Mahogany Desires

By book_worm_

Mr. tall dark and handsome Jason Mills was always particular when it came to women that he associated himself... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 26

14.9K 334 35
By book_worm_

         JASON FELT THE wind rush out of his lungs as he was suddenly knocked to the ground by another body. Realizing that he missed his target, an angry growl escaped his throat as he started to struggle against the person that tackled him to the ground. “Get off me!”

“Calm the hell down!”

It was Carter and that little fact angered him even more. “What the fuck are you doing?! Let me shoot that son of a bitch!”

“No!”

“You’re on his side?!”

“No!” Carter barked again as he struggled to get the gun out of Jason’s tight grip. “I’m not on his side and you know it!”

“Then why the hell did you stop me from shooting that motherf-?!”

“Because you’re not a goddamn killer!” Carter shot back but before he could register that Jason’s hand had slipped passed his own, the butt of the gun slammed against the side of his forehead causing him to veer back and roll to the ground where he landed next to his angry friend. The side of his head was now bleeding as an excruciating pain took over. “This is what I get for saving your ass?” Carter bit out. “I should’ve let that bullet go right through your fucking chest!”

“Saved my ass from what?” Jason asked gruffly as he pulled himself up on his feet. The only person Carter saved tonight was Mason.

“Take a look around.”

Jason blinked and did just that. The first thing he noticed was the noise. His blood pressure had finally calmed down enough for his ear drums to start functioning properly again and what he heard wasn’t very good. There were people – mostly girls who they considered to be leeches—screaming and running passed him to the safety of their cars.

But two separate scenes were what really had him doing a double take. One was of Eddie on the floor with a handgun next to him, a bloody shoulder and a couple of their crew mates surrounding him AND Tabitha with a… gun?

Confused, Jason turned to Carter who had finally gotten off the floor. “Why d-”

“You held up a gun in front of a guy who had his whole crew behind him. They don’t like you and that was the only reason that they needed to take you out. Eddie pulled out his gun first and Tabitha pulled hers out second. You missed, Eddie missed but Tabs didn’t.”

“I only missed because of you.” Jason retorted darkly.

“Yeah. And Eddie only missed because of her.” Carter growled out as he pointed to Tabitha. “You’re mad. I get it. But think about shit before you do them!”

Jason frowned and said nothing. Instead he took a look behind him and met his brother’s angry and disapproving gaze. He’d screwed up.

                Machayla had no idea what just happened but she was scared shitless. One minute she was being man handled by Mason and in the next she was yanked away from him and thrown to the ground by Jason. There, she watched as the guy that she was caught making out with earlier come close to shooting her abusive fiancé.  But thanks to Tabitha and Carter, he missed. She should’ve been happy that they did get in the middle of Jason’s rage but honestly, they should’ve just let him kill the bastard.

Not because she couldn’t conjure up any empathy for im if he did die but because Jason was now number one on Mason’s hit list. There was no doubt it and that definitely didn’t settle well with her. Machayla was starting to have some sort of feeling for this guy and that meant that seeing him hurt was going to break her heart.

With that thought, she tuned back into reality and finally realized how hectic everything was. She was standing close to Jason’s friends who at the moment were frozen to their spot. Jason and his brother was having a silent communication which only consists of them gazing harshly at one another, Carter was holding the side of his head as a trail of blood ran down his face, Eddie was groaning in pain from his bullet wound, Tabitha had finally lowered her gun but was still sporting a dangerous frown and Mason was …simply smirking. The nerves of him! Her hatred for him went up about five notches at that moment.

Taking a much needed breath, she turned to look behind her at the wrecked car and muttered a curse under her breath. This man was going to die he doesn’t get help quick! Her nurse instincts finally kicked in as she quickly made a bee line towards the victim that seemed to be bleeding even more now than when the supposed accident happened. Now the blood was dripping from the side of his head and creating a dark pool on the rain soaked pavement. They had to get him to a hospital, ASAP!

Forgetting about where she was and the types of people she was around Machayla pulled out her phone and dialed 911. She was not about to let someone die because of Mason, not if she could help it!

