The Not-so Happy Ending | ✓

Por yourneighbourhoodcow

Not everyone gets their prince charming, now do they? Life is not a fairytale. Let's get real now, shall we... Más

Author Note
Characters (Main Characters)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Characters (Part 2)
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Lucas's POV
1 k Reads!!!!
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Character Interview (Part 1)
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Character Interview (Part two)
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue: The End
Author's Note
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
Bonus Chapter #2.5
Bonus Chapter #3
Bonus Chapter #4
Bonus Chapter #4.5 (Part 1)
Bonus Chapter #4.5 (Part 2)
Bonus Chapter #5
Bonus Chapter #1 (Maddison & Lucas)

Chapter 15

1.5K 55 13
Por yourneighbourhoodcow

_______________________________________________________________________________

This chapter took me a hell lot of time to write. Hope you guys like it. 

Before you read just know that I am no expert in medical stuff so a few things regarding Amelia's situation may seem unrealistic or may not make sense. 

Anyways I hope y'all enjoy the chapter and don't forget to comment and vote (it will make my day! :>) 

_______________________________________________________________________________

(Ethan's Point of View)

I wake up the next morning to the sun shining bright. I open my eyes and try to adjust to the brightness. "Morning." A voice says from beside me. Wait, is that Amelia? I squint my eyes and try to get a clear view. I see a nurse standing next to Amelia's bed. "Oh.. It's you." I mumble disappointedly. I actually thought Amelia woke up. "Your girlfriend is doing good. The medicines are working on her. At this rate we can expect her to wake up very soon." She says. "S-she is not my girlfriend. Well not yet." I mumble the last part. "It's very clear you love her. I mean you slept on a chair the entire night holding her hand. You were very concerned for her too. I say you confess before it gets too late." She smiles.

What if it is too late?

I shake my head at that thought. It's not too late I will confess as soon as possible and by that I mean when she wakes up.

"I will leave you two now." She says as she leaves. After she leaves I look at Amelia. She looks so oddly peaceful. Her hair is tucked neatly beneath her bandage. Her chest goes up and down as she breathes from her oxygen mask. Her hands are on her sides with a few tubes attached to it. The only thing missing is her beautiful grayish-bluish eyes. The eyes I love, the eyes that send this weird feeling in my stomach whenever I look at them. The eyes that hold all her innocence and purity.

I sigh to myself as I make my grip a bit more tight on her hand. "Amelia... God, Please wake up soon. It's hell without you here. Without you everything is... dark and dreadful. I don't even know what I am saying. I just miss you laughing and smiling. I miss the way you would comment on how hot the men in movies are every Friday. I know I used to say it's annoying, but the truth is I was a jealous asshole and that used to make me feel insecure. I promise you that when you wake up we can buy as many books you want, watch as many movies you want, eat as many chocolates you want and we can sit on the couch and cuddle while you fall asleep halfway through the movie." I smile at all the memories that come rushing to my head as I say each word.

I bring her knuckles up to my lips and place a small kiss on it. For the next few minutes I just sit there and stare at her face. I am broken away from my trance by the sound of my stomach growling. "You should go down to eat." I hear my Dad say from behind me. "No, I want to stay here. What if she wakes up or something?" I say without looking back. "I understand what you're feeling. There was a time, well still is the time I feel the same." He sighs as she sits next to me.

"You know in highschool, I was crazy behind your mother. I had this massive crush on her but never had the guts to admit it. We were in two different social groups. Your mom was pretty and popular and I was the nerd and unpopular kid. Every guy was crazy behind your mother. So to her I was just any guy. Then came the time we got paired up for a school assignment. Even though your mom may have been popular her grades meant a lot to her, so she used to study hard. While doing the assignment we became friends, and I started to fall in love with her. I didn't know at first what was up with my feelings, so I talked to your grandma and she helped me understand I was in love with her. Of course I didn't believe her at first but soon I realised. We remained friends for quite a bit, until I confessed. When I confessed I was a nervous wreck, scared that she might not feel the same. But when I confessed she told me she felt the same way and now here we are." He smiles at every word he says.

"Woah." I mumble. I didn't take my mom as the "popular" type.

"I know." He chuckles. "Now go down and eat something. If anything happens I will tell you." He adds.

I hesitantly nod and place a kiss on Amelia's forehead before getting up and going downstairs.

I order a sandwich and some coffee and take small bites and sips out of them. Suddenly my phone starts ringing. I take it out of my pocket and check the caller ID. Madison it reads. Why is she calling me? I pick up the phone, "Hello?" I ask. "Hi. What's up with Amelia? She is not answering my calls, we were supposed to hangout at the mall for breakfast." She says.

Oh so she doesn't know...

"Uh I am surprised Andrew didn't tell you. But Amelia got into an accident yesterday and she is at the hospital... unconscious." I tell her. "Unconscious? As in a coma? Oh my god!" She exclaims. "Well the doctor said it's not a coma.. But she is just unconscious and we don't really know when she will get up..." I trial off. "Oh my god! And you tell me now! I am coming in like a few minutes and I swear I am gonna strangle you for not telling me before!" She yells as she hangs up.

