WITCH ; Mattheo Riddle ( rewr...

By cherrynewt

This is a rewrite of my original WITCH. Same concept and the same story, just re-wrote a lot better than befo... More

Authors Note;
Cast List;
one;
three;
four;
five;
six;
seven;

two;

53K 1.1K 6.3K
By cherrynewt

Classes had already begun for us. It was always hard to get back into after a long summer, but it was nice to get back into a normal routine. I walked out of Trewlawney's classroom feeling like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

She seemed to be a lovely woman, but most of the time, all she wanted to know about was our tea leaves and everything to do with our future.

Cedric and I didn't share a lot of classes. We only had one but even then we were split on opposite sides of the room. It doesn't bother us as we try and make up the time as much as we can.

Right now, I had no clue where he was. Normally, he would be at quidditch practice on the playing field so I wouldn't worry too much. He spends much of his time when he's not with me on the field even if there isn't a practice. He likes to make sure he's in top shape for his games.

The walk back from class to the Slytherin common room wasn't too far and was calming to just take in the school surroundings once again. I spoke the weekly password and made my way inside to which I was followed by a few other fellow slytherins.

"There you are," Lily said as she made her way towards me. The other Slytherins that trailed behind me slipped beside us to make their way to whatever they were going to do. "Where have you been?" she questioned.

I raised my eyebrows and crossed my arms against my chest. "What do you mean? I just got out of class," I replied.

She let out a sigh and made her way towards an empty sofa close to the sparking green fire that was lit in the grand fireplace.

"What did you need me for?" I asked, trailing behind her. She shook her head and sat down. "Nothing. I was just curious. I thought you would be with Cedric or something like that," she answered as I took a seat beside her, craning my body slightly to face her.

I knew Cedric would be at Quidditch practice, or should be anyway. I never questioned him as there were only three places he would be. With me, quidditch or in his common room.

"No. I was coming straight here as he's at quidditch practice," I replied.

She gave me a soft nod and looked ahead at the fire, watching it spark out slightly. "I'll be out with someone tonight, so I won't be in our dorm room," she spoke up but kept her eyes tamed to the fireplace.

I creaked a smirk, knowing exactly what she meant. "Who's the lucky guy?" I cocked. Her eyes craned back over to mine and rolled them playfully. "Come on! Is he cute? Is he our age?" I shot out.

She let a laugh slip and shook her head. "He's in the year below," she replied.

"Seriously!" I shrieked.

She shushed me and placed a hand over my mouth, but uncovered quickly. "Draco his name is. One of the only cute Slytherin boys the year below has," she spoke, peering around slightly to make sure no one was looking.

I wasn't entirely surprised, as she was the type to do so but even then getting with Draco is a very low blow. He's a massive fuckboy and everyone knows it.

I groaned, throwing my head back on the sofa. She had slept with a lot of the year seven boys already so it was perfect for the both of them, but it meant she was stuck on the year below now.

"Seriously? Draco?" I lifted my head back up, furrowing my eyebrows.

She smirked and shook her head again. "Yes, Draco," she stood up, flattening her skirt. "And before you argue with me... I'll see you tomorrow morning," she finished.

"Tomorrow morning!" I shrieked, watching her leave the area and winked at me. "Use protection!" I shouted out, receiving her middle finger as a response. She left the common room and kept me on the sofa.

Draco shared the same common room as us seeing as we were all in Slytherin, but they were most likely meeting up somewhere more discreet and waiting till mostly everyone had gone to sleep before returning.

It's the Lily thing to do.

I sighed and let out a heavy breath, fiddling with my fingers in my lap. I bent down and grabbed a book from my bag, hopefully finding a way to pass the time so I could sleep soon.

Not all Slytherins liked to read books. There was a rare few who did; myself being one of them, but it was just peaceful every once in a while.

"Seat taken?" A heavy voice spoke from above me. I lifted my head to speak, but my face dropped when I realised who was standing above me.

