Mr. Suave (A Medical Romance)...

By shru_du

Pia Ray, have only one goal in her life to become the most successful neurosurgeon there is. Other than her f... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue

Chapter 42

1.3K 77 4
By shru_du

Forrest drove the car slowly taking it out of the hospital ground. "It seems that it is a little silent isn't it?" he asked. "what you like for me to do Forrest I am enjoying my wife's company and for that I don't think I need your permission. And I need not to shout and make you listen to my love proclamation" Forrest smiled at that.

"So there is a love proclamation then?" he asked. "Look at the road please before you kill someone." Christopher said. "Please, I am driving under sixty that is slow enough for me. you know how fast I like to drive don't you?" Forrest asked.

 "Watch the road" Christopher warned again but Forrest turned the radio on. "not listening to you anymore daddy" It made Pia laugh.

She is happy now. The situation she was in when she woke up is totally different form the sleep this morning. She has something she can call a family now. Her own family, someone who understands the depth of her feelings.

The darkest of her secrets, the darkest corner of her soul. "you are thinking of something Darling?" Christopher asked looking at her. She placed her head on his shoulder. "I am feeling happy Roy and that is a very big thing for me."

Christopher always liked this about her, how little it took for her to be happy. It was her innocence that had always drawn him to her, from the first day in that plane. It was her innocence that had knocked him off his feet. 

"Get used to it because there is nothing in this world that will ever going to take your happiness away from you." He said.

She held his hand "you make me happy, so happy Roy, and I love you so much. And I know you will love our princess too." She said. "I love her already and I am planning on spoiling her." Pia looked at him.

 "No, you will not, she will grow up valuing things that are given to her, she would grown to be a good girl not a spoilt little..." Christopher closed his ears. "I cannot hear you, you said something?"

Pia made a face. "I hate you" "but little pixie a moment ago, you said you loved me so much. I cannot see the reason behind the difference between the two statements" Forrest was laughing all the time. 

"So, you did think who will change the diapers of the baby girl didn't you? Or who will wake up in middle of the night to make her sleep?" Pia and Christopher looked at each other. And then Christopher asked "Since when did you became an expert in babylogy?"

"It is not a word" Pia said. But for some reason Forrest turn silent listening to that statement. "Forrest, hey you alright?" Christopher asked with concern. "Yes, I am good, don't worry." He was looking ahead at the road. 

But he wasn't alright Christopher sensed that. Every time he mentioned about Forrest's love life he didn't respond. As if he was hiding something deep inside. He was hiding something and that secret was huge enough for Forrest to hide even from him.

"I was thinking about hiring Reva, because she is an excellent worker, a little childish but she is good at her field. She can help you Forrest with your work and your ongoing research" Forrest didn't respond. 

And it also baffled Pia that usually talkative Forrest was not saying a word. She understood that pain in him, he was hiding from something, or maybe he is trying to hide something,

"Forrest? Are you alright with Miss Mathur being your intern?" Christopher asked. "Yes, anything you think is alright. I am not complaining." They watched the road when they passed a stall selling hotdog and there was an Indian snack cart. Pia looked at Christopher. 

"What?" He asked. "I want to eat that please" She showed the cart to him. "Forrest her highness had made a request. Stop her royal carriage please." "I thought Reva liked that carriage rides, not me" Pia complained. "Still are you not my princess?" Pia blushed looking away.

"Forrest, stop the car, before she has my head." He said. "I am trying, but I cannot stop the car." Forrest said. "What do you mean that you cannot stop the car Forrest? I have my pregnant wife with me in the car, don't you dare say these kinds of things to me." Christopher said.

 "It is nor a time to joke about things like this" Forrest tried to serve out of the way of an oncoming car. "I am not joking. I am trying here to get you people out of harm's way." He cursed under his breath.

"Haven't you checked the car before you started to drive it Forrest, like the breaks?" Christopher held Pia close as they heard a sound coming out of the car's engine. "What is wrong with the car now?" Forrest wondered about it too. What was wrong with this car. 

"I have no idea, but whatever it is I don't think it is good. We need to find empty space and what we need to do is jump out of this car." He suggested.

"Roy, our baby, i... I am so afraid." Christopher was afraid too, but he had to be strong for her. He has to save her. And if it is the only way he will do it. But Christopher himself was afraid about their baby. 

"It will be alright. I promise, I promise you and our baby girl will be fine. I promise Darling. You believe me, don't you?" "Roy, I believe you more than anyone."

Christopher closed his eyes and prayed the thing he never ever did before. Last thing he wanted was any harm to come to his wife or unborn child. "Forrest what is your plan? Because I really don't like the noise this car is making it is not natural."

 Forrest saw the trail of smoke that was getting out from the back of his car and the black trail of oil it was leaving behind on the door. "Sorry, guys you both are in this mess because if me, I shouldn't have left my car here all night long. I am sorry."

"Forrest" Pia said looking at him. "I believe that there is still a way we all can survive this. I know we can." Forrest nodded at Pia, there is no way he is going to let his best friend down. She trust him and he is not going to break that trust. 

