A New Reality

By Creative_Pan

Luna Dust was four when her father and mother passed which meant that she was taken into an orphanage. She's... More

Chapter 1 Life Before
Chapter 2 Meeting Him
Chapter 3 A New Home Pt 1
Chapter 4 New Home Pt 2
Chapter 5 Guessing Games and Movie Nights
Chapter 6 Chess Games and A Dramatic Mornings
Chapter 7 A Surprise Visit
Chapter 8 A Mind Filled Adventure
Chapter 9 The Truth
Chapter 10 Sides Bonding
Chapter 11 A Hypnotizing Fight
Chapter 12 Patience
Chapter 13 Intrusive Chaos
Chapter 14 Completive Gaming Sessions
Chapter 15 The Call
Chapter 16 His Friends
Chapter 18 Unexpected
Chapter 19 Listening
Chapter 20 Learning
Chapter 21 Caught
Chapter 22 Morals
Chapter 23 Trouble
Chapter 24 Hidden Within
Chapter 25 Regrets
Chapter 26 A Walk in the Park
Chapter 27 Plans
Chapter 28 Friends?
Chapter 29 Starting Over
Chapter 30 Panic
Chapter 31 Crushing
Chapter 32 Advice
Chapter 33 The Dance
Chapter 34 Finally (The End)

Chapter 17 School

77 0 0
By Creative_Pan

~Three months later~

Things have gotten a bit easier in the summer before school rolls around. I despised and feared school or at least my old one. Before school ended for the summer the students thought it would be funny to shove me into a locker and leave me there for five hours before the janitor had to let me out of there. Why couldn't I just leave? I'd wish I could but the staff wouldn't allow me to. Now that I was going to a new school I didn't know how to feel about it. On one side I was terrified and on the other, I was excited for a brand new start something that I desperately needed. A week before dad and I went to many clothing stores for both of us and to get my school supplies. Soon the light was flicked on as someone started shaking me.

"Sweetie it's time to get up," Dad said.

"Alright, I'll be down there in a sec."

He left the room and closed the door. I got up and gotten ready for the day. I was wearing a black long-sleeved shirt and some blue jeans with my red hoodie tied around my waist. I put my hair in a low ponytail and put on my necklace. Once I was done I took my phone off of my nightstand and put it in my bag. I sighed and started to talk to myself.

"Alright just don't say anything unless told to. Don't do anything stupid. Alright just don't stand out and this will all-"

"Wreck your non-existent ship. What are you thinking Dust?" Lexi said stoping my speech.

"Obviously she's preparing for the worst Lexi remember the last time she has almost gotten in trouble for having us defend her?" Violet said back to her.

"V, with that kind of mindset she'll have a miserable time there do you really want that for her?"

"No, but she just wants to be prepared for that situation. If she isn't she'll get hurt"

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't know a storm was coming at three o clock! Buzzkill!"

"Whatever being exited gets her nowhere."

"And you think overwhelming fear and terror can solve it?"

"Yes- I mean no! No!"

"Alright, both of you!" Sage says abruptly. "I'm sick and tired of your tomfoolery. Moon is obviously trying to get herself ready for the day and if we keep on with- whatever this is she'll be late. Isn't that already troubling enough to be new and late to school?"

"Yeah but-"

"Violet I'm sorry but we need you to calm down. If you want this to go smoothly we need to be calm about it all and see what will happen. Now you both are needed by Harper so I suggest you go."

They both sighed and left leaving me and Sage. Sage took a deep breath before putting both of her hands on her shoulders while Harper came up as well.

"Look Luna that 'speech' of yours has never worked for you so Harper and I were thinking that you should stop using it for yourself," Sage said calmly.

" Just look at yourself for you kiddo. Not just some girl that needs to hide her true self anymore. You are you and you need to stay strong not just for us but for Thomas as well. Can you do that?" Harper said with a caring smile on her face.

I smiled back before hugging them both and realizing them once more.

"Thanks, guys I really needed that."

"You sure did. Now go you don't wanna be late on the first day."

"Alright see ya."

The left probably to find the other two and I glanced at my room one last time before leaving it behind. I went downstairs and grabbed a snack bar from the cupboard and started eating it until it was gone.

"Hey, Luna. Are you ready bud?"

"Oh yeah, I'm ready to let's go."

He laughed a bit before leading me to the car and entering it. I did the same and rode shotgun (Am I the only one thinking of the vine?) The ride was about ten minutes long before we made it to the school. It already seemed better than my old one but I knew that looks can be deceitful so I didn't want to judge it by how it looked. I unbuckled myself and looked at my dad.

