𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐋 𝐀 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐎...

By _devilishEJ_

**COMPLETED** Odette Alarie live in Europe all her life until one summer when her cousin and uncle came to vi... More

Intro + Cast
Ch. 1 - TATTOO
Ch. 2 - CHAOS RISING
Ch. 3 - FIREFLIES
Ch. 4 - UNLEASHED
Ch. 5 - FRAYED
Ch. 6 - MOTEL CALIFORNIA
Ch. 7 - CURRENTS
Ch. 8 - VISIONARY
Ch. 9 - THE GIRL WHO KNEW TOO MUCH
Ch. 10 - THE OVERLOOKED
Ch. 11 - ALPHA PACT
Ch. 12 - LUNAR ECLIPSE
Intro to Season 3B
Ch. 13 - ANCHORS
Ch. 14 - MORE GOOD THAN BAD
Ch. 15 - GALVANIZED
Ch. 16 - ILLUMINATED
Ch. 17 - SILVERFINGER
Ch. 18 - RIDDLED
Ch. 19 - LETHARIA VULPINA
Ch. 20 - ECHO HOUSE
Ch. 21 - THE FOX AND THE WOLF
Ch. 22 - DE-VOID
Ch. 23 - INSATIABLE
Ch. 24 - THE DIVINE MOVE
Into to Season 4
Ch. 25 - THE DARK MOON
Ch. 26 - 117
Ch. 27 - MUTED
Ch. 28 - THE BENEFACTOR
Ch. 29 - I.E.D
Ch. 30 - ORPHANED
Ch. 31 - WEAPONIZED
Ch. 32 - TIME OF DEATH
Ch. 33 - PERISHABLE
Ch. 34 - MONSTROUS
Ch. 35 - A PROMISE TO DEATH
Ch. 35 - SMOKE AND MIRRORS
Intro to Season 5A
Ch. 36 - CREATURES OF THE NIGHT
Ch. 37 - PARASOMINA
Ch. 38 - DREAMCATCHER
Ch. 39 - CONDITION TERMINAL
Ch. 40 - A NOVEL APPROACH
Ch. 41 - REQUIRED READING
Ch. 43 - OUROBOROS
Ch. 44 - LIES OF OMISSION
Ch. 45 - STATUS ASTHMATICUS
Intro to Season 5B
Ch. 46 - THE LAST CHIMERA
Ch. 47 - DAMNATIO MEMORIAE
Ch. 48 - CODOMINANCE
Ch. 49 - THE SWORD AND THE SPIRIT
Ch. 50 - AMPLIFICATION
Ch. 51 - LIE ABILITY
Ch. 52 - A CREDIBLE THREAT
Ch. 53 - MAID OF GÉVAUDAN
Ch. 54 - THE BEAST OF BEACON HILLS
Ch. 55 - APOTHEOSIS
Intro to Season 6A
Ch. 56 - MEMORY LOST
Ch. 57 - SUPERPOSITION
Ch. 58 - SUNDOWNING
Ch. 58 - RELICS
Ch. 59 - RAIDO SILENCE
Ch. 60 - GHOSTED
Ch. 61 - HEARTLESS
Ch. 62 - BLITZKRIEG
Ch. 63 - MEMORY FOUND
Ch. 64 - RIDERS ON THE STORM
Intro to Season 6B
Ch. 65 - SAID THE SPIDER TO THE FLY
Ch. 66 - RAW TALENT
Ch. 67 - AFTER IMAGES
Ch. 68 - FACE-TO-FACELESS
Ch. 69 - PRESSURE TEST
Ch. 70 - TRIGGERS
Ch. 71 - WEREWOLVES OF LONDON
Ch. 72 - GENOTYPE
Ch. 73 - BROKEN GLASS
Ch. 74 - THE WOLVES OF WAR
Bouns Ch. #1
Bouns Ch. #2
- 𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡 𝗪𝗢𝗟𝗙: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗢𝗩𝗜𝗘 -
Ch. 75 - HAUNTED MEMORIES
Ch. 76 - NOT A GAME
Ch. 77 - THE RITUAL TO BRING HER BACK
Ch. 78 - ALLISON'S BACK... SORT OF
Ch. 79 - TAILS
Ch. 80 - ROWAN ASH
Ch. 81 - HIS WORLD AND OUR WORLD
Ch. 82 - THE WINNING MOVE
Ch. 83 - A FRIEND'S FINAL BATTLE

