ALIVE ༄ SUNA RINTAROU

Door outerxpce

y/n, the good friend of the miya twins, gets invited to suna rintarou's house. but what can happen when a goo... Meer

1. miss goody-two-shoes
2. icecream and to-go ramen
3. staring contest
5. rematch
6. study bud
7. friends
8. thoughts
9. lunchtime
10. set-me-up
11. you guys are dating?!
12. just another sunday
13. a misadventure
14. no words
15. even more secrets
16. the plot thickens
17. concerned friends and 'friends'

4. before the rematch

595 18 2
Door outerxpce

Y/N's POV

i was not needed at this practice, AT ALL. it was fun watching the boys get all competitive though. you could probably feel that competitive flame from a mile away.

when the practice finally ended, i went outside and waited for suna. i know that atsumu said that he wouldn't beg me to stay after again, but i'm sure he would've anyways if i stayed inside.

i watch the other guys on the team exit from the gym, waving to me as they left. seeing third years who knew of me was kinda scary, but i waved back nonetheless.

a few minutes later, suna saunters out with the inarizaki maroon jacket and grey sweatpants on. no gym bag though. he walks over and nudges me to begin walking in the same direction as him.

"wait," i stop in my steps, pulling his jacket to get him to stop too.

suna's eyes pierce mine. "what?" he asks.

"staring contest?" i mention, a little confused. where was he intending to go to?

the boy in front of me lets out a small laugh, shaking his head. "are you not available tonight?"

"hm?" i furrow my eyebrows, still befuddled. "i mean, i am. i just thought we were having a staring contest though?"

suna raises his hands, shrugging. "hey, if you just wanna have a staring contest with me and go home, fine. but, i was hoping to have some fun with miss goody-two-shoes."

i widen my eyes, feeling heat rush to my cheeks. fun? what's his definition of fun?

he claps in front of me, causing my eyes to flutter shut.

"well, i won," he says, shoving his hands in his pockets. "i can walk you home if you'd like though. the twins are staying back themselves."

huh?

"y/n?" he speaks after a few moments go by with no response from me.

"sorry uh," i shake my head, snapping out of the confused state. "no, that didn't count. show me your idea of 'fun.'"

suna gives a look of surprise, but quickly wipes it away with a smirk.

"let's go then," he instructs, walking beside me. we walk in silence, but it wasn't the awkward silence from earlier in the day.

the sky is a beautiful orange-pink, a result of the sun setting. i look up more than i look down, using my peripheral and spacial awareness to guide my steps.

we pass by people, and people pass by us. when i finally refocus on the area around us, i notice that we're near a sushi place.

"you hungry?" suna asks beside me.

"you're the one who's been running around and burning calories," i respond. if food was his idea of fun, i wasn't opposed to it.

"let's go in then," he decides, pushing the front door open. we enter the semi-busy building, which is a lot bigger than i expected. i hear game sounds coming from somewhere, but i don't see anything. it looks like a normal restaurant.

a server brings suna and i to a table and gives us each a menu. i flip through, looking at the options. i notice that suna's on his phone, not even opening the menu.

"whatcha getting?" i ask him.

his fingers move like they're typing something on his phone, and then he turns it off and puts it facedown on top of the table.

"sake temaki."

"that sounds good," i nod, looking back at the options. "california rolls..." i mutter.

"did you just say california rolls?" suna asks in a rather condescending tone.

i look up to meet the boy's eyes. "yes..."

he looks off and scoffs. "i can't believe i'm out with a girl who gets california rolls," i hear him mutter to himself.

"hey!" i retort. "california rolls are always a safe option, but i wasn't going to order it."

"you were considering it, though. i should just leave now," suna jokes, face-palming.

"shut up," i reply with a smile, going back over the menu. eventually, i decide on a dish and close it. we're just waiting on the waiter now.

my eyes wander the restaurant, trying to find the source of the arcade noises. if there was an arcade here, where was it?

as if he read my mind, suna points to a set of double-doors. "behind those doors are games," he explains. "you've never been here before?"

i shake my head.

"well, i hope you're up for some skee ball," he rests his chin on his hands and watches me with a smile. that darn smile naturally causes me to reciprocate it, but i hold it back by biting my lip.

"skee ball? i'm a pro?" i lie. suna raises an eyebrow.

"a pro she says!" he muses. i kick him softly under the table, causing him to kick me back.

we stop as the waiter finally comes, ready to take our orders.

"sake temaki please," suna says. the waiter writes it down and turns to me.

"california roll for me," i hand the waiter my menu and avoid looking at suna, who i know is just looking at me disappointedly. he kicks me lightly, trying to grab my attention.

