I Won't Leave You (Toph Beifo...

Por Buddy_Waterfalls

You are a student of Professor Zei's class at Ba Sing Se University who is content living under the nose of t... Mais

What Labels in the Story Mean
The Library
The Desert
The Serpent's Pass
The Drill
City of Walls and Secrets
Tales Of Ba Sing Se
Lake Laogai
The Earth King
The Crossroads of Destiny
Preview: The Puppet Master
Take the Ship
The Awakening
The Headband
Sokka's Master
The Beach / The Runaway
The Puppetmaster
The Day of Black Sun Part 2
The Western Air Temple
The Firebending Masters
The Southern Raiders
The Ember Island Players
Loss
Sozin's Comet part 1
Sozin's Comet part 2
Sozin's Comet part 3

The Day of Black Sun Part 1

828 27 14
Por Buddy_Waterfalls

(I'm not doing Nightmares and Daydreams because I physically can't watch it all the way through again without getting a migraine. Sorry.)

As Sokka goes over the plans, you sharpen your hunting blade with a stone provided by Toph. "This works really well, Toph. Thank you."

"You're welcome, Graceless."

"Today is gonna be a historic day." You grab your razor and put it to your face. "Sure you won't miss this thing?"

"Positive."

"You're so mean." You tease, before grazing your skin with the razor and starting to cut. When you're finished, you put the razor away and grab your hunting knife. With that, you cut your long, shaggy hair and toss the hair clip down onto the beach. Katara gives sokka a cup of water and Aang shows up, cheery.

"Top of the morning, Momo!"

"Well it sounds like you slept well." Katara says.

"Like a baby Moose-Lion." Aang says, "I'm ready to face the Firelord."

"So what's your strategy for taking him down?" Toph asks, "Gonna get your glow on and hit him with a little Avatar State action?"

"I can't. When Azula shot me with lightning, my seventh chakra was locked, cutting off my connection to all the cosmic energy in the universe."

"Do you know what I just heard? Blah-blah, spiritual mumbo jumbo, blah-blah, something about space." Toph mutters. You laugh and she hits you in the shoulder. Then you spot a cloud of fog in the distance.

"Oh no." Katara says, "Sokka, do you think that fog will delay with the invasion?"

"No. That is the invasion." Sokka says, looking forwards. When the ships are closer, Aang and Toph earthbend docks that the Water Tribe ships steer into, and when Hakoda gets off his ship, Katara and Sokka ambush him. You spot old friends of your own.

"No fuckin' shit. Bo?! Hui?!"

"We weren't about to let you take on the Firelord alone."

"And I got few day off from work."

"Where do you work?" You ask.

"I work in theater now."

Toph finds you, "Well, if it isn't the giant himself."

"Great see you again, Mrs. L/N." Bo greets as Hui waves.

Then Toph tenses up, "No way, is that-" She gets picked up and hugged and your jaw drops.

"Hippo happy to see Blind Bandit!"

"You guys here for a rematch?" Toph asks.

"Negatory. The Boulder and The Hippo no longer fight for others' entertainment. Now, we fight for our kingdom!"

"Sweet!" Toph exclaims.

"You're the boulder?! I used to go to all of your shows when I was younger, I am a big fan!"

"The Boulder is happy to hear that, especially from his old rival's husband."

"Old rival? Toph was a wrestler?"

"She beat The Boulder like he was nothing. Twice." The boulder says.

Hui Yin and The Hippo look each other up and down. They are a similar size, Only Hui Yin is all muscle whereas The Hippo... isn't. "Friend of Mrs. L/N is friend of mine."

"The Hippo agrees." They shake hands. Suddenly, there's an explosion. You, Aang, Hakoda and Sokka run towards the ship to hear coughing and see a kid in some sort of wheelchair roll down the ramp. An old man comes out next, followed by The Duke, Pipsqueak and Shuku.

"Was that a new invention?" Sokka asks.

"Yes. But, unfortunately, the incendiary capabilities of peanut sauce proved to be a failure."

"You're making peanut-sauce bombs?" Sokka asks, incredulously.

"They're destructive." Pipsqueak says.

"And delicious." The Duke adds.

"And messy." Shuku grumbles. Momo flies over and licks peanut sauce off of his face and the former Freedom Fighters laugh.

"Were you able to complete work on the plans I sent you?" Sokka asks the old inventor.

