Lucifer's weakness (Lucifer's...

By asgards_librarian

Lucifer is used to doing what he wants, when he wants. He never like responsibility. Until he has it thrust u... More

The Devil's a Dad
Who Killed Emily
Doctor Linda Martin
Bipolar
Piano lessons
Uncle Amenadiel
The Florist
Poison
Help Me Brother
Disappointing Child
Memories
Back from hell
Do you want me?
Something Wrong
What day is it?
May 15th
M'Not Drunk
Bloody Hell Lauren
Nightmares
The Morning After
Murderer See, Murderer Do
A Night To Forget
The Deciding Battle
Back From Hell (Again)
Drug Deals & Mob Bosses
New Plan
Escape
Just Kidding The Story Continues
What If God Was One Of Us
Family Dinner
Car Crash
Grand Theft Auto
Once a Criminal, Always a Criminal
Seventeen
Retirement Party
Vandalism Isn't Technically a Crime
The Clock Is Ticking
Crash Bang Boom
Like a Good Boy
Sinister
He Deserves This
Oblivion

The Final Chapter

1.3K 53 23
By asgards_librarian

Fresh air hit my lungs before the natural light filled my vision. The sound of retching could be heard and I looked over to Trixie who had just thrown up from the jump. Layla stood off to a side, hands on her knees, bent over trying not to pass out.

"Is everyone okay?" Layla nods without words and Trixie gives me a thumbs up.

"I didn't... Know you could... Do that." Layla states in between breaths. She looks up and gives a small, comforting smile. Gunshots can be heard in the distance. Not pistols, machine guns. The police are here. The three of us rush over closer to the warehouse where Chloe, Dan, and Lucifer are with a squad of policemen with guns. Silas and his gang or firing back. I can see from here that the drug boss has a remote of sorts. As soon as I realise what it is, I grab Trixie and Layla and duck for cover as he pushes a button and the warehouse explodes.

***

Lucifer's POV

The firing squad attacks the warehouse. Our plan is to get the people out of the warehouse so that we can get the girls out. I was mad at Lauren when I found out that she had gone to get Trixie herself but when she went missing for two days, I had gotten worried. From behind an old truck, I see the man who was ordering the others around. This must be Silas. The man Lauren told us about. He had a remote control in his hand. Chloe saw it too. Our eyes connected and she screamed out

"Everybody get down!" The lowest level of the building exploded. The rest of it came down to the ground. Everything inside was reduced to rubble and ash. Including...

"TRIXIE!" Chloe and Dan ran towards the pile of rubble and smoke. I was frozen to the spot.

"Lauren?" I said her name so quiet I wasn't even sure I had said it allowed.

"Yeah?" I whipped around to face her. She had a giant grin on her face. Layla and Trixie were behind her. I grabbed her in a hug and held her tightly.

"Am I allowed to breath?" She gave a muffled laugh and I let her go.

"Oh my God Trixie?!" the detective rushed past us with Dan and collapsed to the floor with Trixie In her arms.

"Trixie let's them hug her." I complain to Lauren and she laughs. I turn to Layla who is staring at me with wide eyes.

"Layla your staring." Lauren's words snap her out of her trance and she smiles at my daughter while still catching little glances of uncertainty.

"Is she alright?" I ask Lauren.

"Yeah. I had to tell her who you were to try and escape. She's taking it remarkably well." I nod. She certainly was.

"How exactly did you escape?" I let go of the hug and sit down on a rock next to her.

"Oh, I made a lock pick with a bed spring then teleported us all out of there." I noticed her grunt in pain but she brushed it off so quickly I decided not to take it further.

"Lauren." The detective calls her over. When she stands up, I notice a part of her shirt is dyed a rich red.

"Lauren!" She turns to face me and follows my gaze to her shirt and looks genuinely astonished by the growing stain.

"Shit." Layla rushes over at the scene and pressed a hand to the wound and guided her to sit down.

"The gun. I thought we missed it." Layla's words broke when she spoke.

"Gun? What gun?" Chloe had noticed the events by now and called over a medic.

"Ugh, when we teleported, Silas had a gun pointed at us and he fired it when we jumped. I thought the pain was from teleporting three people at once so I ignored it." I just shook my head as she was wrapped up in a bandage and moved to an ambulance. "This is stupid. I don't need a hospital."

"Lauren you were shot." She just rolls her eyes.

"Don't worry Mr. Morningstar. I'll go with her and keep her safe." Layla gave me a reassuring smile and climbed into the back of the vehicle. And just as the doors closed, I saw her give Lauren a kiss. I knew it.

***

Lauren's POV

Layla pulled away with a smirk. My aching pain suddenly forgotten

"I should do that more often." I didn't disagree.

The trip to the hospital went smoothly except for one road bump with jolted the ambulance. I grabbed Layla's hand when pain hit my side and she didn't let go. She rested her head next to mine and wrapped her arm over my torso, gently stroking my arm.

***

The door to the ambulance swung open and the stretcher was pulled out it fell to the ground and I winched at the pain. The blood was seeping through the bandage and Layla glanced at it nervously.

"Its fine. You're going to be okay." I didn't know if she was trying to convince me or herself but I managed to give her one last kiss before they dragged me inside to theatre.

***

Lucifer's POV

When Chloe's car pulled into the hospital, I basically jumped out before it had come to a full halt. Layla was outside the theatre room waiting while the doctors operate on Lauren and she filled us in

"It missed her lungs but it was unclear where exactly it hit. They're trying to remove the bullet and seal any fatal wounding now." I nod and take a seat. Chloe sits next time and puts an arm around my shoulder.

An hour later, the surgeon comes out and the three of us stand for whatever news he had.