Ch. 42 - STRANGE FREQUENCIES

2.9K 101 61
By _devilishEJ_

Odette's outfit

Chapter Forty-Two
🎭 Strange Frequencies 🎭

Odette ran up onto the roof but slowed to a stop when she saw a body laying on the ground. "Odie-" Stiles said taking a step forward and she looked at him worriedly, "What happened?" She asked then looked at Theo. "What did you do?" She asked and Theo shook his head, "I didn't do it." He said and she just raised her eyebrows and crossed her arms over her chest making him sigh.

"Fine. I did it." Theo said making her hum and nodded, "But it's not what you think. He was attacking Stiles, he would have kill Stiles and I if I hadn't. It was self-defense." Theo said making her look over at Stiles wide eyed.

"Are you okay?" She asked as she grabbed his hands and looked him over, "I'm okay Odie. I'm fine." He said and she looked up at him and nodded slightly before looking back at the body and sighing. "No one tell Scott. Say it was a Dread Doctor, they were here earlier. He'll believe it." She said making them look at her shocked, "You think we shouldn't tell Scott?" Stiles asked and she sighed.

"I'm not sure he knows the meaning of self-defense yet."

🎭

"Do you know him?" Theo asked as they stood around the body in the animal clinic. "His name's Josh. He was a junior." Scott said and Odette sighed before pulling the sheep back over the body. "Which one did it? The one with the cane?" Scott asked making them all look at each other, "Yeah." Theo said.

"What are we going to do with him? We can't just set the alarm and leave, that's how Tracy disappeared." Stiles asked and no one answered right away, "Someone's got to stay here with him." He said and they all nodded in agreement. 

"I'll do it." Theo said making them look over at him, "It's not like I had a big Saturday night planned." Theo said and then Stiles noticed Odette's distant look making him look at her worriedly. "Odie." He said making her look at him, "What's wrong?" He asked and she sighed softly and glanced at Scott.

"That Dread Doctor from the hospital earlier, it didn't fight me. It just stared at me." She said making Stiles and Theo look at her shocked while Scott nodded, "Did you hear what it said before I went to the elevator?" She asked looking at Scott. He furrowed his brows in thought for a moment before nodding, "Élise." He said and she nodded while Stiles looked at them confused.

"Okay, the staring at you and not fighting is concerning but what does Élise mean?" He asked and she sighed softly and looked at him, "Élise is my middle name." She said making his eyes widen. "Okay... that's terrifying." He said and then Scott's phone went off making them look at him as he pulled his phone out, "What is it?" Stiles asked.

"Another one. Another Chimera."

🎭

"Hayden...? It's Scott. I know that you're scared, but we just... We want to help." Scott asked after knocking on his bathroom door, "I can hear her heart beating- she's really freaked out. What happened?" Odette asked turning to Liam. "She was okay when we got here. I went to text you for two seconds and she locked herself in."

"Why?" Stiles asked and Liam shrugged, "I don't know." He said. "She's definitely a Chimera?" Scott asked and Liam nodded, "She said she heard a voice saying "Your condition improves."" Liam said making them all glance at each other and sigh.

"Okay, that's unsettling..." Stiles said before stepping up to the door, "Hayden? This is Stiles. Your sister works for my dad down at the station? Look, just open the door. You can trust us." Stiles said but Hayden didn't say anything or open the door making him step back.

"We just need to tell you the truth, Hayden... And that kind of thing is usually better face-to-face." Scott said but yet again Hayden didn't do anything making them sigh. "Let me try." Odette said before stepping up to the door.

"Hayden, it's Odette. We'll explain everything to you but you have to come out. It's okay if you don't want to talk, or if you're not ready to believe us. But we gotta know that you're okay in there." Odette said kindly and looked back at the guys. A second later the door unlocks and opens a bit.

Odette slowly pushed it open to reveal Hayden standing there. But her eyes were glowing a bright yellow, her teeth and turned into canines and her hands where now sporting a set if claws.

"I believe you..."