The son of the infamous killer. Mattheo Riddle.

My face dropped, swallowing hard. "Nope. It's all yours," I choked out, dropping my head to read my book again.

I couldn't read the words on the page though knowing he was next to me. All the words jumbled together and I was just scanning random words and not taking anything in. I tried not to lift my eyes to look at him as much as he sat down beside me, his arm resting on the back frame of the sofa. He held a book in his hand and read it carefully.

Something about him was so fascinating for some reason, and my thoughts were all on him. So many questions I could ask, but nothing would ever be able to come out.

My eyes perked up to the side, noticing a strand of his hair hanging loosely across his forehead. The rest of his hair was lightly gelled back, but that one strand must've fallen out.

I examined the rest of his features now that we were so close.

His hair was darker than I saw before in the great hall and covered with voluminous curls. More cuts came into vision that were upon his nose and forehead from what could be from previous fights in his past life. I tried to avert from his face but they couldn't budge. I was took fascinated by the person he was, and how much he looked like his father.

"It's rude to stare, you know," he spoke, keeping his eyes on his book.

I snapped my eyes forward and tried to look as if I was always reading my book, even if the words were more jumbled than before.

"I wasn't staring," I mumbled back. My heart raced like I had run a marathon in the past five minutes. He slammed his book, making me jump slightly.

He shuffled his body, leaning forward and craning his neck towards me. I couldn't help my look up at him, worry filling my eyes. "I wouldn't lie. It's not good to lie about things," he groused slightly.

You could notice the stern look from a mile away, with a vein starting to pop out on his neck that his shirt didn't cover. I was staring at him like I had no clue what was going on, though I was taken back more than I was before. He was speaking to me out of everyone else, yet I made him angry by doing the simplest thing.

Mattheo scoffed, rolling his tongue across his inner cheek. He placed his book on the coffee table in front of us and stood up, keeping my eyes following his eyes to wherever he was going.

He walked towards the fireplace slowly. "I didn't take you as a girl who lied about things. You didn't seem like that type," he muttered as he watched the fire intently. My mouth was dry, unable to let any sentences that wanted to escape. All I could do was watch him.

My fingers gripped the edge of my book tightly, pressing it into my chest further and further without even realising it. He bent down towards the fire, closing his eyes for a second to feel the heat rise. "I also never took you as a girl to never respond to who's speaking to you," he cocked, opening his eyes again.

I gulped. His hand slipped off his knee and lifted it towards the fire, holding it above the flame.

Watching his back flex in the crouched position he was in sent heartbeats around my body. My wrists. My head. My ears. Everywhere. It felt like my entire body was vibrating over the one position.

The common room was silent. More than ever before. I quickly lifted my head behind me and peered around to see who was around, but everyone had left. It was just the both of us, alone.

"There's no one else here," he spoke.

His words made me jump, allowing the book to fall off my lap and land with a heavy thump. His body faced me now, standing tall with his hands tucked deep into his trouser pockets.

I had never heard him move. His body crept up with no sounds leaving his movements. "I may be the son of a killer, but there is no reason for you to be scared. I'm not here to hurt you," he said, walking towards me.

My eyes remained attached to his movements, watching him sink back into the seat beside me again. He rested his feet on the coffee table and crossed his ankles together.

"I think I'm going to go," I whispered, bending down to pick up the book I had dropped. I knew I shouldn't be alone with him and should've left when he arrived, but something about him kept me seated, and I wanted to find out more.

He sighed and picked up his original book. "Go ahead. I'm not going to stop you," he groaned deeply. His eyes fixated on the words of his previous page, not bothering to look at me again.

I quickly picked up my bag and left the seated area with my book gripped tightly in my hands. There was that strange feeling of him watching my every move like I had done with him. It made me feel unsafe and all I wanted to do was be away from him.

Mattheo felt dangerous. Talking to him was probably a bad decision and something worse could come from it.