Drake’s gaze stayed on his little brother for a few seconds longer before he turned to Tabitha. “Put that shit away!” He commanded. She didn’t put up any argument which he was grateful for.

She tucked her gun back into her boots and faced him. “You’re not going to ask?”

Drake shrugged. Of course he wanted to know why she still carried a gun around even after leaving Boston but he had more important things to worry about. “We have other things to worry about.” He answered and swiftly turned towards his friend and crewmate who was trapped in the trashed car.

He was shocked, to say the least when he saw Mason’s girl trying her best to stop the bleeding the best she could through the dented and crumpled car.

Brandon was alive—Drake hoped— but unconscious and losing too much blood. They had to get him out of that car and to a hospital quick but how the hell were they going to do that without getting caught for illegal racing?! Calling for help would mean that they would have to leave Brandon on the highway by himself and there was no way in hell that they were going to do that.

Pulling his shirt over his head, Drake went to join Machayla in an effort to save Brandon. When he came close to her, she jumped a bit and became weary of him but once he gave her a small grateful smile, she nodded her head in understanding and continued take care of Brandon’s lifeless body.

In that moment, Machayla earned Drake’s respect.

Seconds later, the rest of the guys joined in. It was great that everyone was trying their best to help but they needed professionals to save their friend. How they were going get them was the issue that plagued all but one mind.

                Mason, Jason noticed, was standing in the same damn spot that he was in before he pointed the barrel of the gun at his forehead. He didn’t move a muscle and still had that annoying smirk plastered on his face while staring directly at Jason. It irked him that the guy had not one inkling of insecurity even when his life was being threatened.

Looking around the group of people crouched around Eddie, Jason frown deepened in worry. “Where is she?!” He asked Carter with a sudden dread crawling up his spine. He had expected to see Machayla next to Eddie because she was a nurse after all but she wasn’t there.

Seconds went by and he still didn’t get a reply. He turned to look beside him but Carter was nowhere in sight. Jason had an idea of where he and probably Machayla were but refused to set his eyes on that particular scene again. If he did, not even God almighty himself would be able to stop him from killing that smirking bastard.

Clenching and unclenching his fists he took a few steps towards Mason and his scowled deepened – if that was even possible. “You got lucky tonight.”

“Did I?” Mason asked while cocking his head to the side. “I bet there’s still a couple more rounds in there. Go ahead and take another shot.”

He wanted to. He really wanted to and for a brief second, the idea of putting a bullet through that son of a bitch’s head became very appealing to Jason but one look towards Mason’s lackies and he knew that this was going to be a set up. He wouldn’t leave US-27 walking or even alive. Deciding to leave his revenge towards Mason for another day, he put his gun on safety and tucked it into the back of his jeans.

His smirk turned into a shit eating grin. “Good choi-” He was suddenly cut off by a loud siren from about a mile or two away.

Jason’s sense went on high alert. ‘The police!’

“Shit! Who called the feds?!” Someone yelled as the rest of the crowd that was still roaming around started to panic. Everyone began to scatter like roaches. Cars were zooming pass Jason at top speed as they made their way off the freeway.

“That’s my cue.” Mason said to Jason as he turned to his crew. “Somebody grab that good-for-nothing punk and lets go!” He commanded.

Jason watched them clear way as the sirens got closer but still refused to turn towards his own friends. Honestly, he was afraid of what images awaited him. He couldn’t, wouldn’t come to terms about how his best buddy could possibly be dead.

“Jason!” A hand landed on his shoulder and forced him to turn around. It was Victor. Why wasn’t he as angry as Jason was? After all, Brandon was… is his cousin. “We gotta go man!”

“But Brandon is still-”

“We have to leave him! If we stay, we’ll get caught.” Victor quickly said.

“I’m not leaving him on the goddamn road by himself!” Jason growled out. What type of person would he be if he agreed to leave a man bleeding to death on the road? Especially one of his closest friends.

“Alright.” Victor muttered tightly. “Have fun behind bars.” Jason watched him turn on his heels and jog over to the others. “Let’s go! Tabs, you head out with… Machayla right?” Victor asked her.

“Kayla is less of a mouth full.” She answered with a nod.

