The Girl Who Believed

Von nicole_3105

The shy Gryffindor catches the eye of the school's biggest player. Again. "I'm not playing at anything this t... Mehr

The Train Ride
Hogsmead
Did he just ask me out?
First Kiss
Crushed
Cast
Sixth year
First day
What Exactly Is He Thinking?
Potter's Face
Unnerving
Herbology
Sirius' POV
The Letter
Theo Asked Me Out
Date With Theo
I Don't Know
Tutoring
Forgiveness
Making Up
The Picnic
Decisions
The Gift
Fights
Common Room
Confused
Remus Jealous
Pranks
Late night talks
The Game
Blondie
I'm screwed
His Undying Love
Stargazing
Yes
Music To My Ears
Matchmakers
Dates to the Ball
Ambushed

He's being an idiot

1.5K 20 59
Von nicole_3105

Before you start reading, I want to say that the letters from the "admirer" aren't originally mine. I found them on the internet, they are written by Joanna Fuchs.
Now that that's out of the way, I hope you enjoy the chapter, and don't forget to vote and comment.
XXX

Athena's POV

"Okay, spill," I told Caroline as we all sat in our dorm on our beds. The girls and I decided that this is the night that we will corner her and we won't sleep until we get everything out of her.

"Spill what?" she asked.

"What happened between you and Remus?" I asked.

"Nothing," she said looking down.

"We are not born yesterday, Care. Something is wrong and it's obvious. If we can't help then at least vent and get it out of your system," said Lily.

Caroline sighed.

"Girls, that's the thing, literally nothing happened," Caroline said.

"What do you mean? We didn't see you the whole day and the look on Remus' face is obvious that something happened," said Angie. Caroline sighed.

"Remus suddenly started avoiding me after the essay he helped me with. We didn't even finish it because he got a 'headache' if you all remember that day. Ever since then he would avoid talking to me or be in my presence. When I would seek him out to ask him something he either answers briefly or get one of the boys to answer. I let it be for a while, but today I got fed up with all this and decided to ask him directly."

"That's why you stayed with him at breakfast this morning? Care, the Great Hall isn't really a place to talk," Angie said and I glared at her.

"Continue," I told Caroline.

"I know. That's why I made small talk first. He was eating so fast, it was obvious he wanted to get away and that hurt," Caroline croaked. She sounded like she was about to cry. I got up from my bed and sat beside her on her bed and gave her a side hug.

"For a moment I considered giving up and let it be. Then, I thought that I might not get another chance to get him alone and that I have to know if I did something wrong. So, I got up, too, and said that I wanted to check on Black and Potter. He gave me a fake smile. That hurt, too." By now, Lily and Angie were beside her, too.

"When we reached an empty corridor, I stopped and asked him what I did wrong and why is he avoiding me. He said that I didn't do anything and that he wasn't avoiding me. I called him out on it. He told me that I don't understand. I knew he was probably thinking about his werewolf problem, but I couldn't say anything. He was silent for a long time and looked like he won't say anything. Then Ben came and asked me for help with his homework. Remus had the audacity to glare at him as if he was interrupting something, when in fact he didn't interrupt anything. There was NOTHING to interrupt," she said. She started sobbing and I hugged her.

I'm going to kill him tomorrow. 

"Shh, it's going to be alright," I said.

"He's an idiot if he can't man up and say whatever is wrong to your face," Lily said.

"Who needs him anyway? Other guys would love a second of your attention," Angie said.

"Yeah, Ben, for example, he's nice. Always nervous for some reason, but nice", Lily said. At that Caroline gave a small smile that didn't reach her eyes.

"He's not nervous, he's born with a slight stutter. He just stutters more when he's nervous," Caroline said.

"Well, that's nothing bad, it's not his fault that he's born that way. If he's good to you, then why not," I said and Lily nodded in approval.

"It's settled then. See, Ben is brave enough to ignore Remus' glares and pursue you," Angie said, "That's something."

Caroline scoffed.

"He might be able to ignore Remus, but what about Malfoy?" Caroline said. 

"Malfoy?" I asked. Caroline's eyes widened and muttered 'shit' under her breath.

The girls and I looked at each other. What isn't she telling us?

"Caroline, what happened? What did the snake do?" Lily asked sternly.

"Promise me not to freak out and do something stupid," Caroline said with a sigh.