🎭

"We're back to telluric currents?" Stiles asked as he, Scott and Odette stood around a map on the table in the school library. "If the Dread Doctors didn't like coming into Eichen House because of them, maybe we can use them to protect Hayden." Scott said and Odette nodded.

"Okay, so besides Eichen, where's the strongest convergence?" Stiles asked and Scott pointing at the map, "We're standing on it." Scott said making Odette raise her eyebrows at him. "You want to hide her in the high school? For how long?" She asked and he looked up at her, "If we have to... All night."

"Liam convinced Hayden not to say anything to her sister yet. She's working a double tonight, and she thinks Hayden's staying at a friend's." Scott said and Stiles squinted his eyes slightly, "But it's just a school, though, you know? It's not exactly a fortress."

"Lydia's got an idea for that. Remember how Valack quoted Tesla?" Scott asked and Odette nodded, "Frequency and vibration." She said making him look at her and nod. "She thinks he wasn't just saying that to sound smart- she thinks maybe it was a clue." Scott said.

"To do what?" Stiles asked and realization crossed over Odette's features, "To disrupt their frequency." She said and Scott nodded. "Parrish took three cell phone jammers from the station. He thinks they can broaden their range of frequency. It's a long shot, but it's the best we've got right now."

🎭

"What's going on?" Theo asked as Stiles and Odette walked into the animal clinic, Stiles walked right past him while Odette looked at Theo warily and glanced around. She could have sworn she heard him walking when they pulled up.

"Whoever's stealing the bodies probably isn't going to do it while we're standing guard over one of them." Stiles said and Theo furrowed his brows, "So you've got a better idea?" He asked and Stiles glanced around for a second. He pulled his phone out before leaning it against something on the shelf, the camera pointing directly at the body.

They walked back outside and Stiles climbed into the driver seat of the jeep while Odette and Theo walked over to the other side. Odette opened the door and gestured for Theo go climb into the back, "Are you serious?" He asked glancing at the jeep before looking back at Odette who raised her eyebrows.

"Boyfriend's jeep, girlfriend sits up front. The only other person I let sit up front is Scott. You're not Scott so get in the back seat." She said and Theo looked over at Stiles who nodded, "I would do what she says. She's the nicest out of all of us, which means she also the scariest." He said and Theo sighed before climbing into the back.

"What happens now?" Theo asked as Stiles hung his watch, that showed the camera from his phone, on the rearview mirror, "We wait." Stiles said. "You want to take shifts watching?" Theo asked and Stiles glanced back at him, "No... No, I want to spend some quality time with you." He said sarcastically and Theo nodded.

"Sounds good to me." He said making Stiles and Odette slowly look at each other. "Je peux l’assommer pour qu’il ne nous dérange pas?" She asked and Stiles sighed softly and shook his head, "Non, pas encore." He said making Theo glanced back and forth between them, deeply confused.

(Translations:
Odette - Can I knock him out so he doesn't bother us?
Stiles - No, not yet)

🎭

"You still wondering why I haven't said anything to Scott?" Theo asked and Stiles shrugged slightly, "Maybe." He said not taking his eyes off the camera. "You think I have some kind of ulterior motive?" Theo asked and Odette sighed, leaning her head back on the head rest, "More than likely." Stiles answered.

"Would you believe me if I said all I want- all I've ever wanted- is for you guys to trust me?" Theo asked and Stiles shook his head, "Nope." He said making Theo raise his eyebrows. "So, you guys are here because you're never going to trust me." He said and Stiles nodded and glanced back at him, "Yep. Glad we had this talk."

"You know who you remind me of?" Theo asked making Stiles roll his eyes, "Theo, I don't care." He said making Odette chuckle slightly. "My sister." Theo said making Odette frown slightly, "Isn't she dead?"

"She was smarter than everyone, too. And a pain in the ass like you. But she always looked out for me- the same way you look out for Scott. You know, I was the one that found her body. She'd fallen into a creek, broken her leg... They told us she would've been okay if it wasn't one of the coldest nights of the year... If it wasn't for the hypothermia. And when I found her, all I could think was that I should've known. That I should've been looking out for her."

