A Little Fate (LokixReader) {...

By DontTellAuntieTasha

Most people dream about coming face to face with the Avengers. But you just happened to be short on luck that... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
A/N
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
A/N
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
A/N
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
A/N
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
A/N

Chapter Four

9.6K 332 80
By DontTellAuntieTasha

*A/N: I love the gif! "and these are smaller agents" - tony stark*

(P.S. Most of this chapter was revised at 3 AM, so it will probably be receiving some extra editing later. But the plot will remain the same.)

(Loki's pov)

There was an alarm. At two in the morning. This was not how Loki had imagined waking up. Nonetheless, he teleported himself to the meeting room, dressing in battle armor along the way. At best, he could get away with the defenestration of Stark, yet again.

"Stark, if this is another test run, I'm gonna-" Clint shouted as he entered, but was cut off, as he stared at the video in the center of the room. There was the girl, Y/N L/N, the one they've been tracking, standing in their elevator.

"What's going on Tony?" the Captain said.

"Well, we have ourselves an intruder. She was on her way to steal some cheek swabs until I stopped her. I mean seriously, there's better things to steal here than Q-tips." He joked, typing something on his 'tablet'.

"Do you actually know what she's here to steal?" Natasha asked, as she watched you with the others.

"Should we be considering how she even got in the tower?"

"We need to up our security. It should not be that easy to get in."

Loki watched the screen carefully. You didn't seem to be a burglar. Yet alone one that could escape the same mortals who defeated him a year ago.

Suddenly, the elevator jerked to a stop. You sigh, glancing around the room.

"Why did it stop?" Clint asked to the general audience.

"I stopped it. Now we have time to catch her again." Tony intervened. 

But before Tony could continue his plan, you leaned forward, and popped open a control panel. After you pushed a few buttons, the elevator started yet again. Tony stared, jaw-dropped, as well as the others.

Even Loki was impressed. You weren't a normal mortal. Not normal indeed.

You sat back up, leaning against the wall. You closed your eyes yet again. That was... strange. You almost seemed to be...

"Tony, exactly what floor is she going to?" Natasha asked, catching on.

"The medical center?"

Everyone suddenly had the same click.

"Someone get to the med floor. We need to keep her alive." The captain said, as most of them were already at the door. They wouldn't get there in time the doors opened. Only one thing might work.

Loki watched the screen as the doors opened, and you started to stumble out. But barely into your third step, you started tipping-

Before he even considered his actions, Loki teleported to catch you. He didn't know why. He just had to. It was his instinct.

You laid limp in his arms, your Y/E/C eyes staring up at him, as you slipped out of consciousness.

He had to do something. That much was sure. He quickly teleported to a healing ward, as the team finally caught up with him.

*

(Your Pov)

You finally came to, laying on a hospital bed. You were right, it was a hospital. Or, at least somewhere with a really good doctor. A great doctor, you noted, as you found that you had been completely healed; your hand as well. And recharged with power, as it seemed. Someone with a lot of energy helped you. But who? And more importantly, how long were you out for?

You look around the room to see if there was any indication of time. A clock, a watch, a window to see the sun. Anything really.

Before the question of time was answered, the door opened as two people came in. Hawkeye and the Black Widow. Just your luck. You were in the Avengers Tower! Thanks universe.

Both of the visitors had light bags under their eyes, but held faces of pure determination. Apparently you'd been their entertainment of the evening.

You quickly glance above their heads to read their secrets. You're nearly put into shock at Black Widow's, but manage to mask it in time. Hopefully.

"Who are you?" She asked, her hands on her hips.

"Guess."

"I'm not in the mood for games."

"Who said you're playing?"

"Just answer the question."

You look between the two of them, and make your decision. "You won't like my answer."

"Try me." Widow said.

"Not you, him." You gestured to Hawkeye. If this were a friendly conversation, you'd be overjoyed to have met them; and probably much more polite. But this wasn't a friendly conversation. "His secret is too big to share."

"I have no secrets."

"Well then, I guess the name 'Laura Barton' doesn't mean anything to you. Or 'Li-"

"NO! No." he clenched his fists, thinking everything over. He never had wanted to put them in danger. And now you knew. "I uh- I need to go." He left the room, leaving you with the Black Widow. Her expression was a mix between, 'I'm going to kill you', and 'why would you ever do that'.

"Where did you get that information?" She sneered.

"I didn't. Don't worry, I'm the only one who knows."

"How. Did. You. Know."

"Would you believe me if I said I read his diary?"

She glared at you. Apparently this wasn't the time for jokes. Even nearly literal ones.

"Ok, sorry. I have an ability to read all secrets of any given person. Usually, I don't go peeking, unless this type of thing happens." You give her a smile. If your trick worked, the blame was just shifted from you to her, labeling you as an innocent.

She grit her teeth, and left you. You heard the door lock. Great. Trapped in a hospital room in the Avengers tower. How could this possibly get worse?

*

(Avengers pov)

"What happened in there?" Tony said, as Natasha exited the ward.