"We promise that we won't do anything stupid," Lily promised. Hexing a deserving Slytherin is not stupid.

"Malfoy has been pursuing me. He asked me out a couple of times and I rejected him," Caroline said.

"WHAT?" yelled Angie. Lily and I were too shocked to say anything.

"Care, are you sure it's Malfoy? Malfoy, the proudest Slytherin, asked you, Gryffindor's sunshine?" I asked and Caroline chuckled at the analogy.

"Doesn't he hate Gryffindors?" Lily asked.

Caroline shrugged.

"What did he do to Ben?" I asked.

"He showed up in the library when I was helping Ben. He was mean, but that's nothing new. He said some shit, so I slapped him then grabbed Ben, and ran out of the library," she said. 

We all looked at her shocked. We didn't know what to say. Caroline wasn't usually a violent person. It takes a lot to rile her up.

"What was he saying?" asked Lily.

"Nothing important," answered Caroline.

"Care, you don't go around slapping people. That would be Athena," she said trying to make the mood lighter. Caroline gave a small smile.

"Nothing worth repeating, and he got what he deserved. So forget about it," Caroline said.

I decided not to push it. She already said a lot today, we better not push her.

"Alright. Just promise to tell us if he tries or says anything again. No matter how big or small," I said.

She nodded. We had a group hug and sat in silence for a while.

"On a lighter note, Black and Potter were really milking it today. They were relishing in your attention," said Angie, and Lily and I groaned.

"Tell me," Caroline said wiped the tears away.

Angie started talking and telling Caroline everything that happened today and how Potter flirted with Lily and Black teased me about worrying about him. 

There was a sound of pecking on the window. We looked and saw an owl holding a letter. I hope it's from him.

I took the letter and gave the owl some treats before it flew away. I opened the letter and read it. I couldn't help the smile. Those letters will never cease to make my day or evening.

It's crazy 
you're all I want and need
you win 
I'm yours forever, I concede.

I looked up and saw all the girls looking at me with smirks on their faces.

"What?" I said, blushing.

"I wonder who that's from?" Angie pretended to think.

"I don't know, ask Caroline," I said and she groaned.

"I already said that I can't tell!" she said and I rolled my eyes.

"Will you please tell him to reveal himself tomorrow?" I asked.

"Fine, but I won't promise anything. He's nervous," she said.

"WHY?!" I asked, "What's the worst that could happen?"

"He's afraid of rejection."

I sighed. I didn't know what to say.

"Just tell him that I want to know who he is," I said.

"I will."

Angie yawned.

"We better get some sleep now. It's late and we have classes tomorrow," Lily said.

We all got into our beds and soon fell asleep.

The next morning, at breakfast, the boys surrounded us again. We were so used to it by now that if they didn't do that, we would get worried.

It was uneventful, except that Caroline didn't come with us. She wanted some time to collect herself before she saw Remus again. Remus, however, kept glancing at the doors of the Great Hall. The girls and I mostly ignored him. Well, as subtly as possible. He hurt Caroline, but she asked us not to treat him differently. I swear this girl is too good for her own good.

"So, will help me with Transfiguration today after class?" Black asked.

"Sure," I said.

The morning owls came and I automatically smiled when two owls landed in front of me. One was mine, which means it's from mom or my friends, and the other is the one that usually gets me the letters from the admirer.

I opened the one from mom first. It had the usual 'How are you?' 'How is school?' 'Say hi to your friends.'

"Mom says hi, girls," I told them.

"Thanks, tell her we said hi when you write back to her," Lily said.

I nodded and opened the one from the admirer.

When all goes wrong, and my life runs amok,
I think of you, and I get unstuck.
In the chaos, you make my heart sing
You're my peace, my happiness, my everything

I smiled widely and blushed. He's so... intense. I wonder if he's really like that in real life or only when writing. I didn't look around because I knew that I won't see him. I got used to it. I will never get used to the lovely poems, though. I hope that if we got together he won't stop.

Lily who was reading over my shoulder awed.

"Even I'm getting excited to know who it is. I hope Caroline tells him today," Lily said.

"Tells who what?" Potter asked.

"Tell loverboy to reveal himself already. We all want to know," Angie said.

"Will you give him a chance when he does?" Black asked.

"I think I will," I said.

"Whoever he is?" he asked looking me straight in the eye. Again with that intense look.

"Someone with such intense emotions I'm sure couldn't be bad. At least not really," I said.