I took long strides out of the common room and down the hall towards the girl's side of the dorm rooms. My body paused and rested against the wall, holding my chest tightly as my heart beat fast.

There was no reason for me to be so out of breath, but I couldn't help it when he was right beside me the whole time and speaking towards my face. He seemed annoyed at me, but I couldn't quite put my finger on how exactly he was feeling.

I struggled to open the door to our dorm, fiddling with the handle with such pressure. The room felt so empty without Lily with him, and part of me knew that if she never left to go meet up with Draco, then Mattheo and I would never have had the conversation.

If only she wasn't so thirsty for sex, I would never have gotten into this situation.

I loosened my robe and placed it over the chair of my desk, along with my tie. My whole body was still shaking with all the thoughts running around in my brain. One encounter with Mattheo and he had already made my body tremble with a few words.

He had so much power within him, that no wonder everyone was petrified of him. I had so many questions to ask him, yet I couldn't face getting the words out in case something worse came from it.

I tried to sleep off the worries in the hope that nothing bad would follow. A few days starting back at school for my last year and I was already stepping on thin ice.

My body stirred in my light sleep, only to be woken up by Lily herself.

"Shit! Sorry!" she whispered as she stumbled over something beside the door. I groaned and rolled over, keeping my back faced towards her.

She turned on the bathroom light, letting the burning brightness hurt my eyes. "Lily do you fucking mind?!" I shouted, peering over from my pillow.

Her body turned around and looked over at my restless body, laying with my cheek pressed against my pillow. Her hair was more messed up than before, and her clothes were sluggishly thrown on.

I couldn't help but laugh slightly as I lifted my head to sit up against my headboard, letting the light sink into my eyes. I wouldn't be able to sleep again until she was ready to, so best to just wait with her.

"I'm sorry for waking you. I forgot my shoes were placed there," she said, placing some toothpaste on her toothbrush and starting to brush her teeth.

"It's fine. How was your night?" I asked, yawning loudly and placing a hand over my mouth to cover it.

She continued to brush her teeth before spitting it out in the sink. "Honestly, it was amazing. I probably wouldn't do it again, but it was still worth the experience," she replied, turning off the bathroom light and turning her bedside lamp on to be able to see what she was doing.

I could see she was smiling widely, her teeth showing and everything. Her smile was so beautiful and so was her whole self in general.

She took off her uniform, placed it on her desk and pulled on some pyjamas. "What about yours? What did you do?" she asked as she climbed into her bed beside mine.

I knew I couldn't mention Mattheo, as it wasn't something she needed to hear. Nothing happened anyway, just a silly encounter that wouldn't happen again.

"Nothing much. I just came in here, studied then went to sleep," I lied, playing with my fingers.

She chuckled slightly. "Sounds boring without me."

I replied with a small laugh, to which it faded through the rest of the silence as she settled into the sheets. "Goodnight, Elora," she mumbled.

My tongue rolled around my teeth, thinking deeply about the evening. I couldn't shake it out of my mind, no matter how hard I tried. "Goodnight," I said back, sinking back into my bed, eyes widened with thoughts.

There was no chance I was going to be able to sleep soon. Not with Mattheo running laps in my head.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 189 24
In her fifth year, Y/N Granger meets the new guy Mattheo Riddle. They get to know eachother and get closer and closer to eachother. Everything seems...
654K 8.9K 46
She got her heart broken by none other than Draco Malfoy during the beginning of her fifth year. Will Mattheo Riddle piece it back together or break...
42.7K 839 32
"...Draco?" Her voice was like a bell, pleasant, but alarming- waking me up from my state of shock. My eyes fly open and my heart beats rapidly. Her...
77.7K 1.3K 36
[DISCONTINUED] I wrote this when I was like 13 i'm so sorry :) Y/n Malfoy has wanted to become a student her whole life. When she finally manages to...