"anything else for you two? drinks?"

"water's good," i answer.

"me too."

the waiter nods and goes to place the order.

"y/n." suna calls out, but i keep my eyes fixated on the ceiling, pretending to be intrigued by something. "y/nnnn."

i clear my throat, still ignoring him. my hands lay on the table, clasped together while my thumbs twiddled. the twiddling of my thumbs is stopped by a warm hand, which encloses around my own. i quickly look down to see the hands that belongs to suna's on mine.

my eyes widen and my heart rate steadily increases. however, i don't pull away. my hands sit calmly in suna's.

"y/n," he calls once more, finally getting me to look at him. "california rolls, really?"

i smile sheepishly. "it just- i- safe- it was calling out my name." shit, was my face red? i couldn't bring my hands to my cheeks to feel it.

suna's hands gently pries open my clasped ones, and he takes ahold of my right in the position of a thumb war.

"a goddamn california roll," he mutters, rubbing his thumb over mine. "you have small hands."

with that, i pull away and wipe my hands on my pants. i wasn't aware that they were that sweaty... gross. my eyes shut in realization that suna touched my sweaty palms, but he doesn't say anything about it.

however, he does hold a stupid boyish grin on his face.

"was it something i said?" he teases. "i wasn't kidding, look," suna raises his right hand, gesturing for me to compare mine with his. before doing so, i make sure my hands are clear of moisture and put it against his to find that my hands were indeed a lot smaller.

"whatever, i think my hands fit me." suna's fingers enclose on mine, grasping it. he acts as if he's studying our entwined fingers and lets go.

suna shrugs and sits back in his chair.

"what?"

he shrugs again. "nothing."

i narrow my eyes. "whatcha thinkin' about suna?"

an amused grin falls back on his face. "nothing, y/n. what are you thinking about?" we hold an intense stare, neither of us moving an inch.

"is this the rematch?" i ask, ignoring his question.

"if this was, then our night together would be over, wouldn't it?" he blinks, insinuating that this wasn't the rematch. "it's too soon for that."

"okay," i sit back in my chair and watch suna. he watches me. we watch each other. again. "so..."

suna's eyes dart to the left of me, making me turn around to see what he was looking at. it was the waiter with our food. i face forward again and do a subtle excited gesture. the waiter arrives and places out food before us, and asks us if we needed anything else. i shake my head as does suna and we thank him before he leaves.

i take a look at my 6 california roll pieces, licking my lips. breaking my chopsticks apart, i then grab the soysauce and pour it into the little dish with wasabi. 

"i still can't believe you actually ordered that. are you not a sushi fan?" suna asks, biting into his sake temaki.

"i don't eat out all the much," i tell him, mixing up my wasabi and soysauce before dipping in a california roll.

"too busy with school work to treat yourself?"

i give a sarcastic nod. "ha ha, very funny." suna raises his eyebrows, silently questioning me further. "i don't!" i reassure him.

"okay, okay." with that, we eat the rest of our meal in silence. there was a sort of haste to finish, but not one that was too pressuring. i think i was just excited to see what was yet to come. i mean, suna did say he didn't want the night to end too soon.

i think he felt the same way because he managed to gulf down his food quicker than me. when we both finished, he stubbornly offered to pay. with some arguing though, i managed to convince him to let me pay for myself. 

"what's next?" i ask him, sitting back in my seat. suna looks behind him and towards the arcade. he looks back at me with a look that tells me that that's what's next.

so, we get up and head for the arcade. time to win this skee ball thing.

//

author's note

hi! thank you for reading chapter 4, i appreciate the support!

please don't mind the mistakes, i feel like my writing is getting worse by the day :/// and i hope sake temaki's a thing because idk sushi all that well to be honest. however, i dont get california rolls when i do get sushi, promise.

i'm also trying to cut back on the dialogue bc there are ALOT, but if you don't mind it, maybe i'll keep it as it is. 

thank u again and see ya next chapter!

- m

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

3.8K 152 17
❝𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲, 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐥𝐨𝐰, 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝, 𝐨𝐫 𝐈...
366K 7K 21
MATURE CONTENT: READERS DISCRETION IS ADVISED Chapters: 4, 8, 12 , 15, 17, 20. Beware. You were stressed out to the point where you felt like it was...
217K 6.5K 28
{Fox AU} It's your first year in high school. You get forced to be the next Volleyball manger for Inarizaki by your older brothers. Will you survive...
11.7K 192 23
Y/N Suna is twins with Rintaro. It's her first day of being a second year at Inarizaki High and she is one of the top three-setters in Japan. After b...