Horrortale - Back to the begi...

By L0velybela207

It's been almost 9 years since I left the underground after acquiring the King's soul. The monsters there tho... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 12

734 17 1
By L0velybela207

(Mention of violence and blood! Please, if you are uncomfortable with things like that, skip this chapter, or read if you want.)

Frisk pov

It was difficult to keep going, it hurt a little in there, but I knew I couldn't stay there much longer.

I also had the impression that I would need to learn to use my soul weapon soon enough, walking underground alone in such a state was the most dangerous thing.

"Frisk, do you remember the paths around here?" Flowey asked, in my backpack.

"Kinda, and we will have to find a place to rest, but let's continue as long as we can."

I continued walking through the forest, a few hours passed, when my feet started to hurt.  From a distance, I could see a little of Waterfall, in the front, the environment became more humid and the place was getting darker, but it was still far away.

"Do you think we can get there in 1 day?" Flowey asked.

"I'm tired ..." I sat in the snow, laying my back against a tree, and putting my backpack aside.  I went to take off my hood, but Flowey stopped me.

"Don't do that!  We can't let them see you!"

I made a dismayed face, it was hot there, as much as it was a frozen forest.

"Do you think we've left the Snowdin Town?" I looked up at the top of the cave.

"I think so, it's been a long time since we've been walking."

"I have, in this case, right."

"What I mean is, we have less than 2 days to reach Waterfall, but do you want to stay here for a while, to rest?"

I nodded, what should have been, about 11 hours?  Amazingly, I hadn't noticed how tired I really was until I sat in the snow.  My back hurt, but I wasn't hungry.  I stayed there for half an hour, more or less, I could rest for a while.

Until then, I was normal, until I felt a strange feeling, a chill down my spine, I felt I was being watched.

"Flowey"

"Yeah?" he turned to me.

"Are you feeling this?  Like we're being chased?"

"Now that you mentioned, yes.  I just thought it was madness."

"Do you think we better continue?"

He nodded and I got up.  I shook the snow and kept walking.  That feeling haunted me.

That was when, at a certain moment, I felt something coming from behind my back, in a quick movement to the left, and in reflex, I deflected.  I heard something heavy fall in the snow.  An iron spear.

My expression was terrified.  The spear was stained with blood and rusted.

"Hold on tight, Flowey."

I held the backpack tight, and ran out, as fast as I could.  I felt the presence getting closer and faster, my legs got tired.

I decided to turn around, to see if I was still being followed, there was nothing.  Which was a mistake.

I turned around again and was grabbed by the neck.  My backpack with Flowey fell to the floor.

"I found you." the voice was cold, and cruel.  He was a royal guard.  His armor and helmet healed with blood and scratches.

I struggled to let go, and it sniffled me.  It was a guard dog.

"You're the human I was looking for." he took off my hood, roughly.

My neck hurt, I looked into the guard's eyes, with scars on his face.

My arms were losing strength, and he was squeezing more and more, until he released me brutally, and I fell to the floor.

"HEY!!"

I turned to see, and Flowey was on the ground, holding the guard with his roots.

"Don't even try!" Flowey shouted.

I got up quickly, seeing the guard trying to break free from the roots.  I knew that that guard was not alone, I took my backpack, remembering that I had a knife in it.

I held it tight, shook my head, and when the guard broke free, he came at me, at full speed.  I dodged him and his spear that he'd taken back from the ground.  I couldn't kill anyone, but I couldn't do anything more than to protect myself.

I was afraid it would mean killing someone.

He continued to attack me, and I just kept deflecting as much as I could.  Flowey looked scared, just like me.

There was a moment where I saw a breach, grabbed my backpack and ran into the forest, because I knew Flowey would follow me.

I didn't know if I could get past that guard.  His flair was very sharp, and he would find me as soon as he could.

It didn't take long until I heard him approach.

Flowey appeared by my side, I was sweating and had a bruise on my forehead, not to mention my neck that would have marks soon.

"What will we do??"

I remembered what Sans had said to me earlier, about how the weapon of the soul would connect with you depending on how strong you would feel your trait at that very moment.

Determination, I was determined to get out of there.  I wasn't going to die there, I still had a lot to do.

That was when I felt my soul outside my body, that bright red culmination, that enveloped me with a red aura.

"Frisk ...?"

I managed to summon a long sword, which fit perfectly in my hands, it was neither too light nor too heavy.

In a downward movement, I managed to dodge an attack from behind, the guard's spear that had already reached me.

"YOU'RE NOT GETTING PASS HERE, HUMAN!"

"That's what you think."

I invested in a frontal attack with my sword, and he deflected easily, so he invested another attack by throwing his spear, which narrowly reached me.

I felt stronger, with all that power.  I kept trying to defend myself from attacks from the guard dog, who was looking at me with a bloodthirsty look.

"I don't want to fight!  I want to help you!"

"You'll be helping when you give your soul to Undyne !!"

Flowey once again held the guard's body with its roots, which tried its best to get free.

I approached him slowly, who had stopped struggling.

"I'm trying to get you out of here, I don't want to kill anyone here."

He lowered his head and gave a cruel smile.

"But we do."

I had barely noticed the presence of the other guard in that place, which came from behind, and when I noticed, it was too late.

I went to try to dodge his attack, but his spear pierced my shoulder.

I screamed in pain and agony, that power that I had felt until then, was gone.  I tried to invest in an attack, but was thrown against a tree.  My head was spinning, my nose was running blood, and I felt weak.  If I were younger, my soul would have broken into pieces.

I heard Flowey shout something, I assumed it was my name, but it was all confusing.  I could barely get up off the floor.  I had no strength.

I leaned my back against the tree, blood running from my forehead, a cut, my vision blurred.

"Goodbye, human." The guards said, as I closed my eyes.

"Sorry, guys, I failed you again ..."

But I was surprised to hear the guards screaming in pain, their chests pierced by ... bones?

"... Sans ..?"

My vision grew darker, I heard a familiar voice calling me, but I couldn't answer at the moment.

That was when my eyes closed completely, and the pain took over my body.

I fainted.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.9K 1.3K 27
I was tired of fighting the pain, so I gave up. And then, a sudden yellow light burst trough the basement. Sans..? <> Frisk falls into the undergroun...
2.5K 91 23
NOTE - I am not the creator of AxeTale nor do I own it's rights, this is my own retelling of the story of AxeTale. A sub-AU if you will, a rewrite of...
65 1 7
This is going to be a Frans fanfic this will be my first try at this so please don't judge me to much and later on if i feel like it i may put a litt...
153 9 5
In the midst of Tokyo's bustling streets, you led a life that appeared ordinary, despite your role as a leader in a prominent gang. Yet, beneath the...