Who Made Me A Princess : Runa...

By -SpeedyPikachu-

a lucas x athy short story! includes lots of fluff, (some hurt/comfort), definitely a tinge of enemies to lov... More

; Important ;
runaway princess ; prologue
runaway princess ; chapter 1
runaway princess ; chapter 2
runaway princess ; chapter 3
runaway princess ; chapter 4
runaway princess ; chapter 5
runaway princess ; chapter 7
runaway princess ; chapter 8
runaway princess ; chapter 9
runaway princess ; i'm sorry :(

runaway princess ; chapter 6

535 18 11
By -SpeedyPikachu-

*:・゚✧ previously on ; runaway princess

  Changing was always a pain for her, because jt was the time she could loosen the bandages on her chest- but at the same time, she'd have to tighten them again after getting to relax for a bit. She took off the mage robe, before she saw a figure behind her through the mirror- stood rooted to the ground. "I wanted to ask you something—"

  "But it seems we have other things to talk about when you get out," his face was red, both blushing, and with sheer shock in his eyes.

  Athy knew from that moment.

  She screwed up.

Chapter 6: The flustered magician?

"You're a woman."

"I-It's not what it looks like, your grace," Athy wanted to die of embarrassment- of all people to find out, he did. Lucas the magician!

"I-It's exactly what it looks like."

  The biggest light bulb lit up above Athy's head. Wouldn't her being exposed get her kicked out of the castle? It was her perfect chance!

  "Ahem... You could report me to the chief mages," she tried not to look suspicious, looking away as if she were trying to hide something. "Yes! Do that."

  "Do you have a death wish?" The boy sighed, looking to her- his face, was still flushed in red.

  "Technically, a death wish does mean that you wish to die- I don't, so I-"

  "Really, the emperor's ruthless."

  I know.

  "As much as he's not bothered at all, this could be seen as trespassing and treason, you dummy." The more Athy looked at him, the more she'd felt a little skip in her heartbeat. Was this really the same boy? "You're not angry with me anymore?"

  "Aish, you little-"

  "You don't care about your life one bit, do you?" Lucas exclaimed. "No, not really."

  "My dad woke up one day and forgot me," she said. It was with a little disappointment in her voice. "He wanted me dead."

  "...oh," the silence fell a little. "I-I'm sorry."

  It was a little weird- an apology from this boy who seemed extremely obnoxious just moments ago. Athy stood up to her feet again, "so, what're we going to do?"

  "I don't have a choice, do I? You're already here," Lucas seemed to get back to his normal self. "Puppy."

  "Please report me."

  "Afraid you'll have to deal with it, puppy," he lifted her chin with his finger, a smug expression as he held her face. The more Athy stared into his jewelled ruby eyes, the more her face started to turn to that very colour. "D-Don't you have a girlfriend, your grace?"

"P-People might get the wrong idea."

Her sheepish awkward giggles filled the huge luxurious room. "Wait."

"Girlfriend?"

"Y-Yeah, the lady you chased me for money for," she nodded, looking away as catching her breath. "Oh- the chimera?"

Chimera?

"Pardon, your grace?"

"Jennette. She's Ijekiel's potential fiancée." Athanasia let out a gasp, a little shocked. "You're after a taken lady, your grace?" Wait. Jennette- it sounded familiar. Jennette! Jennette was the supposed daughter of Claude, the emperor. Athy's- sister? No, she remembered the tiny details of the original story. The more she remembered, the sadder it sounded. Jennette Margerita, daughter of Penelope Judith. Daughter of...

Her uncle? "By any chance... Is she the princess of-" before Athy could finish her sentence, her mouth was covered by the boy towering over her. "You can't mention the princess here!" He whispered. The more curiosity got ahead of her. Why couldn't she mention the princess? Was Lucas really together with Lady Jennette?

"Sit down. Gosh, there's so much to tell you," Lucas sat down to the floor as he patted the ground next to him. "It's your fault for choosing me," she beamed.

It was a long one- they'd talked so much, laughed a little surprisingly. It was as if they were friends, but they weren't.

"Do you know the story of the runaway princess?" Athy was having lots of fun, to her surprise, until that question struck. Her heart sank a little- she was called the runaway princess now, huh? "No, I don't." The little lie she told could've saved her some tears.

"I've never really met her, because his highness was always protective of her," he spoke with slight admiration. "But my master's- my mother used to tell me about her, when I still lived in the tower."

"She said the princess was beyond smart, she was a genius and always considerate of her subjects. I mean- I used to see her around sometimes." The way he spoke of her just warmed her face a little. It was as if-

No, don't think like that!

"But something went wrong with mana and yada yada yada, have you never heard of it?" Lucas raised an eyebrow at her as she hugged her knees to her chest, reminiscing her childhood with her father- with Lily and Felix. She wondered if she did meet Lucas back then- what would he have been like?

"Do you perhaps- have a crush on-"

"N-No," Lucas spoke. "Not anymore, at least- Why am I telling you this?" He sighed, getting up and dusting his robe. Before they'd both knew it, the sun was down. "Your grace! Your dinner has arrived!" It was ajusshi. "O-Oh, be there in a sec Ajusshi!"

"Not a single word to anyone," Lucas held out a pinky, as if he were waiting for a pinky promise. Was this boy really the royal magician? The one who she threw in a ditch. It must have been really lonely, in fact. "Not a word," she took the pinky.

"A-Anyway! Don't you have to clean the room now?" A small giggle left Athy's mouth- he was back to normal again. "Lots of work, your grace."

Maybe it wasn't going to be so bad- maybe it was going to be better for her!

  But of course, nothing really lasted forever. He was back to normal after that day, of course. 'Puppy', was her new name to him. Gosh- did he even know his name?

  For Lucas, it seemed like a hole in his heart seemed to be getting pieced a little back together. He felt a little hope- he didn't feel, lonely anymore. He didn't plan on sparing her life for free, though.

He sat in his bed, a smug smile plastering his face. "Big idiot," he scoffed, a tinge of happiness in him, at the very least.

; A/N ;
oOOH EARLIER THAN I THOUGHT! okay! i need an opinion, a really important one, so please answer! does my writing seem different? T^T i haven't been writing lately so :( but hehehe runaway princess is back!!~ i hope you enjoyed the chapter <3 i'm sorry for pushing it back for so long, i was really busy and dealing with loads of emotional things hehe <3 but thanku for waiting and still reading!! love you guys as usual and i hope you leave a comment to give your opinion on this chapter T^T thankusmm

till next friday/next next friday,
ja, matane~
-eru <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.4K 1.6K 11
What if Athanasia from "Lovely Princess" didn't die? (The original novel by Plutus and webcomic by Spoon do not belong to me. Also, please be aware...
44.1K 1.5K 22
A few years have past after Athanasia inherited the crown. Athanasia is loved and cherished by the people in the continent and the late Emperor, Clau...
17.9K 455 7
Athanasia and Lucas just had their own happily ever after when Lucas confessed to Athy on the night of her eighteen birthday upon the chiming of the...
172K 4.9K 13
Athanasia and Lucas were taking a little stroll around the palace. All of a sudden a girl bumps into them. Athanasia: Aww what a cute little girl. R...