I complete eating my sandwich and start making my way back upstairs. I open the door to Amelia's room and see a doctor measuring her pulse and a nurse unwrapping Amelia's bandage. "You must be Ethan. Dr.Turner's son?" The doctor questions as he sees me come in.

I give him a simple nod before talking my seat next to Amelia's bed. "How's she doing?" I ask him as I take Amelia's free hand.

"Pretty well. We are expecting her to wake up today maybe. But there are going to be a few side effects of the accident." He says.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. Side effects? What side effects?

"What side effects?" I ask out loud.

"Maybe nightmares. She might get flashbacks of the accident while sleeping or maybe even when she is present in a scene similar to her accident, like maybe sitting in a car or driving. The accident wasn't a small one, especially on her side. But we can't be too sure of anything until she wakes up" He says.

"Okay. If she does get nightmares how can we help her... or like stop her from having them?" I ask.

"We are not really sure about that." He sighs.

I nod and then the doctor leaves with the nurse. Just when they leave Madison comes running in. "Oh my god! Amelia!" She exclaims as she comes to her side. "Hey." I mumble while stroking my fingers over Amelia's knuckles.

"Shut up you jerk." She says as she glares at me. Before I can reply she starts talking again.

"You didn't have the decency to tell me she had an accident? I was so worried. I didn't see her at the dance last night and I thought maybe something happened to her. I tried calling her but her phone went to voicemail. This morning we were supposed to meet up at the mall for breakfast but she didn't show up so I thought she bailed on me or something. I called her and again, her phone went into voicemail and then I called you and you tell me now. Even Andrew didn't tell me about this. Some kind of friends you are. I swear if it wasn't for Amelia's sake I would have strangled you to death for not telling me."

I look at her in amusement and then shake my head, sighing to myself. "Look I am sorry. I was worried and frustrated and forgot."

"It's fine now tell me how it happened and practically everything that I have missed out on." She says as she takes a seat on the other side of Amelia.

"Uh so Chuck came to pick Amelia up... He wasn't in a good mood-" "Why wasn't he in a good mood?" She interrupts me, with a raised eyebrow. It's like she knows I did something.

"Uh..." I was going to lie but the look on her face was scaring the hell out of me. "Fine. I may have asked Chuck and Andrew to threaten the guy to not pick Amelia up and one of the guys may have... punched him." I say. "YOU DID WHAT?! God, I don't get it with you boys. You don't have the guts to admit something and if a guy does it before you, you end up hitting him?" She says as she runs a hand through her hair in frustration. "Anyway, continue." She says.

"So he left the house all frustrated. I don't know what happened from there but Chuck said they got into an argument and then before he knew what was happening the car flipped over to Amelia's side." I say as I look back down to Amelia's hand.

"God I am gonna kill Chuck." Madison mumbled. "We handled it, he promised never to come close to Amelia ever again." I say. "Good." She sighed.

"When do you think she will wake up?" Madison asks after a few minutes of silence. "The doctor said maybe today. He said she was responding well to all the medications so she might wake up today." I tell her. "That's good. When do you plan on confessing?" She asks. "I already did. Pretty sure she heard me, but I will confess as soon as possible." Madison hums in response.

We both sat in silence as I stroked Amelia's hand. Suddenly I felt her fingers curl up in my hand and I look down and see her hands moving. "She is moving!" I whisper. "What?" Madison asks. "She is moving. Look, her hands are shaking!" I say louder this time. "Oh my god! Call the doctor." She yells as she runs out the room to get a doctor.

The moment she left, Amelia's legs started shaking with her hands. What the hell is happening?

Just then a doctor and two nurses came in. "Sir we request you to go out and wait." The doctor says. I was about to object but I nodded my head and walked towards the door.

I go outside and see my dad, mom, Adrian, grandma and Madison. When did all of them come?

I walk up to them, "When did you guys come?" I ask them. "We just came and saw Madison running towards the doctors. She just explained what happened." My mom says. I give her a nod before sitting down on one of the chairs. "Do you think she will wake up?" I ask my dad after sometime. "Maybe. We can't be too sure right now." He says before going back to the conversation he was having with my mom.

After 30 minutes the doctor walks out. "Amelia is awake. We put a few tests on her and it seems like she doesn't remember the accident completely or anything that happened while she was unconscious. After the tests we figured that she will be having a few nightmares and flashbacks of the accident while driving or sitting in a car. It also seems like she may have panic attacks again due to the accident." The doctor says.

Wait, panic attacks again? What does he mean by again?

"What do you mean by again?" My dad asks. "Well seems like a few years ago Amelia had a few panic attacks, we even asked her about it and she agreed and told her how she had panic attacks at the age of 14, but they seemed to have stopped when she was 16. Now there is a chance she may have panic attacks again." He explains.

What? She used to have panic attacks?

