Being a Haddock~ ON HOLD & Un...

By SweetDeevil

Sapphire Haddock is just an ordinary teenager but she has a twin sister, a father who works away from home an... More

Chapter 1 Meet Sapphire Haddock
Chapter 2 Shopping
Chapter 3 A usual Monday at school
Chapter 4 Girl Time
Chapter 5 Not the Best start to the Weekend
Chapter 6 News
Chapter 7 Moving Training and Alone time
Chapter 8 Island Trip
Chapter 9 Odd Surroundings
Chapter 10 My life Explained
Chapter 12 Train Ride and New Friends
Chapter 13 The Hat and the Houses
Chapter 14 News
A/N Please Read!!
Chapter 15 The truth
A/N Please read!
Being a Haddock on Hold?!
A/N Please Read~ Very important!!

Chapter 11 letters and owls

19 2 3
By SweetDeevil

Sapphire

I rode out and stopped just at the end of the forest and turned to face Eleanor. The one thing that was running through my mind was how am I supposed to keep this a secret. I soon starting thinking something else when Eleanor spoke up.

"Oh no" She muttered under her breath.

I looked back at my house and saw several cars in my drive, all belonging to friends and family. Oh no. They must all be looking for me, how am I supposed to cover up my tracks now.

"Eleanor how hours where we are your place?" I asked and she looked at me.

"About 3 or 4 hours because after we had our little talk we had to go and get something for the school term that starts soon remember" She reminded me and it all started to become clear.

"No wonder practically everyone I know is at my house they must all be looking for me" I said quietly and Eleanor hummed in agreement.

"Look you just head inside I'll use a spell to get all your school things up to your room and under your bed" She suggested and I nodded before starting to walk towards my house and into the stables.

I dismounted and led Cher Ami into her stable where I started to get nervous about what mom would think about me just disappearing like this. Personally I could care less what dad thought though, because let's be honest you dis my best friends you lose me.

I walked out of the stables, closing the door behind me and heading inside through the back door. I walked inside only to walk right into Mom and Summer's arms.

"Sapphire do you know how worried we were after you had run off?!" Mom scolded into my ear.

"We had just hoped that you hadn't gotten yourself seriously hurt or killed!" She continued and then I felt like a little ringing in my ears, reminding me of all my new school books and robes that Eleanor had magically put under my bed.

I pulled out of mom and Summer's arm before attempting to rush quickly upstairs but dad's voice stopped me.

"Sapph?" I barely turn to look at him. In fact I could barely see him out of the corner of my eye.

I let out a quiet um to ask him what he wanted but in reality was just going to continue upstairs and into my bedroom not caring what her had to say.

"Can we please talk alone?" He asked and I sighed before slightly turning my head more towards him.

"I don't think there's anything we need to talk about" I said coldly before continuing my way to my bedroom.

I walked down the hall and opened my bedroom door when I came to it. I headed inside, closing the door behind me before looking under my bed almost right after I had close the door. I looked under and saw the big box with all my stuff in it but I also saw something else.

I looked to my left and saw a set of white draws built into my bed. I then saw something in the box glow a faint white colour. I moved my robe out the way and saw an old fashioned envelope inside with my name and address on it, written in some sort of ink in cursive writing.

Sapphire Haddock

36 Bushwalk drive

I turned over the envelope and saw a purple wax seal sealing it. It also had some kind of writing and a picture on the wax but I couldn't make out exactly what it was. I decided to lock my bedroom door to ensure that no one walks in while I am reading this because knowing my sister she will read it and then want to show mom and dad. I have to keep my powers hidden just like Eleanor said and that's what I am going to do.

I sat back down on my bed and gently pulled the wax seal from the envelope, creating access to the letter inside. I pulled the letter out, which was folded in half to fit snugly inside the envelope. I unfolded the letter and whispered it outloud to myself just incase anyone was down the hall.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF
WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY

Dear Mrs Haddock,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on 1 December. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress

I grinned widely as I folded the letter back up and placed it back inside the envelope. I then saw something coming towards my bedroom window. I looked and saw some kind of bird in the distance. I rushed to my window and lifted it opened just in time from the bird, which appeared to be an owl fly into my bed and land on my bed.

I then was a little confused at what an owl was doing out during the day time but then I looked over at the window and rethought that since it's dusk it might be just dark enough for them to come out. Mind you though I am now involved in a magical world so I wouldn't be surprised if owls do fly around during the day.