"Where is Caroline anyway?" asked Peter.

The girls and I all looked at him.

"Getting ready for class," I said.

"Won't she eat breakfast?" asked Remus.

The girls and I all looked at him. He squirmed.

"We keep snacks in our dorms. She will have something if she runs late," Angie said coldly. I kicked her under the table. Caroline said to pretend that nothing is wrong.

In some way, I understand. Nothing really happened in the first place to give her the right to react that way. It doesn't hurt any less though, and I'm sure things will be more awkward between them from now on.

"Hi, Sirius," someone said from behind us. 

I turned to see a beautiful blonde wearing a skirt a bit too short and the top two buttons of her shirt were open. Although she's pretty, she was wearing way too much make up for a Monday morning.

"Hi, Carla," he said cooly.

"It's Karen, actually," she said, her smile faltering for a second. I almost smirked. It was obvious she was trying to seduce him.

"Sorry," he said.

"I was wondering if I can talk to you for a second," she said.

Black looked at me then at Karen. I didn't say anything and continued eating.

"It will only take a minute," she said.

"Um... alright, but make it quick, I have transfiguration first and McGonagall doesn't tolerate tardiness," he said before getting up and leaving the Great Hall with her. 

She was walking so close to him that their arms were brushing against each other. Why on earth did that bother me? I shook my head and continued eating.

"Didn't he already say no to her?" Peter asked out loud. "Ouch!" he yelled and looked at Potter.

"No to what?" Angie asked.

"Nothing, she wanted help with... um... something," Potter said.

"Right," she said not believing him.

I looked at my watch. Ten minutes left.

"We better hurry. Ten minutes left," I said before getting up, others following suit.

As we walked to Transfiguration, Black came out from a side corridor that is rarely used. His face was red and he looked upset. After him, came Karen. I didn't get to see her face clearly because she quickly walking in the other direction.

He quickly caught my eye and his eyes widened. I felt weird. I was bothered and irritated. Why on earth would I feel that? It's not like I'm jealous or something. I rolled my eyes and looked away. I'm not jealous.

Classes were uneventful. In Potions, Black talked a bit, but I just answered briefly. Then I got an idea. I was going to ask him about Remus, but then I thought again. It's better to ask him at the library when we're working on Transfiguration.

In DADA, Theo didn't show up, which I'm glad for. I watched Caroline and Remus. She was writing notes like never before, which I'm sure is due to the fact that Remus was sitting beside her and stealing glances at her and she didn't want to think about that. Why was he acting like that? Now even I'm confused. Those are mixed signals. He is pushing her away but still asks about her and looks at her.

After classes, Black and I agreed to meet in the library at 6 pm so that we can go to dinner afterward.

In the common room, the girls and I sat in front of the fire talking. Caroline wasn't here. We got worried and were about to go looking for her when she stepped into the common room from the portrait door.

"Where were you? We were worried," Lily said.

"I was telling loverboy to reveal himself," she said.

 I wish I knew. I could've followed her.

"And what did he say?" I asked.

"He will do it this weekend. He says better in the weekend than between classes," she said. Makes sense but I was getting impatient.

"I hope he doesn't chicken out," Angie said.

"He won't. I told him either he does it or I will tell you," she said. She seems upset about something.

"Caroline Lightwood blackmailing? Didn't think you had it in you," Angie joked.

"I'm just fed up of being stuck in the middle," she huffed.

"Caroline are you alright?" I asked her.

"I'm fine," she said. I wasn't convinced. Neither were Lily and Angie by the looks of it.

"Is it Remus?" Lily asked. Caroline sighed.

"Girls, I will be alright. I will just act normal until this is all over and then I won't talk to him," she said.

"Until what is over?" I asked.

"Nothing. I'm tired. I will go rest before doing homework then sleep again," she said.

"Won't you come to dinner?" I asked.

"I don't think so. I will eat here."

After she left, I sighed and looked at the girls.

"I will ask Black today, maybe he knows what that idiot is thinking," I said.

"There better be a good reason for him to act that way," Angie said.

I looked at my watch. It's almost 6.

"I'm going now, see you at dinner," I said before leaving for the library.

I walked to the usual table in the back and Black was already waiting for me.

"Right on time," he said.

"How long have you been waiting?" I asked as I sat down.

"Almost 10 minutes. I got my notes and things ready," he said.