"Alright, the front office is up there." He said pointing to it. "Have fun and don't get into trouble alright sweetie?"

"Don't worry dad I'll try I'll see you later," I said hugging him.

I exited the car and went to the front office. I hesitated before opening the front door and stepping into the office. I walked up to the front desk to find a young lady on a computer typing something into it. She took a glance at me before stopping.

"Oh hey, I didn't notice you there. How can I help you today?" She said greeting me.

"I-I umm sorry for disturbing you but can I have my schedule please."

"Alright, one second...name?"

"Luna Sanders."

She soon printed the schedule and handed it to me.

"Here you go have a nice day!"

"You too..." I said before walking away.

I had science first so I tried to navigate my way to the right room while reading the thing off quietly to myself. Before I knew it I bumped into someone causing us to crash to the floor.

"Ugh, that's gotta hurt. Hey, kid are you alright?" The person said getting up.

"I-I'm s-sorry I didn't mean to b-bump into you l-like that! I wasn't l-looking were I was going and-" I stammered panicked.

"Hey, it's alright really you're lucky I wasn't someone else. Here let me help you."

They held out their hand and I grabbed onto it as they lifted me off of the ground. I didn't get it. Why weren't they mad? I didn't know. They also picked up my schedule and handed it to me.

"My name is Evie what's yours?" She said with a grin.

Evie was wearing a light green sweater with black leggings and glasses. She was carrying a library book in hand. Her hair was a light brown and was longer than my own. She looked nice and she was kind to me. No, what am I thinking I just met her. I sighed before I told her.

"M-my names Luna it's nice to meet you, Evie. I'm sorry again for running into you like that I wasn't paying attention."

"It's alright Luna I don't mind. Hey, wanna maybe become friends?" She asked.

"Yeah sure maybe I can run into ya again," I said with a nervous laugh.

She chuckled back slightly.

"Yeah, maybe we should meet at lunch. What classes do you have?"

"Let's see I have science in a bit then math."

She suddenly gasped as I said math.

"We have the same math class together. Maybe we can talk more then!"

"Maybe we will!"

As soon as I said that the bell rang and we bid our goodbyes. After that, the classes went by quickly until lunch. I started to get nervous once more because I thought I might screw up like I did the first time. Once the lunch bell rang I grabbed my notebooks and put them in my bag and closed it. I picked up the bag and threw it over my shoulder and walked out of the classroom. The hallways were somewhat crowded until I have gotten into the cafeteria. I started searching my pockets for money and didn't find any. I gave up searching for money. Instead, I was looking for their table.

"Luna! We're over here!" I heard a familiar voice call.

I just stood there.

'Luna what are you doing go over there!' Lexi said in my mind.

I shook my head and went over to their table. There were two boys and another girl already seated at the table.

"Eve? Who's this?" One of the boys said.

"Guys this is Luna! We sorta bumped into each other first period. Luna this is Jackson, Brody, and Addi."

"Hey..." I said shyly.

They greeted me back and we had some small talk like 'what's your favorite colors and stuff like that. Until Evie noticed that I didn't have any food.

"Hey, Luna why don't you have any food?" She asked with a bit of concern in her voice.

"Oh that...I must've left my money at home." I said awkwardly.

"You should've said something about it, Luna," Brody said to me.

I began to feel embarrassed that I didn't say anything about it.

"Sorry...I wasn't paying attention I guess."

Addi then split her sandwich in half and gave one half to me.

"Here you should take this," Addi said.

"Oh...are you sure?"

"Yeah, it's better than what they're swerving today anyway."

I laughed softly at her comment before taking the half.

"Thank you."

"No problem kid." She said with a smile.

Once lunch was over we bid our goodbyes and went to our classes. School went by quickly after that. Nothing much happened except a couple of students wanted to sit by me and asked for my name. I knew that they were the popular kids because it was obvious how they acted around me and a couple of others. I was relieved when the final bell rang. It looked like this would be a better and worse chapter in my life that has just begun...

.

.

.

.

.

.

(A/n: Yay! Another chapter is done and over with! That's all I have to say so bye💜)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 149 14
Janus 'Deceit' Sanders and Remus 'Duke' Sanders have been bestfriends since the split, though Janus acted as the responsible, adult one despite being...
1K 89 30
"I won't tell if you won't" Virgil always felt like an outsider. He never fit in with anyone but for a good reason. He wasn't like the others. He had...
14.1K 712 19
Logan has just lost his parents in a car accident. His aunt sends him to a special orphanage that she grew up in herself. What happens when Logan rea...
28.5K 1.2K 17
Virgil is at a new foster home, not his first and it certainly won't be his last. At least, that's what he thinks until he meets his new family. His...