I then noticed that it had a letter in its beak. I walked over to my bed and sat down next to the owl before it dropped the letter in my lap. Smart bird.

"Oh thank you" I said quietly to it before opening the new letter which once again had a purple wax seal sealing it.

Dear Sapphire,

You've probably received your acceptance into hogwarts letter and was thinking about sending it back to hogwarts But 1 you don't have an owl and 2 don't bother I have already done it for you.

Oh also I would like you to meet Sydney my owl she will help the both of us get letter to and from school since you might not want an owl.

If you have any questions just use Sydney to get a letter to me, she knows where to go.

Regards

Eleanor

I folded the letter back up and gently ran my fingers through Sydney's brown feathers on her neck. I then had a thought run through my head. I unfolded the letter back up looked at both the font and type of ink, wondering if they use pen or some kind of magic to write the letters.

Sydney looked at me as if she was waiting for me to give her something to send back to Eleanor. That must be their job then as owls to deliver mail back and forth for students and teachers.

"I don't need to send anything back thanks Sydney you should get back to Eleanor before she starts to worry about you" I said and she nodded like a human before flying out the window.

I quickly got up close the window after watching her fly into the distance I closed the window and sat back down on my bed. I started taking out my robes and books and slipped them into the draws under the bed.

I closed all the draws back up before deciding to to sit on the chair right by the windowsill. I sat down and looked over the forest of trees or at least tried to even though it was all trees for as far as the I can see. Although I knew what was really out there it still had me wondering.

What was really out there beyond all the magic?

🎤🎤🎤🎤

I had been up in my room all night even though my sister had knocked and asked me if I wanted dinner from outside the door I still didn't answer. I really needed to be alone right now to figure out how to get my life in order since I couldn't really tell anyone why I was leaving or if I would be coming back.

I was currently reading The standard book of spells by Miranda Goshawk. I wanted to at least read over a few of the book in my draw before I got to the school and started learning. I also needed to take my mind off everything that's happened today. I'm trying to limit the amount of stress so I don't have a panic attack and pass out because that would just draw attention to myself and that's the last thing I wanted right now.

I then heard a knock at the door but I barely flinched or jumped. I look up at the door making sure it was still close so no one could walk in.

"Sapph I know you're in there and I know you can here me I just wanted to tell you that mom has left some left overs in the fridge for you in case you get hungry during the night" I heard Summer's voice come from the other side of the door but I still didn't answer her.

"And just know that whatever has happened over the past few weeks that I'm here for you and you can tell me anything" She added.

Sorry Sum this time I just cant tell you what's going on, I wish I could though. I waited a few moments to see if she would say anything else but there was no noise nor movement. She must've gone to bed and I presume that mom and dad have done the same.

I decided to take the risk and venture downstairs to grab a drink. I didn't get want food I seemed to have lost my appetite for now and don't want to eat. I got up from my place on the windowsill, slowly but quietly opened the door and crept downstairs to grabbed my drink of water. I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen where I saw a note on the kitchen counter;

There are leftovers of curry in the fridge if you get hungry during the night and wander down stairs for food.

Mom xx

I didn't even take two looks at the note before turning my nose up at food. Like I said earlier I wasn't hungry then and I'm still not hungry now. I just proceeded into grabbing my cup of water and swiftly headed back up to my room before anyone saw me.

I entered my room and locked the door back up before taking my seat back over at the windowsill and continuing reading my school book.

"There are many ways to pass through locked doors in the magical world (see the Fire-Making Spell, Gouging Spell, and the Reductor Curse) where you wish to enter or depart discreetly, however, the Unlocking Charm is your best friend." I read out quietly to myself before yawning. I should probably get to sleep now it's really late.

I picked my book up from it's place on my windowsill and slipped it back on the draw before sliding into my bedcovers and taking my glasses off.

I laid down and closed my eyes thinking about how different my life would be after I started learning magic. I also thought about how different my family's life will be one I'm gone. I mean they don't need a freak as I daughter and they won't miss me and neither will I or will I?

🎤🎤🎤🎤

Hi guys sorry for the late update I've been working lately but I will try to update when I can I have a lot planned for this book though so I hope you enjoy it. And I'm really sorry if their were some spacing issues my laptop was being anoying.

Let me know what you though so far I need need to know.

Thanks for reading.

Luv ya guys

Tia 💋💋💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

673K 33.8K 61
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
148K 5K 100
'How I obsessively adore you' ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ started➛30/03/2024 finished➛ ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ cover by me x
430K 26K 85
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
470K 31.7K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...