𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐋 𝐀 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐎...

By _devilishEJ_

**COMPLETED** Odette Alarie live in Europe all her life until one summer when her cousin and uncle came to vi... More

Intro + Cast
Ch. 1 - TATTOO
Ch. 2 - CHAOS RISING
Ch. 3 - FIREFLIES
Ch. 4 - UNLEASHED
Ch. 5 - FRAYED
Ch. 6 - MOTEL CALIFORNIA
Ch. 7 - CURRENTS
Ch. 8 - VISIONARY
Ch. 9 - THE GIRL WHO KNEW TOO MUCH
Ch. 10 - THE OVERLOOKED
Ch. 11 - ALPHA PACT
Ch. 12 - LUNAR ECLIPSE
Intro to Season 3B
Ch. 13 - ANCHORS
Ch. 14 - MORE GOOD THAN BAD
Ch. 15 - GALVANIZED
Ch. 16 - ILLUMINATED
Ch. 17 - SILVERFINGER
Ch. 18 - RIDDLED
Ch. 19 - LETHARIA VULPINA
Ch. 20 - ECHO HOUSE
Ch. 21 - THE FOX AND THE WOLF
Ch. 22 - DE-VOID
Ch. 23 - INSATIABLE
Ch. 24 - THE DIVINE MOVE
Into to Season 4
Ch. 25 - THE DARK MOON
Ch. 26 - 117
Ch. 27 - MUTED
Ch. 28 - THE BENEFACTOR
Ch. 29 - I.E.D
Ch. 30 - ORPHANED
Ch. 31 - WEAPONIZED
Ch. 32 - TIME OF DEATH
Ch. 33 - PERISHABLE
Ch. 34 - MONSTROUS
Ch. 35 - A PROMISE TO DEATH
Ch. 35 - SMOKE AND MIRRORS
Intro to Season 5A
Ch. 36 - CREATURES OF THE NIGHT
Ch. 37 - PARASOMINA
Ch. 38 - DREAMCATCHER
Ch. 39 - CONDITION TERMINAL
Ch. 40 - A NOVEL APPROACH
Ch. 42 - STRANGE FREQUENCIES
Ch. 43 - OUROBOROS
Ch. 44 - LIES OF OMISSION
Ch. 45 - STATUS ASTHMATICUS
Intro to Season 5B
Ch. 46 - THE LAST CHIMERA
Ch. 47 - DAMNATIO MEMORIAE
Ch. 48 - CODOMINANCE
Ch. 49 - THE SWORD AND THE SPIRIT
Ch. 50 - AMPLIFICATION
Ch. 51 - LIE ABILITY
Ch. 52 - A CREDIBLE THREAT
Ch. 53 - MAID OF GÉVAUDAN
Ch. 54 - THE BEAST OF BEACON HILLS
Ch. 55 - APOTHEOSIS
Intro to Season 6A
Ch. 56 - MEMORY LOST
Ch. 57 - SUPERPOSITION
Ch. 58 - SUNDOWNING
Ch. 58 - RELICS
Ch. 59 - RAIDO SILENCE
Ch. 60 - GHOSTED
Ch. 61 - HEARTLESS
Ch. 62 - BLITZKRIEG
Ch. 63 - MEMORY FOUND
Ch. 64 - RIDERS ON THE STORM
Intro to Season 6B
Ch. 65 - SAID THE SPIDER TO THE FLY
Ch. 66 - RAW TALENT
Ch. 67 - AFTER IMAGES
Ch. 68 - FACE-TO-FACELESS
Ch. 69 - PRESSURE TEST
Ch. 70 - TRIGGERS
Ch. 71 - WEREWOLVES OF LONDON
Ch. 72 - GENOTYPE
Ch. 73 - BROKEN GLASS
Ch. 74 - THE WOLVES OF WAR
Bouns Ch. #1
Bouns Ch. #2
- 𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡 𝗪𝗢𝗟𝗙: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗢𝗩𝗜𝗘 -
Ch. 75 - HAUNTED MEMORIES
Ch. 76 - NOT A GAME
Ch. 77 - THE RITUAL TO BRING HER BACK
Ch. 78 - ALLISON'S BACK... SORT OF
Ch. 79 - TAILS
Ch. 80 - ROWAN ASH
Ch. 81 - HIS WORLD AND OUR WORLD
Ch. 82 - THE WINNING MOVE
Ch. 83 - A FRIEND'S FINAL BATTLE

Ch. 41 - REQUIRED READING

3.1K 102 21
By _devilishEJ_

Odette's outfit

Chapter Forty-One
🎭 Required Reading 🎭

"Chimeras." Stilinski said as he put a red "X" over a picture of Tracy as he, Odette and Malia stood behind Stilinski in the station. "Two dead Chimeras-" Stiles said and Odette nodded as she sighed softly, "And eight new ones." She said.