“Right.” Victor nodded back then continued to speak like the man that he claimed to be family with wasn’t trapped in a wrecked car. “You guys go ahead and I’ll follow. Jason’s staying.”

His last sentence caught everyone’s attention and eight set of curious eyes landed on Jason. By now, every other crew but theirs was gone and US-27 suddenly looked isolated.

“You’re doing what?!” It was Drake’s angry voice that sounded off into the tragic night but Jason didn’t even flinch.

“I’m staying.” His voice left no room for an argument but Drake pushed anyways.

“No the hell you’re not!” Drake snapped. “I will drag you if I ha-” His words were cut off when he found himself staring at the end of a gun barrel; his baby brother, the handler.

“I’m. Staying.” Jason bit out. Drake smirked, which in turn resulted in another cord being struck within Jason. “Wipe that smirk off your face!”

“Somebody’s a bit trigger happy tonight. Fine, two could play at this game.” And just as quickly as he’d pull out his gun; his big brother did the same. Now both brothers were standing at gun point. Green eyes clashed with green eyes as they stared each other down. Meanwhile the blaring sounds of the police sirens rung out into the eventful night.

“I’m going to ask you one last time.” Drake snarled. “Lets go Jason.”

He couldn’t believe his friends and his brothers. Why would they want to leave Brandon out here by himself?! Jason knew that having his own brother at gun point was a bit irrational but at the moment his mind was still fogged up and his nerves were still on edge. He wanted to punch something!

“I’m not go-” He started but was cut off.

“I’ll stay.” Another eight set of eyes turned on Machayla.

“No!” Jason exclaimed. He dropped his gun, tucked it onto his waist band and marched towards her with a purposeful stride. “You’re going with him.” A part of him wondered why Mason left her but he’d figure that later. For now, he had to get her away from everything. She didn’t belong in this world of guns, drugs and illegal racing.

Her pretty face contort into a frown. “I’m staying.” She answered stubbornly. “Somebody needs to stay with him and since I’m a qualified nurse, I think it should be me. After all, I am the one who called for help.” She finished off.

Everyone’s eyes bulged the second they heard her and either groaned or muttered an insult. She visibly gulped. The stubbornness in her suddenly dissipated due to the accusing looks that Jason’s friends were giving her. He on the other hand, was just plain grateful that she’d try to help his friend. It was more than what the rest of them were doing.

“Oh come on!” He heard his brother mutter while raking a hand through his dark hair. It was a sure sign that he was frustrated.

“Back off Drake!” Jason snapped. “She’s trying to help.”

“Whatever!” He retorted.

Her eyes switched from him to his brother before speaking. “… There’s no point in wasting time getting mad at me. They are less than forty five seconds away.” She announced a bit timidly.

“Shit!” Jason muttered. At this point, he had no choice. If he stayed he was going to prison for sure, if he left he’d feel guilty about abandoning his best friend and he damn sure wasn’t going to leave Kayla by herself. They would start questioning her and if her story wasn’t believable, she was going to be in trouble. Big time.

God damnit! He had no choice. “Let’s go!” He finally decided. “All of us!”

Forcing himself to take a quick glance at the horrid scene, Jason muttered a curse and latched onto Machayla’s hand before dragging her over to the drifter where he and all his friends sped off in the opposite direction of where the sirens were coming from.

Ten seconds later, an ambulance and three cop cars showed up to the scene. “I think we have a goner.” Lieutenant Aiden Parks radioed over to his dispatcher with a heavy sigh.

-------------

I know its short but i plan on uploading a new chpter quick. I just wanted to put something out there

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 3.3K 33
Mature | Erotica | Smut ***COMPLETED*** African American design wiz Kerstin London knows all about success. She has transformed herself from an 'unwa...
137K 3.2K 13
It all started when she first saw him on her way to college as a teenager. Although she didn't know about his past, she fell for him deeply. He also...
948 78 27
Macha has lived her life selflessly, she dedicated her life to helping people in need and only valued money as something to help her help others but...
19K 1K 23
****HE WHO STOLE MY FIRST KISS IS AN INTERRACIAL STORY!!! If you do not like interracial romances then please spare me the rude comments. Thank you.*...