Hey There, Delilah - A 5 Seco...

By 5SecondsOfFreedom

Things change, from when you were young. Once, Delilah Cook lived in Sydney, was best friends with a boy cal... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Quick Question :)
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
BONUS CHAPTER-Luke's P.O.V
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Epilogue

Chapter 10

75.4K 1.8K 1.5K
By 5SecondsOfFreedom

Two chapters in one night! How much do you love me??? :D
Yeah, so this one is a little longer than my recent chapters which is good, and we're really starting to get into the stride of the story, which is awesome!
Enjoy & please review!
x

What About Tonight was good, and they stirred up the crowd, but they’re no ‘5 Seconds of Summer’.

And that annoyed me a lot.

And Tyrone kept winking at Em while he was singing, to the point where it freaked her out.

“Can we go?” She complained. “I’m starving!”

“Alright then.” Jules sighed. “Let’s go.”

“I’m dying for a Fro-Yo!” Stella piped up.

“A what?” I asked, mystified.

“Frozen yoghurt.” She clarified.

So we wandered the many white tents in search of food.

Stella got her frozen yoghurt, as did Jules and Em. I, on the other hand, wasn’t hungry, and was satisfied with lemonade.

“You have to eat, Del.” Em said, worriedly.

I bit my lip, remembering, as she was, the period of time after my mum’s death where I had refused to eat.

“I will later.” I promised. “I’m just too hyped up right now.”

We wandered some more, and then sat on the cool green grass as the sky turned black, the spotlights turned on and ‘5 Seconds of Summer’ got on stage.

“Go Michael!” Stella squealed, jumping to her feet and cheering madly.

Michael glanced up and grinned, giving her a tiny wave.

The other boys followed his gaze and waved at us also. Luke’s eyes didn’t leave mine the entire time.

Other girls shot ups death glares, so Stella swallowed and sat down again.

Then they started to play.

My God, they were good. They had matured so much more from the three boys who had decided to make a band four years ago.

I sat on the ground just reveling in the honest sound of their music as Em, Jules and Stella jumped up and danced with the rest of the screaming girls.

After a forty-minute set, the boys got down from stage and made their way through the crowd of screaming girls, signing autographs and taking pictures.

“You were amazing, baby!” Stella exclaimed, jumping into Michael’s arms for a sweet kiss.

“Wow! You guys were great!” Em said, her eyes sparkling.

“Sure have changed a lot since year 7.” Jules smirked.

I felt like I should say something, but I didn’t know what.

“Yeah, that’s for sure.” I added. Cheating, but still speaking.

“Thanks.” The boys grinned and Luke tried to catch my eye, but suddenly Alison appeared and gripped his shoulder tightly.

“Luke! You were incredible! Simply amazing!” She purred.

Luke grimaced. “Thanks, Alison.”

I caught sight of Coco, with her bleached blonde hair, and Peach, with her pinky-red dyed head, making their way towards us.

“You guys were great!” Coco smiled charmingly, attaching herself and her fake nails to Ashton.

“Totally awesome.” Peach agreed, sidling over to Calum.

Jules and Em remained by my sides, their posture suddenly stiff.

Michael and Stella looked a little uncomfortable.

“Let’s wander a while?” Stella suggested. “Everything here is so cool.”

“Yeah.” Em said, cautiously. “I’m thinking sparklers?”

“Glow sticks are where it’s at.” Calum said, with a teasing shake of his head. He hurried over to Em and linked his arm through hers.

We wandered again, now the tents were lit up from within.

We were fitted out with glow stick bracelets and necklaces, and were running around like kids with our sparklers.

“New Years Eve is magic, isn’t it?” Luke’s voice startled me.

“Huh? Oh. Yeah. I guess.” I said, softly.

Luke sighed as he sat next to me on the grass. “You were really good out there tonight. I always knew you were born for the stage.”

I blushed. “Thanks. I always knew you guys would be superstars as well.”

Luke chuckled. “We were the dream team.”

“The dynamic duo.”

“The Power Rangers!”

“The awesome foursome!”

“Best friends.”

I paused. “Yeah. That too.”

I observed the scene in front of me. Stella and Michael had one arm wrapped around each other and were writing each other’s names in the darkness with sparklers.

Peach and Coco were standing off to the side, watching everything haughtily.

Calum, Em, Ashton and Jules were all wearing dozens of glow sticks and were playing a wild game of tiggy.

Alison was nowhere to be seen.

“Michael and Stella are the cutest couple ever.” I murmured.

Luke smiled as he followed my gaze. “Yeah. They are. Stella’s awesome.”

“How long have they been together?”

“Eight months or so, I think.”

“Wow.”

“Yeah.”

We sat in silence again, but this time it was comfortable.

Then the What About Tonight boys turned up and Luke groaned.

Luke and Mitchel already had guys on their arms, Tyrone and Brock were chatting up Coco and Peach and Christian made his way towards me with a cheerful grin.

“Damn it.” Luke muttered.

I jabbed him with my elbow.

“Hey there, Delilah!” Christian joked.

I smiled at him, but felt my blood turn to ice as I remembered another voice saying those words. “Hi, Christian.”

“Luke! Delilah! It’s almost midnight!” Ashton’s voice carried over to us.

“Ten!”

I blinked.

“Nine!”

They stopped playing tiggy to shout at the sky.

“Eight!”

Luke coughed.

“Seven!”

Christian whistled softly.

“Six!”

Stella was jumping up and down with excitement.

“Five!”

I took a deep breath.

“Four!”

“Delilah…” Luke began.

“Three!”

I turned to face him.

“Two!”

He leaned in slightly and I felt my heart pound.

“One!”

Luke’s face was jerked away quickly and I watched as Alison attached her lips to his and the two of them had their New Year’s kiss.

Bitterly, I glanced out to see Michael and Stella kissing enthusiastically, Tyrone and Peach almost eating each other’s faces, Brock and Coco kissing passionately, Em and Calum kissing cutely and Ashton and Jules making out.

“Hey, Delilah?” Christian’s said.

I glanced at him.

“Want to be my first kiss for the year?”

I smiled slightly. “Why not?”

I leaned over and we kissed, short and sweet.

There were no fireworks or heart palpitations.

It was just a kiss.

And I couldn’t help but wonder if kissing Luke would make me feel the same way.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 17.9K 79
[COMPLETED] Julia leaves her save hometown London for a new life in Sydney. She doesn't want to but her mom is getting a job there. She and her bro...
31.4K 474 43
I'm that girl, you know the one that sits behind the scenes as her best friends make their dreams come true? Yeah her. In my case, I'm best friends w...
777K 13.1K 38
Summer has finally arrived and Taylor can't wait to leave her boring town and go to her beach house. She's been going for years and, although nothing...
4.5K 103 18
You've heard about them, all over the radio and YouTube, and you've possibly seen them play a gig or two. Calum Hood, Michael Clifford, Luke Hemmings...