"So, that's ten in all." Stiles said and Stilinski sighed, "I'm thinking maybe eleven." He said as he put up a picture of Donovan making Stiles look down and Odette grabbed his hand. "Our station tech guys confirmed something for me... They said both the holding cell lock and cameras could have malfunctioned because of something electromagnetic." He said, turning to them before grabbing the book that was on the desk, "You said that, uh, these guys-"

"Dread Doctors-"

"Are we really calling them that?" Stilinski asked and Odette nodded, "Its who they are." She said as she leaned against his desk. "So, they broke Donovan out." She said and Stilinski sighed, "It's how they got into Eichen, isn't it?" He asked.

"Donovan's a Chimera." Malia said as she walked over to the picture, "Yeah, but... Is he a failure like Lucas and Tracy?" Stilinski asked and Malia shrugged. "If he is, he's probably dead." She said and went to x him out but Stilinski grabbed her hand and shook his head, "Not until I've seen a body." He said.

Stilinski glanced over at Stiles who had turned his back to them, "You're uncharacteristically quiet." He said making Stiles turn around to see them all staring at him. "Yeah... Sorry, I'm, uh... I'm just trying to think about it. Uh... These are all teenagers, right? So, now shouldn't we be trying to figure out why these teenagers? If the Dread Doctors, if they went through all that- burying them, killing them, breaking one of them out of jail."

"They couldn't have been chosen at random." Stilinski said and Odette nodded, "They had to have something in common."

"Something that made them right for this experiment."

"Something that made them special."

🎭

"My mom's book club usually has more wine." Lydia said as they all sat around the coffee table in the McCall household, looking at all the prints of the book. "Well, they also probably didn't read books that cause violent hallucinations..." Stiles said, "That's why Malia's here." Scott said.

"So none of us go running into traffic?" Kira asked and Odette nodded and shrugged slightly, "Or worse." She said and Malia nodded. "Like what happened to Judy." She said making everyone look at her confused, "Chapter fourteen."

"Maybe I should have my mother read it. She might remember a girl with a tail leaping off the ceiling and attacking everyone." Lydia said as she picked up the book and Odette chuckled, "Yeah, if it works." She said and Lydia sighed softly. "It has to." Lydia said making them look at her confused, "What does that mean?"

"I think I saw them during my surgery. When I look at the cover of the book, it's almost like..." Lydia said before trailing off slightly, "A memory trying to surface." Theo said making them all look at him while Lydia nodded. "Yeah."

"Isn't that what Valack wanted when he wrote it?" Kira asked and they all nodded, "If they did something to me, I want to know what it is." Lydia said and Odette sighed before picking up one of the copies.

"This book better not get me killed."

🎭

Odette sighed softly as she turned another page. She was sitting in the dining room with Stiles and Malia with her feet up on Stiles's lap and the book in her lap. "What did you do to your shoulder?" Malia asked making Odette look up to see Stiles lightly rubbing his shoulder.

"What are you talking about?" Stiles asked and Malia raised her eyebrows, "I can smell the blood. What happened?" Malia said and Stiles just sighed. "Jeep died on me again. I went to check the engine, the hood fell on it." Stiles said glancing over at Odette who smiled softly at him as Malia went back to pouring coffee.

"Wait, so... How much-How much do you remember, anyway? With the accident? Did it play like a movie in your head, or was it like being completely in it again?" Stiles asked and Malia pursed her lips for a moment, "In it."

"Was it just the crash? Nothing else." Odette asked and Malia was quiet for a moment before shaking her head, "Nothing."

A few hours later everyone but Theo has fallen asleep while reading the novel; Lydia dozing while sitting back in the armchair. Stiles seated on the floor with his head resting on a pillow placed on Odette's legs as she sat on the couch. Malia lays scrunched up in the fetal position, next to Odette, her hood up over her face. And Scott sits next sprawled next to her on the other end of the couch.

