✓ | ODD , ˡᵘᶜᵃˢ ˢᶦⁿᶜˡᵃᶦʳ & ᵐᵃ...

By thoudeathwriter

❛ Nothing... everything ❜ In which Eleven isn't the only mystery kid that showed up but her even odder brothe... More

⁰⁰ I'm a little ODD
⁰¹ The Beginning
⁰² 'Dangerous' Weirdos
⁰³ Operation Mirkwood
⁰⁴ Radio Frequency
⁰⁵ Lost
⁰⁶ & Found
⁰⁷ Spur of the Moment
⁰⁸ 2-1-3
⁰⁹ Saviour
¹⁰ Compromise
¹¹ Memories
¹² How many days?
¹³ Unknown Reunion
¹⁴ Woman in the Rocking Chair
¹⁶ Blue Skies a Safety
¹⁷ Badass
¹⁸ Reunions & Meetings
¹⁹ Watching
²⁰ Tree House
²¹ Starman
²² 'Romeo & Juliet'
²³ Why Lie?
²⁴ All Wrong
²⁵ Save Him
²⁶ Chemicals
²⁷ Hospital
²⁸ Open Wounds
²⁹ I Saved Him
³⁰ His Stars & Blue Skies
³¹ ODD

¹⁵ Stars

6.1K 247 30
By thoudeathwriter

ᵖᵃʳᵗ ¹⁵ - ᴡɪsʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ

❛ ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ɢᴏ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ❜

"So it just kept repeating?"

The three sat back at the table, Becky asking questions, while Seven clutched Eleven's hand in his, his leg bouncing nervously under the table, again.

"Repeat?" El asked, glancing towards Ven's leg while he noticed the stare and forced himself to stop.

"Like showing the same thing over and over again," Ven explained, leaning back in his seat while staring at the top of the table.

"Oh...she kept showing me the girl in the rainbow room." The girl's words were soft as she squinted her eyes in thought.

A girl with darker skin and almost black hair flashed into Ven's mind before he could process what happened it disappeared though he remembered the girl like muscle memory.

She was so familiar but he couldn't place it.

"The rainbow room?" Becky's voice snapped him out of his thoughts.

Seven glared at his 'aunt' when he heard the hint of doubt seeping through her voice.

Eleven's eyes twitched when she too heard the tone, making her sigh.

"What did this girl look like?" Becky asked, though there was something in her voice that Ven couldn't place.

"Different," El said.

"Different than you?"

"I think this is why mama wanted to talk." Eleven jutted her chin out confidently.

Becky rose an unimpressed brow. "To show you the girl?"

"I think she wants us to find her." El nodded, looking towards her brother who looked completely different than her confidence.

Becky looked between the two, her eyes lingering on El before she sighed and got up from her seat, gesturing for the two to follow her.

"When Terry was looking for you two, she kept these files of other missing kids. Kids, she thought were like you."

They stopped at a file cabinet in the living room, the lady started going through the drawer and started taking out the files.

"Maybe this girl is in there somewhere."

El and Ven dropped to the floor, beginning to look through the files as Becky turned with the last one. "Anyone look familiar?"

Ven looked over El's shoulder, looking at the file she just opened, "There." he pointed to the picture of the girl he remembered.

──

It was dark now, El and Ven were in the room that was supposed to be theirs. Becky had pulled out two foldable mattresses for the two to sleep on which was where El was.

She sat on top of the 'bed' staring at the girl's picture, her eyes scanning the long black hair that went down her shoulder, though it was in a ponytail.

El sighed before looking towards her brother though frowned when she saw him not in bed, her eyes trailing to his figure that was on the window bench.

The boy looked out the window, his legs pulled to his chest, his temple leaning on the large window, a frown on his face.

His eyes searched outside, an aching in his heart.

He can't see the stars.

He swallowed, blinking back the tears in his eyes as he looked down at his lap, only to snap his head up when he heard footsteps.

El reached his slightly blurred vision as she took a seat by his feet, copying his position while facing him, before turning her eyes onto the darkness, her eyes scanning the trees.

"Are you okay?" she said, her voice almost a whisper, her eyes not going towards the boy since she knew he didn't want her to see him sad.

He sniffled, wiping his nose with the sleeve of his hoodie, "Ye--" he cleared his throat when his voice cracked. "Yeah."

Ven's eyes were trained to the side of her face making El turn and raise a brow at him.

He rolled his eyes, taking a deep breath. "I...don't have a good feeling about this."

"When do you feel good about anything?"

He chuckled, though his heart began to ache once more when he remembered Lucas said those same words to Dustin.

"I just...we can't stay here forever, you know that right?" he questioned, his curious eyes trailing to her.

Eleven's brows furrowed before smoothing, a hint of sadness in her voice. "Why not?"

"Because...We don't know if we could one hundred percent trust Becky yet okay?"

"B-but she's helped--"

"I know but that doesn't mean anything, just... don't get your hopes up. You know sooner or later Hopper's gonna come hunt us down..."