"She can read secrets." was all the explanation she gave, as she ran off to find Clint. He had stormed out of the room a few minutes before.

"Great. Does anyone not have life threatening secrets that can't be exposed?"

Everyone was silent. Of course everyone had to have emotional secrets over the events in their life. There was one option though... the only option. But he needed time to get there anyway.

"I'll do it." Bruce said.

"You sure that's a good idea?" Steve said.

Tony looked up from his phone. He was texting the new recruit, but it seemed he wouldn't be able to make it. Something about a field trip. "You're kind of, like, the worst option."

"I agree with Stark. Surely I am the better option!" Thor shouted, while he stood from his chair.

"Look, at worst, the big guy comes out. At best... we might have a new team member."

"Team member?"

"Look at her skills! Tell me that wouldn't be helpful."

"She does have quite the resume."

"I'll go." All four of them turned to the quiet brooding Asgardian in the corner.

"Brother, I do not think that wise." Thor tried to intercept his sibling. "She will know everything about you."

"I am aware. And I accept that possibility." He said, "But you do realize I can block her from my mind?"

Thor pondered a minute. "Alright. But be careful brother."

"Alright, you're up Reindeer games. Just, don't kill her."

"I never would harm a lady." He said as he entered.

*

(Your pov)

You look up as someone new enters. You've never seen them before, but he seemed familiar all the same. With his wild dark mane, cold posture, and two bright green eyes.

"And who are you?"

"I am Loki, prince of Asgard, and the god of mischief, lies, and stories." He said, "And who might you be, Lady..."

"Y/N. My name is y/n." You say, feeling a sense of trust around him. But he was the god of lies, so you had to be careful. But he just seemed so... nice. Nice enough to ignore the secrets above his head. You were getting good at ignoring all the bright labels in your life.

"Well, Lady y/n, might I ask how you managed to give two assassins such a freight?" It slipped off his silver tongue.

It was a trick. This was simply a... fancier, interrogation. He was still asking the same questions as everyone else!

Your expression hardened, as you faced him. "I don't have to answer any of your questions! You're just like the others. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be leaving now, and we won't ever have to see each other again." 

Yes, you were being snappy, but desperate times called for desperate actions. Being trapped in the Avengers Tower being interrogated by Loki definitely falls into that category. And ok, so maybe you had peeked a little bit at his secrets. But it was just enough for his preferences, like how he preferred to be left alone. No harm in that.

"I warn you Lady, you do not want me as your enemy-"

"And you don't want to be mine. Now, I'm leaving, and I much rather not have to hurt you."

"You dare!" He said, grabbing your bare arm so you would stay. "I am a god, mortal! You cannot start to imagine the great lengths of my wrath! I am above you-" He was cut off when he was suddenly in pain, as if you were draining his magic. How in the nine realms- no mortal should be able- 

"So you were the doctor. That makes no sense." You shake your head, as you feel his power flooding through you. The same energy you felt when you had woken up. You feel his magic brim at your fingertips, as he's drained. 

You hadn't wanted to drain him. It was entirely his fault this happened. But still, you couldn't just let him die either. You quickly unlatch his hand from your arm, muttering a quick chance of him passing out but surviving, and walk out the door.

You follow the arrows, sprinting, trying to get out before they realize what happened. He'd be fine. He said he was Asgardian. Thor was one too, right? Surely Loki would be fine. No need to worry...

You reach the now unlocked doors of the lobby, and rush outside, just as the tower went into lock down. Perfect timing. You wouldn't be trapped there anymore at least.

You continue speeding after the arrows, only glancing up to avoid obstacles, until you reach your apartment. You quickly close the door behind you, as Leo peeks up from the couch. You glance at the microwave clock in the kitchen. 

9:00 AM

How long were you gone for? Seven hours? Plus whatever time from the robbery itself would be... Nine hours! Ugh! You'd left Leo for nine hours straight!

You make sure the door is securely locked, before heading to join Leo on the couch. As always, he curls tightly in your lap, purring ridiculously loudly. You smile to yourself. He was so cute!

Tonight you'd have to run another heist. You hated to, but it was better than an actual job. But that was a problem for later. Right now, you simply focused on calming your nerves, and making sure Leo enjoyed your company. You could worry about the Avengers, and Loki, later.

(Note: I know this is longer than most my other chapters, so please go ahead to tell me which you like better. The rest of the book should be a mix of the two, but I'd love to hear your opinion!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 65.5K 57
'You are my Valkyrie. And I would follow you across the nine realms and into eternity.' Tortured by HYDRA and liberated by S.H.I.E.L.D, you join the...
67.7K 1.5K 19
ABUSE, VIOLENCE, TORTURE, GORE, SA(R too), DV tbh Honestly, I don't recommend this book to people, but people like it and think I should keep it. So...
9.3K 331 84
My MCU Book 1 *Books can be read alone or all together* 𝘞𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘴: 33,196 Almost everyone knows how the events in the MCU went down, right? Lots of...
382K 13.9K 40
Cassidy Martin didn't ask for any of this, and she doesn't want it. Her powers came to her by an accident, a fluke, and now they're threatening to r...