🎭

"What if we need some kind of trigger? Wasn't Malia driving when she remembered the crash?" Scott asked as he, Stiles, Odette and Kira walked into the school. "Yeah, but how are we supposed to trigger a memory that we don't remember?" Stiles asked and Odette shrugged, "Maybe it's a delayed thing? Like you have to wait a couple hours to see what happens."

Before anyone could say anything the lights started flickering making them look up at them before slowly looking over at Kira. "That wasn't me. I swear." She said and the nodded, "We keep an eye on each other today, okay?" Scott asked and they all nodded.

"Yes, and keep an eye out for eight other potentially homicidal Chimeras." Odette said and Kira nodded, "And keep an eye out for the Dread Doctors..." She said and then her and Scott walked away making Stiles turn to Odette.

"Starting to see the appeal of a third eye." He said and she chuckled before grabbing his hand, "Let's just get to class." She said and he nodded.

🎭

Odette sat next to Lydia in AP Bio not really paying any attention to Ms. Finch as had her head down, wanting to take a nap. "So, while introducing the African Cane Toad sounded like a good way to deal with Australia's infestation of the grey-backed beetle." Ms. Finch explained and Lydia lightly tapped Odette's arm making her look up.

Lydia gestured to Sydney who sat in front of them messing with her hair. Lydia pulled out her phone and texted "Chimera?" to Theo which he replied back with, "Look at her hair". Both girls looked back up and noticed Sydney pull out a chunk of hair.

"Unfortunately, the toad also decided to eat everything else in sight. And, everything that tried to eat the toad- from crocodiles to household pet- quickly died from the poison they secreted. A perfect example of an invasive species. One hundred and two toads introduced in 1935 became 1.5 billion by 2010. Once an invasive species is introduced, everything changes." Ms. Finch explained and suddenly Sydney stood up and put a drop form into the basket.

"Wise decision, Sydney." Ms. Finch said and then Sydney ran out. Odette and Lydia instantly jumped up and went to go after her but Ms. Finch stopped them. "Girls, you know it's for the best." She said Odette gave her a look before her and Lydia ran out of the class.

They went to Natalie's office to see Sydney sitting at the desk cry making them slowly open the door. "I was just looking for your mom. I mean, Mrs. Martin." Sydney said and Lydia and Odette glanced at each other before walking in. "You okay?" Odette asked as they walked up to Sydney.

"Does this look okay?" Sydney asked as she held up a clump of hair, "How long has it been happening?" Lydia asked. "Three years..." Sydney said making Odette's eyes widen, "Years?" She asked and Sydney nodded. "It's stress. I've tried everything-- medication, acupuncture, hypnosis..."

"Have you tried not taking the hardest classes in school?" Lydia asked and Sydney chuckled making them smile at her. "Let me see it. Maybe I can help cover it up." Lydia said and Sydney nodded before moving her hair away to show a bald spot behind her ear.

Lydia stared at it before suddenly gasping and starting to fall back, "Lydia!" Odette yelled as she shot out to catch her. "What happened to her? Is she okay? Did J do something?" Sydney asked as Odette moved Lydia to lean against the wall. "Uh... No, no, you didnt do anything. She's fine, she's probably just dehydrated or something." Odette quickly lied.

She pulled her phone out, texting Scott before turning to Sydney, "Can you go find her mom?" She asked and Sydney nodded and ran out. A minute later Scott and Theo ran in and Scott crouched down next to Odette, "It's happening her now too, isn't it?" Scott asked and she nodded.

A few seconds later Lydia started to walk up, "Lyds? Are you okay?" Odette asked, grabbing Lydia had that was shaking. "I'm okay... I'm fine." Lydia said and Theo crouched down, "You remembered something." He said and she nodded.

'Not about the Dread Doctors. Nothing about them or the surgery." Lydia said and Odette nodded slightly as they helped her off the floor. "What was it?" She asked. "My grandmother... At Eichen House." Lydia said and Odette sighed softly, squeezing her shoulder.

"Lydia!" Natalie yelled before running into the office with Sydney following, "Lydia? Oh, my God! What happened? Are you all right?" Natalie asked running over to Lydia. "Mom, I'm fine. It was nothing." Lydia said, "Was it a blackout? Did you faint?"

"Yeah... Yeah, I fainted. Mom, I'm fine. I promise."