"All right give me few minutes to see the nearest empty field, we need to cushion our fall. Because you are pregnant we need to be extra careful about everything we do." Forrest said trying to find something close to a field.

But to his luck nothing was in the vicinity of comparing to the thing he was looking for. There was nothing around the area to cushion their fall and she will seriously get hurt. 

And not just her, but her baby will too get hurt. But the thing is if Forrest didn't get it done quickly it will definitely injure her seriously. So his best option was to go with the plan in his mind.

"There is an abandoned air strip ahead, we can use that to cushion our fall. If you are ready Christopher, I will take us there." Suddenly their car made a blasting noise and they saw the smoke increased. "I don't think we have choice in that matter do we? Let's just go before this thing blows off on our face and I mean literally" Forrest always liked his sense of humour.

"Alright I am hoping it will be enough to do us good, but still yet why don't you call 911? Just in case." Forrest suggested. "Forrest I suggest you drive, an do not say these things, you are scaring Pia. She is already in tension and this is not good for her condition to be in such high risk, hid tensed situations right now." 

Forrest kept on driving after feeding the location to the navigator. He need to have the right timing to execute this risky move. He cannot wait for help to come because it will be too risky to be in this situation. Specially with a pregnant woman in their car.

Forrest saw the air strip approaching. "See it is in front of us, I will try to change the gear and slow the car down a bit, and then it is up to you to get her out, I will keep driving until you both run for it, then I too will jump. Is it alright with you?" Forrest asked. "Just be careful Forrest I do not want to lose my brother from my life" Pia said. "I will I promise you that." Forrest entered the air strip.

He saw there was huge bumps that can help slowing the car. "Brace yourselves, I am going to try something dangerously awesome thing" Forrest smiled and then moved towards the bumps. Äs he came in contact with the first the car shook hard.

 "Forrest, be careful" Christopher said. "I know, I know, just see how this works, on my signal take her and jump out of the car did you understand me?" He asked. Christopher nodded.

Forrest looked at air strip to see the safest area he can go to. And he saw the hanger, so he just turned his car towards it. The car jerked and shook violently. He knew he not have much time left.

"Chris, be ready and open the door, on my signal." Christopher just waited holding on to her with oner hand and at the door with other. He looked at Forrest who just entered the hanger.

"Now" He signalled. Christopher held her tightly. "I cannot do this I am afraid." Pia's eyes held fear. He knows his mirroring the same expression. "We will be fine, I promise you, nothing will happen to us, or our baby girl, not even to this fool but for that you need to trust us did you det me? you need to trust us and be brave Pia" She nodded holding to him tightly. "ready?"Christopher asked. "on three, two, one:" And he made the jump.

They rolled for quite a while before they stopped. And then Pia begin to laugh. "It was fun let's do that again" She said. "you are feeling the rush darling, it will be alright in a while but rolling we can do, jumping not too much, jumping out of moving car not happening again ever." Christopher concluded. And then the saw Forrest running towards them "Brace yourself"

First Christopher didn't understood what he meant but then he heard the blast. He covered pia with his body. Forrest finally stopped running and fell to the ground. "Do we now need to call the cavalry?" Christopher asked. "I am never doing it again, never." Forrest said. But one of them was not responding,

"Pia," Christopher called. She didn't responded. "Pia, are you alright?" She was looking at something. "Looks like I haven't gotten out unharmed." She fell on Christopher who held her in his arms. He saw the blood coming out of her side. There had been a piece of metal stuck from the door he opened. It must have gotten detached.

"Darling it is a nick, just a nick, nothing to worry about, just don't close your eyes ok?" He requested. "liar, it is bad isn't it?" She asked.

 "no, it is not I assure you it is not" She touched his face. "in that case, I am very sleepy let me sleep for a while. I have enough of adventure for a day." Pia closed her eyes

"Medics are on their way, I called." Forrest said coming towards him. "She was hurt and I thought I have saved her unharmed. I thought..."Christopher cried. "no, she will be alright I promise you, Chris, she is a fighter" And then they heard the siren the police and the ambulance were there. "They are here"

The picked her up and carried her into the ambulance. "Go with her, I will stay here and give the statement to the police" Forrest said. "thank you, be back as soon as you done otherwise she will have my head on the platter" And they both laughed.

But they knew very well how difficult the situation was for them. Because no one knew what will happen at last. No one knows what will be the outcome of this journey alone. 

Christopher was once again setting inside the ambulance this time it was his wife and baby's life on the line and he knows he will do anything to protect them. 

Word Count: 2133 Words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

270K 2.1K 11
"Tell me, Eleanor, do you like seeing me like this? Do you like seeing me angry with you?" he yells, banging the spot above my head. I keep my mouth...
105K 4K 31
"Biwi, biwi lagti hai yeh meri. Aur kuch sunna hai?" ***** "Jab biwi nahi thi tab itna farq parra tha ab to biwi ho" ****** " tumhara hi hu , andar b...
11K 657 53
extract; " I love you, that is why i do all this ,I am in love with you.Everything I did, i did because I love you.I think about you all the time I c...
10M 470K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...