"Yes I was!" the old man cheers, "And I think the fire nation will be quite surprised."

"Aang, my dad and I made this for you!" The boy in the wheelchair says, handing Aang a staff. The Air Nomad whips out a glider.

"Wow, a new glider! This is amazing!"

"And as a special feature, I added a snack compartment." The man with a total of one eyebrow counting both says before demonstrating.

"Oh. Well I'm sure that'll come in handy." Aang says.

The kid rolls up to you, "We haven't met. I'm Teo."

"Y/N." You reply, shaking his hand. "And Shuku! It's great to see you again!"

Shuku scratches Momo behind the ear. "It's good to see you too. You're less scary now."

"You've lost a couple pounds, good for you."

"Yeah." He slaps his gut, "Yeah it is."

"So where'd the warship go?"

"Oh... yeah... the Fire Nation sank it." Shuku laughs nervously. "Luckily we had allies nearby with old Water Tribe ships, how's the girlfriend?"

"Toph? She's good." You say, "Speaking of which, I should get back to her. It's good to see you again."

"You too."

You walk back the way you came and meet up with Toph who is separated from the group. "Hey, Darling. What's up?"

"Just too many people. It makes me nervous."

"I get it." You say, wrapping an arm around her. "I didn't know you were in the tournaments."

"I only did them the last three years. The Boulder went to Earth National Tournaments at the time, because they were more popular. I was a good champion."

"I'll bet you were the best." You reply, leaning your head on her's, "Are you happy to be back in your Earth Kingdom clothes?"

"You don't know the half of it." Toph chuckles. Soon, Shuku, you, Toph, Katara, Aang, Hakoda and Sokka are sitting in front of the anticipated crowd. Sokka is jittery.

"Don't worry. You'll do great." Sokka's father encourages.

"It's like sword fighting, Sokka. You've just gotta focus and keep your mind on the task." Sokka gulps and takes the stage, tripping immediately and dropping everything.

"Um... as you know, today we're invading the Fire Nation. I mean, I know you know that because otherwise why else would you be here?" He nervously laughs, "Anyway," He drops his stuff again and puts up some sort of picture, "The Firelord's palace is here." He points to it as if it were a map, then he realises it isn't before flipping through the papers, "Wait, no, uh..." He finds it, "It's here! And uh... there's an eclipse today! And Aang's going to fight the Firelord, and the firebenders won't have any fire to use, so that's good for us. And um... I'm sorry, let me start from the beginning. Katara and I found Aang frozen in an iceberg, now I didn't like Aang at first, but I grew to love him over time. Then we went to the Southern Air Temple, where Aang used to live, then we met Suki, who is a Kyoshi warrior..."

"Wow, when he says the beginning, he means the beginning beginning." Katara says.

"I got this." You say, standing up.

"...and then Katara got Haru arrested, and then now he's grown a full mustache. Which if you look in the front row you'll see-"

"That's a good story, Sokka, you're doing great, allow me to... how do you say... speed shit up." Sokka walks sadly off the stage. "Alright motherfuckers, listen up! Today is the Day of Black Sun. For you swamp people, that means the moon hides the sun. You are all here for a noble cause because today we disband and unravel the tyrannical government that has enslaved, raped and pillaged millions for a hundred long, painful years and plans to continue to do so!" You look at the map, "We need to get here. This is where the Firelord lives, and to do so, we will need to work on two fronts: naval and land. To get to the Fire Nation capital, we'll face our first obstacle here." You point at the map. "The Great Gates of Azulon. Next, the land. We'll fight past the battlements and secure the Plaza Tower." You look at Hakoda who motions for you to flip the page. You oblige. "We do that, then we attack the royal palace. That's when the eclipse will happen."

"Excuse me," The Boulder raises his hand, "The Boulder is confused. Isn't the point to invade during the eclipse? When the firebenders are powerless."

Hakoda joins you on stage, "The eclipse will only last eight minutes. Not enough time for the whole invasion and the royal palace is heavily guarded by elite firebenders, so that's where we'll need the eclipse advantage the most. When this is finished, the Avatar will have defeated the Firelord. We will have control over the Fire Nation capital, and this war will be over!" The crowd cheers, even you clap. "You set 'em up, I knock 'em down."