🎭

"Okay, then what are we doing here if you've already had your suppressed memory?" Stiles asked as he, Odette and Lydia got out of the car outside of the hospital. "It wasn't the right memory. I remembered my grandmother in Eichen House. There was nothing to the surgery, nothing to do with the Dread Doctors... So, if I've read the book, why don't I have the full memory of my experience with them?"

"We're not supposed to know that, are we?"

"No. Something... happened during the surgery. But now, I think that maybe, it has more to do with me being a Banshee..." Lydia said as she slowed to a stop. "Maybe it wasn't your memory." Odette suggested making Lydia look at her, "It was someone else's."

They walked into the surgery room and Stiles close the door behind them, "Can you turn the lights on?" Lydia asked and Odette flipped the switch but nothing turned on. "Apparently not." She said making Lydia sigh, "Ask someone."

"I thought this was more of an auditory thing?" Stiles asked as Lydia walked around, "I still wanna see what I'm hearing." Lydia said and Stiles and Odette looked at each other. "Makes sense." Stiles said and Odette nodded, "We'll go ask Melissa." Stiles said before grabbing Odette's hand and walking out.

"Well, we've been having issues for the last hour. Maintenance is coming to check it out. For now, that floor is down to backup lighting." Melissa said as they walked through the halls, "I thought you guys said this was more of a hearing thing." She said and Stiles nodded.

"Auditory." He said and Melissa while Odette sighed slightly, "It's also a Lydia thing." She said and Stiles nodded in agreement.

Stiles and Odette were about to walk into an elevator but Odette paused for a second when she saw what looked like Allison staring at her in a dress with curly making her furrow her brows. "Odie?" Stiles asked making her look at him, "You okay?" He asked and she nodded slightly, looking back down that hall to see Allison turning the corner. "Yeah, uh... I just uh- there's something I wanna go check out real quick. I'll meet you back up stairs in a few minutes." She said and he looked at her worriedly but nodded.

She smiled at him before running down in the direction where she saw Allison went. She turned the corner to see Allison walking past the door where the stairs were. Odette furrowed her brows slightly, it looked like Allison but she doesn't remember Allison ever wearing a floor length dress or her hair being so curly.

She quickly ran over and opened the door but the second she walked through it everything changed. Instead of standing the the stairwell of the hospital she stood in a field covered in snow. She glanced around the field but it was empty all but a puddle of blood.

All of the sudden Odette started seeing flashes of people making her gasp slightly and lean against a tree. There was flashed of a few different men and a women. She didn't recognize any of the men but she recognized the women. Allison. But her chair was curly and she wore an older looking dress that Odette doesn't remember ever seeing Allison wear.

The last thing she saw was one of the men crouched on front of her,"I love you. I really do. But nothing will stop me, not even you." He said in a thick french accent and then Odette gasped, her eyes shooting open to see she was back in the stairwell of the hospital.

She breathed heavily, moving to sit on one of the steps as she frowned in confusion. She sighed softly and got up and went back into the hall, she was about to walk over to the elevator to meet up with Stiles and Lydia again but stopped when she heard the sounds of clicking and loud footsteps followed by the sound of fighting.

She quickly followed the sound to see a Dread Doctor holding Malia by the neck. Odette quickly ran forward, bringing her elbow down on the Dread Doctor's arm making it let go of Malia. She pushed Malia back towards the elevator and stood in front of the Dread Doctor, flashing her blue eyes and canines with a growl.

"Odette!" Melissa yelled as the Dread Doctor stepped towards Odette but stopped making her look at it confused. "Élise." It said making her look at it shocked and confused before starting to back away towards the elevator. The Dread Doctor didn't move from its spot as it just stared at her until the elevator doors closed.

She started at the doors for a moment before looking over at Scott and Malia who were on the ground breathing heavily.

"We never should have read that book."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 163 21
Beacon Hills. Home to all kinds of supernatural. It's been that way for decades, a safe haven. That was until an unsuspecting teenager got bit in th...
134K 4.2K 127
"An alpha that leads by fear will only receive fear. But an alpha that leads with love and respect will earn a pack that will follow them into any b...
54.3K 1.7K 32
A town full of supernatural beings, secrets and teenagers trying to get through high school and live normal lives; a teenage girl moves back to Beaco...
1.3M 37K 125
**COMPLETED*** Coming back to Beacon Hills with her brother, Blake Hale obviously knew they came back for a reason. But she wasn't exactly prepared t...