"It was a difficult procedure. We had to maneuver around her organs to reach it. Thankfully the bullet managed to miss everything important by some miracle." I breathed a sigh on relief. "It truly is astonishing by how lucky she is. Someone up there must be on her side or something."

Yeah. Maybe he was. It had been a while but my emotional state swayed my judgement and I silently thanked Dad. He must have had something to do with it. Lauren should be dead but she wasn't.

"It was a definitely a 50/50 chance for her survival, but we made it through and she is going to be okay." Those words came out at a rush and my face lifted. Chloe wrapped her arms around me and my relief flooded through me. Layla collapsed in her chair and gave a relieved laugh. She was going to be okay.

***

Lauren's POV

Familiar white colors welcomed me back to the land of the living. This was so old now. Imagine that. Being sick and tired of continuously waking up in a hospital that it no longer seems important or weird. A warm touch on my hand made me look over at those gorgeous green eyes and shiny dark hair.

"Hey."

"Hey."

"Yeah hi, I'm here too." I look over at Lucifer and smile.

"Hi Dad." His face lit up and we walked over, roughing up my hair. I ducked away laughing. At least some things were normal.

"How are you kiddo?" I just shrug.

"Pretty good, all things considered." He gives a low chuckle and swipes a finger across my cheek before leaving the room. Layla helped me sit up and brushed the hair from my head. "What happened with Silas?

"We procured most of his men, but a handful, including him, managed to get away. But it's nothing to worry about. They'll catch him."

"So. We saved the day did we?" I give a tired smile. Layla lifts herself in the the bed facing me. I lean forward and rest my head on her shoulder and she slowly brushed my hair with her fingers. 

"Weird question, but will you go on a date with me?" I look up at her question. And her shy grin drops. "Sorry, I just thought-" I silence her with a kiss. I hold my face to hers and just kiss her.

"Of course I will you idiot." She grins and grabs my face with both hands and presses her lips on mine. "Ow Ow Ow, just got shot." She leans back with a regretful face.

"I'm sorry. I totally forgot."

***

Sometime in the future

"LAUREN NOO!!!" Layla screamed out and ran to Lauren's side. "No, please, get up. Don't do this to me, I can't do this alone."

"Layla you are so dramatic." Layla turns to the voice.

"How could you. She was your daughter."

"For the love of- Layla it's paintball. I didn't bloody kill her." Lucifer smirks. Layla turns to her girlfriend of four years and helps her to stand.

"Are you alright Babe?" Lauren nods but grunts before falling to one knee. "Lauren! What's wrong?" Lauren holds her side before pulling out a small box. "Oh my God."

"Yeah I'm sure he'll be invited. If you say yes." Lauren adjusts herself and opens the box to reveal an emerald green jewel on a silver ring. "Layla Avery Kingsley. I love you. Since the moment I met you, I couldn't take my eyes off you. You accept me for everything I was, and everything I am. Without you, I am not complete. The last two years have been the best years of my life. Will you let me do the honors, of making you my wife?" Layla stands there with her hand over her mouth, tears welling up in her eyes.

" Lauren- I-... Yes! Yes one hundred time yes!" Lauren let's go of the breath she was holding and slips the gorgeous ring on Layla's finger before standing up and kissing her fiancé. "I love you Lauren Morningstar."

Lucifer and Chloe stand off to a side, Chloe clutching his arm. Lauren had let them in on her plans so they expected this. Lauren and Layla hugged.

"I love you too."

Later on that evening, Lauren and Lucifer walked down the beach side by side.

"So, engaged. " Lauren could not stop grinning if she tried.

"Yeah. Cool huh?"

"Do I get to walk you down the aisle and give you away?" They stop walking and Lauren turns to her father.

"Of course. I wouldn't dream anyone else doing it." Lucifer pulls her in for a hug.

"Thank you for being my daughter." He whispers.

"I wouldn't have it any other way."

"You know, I don't think I've ever had as much trouble as you give me." Lauren responds with a giggle. "But I would still do anything for you. You truly are the Devil's weakness."

T H E   E N D

A/N: Ugh finally. The book is finished. I had more ideas for this and had hints for them along the way but I thought I would end it here as I have so many other stories in mind. Thank you everyone who has supported me throughout the book. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Please let me know what you thought in the comments and remember to vote for every chapter as it means so much to me with every reaction. Thank you Lucifer_on_netflix for the idea on the ending, and thank you to Lucifer_on_netflix and RavensWing97 for your support through the entire book. I honestly don't know what I would do without you. I hope this ending was satisfactory enough and I wish everyone reading a good day, and seeing as it's nearly New Years, happy new year for 2021!

Ta ta for now my lovelies

P.S Note 13/02/2021: I'm tempted to write a second book, either taking place after this or the time before the engagement, what do you think? Please let me know in the comments

P.S Note 25/04/2021: I just reached 10k reads!!! Thank you so much to my readers who have come this far with me! I love you all so much and you have seriously just made me incredibly happy!!! Actually I'm really proud you put up with my book for this long but I am so glad you did 😘😘😘 mwah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.7K 1.4K 17
Series 1 of lucifers sister series: Many people think that the devil is responsible for all their sins, the one who tempts them into doing the wrong...
1.8K 63 10
At first, Chloe thinks the worst part of the breakup is the effect it has on Trixie. Then she thinks it's the lonely ache that curls through her ches...
51K 1.1K 38
From the Fox to Netflix series 'Lucifer' The devil himself was given a daughter, Lucy. He truly loved her. He'd done anything to protect her. but t...
142K 3.4K 24
"LUCI!" A voice shouted causing Lucifer aka the Devil himself to choke on his drink. "Bloody hell," Lucifer says turning around to face his baby sis...