"Wow. I'm glad you're taking it seriously," I said, impressed.

"Well, I'm always sirius," he smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"I should really avoid the word," I mumbled and he chuckled.

I took my things out and put them on the table and thought whether I should ask him now or during the break we usually take.

"A sickle for your thoughts?" he asked.

"Later," I sighed, "Let's start now. Show me what you managed to write so far."

We studied for about an hour. Surprisingly, he was getting better every day.

"With how quickly you're improving, I'm considering becoming a professor," I said as I closed my book.

"So you're saying I'm smart," he smirked.

"No, I'm saying I'm a good teacher," I said.

"Can't argue with that," he said and I smiled.

"Black, can I ask you something ad you will be honest with me?"

"I will if you stop calling me Black," he said.

"Well, it's your surname," I said.

"I want you to call me by my first name," he said.

"Fine, Sirius, can I ask you something?" I asked. He stilled and looked me in the eyes. I almost got lost in them, but I managed not to.

"Anything," he said.

"What's the deal with Remus? Did he tell you anything concerning Caroline?" I asked. He sighed.

"I really don't know what to tell you. He's being an idiot."

"I know he's being an idiot. He's being a jerk, too. What I want to know is, why?"

"Don't tell anyone this," Sirius said and I nodded, "He thinks she deserves better."

I groaned. This is so cliche.

"That's not up to him. She is not a kid. She can decide what she wants," I said.

"We told him that. You didn't tell me, but I know for a fact that she likes him, too."

"If he likes her and she likes him, then I don't understand what's stopping him. Remus is a great guy and if anyone at this school deserves Caroline, then it's him."

He sighed.

"He told us what happened yesterday and he admitted that he was an idiot," he said.

"Well then, is he going to fix it?" I asked.

"That's the thing. Now he thinks that he doesn't deserve her AND that he messed things up."

"Oh god, I really want to smack some sense into him before it's too late," I said.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"I mean that as much as I'm rooting for them, Caroline will have to move on eventually if he doesn't do something, regardless of her feelings. He shouldn't wait too long. Caroline is beautiful and many boys would love to be with her."

"I understand," he sighed, "What should we do?"

"I don't know. Let's leave it for now. Caroline is still upset," I said, "But you need to talk some sense into him. He needs to man up soon. I can tell she is starting to get fed up."

"Alright, I will do that tonight," he said. 

It was silent for a few minutes after that.

"So, who's Karen?" I asked. What the bloody hell did I just ask and why?

"Um... an old... friend," he said. He sounded nervous.

"One of your old lady friends?" I asked.

"Something like that," he mumbled, "But that was so long ago. I haven't been with any girl since the middle of last year."

"Oh, but you were red when you came out of the corridor with her," I said.

"She came on to me. I rejected her, I swear, but she was persistent, so she put her hand -"

"Okay stop right there, I don't want details," I interrupted him.

"Jealous?" he smirked and I scoffed.

"No, just curious is all," I said.

"I just want you to know that I don't mess around anymore. I have eyes only for one girl," he looked straight into my eyes. I felt the intensity in his look hit me like a ton of bricks. This time, I got lost in his eyes.

He put his hand on mine and rubbed circles on top of it with his thumb. It was so soothing and at the same time, it felt intimate.

"Oi, Padfoot, where are you?" came a voice not far away from us. Potter's messy hair popped from behind the bookshelf in front of us.

"Oh, did I interrupt something?" Potter smirked, looking at our hands.

"No, we were talking about Remus," I said and pulled my hand quickly from Sirius' hand.

"What about him?" Potter asked.

"Sirius will tell you. Dinner is about to start. Bye," I said packing my things quickly before leaving.

Why do I feel that I shouldn't feel when I'm with him?

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

38.6K 945 23
!This was discontinued until I posted the rest of the pre-written chapters. Many are unedited so forgive me! 7th year (Y/N) Black. Sirius's Older si...
3.3K 115 5
Y/N is introduced to the marauders through a childhood friend and is quickly integrated into their group. She soon develops unique relationships with...
1.1M 33.9K 56
Pragma: long lasting love. Love that requires true commitment that comes from understanding, compromise and tolerance. It is referred to as "standing...
185K 4K 35
꧁In which they both have feelings but are unknown to eachother꧂ OR After 6 years of chasing Lily Evans it seems as if James Potter has given up on...