"Why are you telling me this?" Stiles asked, "I'm telling you because even if you don't trust me, and even if you don't like me, I'm still going to be looking out for you...The way I should have been looking out for her." Theo said and Odette instantly shook her head.

"Don't even think about it, I like my boyfriend being alive."

🎭

"You know, I saw his teeth. Donovan. He was a, uh, Wendigo, wasn't he? The cannibal one?" Theo asked and Stiles and Odette nodded, "They're Native American. The myth says that if you ate human flesh, your punishment was to turn into a creature that constantly craved it." Odette explained and Stiles nodded in agreement. "That's a pretty judgmental myth." Theo said and Stiles shrugged, "Well, we didn't make it up."

"What if it was the only way to survive? I mean, you ever hear of the Donner Party? I'm pretty sure they didn't turn into Wendigos" Theo said and Stiles glanced back at him, "Well, they didn't live in Beacon Hills." He said making Theo nod.

"Good point. So, what's the punishment for killing a Chimera?" Theo asked, "You spend five hours in the car with Theo Raeken. The only good part about this is Odette. " Stiles said making Odette chuckle and glance over at him. "Like, I know what my punishment is." Stiles said as he looked down, "I'm gonna lose my best friend. I'm gonna lose Scott." He said and Odette reached over to grab his hand making him look at her and smile sadly.

"If Scott really gave up on you for some piece of crap like Donovan, then he wouldn't be a True Alpha, would he?" Theo asked and Stiles squinted his eyes, "Or maybe that's the definition of one- someone who doesn't put up with murder."

"It sounds like you guys need to look up "justifiable homicide." Theo said making Stiles raise his eyebrows at him through the rearview mirror, "Did you seriously just say that to the son of a cop?" He asked. "A Werewolf's eyes are supposed to change color when you take an innocent life." Theo said before flashing his yellow eyes, "Do these look blue to you? It was self-defense. For me and for you."

"Or maybe you just don't feel all that bad about it. You can't say one life is objectively less innocent than another one. What if they turn blue 'cause you feel guilty?" Stiles said, "So it's up to interpretation?" Theo asked and Stiles shrugged. "Yeah, maybe..." He said and Odette sighed softly and shook her head.

"Okay. Then here's my interpretation of what happened with you and Donovan- not guilty. Did you feel bad about it?" He asked making Stiles look at him like he was stupid. "Not now- I mean right then. Right when it happened. What were you thinking the moment you knew he was dead and there was no saving him?"

"One word... Good." Stiles said.

All of the sudden, Odette sat up slightly as she took a deep breath. "What is it?" Stiles asked and she glanced back at Theo, "Do you smell that?" She asked making him smell the arm. "Why does it smell like something's burning?" He asked.

All of the sudden a fist covered in fire punched Theo in the face making him hit the other side of the jeep. The door to the passenger side got ripped opened and Odette was ripped out of the car. Her body hit the ground forcefully as she heard Stiles call out to her before she slowly passed out from her head hitting the ground.

🎭

Odette woke up minutes later with a groan to see parts if the jeep upside down and on fire making her quickly get up. She ducked down and saw Stiles half out the jeep and Theo still completely inside. She sighed frustratingly before grabbing Theo by the shirt and pulling him out. Seconds later he woke up coughing as she helped him up, "Are you okay?" He asked and she nodded.

"Im fine. Go get a fire extinguisher!" She said and he nodded and ran into the clinic. Odette ran around the other side of the jeep and pulled Stiles out right as Theo ran back out. He fire extinguisher on the fire as Odette sat on the ground with Stiles's back against her chest as he coughed awake, before looking up at them as Theo turned to them.

"The body... The body's gone."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

303K 9.4K 55
** COMPLETED ** In some parts of the world, Fallon Perez is about as famous as the Hale family. With her connection to the moon, life and death and s...
426K 12.6K 69
**COMPLETED** ~ This book starts off as a Liam Dunbar book but ends as a Theo Raeken book ~ After the events of her sister's death, Willow Argent fel...
514K 21.1K 121
** COMPLETED ** It's been years since the fire that killed most of her family, but Amara Hale has been able to move on as much as she can. But it see...
86K 2.1K 29
Carmen McCall is many things & almost everyone has something to say about her. She's the younger McCall, only by a couple minutes. As alike as the M...