So you start getting set up when Bo shows up in his warrior outfit, Hui Yin behind him. "They burned down Zei's house. Cheng grabbed this before they looted Zei's home." Hui Yin drops a sack on the ground you look inside of it to find B/1/N's armor. Armor that he once used to infiltrate the fire nation. It was black and red. It was sturdy and strong. Made entirely out of treated leather. "He said it was something Zei was told to give you when you turned eighteen, but he lost the note."

"Thank you." you say, grabbing the sack, "I'm gonna change."

You come back in the armor and look at them expectantly. "You look like you're about to kick some ass." Bo says.

"Good, because I am." You sling your bag across your chest and walk towards Toph. "I love your gear." You compliment.

"You're heavier."

"I got armor of my own." You reply.

She touches it, "Leather. Nice."

"Thanks, it was my brother's. I didn't even see it when I grabbed the sword."

"Don't be too hard on yourself, I didn't see it either."

You share a laugh. "Yeah, but I think there might be a reason for that." You sigh, "I love you."

"I love you too." Toph says.

When Sokka shows up, you set sail. The waterbenders try to be stealthy and use a fog cover, but the alarm goes off anyway, and a giant net rises between the three statues before it gets lit on fire. You see Sokka look on in disbelief and Hakoda calls out; "Everyone below deck!" You follow behind Toph, she grabs your hand and Sokka and Hakoda follow you two. You move into the sub and detach from the ship, moving under the gate. Inside, you sit next to Toph who looks a little queasy. You don't need your weird sixth sense to know what's gonna happen shortly. "You've really outdone yourself this time, son." Hakoda says.

"Yeah." Toph groans, "Congratulations, Sokka. You managed to invent a worse travel than flying."

"Helmet?" The Duke offers. Toph takes it, and you hold her hair out of her face as she vomits into it and you rub her back. When she's done, she slumps back and groans.

"Thank you." You say for her. Then you offer her your water flask. She takes it and chugs it down before giving it back.

"Thanks, Graceless."

"No problem, Darling."

"You two make such a cute couple." The Duke says.

"Thanks." You say as Toph slumps onto your shoulder.

"Well I just came up with the idea." Sokka replies to his father's earlier question, "The Mechanist did all the work."

"But don't sell yourself short, my boy. It was your idea to use waterbending to make the subs sink and float. Brilliant! Though your original designs were a bit difficult to decipher." He looks at a scroll probably having one of Sokka's drawings on it, "Unfortunately, there's one problem I couldn't fix. The subs have a limited air supply. Before we land on the beaches, we'll need to resurface."

"Yeah, Toph's gonna need some fresh air." You say, dropping your flask back into your bag. "You feeling better?"

"Mmhmm." Toph replies. You comb your fingers gently through her hair, in the way that you know always calm her down. "You're too good to me."

"Well I try." You reply.

The subs resurface and Katara refills your flask with drinkable water, Toph gets a chance to breathe, The Duke cleans out his helmet and you find Aang. "Damn, I just got used to seeing you with hair."

"And I got used to you having a beard. Now both of our dreams are crushed." You both laugh.

"Sure thing, Cueball." You laugh, patting him on the shoulder, "Hey, hit that fucker once for me, yeah?"

"I'll hit him twice for you."

"Atta boy." You look at Katara, "This is your chance, kid."

"Now?" Aang asks.

"No motherfucker, tomorrow. Of course now! Trust me. I'm like eighty percent sure that you should kiss her right now. Unless you want pretty boy over there to kiss her for you." Aang looks at Haru, then back to you. "He's been giving her those 'I want you' eyes all day. You gonna take that?"

"No."

"Come on, boy this ain't modest wins the race, this is acting on your emotions time, motherfucker, so if you're gonna go over there and sweep that pretty little lady off her feet, give me a hell yeah!"

"Hell yeah!"

"That's the shit I'm looking for, fucking confidence!"

"Don't let him fool you Twinkletoes, I did all the hard work to start our relationship. I kissed him and asked him."

"That may be true." You say, "But still, something tells me that if you don't make a move, loverboy over there will, so it's time to grow a pair of fucking stones."

"Alright." Aang nods, then takes a breath and walks towards Katara.

"Three silver coins on her rejecting him." Toph says.

"You're on."

"Everyone listen up, next time we resurface, it'll be on the beaches, stay alert and fight smart. Now break time's over, back in the subs."

