bully..." She quoted, but had to stop upon seeing the discomfort on his face. She knew she had to ditch the description phase.

"... but I don't hold anything against you. I think I've forgiven you. I mean everyone deserves a second chance." She concluded and a slow but sure broad smile surfaced on his face.

He let out a breath he had no idea he had been holding in.

"Thank you." He quickly proclaimed as he unexpectedly engulfed her in an embrace. Kiana's eyes slightly widened in surprise, her hands remained by her side. She then blinked several times, her present state too uncomfortable for her. She debated on what action to quickly take, but her mind was working quite slow in cooking up her next action. Thankfully, Nicolas drew away, the look in his eyes, the apologetic slash discomfort expression on his face telling her he understood he went a little ahead of himself.

"I'm sorry." He managed to apologise, a little embarrassed for letting his emotions run him. Kiana put up a brief smile, appreciative of the fact that he created a space once more between them.

They stood quietly for a moment, just awkward briefing smiles at each other. Neither knew what next step to really take. Kiana knew somehow, she would have to get away.

"I... I have to get going. Sorry, lunch hours are almost over." She told him whilst she attempted to turn away. Nicolas quickly took hold of her hand to stop her from walking away. As she turned her head back to him, he then took his hand away from hers.

"One last thing Kiana." He told her and she had to properly turn back to him.

She watched him stretch out a hand to her.

"Can I have your phone?" He asked, a little to her surprise.

"My phone?" She asked, her brows slightly furrowed in confusion.

"Yes, your phone. Don't worry, I'm not going to do anything bad with it. Trust me." He told her and after a moment of hesitation, Kiana handed it over to him and watched as he worked on it. He, then, reached for his phone within his pocket. As he stared at the screen, a smile surfaced on his face. He turned her phone to her, so she could see the screen.

"I just dialled my number using your phone. Now, I have your number and you have mine, so please don't be alarmed when you receive a message from me, okay?" He told her before portraying a broader smile, then handing her phone back to her. She managed to nod and portray a smile as she collected the phone from her.

She saved the number using his name before looking up to him.

"Saved." She told him and he nodded in accordance.

"Saved as well." He told her regarding her number on his phone and she gave a nod in understanding.

"Uh, I'll have to get going now."

"I'll walk you back." He quickly stated, much to her surprise.

"Oh no, you really don't have to. I'm pretty sure they need you back in the kitchen and all. Besides, the office is just a few blocks away. I can manage."

"Yeah and I'm sure the restaurant can manage without the boss for a few minutes." He told her, as he took a step or two to stand by her side. She stared at him, eyes slightly widened.

"Boss? You own the place?" She asked, a little taken aback.

"Yup. Did I forget to mention that? Perhaps, I did. Can't really recall." He told her, the look on his face was a bit modest.

Wow.

Kiana exclaimed within her mind as she stared at him. Almost everyone from her past seemed to have turned out quite successful. Enrico, Nicolas. She wouldn't deny the fact that it got her thinking about her life. She barely had her own place. Without saying a word more, she shifted her eyes away from him and began walking ahead with him tagging along by her side.

"So... the company you work at, what exactly do they do?" Nicolas asked, wanting to get their conversation going.

"Um... Wine. We deal with wine production." Kiana managed to give a reply outside of her sudden silence state. She didn't want him noticing a thing.

"Wine... that's great."

"Uh-huh." Kiana commented, without looking up to him.

* * *

There was a knock on the door and Enrico requested the person to walk right in, which eventually happened as the door knob turns and Sofia walks in, gently shutting the door behind her afterwards. Enrico raised his eyes away from the work at hand and that's when he caught sight of her approaching his desk. He let out a silent sigh. Her presence there couldn't possibly be a good one. His mum had come by his home the other day and he made her believe both he and Kiana were in a relationship. She had left without a word, but he knew his mother better than that. She always sent his aunt whenever she couldn't get through to him. Now, Sofia was there. Enrico watched as she calmly took her seat in front of his desk. A simple smile played on her lips.

"The expression on your face tells me you know my reason for being here today." She stated, eyes fixated on him. Enrico stared for a moment before he relaxed on his seat. A scoff escaped his lips.

"Mum sent you."

"Your mother is worried. I'm worried, Enrico." Sofia quickly added.

"Enrico, there's a reason the past is called the past. The past cannot clash with the present. It would mean utter destruction... I hope you do understand what I'm trying to say." She told him, her eyes fixated on him and after what seemed like moments of silence, she let out a sigh. Enrico looked away from her.

"Lunch hours are almost over. I'll take my leave." She stated whilst she got up to her feet. After one last smile at him, she turned away.

"The past." Enrico voiced out, enough for her to hold onto the thought of walking away. He shifted his eyes back to her. Now staring at her back, he had no idea where this new found audacity within him came from.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 25.5K 37
*Originally My Vampire Mafia Aranged Marriage* Melanie Giomatti just turned 18, and what's her present? An arranged marriage to Dimitri Giordano a we...
4.7M 160K 32
I was a werewolf without a wolf. But I developed an ability to heal wounds and injuries. My mother said the Goddess had given me this skill in place...
25K 835 46
Title: 奶糖罐里的宝贝[星际] Author:未未不知眠 Status: Completed Description: Unable to refuse the family marriage, Fu Qiyan reluctantly married the young prince Zh...
12.3M 353K 47
UNDER MAJOR EDITING AND REVISION. CHANGES TO THE STORY LINE IS PROBABLE. "You are going to listen and do as I say-" she cuts him off, "You do not ow...