"Why was she shaking though?" I ask. "Well it seems like she was having a nightmare at that point. She started shaking and then we were successful enough to wake her up." He explains.

"You said Amelia didn't remember anything that happened during the time she was unconscious. Does that mean she doesn't remember anything we said?" I ask. "No she doesn't. Even though she might have heard you she cant remember anything as per now. She only remembers bits and pieces of the accident though. You can meet her now, but don't stress or force her to remember anything." The doctor says and leaves.

So she doesn't remember me confessing that I love her? Half of me is happy that she didn't remember me confessing... But the other half is sad that she didn't remember anything.

"You wanna go see her?" Madison asks, breaking me out of my thoughts. "Uh yeah. Can you maybe call Andrew and Chase and tell them like everything?" I ask. "Yeah sure." She says and she walks away to make the phone call.

I sigh and make my way to Amelia's room. I open the door and see Adrian on Amelia's lap while he talks about something and makes gestures with his hand and Amelia looks at him nodding at the stuff he is saying with a smile on her face.

God that smile.

My parents were on the side of the room talking to my grandma. I make my way towards Amelia and sit down on the chair and clear my throat in the process to get her attention. "Oh hi!" She smiles at me.

I look into her eyes and can't help but get lost in them. Realising that I probably look like a freak staring at her I reply, "Hi, so how are you?" "I am good. My head hurts but the doctor said it's normal." She shrugs as she helps Adrian down her lap. I give her a small nod. "You look tired." She points out. "Yeah well sleeping on a hospital chair isn't exactly comfortable." I say. "You slept here?" She asks as her eyes widen. "Of course I did. You don't expect me to just leave you like that now do you?" I chuckled.

"Well you could have at least gone home or maybe slept on the bed with me or something." She explains. "Desperate now are we." I smirk. "God Ethan! I seriously give up on you. It's not like we haven't slept together- Wait that sounded wrong. God, you know what I mean!" She excalmis and I snicker enjoying every moment of seeing her frustrated. "Shut up. I hate you." She mumbles. "Aw, I love you!" I say. But the moment I say those words my body goes stiff.

God, if only she knew how deep of a meaning those words had.

She huffed and turned away from me. I got up from my chair and hugged her from behind. I put my head on her shoulder as she huffs annoyedly but still leans into me. "You know I was so scared when I heard you got into an accident." I mumble as I take in her sweet peachy smell. "It's fine. Look at me now. I am all fine." She says. "So I heard you used to have panic attacks?" I ask as I snuggle into her.

I feel her body go stiff in my arms. Before she could say anything the door flies open and Madison, Andrew and Chase come in. "Oh my god Amelia! It's so good to finally see you awake! We were so scared don't you dare scare us again!" Chase yells as he pulls Amelia out of my arms into his. "Give her back to me." I whine like a kid. "Oh shut up, lover boy." He says. My eyes widen at what he just said and the moment he processes it everyone's eyes go wide. "W-what?" Amelia asks.

Well this is not how I planned on confessing...

"Nothing." I say too fast. "Did I miss something?" She asks as she pulls away from Chase. "Uh, um I think there is something I should tell you." I say after I see the deadly glare Madison is giving me which says, 'You better tell her now or I will rip your throat apart' kinda look. "Okay go on." Amelia urges. "Uh can you give us some privacy?" I question as I look around. "Sure." Madison says as she practically pushes everyone out of the room. "You better do it now or I will do it." She says as she narrows her eyes at me before leaving.

I sigh as I sit on the bed next to Amelia and pick her up on my bed and put her on my lap so that she is straddling me. She looks at me confused but wraps her hands around my neck anyways. I wrap my arms around her waist and prepare myself to confess.

God, it was a lot easier when she was unconscious. Now she is just making me nervous. With her pretty grey eyes staring at me I feel like I am gonna chicken out.

It's now or never.

"Amelia... I-I don't know how to say this. You probably may have noticed I am not the most romantic and sentimental guy. Ever since I met you I knew you were different. There was this thing about you that intrigued me and attracted me towards you. We became best friends and got to know each other so well. I now know you like the back of my hand (she laughs at this). I know you know me just as well. Overtime I started developing these feelings for you and it confused the hell out of me. I never felt the things before until you came along. I knew I liked you a lot. But then soon the like changed to love. I don't know how you feel about me but I just need you to know I love you. I love you Amelia." I say as I look into her eyes.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

234K 10K 30
Amelia Jame is 17 years old and has never really spoken to any boy except her best friend Tyler. She is a straight 'A' student and has never gotten i...
6.3K 235 89
Stephanie Walker, A-straight student, sweet,pretty and every parent's dream. What happens when her simple life clashes with the golden boy at her se...
4.1K 201 36
Hunter and Amelia are childhood friends. However, Amelia's feelings for Hunter aren't much of a secret. Hunter goes from girl to girl because of his...
14.5K 393 15
I watched as he rubbed the back of his neck and turned around, walking away but stopping after a few steps and he turned around to face me, with a sm...