"Let's kick some ass!" You call, and the small army whoops and cheers as you all climb into the submarines. You and Toph watch out of the control window as Katara and Aang talk. Then he kisses her. "Ha! I win!" Toph sighs and moves for her pocket, but you snatch her hand out of the air, close it to a fist and kiss it. "Keep it. You can get yourself a nice map of the fire nation."

She sighs humorously, "You're such an asshole."

"Yeah. I know."

Soon, you're almost in position, you feel your mouth dry and your legs weaken. "You're nervous." Toph says.

"Aren't you?"

"Yeah, but... you're never nervous."

"I don't want you to worry about me. No matter what happens."

"Everyone in position!" Hakoda calls, "Earthbenders, into your tanks, this is gonna be a rough ride." Before she runs off, you grab Toph and pull her into one last, long kiss.

She blinks, "What was that for?"

"In case I don't get to later." You whisper, "Now go. Don't die on me."

"You don't either."

"Okay." She runs off and you take a deep breath.

"Are you ready?" Hakoda asks.

You do a stretch and feel your joints crackle and pop before walking forward. "As ready as I'm getting."

You stand next to Sokka, he's shaking. "Hey. Focus on the present, what happens happens, this is it." You tell him. Sokka nods. "When we win, we'll get a hot cup of tea. My treat." The gates open. "CHARGE!!!" you shout, the army roars and runs out onto the field. Rockets fire all around you, you know that all it'll take is one good shot to take you down. You continue to push forwards as Toph, The Hippo and The Boulder all take down one battlement. Soon, the Fire Nation tanks show up. They fire all around you. You watch some people get hit, undoubtedly, some just died. The Earth Kingdom tanks aren't pushovers, however, they roll over and crush the Fire Nation tanks. When more enemy tanks flank the rear, the swamp people show their waterbending prowess, blocking fire and attacking the tanks. Soon a giant swamp monster shows up and starts to aid your fight. The next Fire Nation assault comes in the form of Komodo Rhino riders. You jump up, draw Zei's blade and slash a projectile in half.

Sokka takes one and you take another, drawing your second sword and beheading its rider. You charge into the last two rhinos with your own, taking down their riders by impaling them with your swords, leaping off at the point of impact, you stand to see Sokka riding off with his father and you spot a foot soldier running off, you sheathe a sword, grab a spear and throw it, missing your target entirely. You pick up a second and that misses him too. You curse and move towards a Fire Nation tank and hop in through the opening. With a slash across the chest, the gunner is down and a stab through the seat of the driver takes him down too. You take the wheel and drive the tank straight into another, diving out of it just before the collision, ironically, you land right in front of Toph. She stomps on the ground quickly and a pillar brings you to your feet, no questions asked. When you spot another tank, you decide to try your luck and do it a second time, but Appa beats you to it, smashing the tank with ease as Sokka jumps onto the bison's back.

"Listen up, everyone!" Sokka calls, "I want the tanks in wedge formation! Warriors and benders in the middle!" You all abide Sokka's demands, "We're taking that tower and heading for the royal palace!" Sokka takes the head, "CHARGE!!!" With that the tanks start forwards. Toph catches up to you, smirking.

"You getting tired?"

"You kidding? I could do this all day." The foot soldiers prove no match for the army as You all power through them. A truck of explosives is floored right into their wall and you charge through. Toph impales a tank and you get blasted in the chest by fire, you fall back slightly before realizing that you're fine. "Shit, this is fireproof? Well fuck me sideways in a rubber boot, people gonna die today." You charge forward and pounce on a soldier as Toph takes down another, you stab yours in the throat, spin around and cut another's head off. You soon realize that the Fire Nation is falling back. The tower is yours.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

2.4K 68 25
[UPATES WEEKLY] "I need to restore my honor. I need the Avatar. I heard that you're the best at this sort of thing." "And you heard right. I can gua...
15.4K 682 6
All was peaceful in Ba Sing Se until a certain water tribe boy applies for a job at the jasmine dragon. What's worse is that he doesn't even recognis...
622K 15.7K 20
Iroh takes in the Ba Sing Se's army general's daughter after the death of her father. She replaces the child he has lost. She is raised in the Fire N...
195K 4.5K 65
You've been a servant to the Fire Nation since you first learned how to take orders. You left with Zuko when he was banished to find the Avatar. Thr...