¹⁰ Compromise

ᵖᵃʳᵗ ¹⁰ - ʜᴀʟғᴡᴀʏ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ

❛ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ sᴛᴜᴘɪᴅ ❜

It was currently nighttime, Ven was sitting on the couch flipping through pages of a random book Hopper gave him as El was in her room.

It had been a year since that night in the woods. Hopper had taken the kids to his cabin where they now lived with him.

At first, it was chaos, Hopper not really knowing how to take care of two now 13-year olds; he still really doesn't.

Seven found it amusing though but still decided he wouldn't give the man a hard time.

The boy could hear static coming from El's room, coming to the conclusion that she must be trying to talk to Mike.

Mike, Seven remembered when he said he would never miss the piece of shit, but since it's been so long since he last saw him, man....he really missed that piece of shit.

Ven glanced at the clock above where the tv would be--if El didn't take it--a frown on his face when he saw that it was 8:15.

He put the book down when he heard a faint voice in his head, looking towards the front door right as he heard a knock on it.

Knock knock...knock...knock knock knock.

Ven got up from the couch and ran over to the door, unlatching the multiple locks before opening the door revealing an exhausted-looking Hopper.

"Sup." the boy smiled at the man watching him take his hat off with a sigh.

Hopper put his hat on the hook handing on the wall before ruffling Ven's curly hair, "Hey, kid."

The man walked off to grab a glass of water with the boy plopping back on the couch watching Hopper chug it within seconds.

"Hey...what'd we talk about?" Hopper's stern voice echoed through the cabin.

Seven's eyes trailed to the plate of half-eaten waffles, cursing himself for not disposing of it since he knew El might get in trouble.

Seven got up and took a seat on one of the chairs surrounding the small dining table just big enough for 3 people, Hopper taking the seat across from where El and Ven normally sat.

"I tried to stop her but you know how she get's..." Seven shrugged, his finger tapping against the edge of the table.

"No signal." El's voice finally echoed from her room.