"I don't want to go back," she whispered, looking away from her brother, Hopper words running through her mind as tears stung her eyes.

You wanna go back to the lab? One phone call. I can make that happen.

Ven sighed at the thought that entered, his own heart hurting at the words.

"He hates us," El stated.

"He doesn't hate us."

"Why would he say that?" she glared at the glass, seeing her reflection.

The boy lowered his legs, sitting crisscross. "He...It's confusing but...no matter what happens he always comes back, even if he's mad."

"Always?"

"Always. And one day if he doesn't...we have each other. That's all we need."

Eleven's watery eyes scanned his face before smiling softly. "Each other's all we need."

Seven nodded.

The siblings sat in silence sharing a teary smile, before El cleared her throat and got up, walking to her mattress.

"I'm gonna try and find the girl." she said, before stopping, "Are you going to sleep?"

Ven glanced out the window before looking at the girl, "I think I'm gonna stay here for a bit longer."

The girl nodded, lying on her bed, clutching the picture of the mystery girl, tightly as she closed her eyes.

There was a peaceful silence that loomed in the room as Ven's eyes searched for stars but opted for the moon and El searched through sparkling cities for the mystery girl that they both remembered.

Ven jumped, his eyes darting to El as she let out a big gasp. "What, El?"

"I found her." She breathed out before she jumped off her bed with Ven following, both the siblings running to find Becky. "Becky, I found her!"

Ven pulled El behind the wall, out of Becky's sight when he heard the woman's words.

"I just--I didn't know who else to call. He gave me this number and he came here looking for them. I thought maybe he could help me."

Eleven scowled, nudging her brother before nodding her head towards the bedroom.

Seven sighed, walking towards the bedroom, gathering their stuff. He turned towards the door just as El walked in money in her hand with a glare on her face.

Ven stopped and caught his sister's eyes, a sad expression making El sigh in defeat and grab her brother's hand before dragging him out the house.

The two ran down the road, the boy looking over his shoulder when Becky called out to them though he regained himself and continued running his hand clasped in El's tightly.

──

They sat on a bus late at night, something the boy didn't particularly like.

El was looking out the window, her head leaned against it.

Ven sat by her, fiddling with a tape before putting it in his player, zipping his backpack.

The music filled his ears, the sound of the guitar in his mind, the unknown song playing, though he knew it was new from the others.

He glanced around, looking at all the faces of the people on the bus, there were only a few scattered all a look of discourage and loneliness on their faces.

He sighed leaning his head back against the headrest, closing his eyes, fighting the urge to look out the window to gaze at the stars.

Did they get you to trade, your heroes for ghosts?

El exhaled, her fist falling from her cheek, turning to look at her brother, frowning when she saw his hand clenched and his eyes tightly closed.

Hot ashes for trees? Hot air for a cool breeze? Cold comfort for change?

She slowly inched her hand towards the boys, placing hers on top of his, her fingers prying his open.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war? For a lead role in a cage?

Ven flinched, his eyes opening to stare at El, glancing at their hands.

El smiled softly tugging the boy to sit closer, letting him curl into her side letting the boy look at the sky of stars, watching his eyes sparkle with adoration as she ran her fingers through his curls.

How I wish, how I wish you were here

He stared at the stars with wondrous eyes, watching the twinkle in the dark sky, his mind drifting off to Lucas.

We're just two lost souls, swimming in a fishbowl

His eyes drifted, connecting with El's his heart aching at the sympathy that waved off of her.

Year after year. Running over the same old ground

He sat up making her confused, but falter when Seven hugged her tightly which was unlike him, slowly she wrapped her arms around him, her eyes watering.

What have we found? The same old fears

The two held each other, El quietly letting tears fall as Ven bit his lip to keep his in. The two holding each other like they were all they had.

His eyes connecting with the brightest star over the girl's shoulder.

Wish you were here.

──

authors note| 

Wish you were here by Pink Floyd is one of my favorite songs, so I had to add it in somehow lol.

hey, hi, how is everyone doing? I hope you are all okay, I know around the holidays I get pretty sad, and with covid still around it will probably be worse now :(

I hope you guys have an amazing day, and I wish you guys a happy holiday, I love you all. ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

218K 6.3K 37
will and mike had never liked each other from the beginning. mike would always bully will, but he never actually had a reason why. both boys hate eac...
240K 8.8K 33
𝘙𝘦𝘯 𝘉𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘻 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘢 𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘬. 𝘚𝘵𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘏𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘵�...
12.7K 194 16
Since we were all so wrongfully robbed of Byler in season 4, I've made the executive decision to write this. ♡︎ ♡︎ ♡︎ ♡︎ ♡︎ ♡︎ ♡︎ ♡︎ ♡︎ ♡︎ ♡︎ What th...
111K 2.5K 52
After the death of Billy Max turned to Eleven for support. As did Eleven with the disappearance of her dad, Hopper. They were together almost everyd...