The Keeper's Tale {BTSxReader}

由 TaeTae_lyfe

They witnessed her destruction, They were left to wonder why, She saw nothing but darkness, Though the stars... 更多

Character List
T e a s e r
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Epilogue
Character Q&A

Chapter 40

11.7K 1.1K 793
由 TaeTae_lyfe

I'm back.

Sadly, this story is almost over, but fear not, young ones. This has been a remarkable journey to take with each of you and I can only hope that we will have more like it in the future.

Ah, I've missed writing funny Y/n.

NOW

All the actual emotions aside, *yeets tears* lets begin with the story.

*waves hand* Roll film!!!

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

"What do you want?"

Your voice was sharp and to-the-point, e/c eyes narrowed dangerously on the man that stood before all of you, his eyebrows raising in amusement as he took in your disheveled state, clearly relishing in the feeling of victory.

"Do you know what this land is built on?"

You kept your mouth closed, not wanting to amuse him for even a second.

"This land is built on stories." He stated. "Every person inside this room and in this town...every single soul in this land has a story and that story is who they are....and it is all that they will ever be. Some will be great, while others were born to be small and insignificant."

"Get to the point." You snapped, annoyed.

He smirked at you, running a hand through his dyed, orange hair.

"You write the stories, Keeper." He continued with a smile. "And, now you're going to rewrite mine."

Your brows jumped at those words, muscles tensing as you clenched your jaw.

"I won't." You deadpanned. "Your story is your story whether you like it or not. I have no interest in-"

"Maybe you don't fully grasp the situation," He sighed out, motioning towards his Knights. "I have you and all of your loved ones surrounded--not only that, but my army is currently surrounding the entire village. What you have interest in is of no consequence to me. You have no choice in this matter. You will rewrite my story."

You gritted your teeth, struggling to resist the urge to shove your fist down his throat, fury building up within your being.

"Why?" You asked coldly. "You have everything you want, so why? You've won, Titan. What more could you ask for?"

He smiled, humming to himself as his eyes slowly moved towards his brother.

"I want to be an only child..." He stated. "And, I want to be the most powerful man in this land."

You tsk'd, wanting to roll your eyes at his cliched statement. You'd almost forgotten that he was a fairytale character.

"Then, why not just ask to be The Keeper?" You asked sarcastically. "Wouldn't it be much easier that way?"

He furrowed his brows at your question, almost as if he was confused about why you'd even consider asking him that.

He opened his mouth to speak, but cut himself off, eyes widening in realization.

He snorted.

You watched with annoyance as he laughed whole-heartedly, his shoulders shaking as he struggled to compose himself, your question throwing him into a fit of amusement.

"You-You don't know?" He gasped through his giggles. "You mean, you've been here all this time and you still don't know?"

Another wave of laughter crashed over him as he stared at your confused face, his hand moving to rest on his forehead as he processed all of the information laid before him.

Taehyung frowned, glaring at his brother as he laughed at you.

"Enough, Edwin." He gritted. "There is no need to bring this up now-"

"What do you mean, brother?" He asked, calming himself down. "I think it is only fair that we let her in on the truth, don't you? After all, it doesn't seem right that she doesn't know her story when all of us are painfully aware of our own...I don't believe it's fair that she gets to remain blissfully ignorant."

"What are you talking about?" You asked angrily, quickly becoming annoyed with your exclusion from whatever inside joke the two new about.

Titan smiled down at you.

"Do you know that being the Keeper has always been called a 'gift'?" He asked, tilting his chin up confidently. "Everyone in this land grows up thinking that The Keeper is almighty and all-powerful, but that isn't exactly true..."

Your brow twitched in annoyance, just wanting him to get on with it.

"The gift is passed down from generation to generation," He explained. "The Keeper may have one child. This child receives the gift as soon as it is born...Which means that the previous Keeper has fulfilled their purpose and is then, therefore, irrelevant to the stories."

"This is not the time, Edwin." Taehyung growled, eyeing the guards. "She shouldn't have to find out this way."

"You see," He said, ignoring his brother, "Passing down the gift, that is your only purpose in life. Once the gift is gone, so are you. Your father tried avoiding this as long as he could. That's why he fled to the mortal world. He was quite careful on how he went about doing it. He brought his woman to the mortal world, conceived you in the mortal world...I suppose the old fool thought it would be enough to spare himself and his child from the cruel fate that awaited the two of you."

Your eyes widened at his words, breath hitching in your throat.

"My-My father?" You repeated.

He smiled at your response.

"It worked for some time." He said. "But, once you were born, it was merely a ticking clock for him. Being in the mortal world slowed the process by about 8 years or so...I imagine that he spent all the time he could with you...before he was forced to join the previous Keepers in death."

Your chest was heaving now, confusion and panic written all over your features. You tried to hide the way you felt from the man in front of you, hating the fact that it was going to push Titan to enjoy this even more.

"So no, lovely," He purred. "I would never wish to be The Keeper. For the Keeper's tale is a story that always ends in tragedy."

You were frozen in your place.

How were you supposed to process this information? You didn't remember your father. You never even knew your father...there was no way that anything he was saying could actually be true, right?

"How do you know all of this?" Jimin called, his red eyes gleaming beneath the candle light of the inn. "No one here could possibly know such things."

Titan smirked.

"My brother and I have been around for quite some time." He explained, motioning towards Taehyung. "We have seen it happen countless times. We have lived through each of your stories numerous times. Your predecessors were far less distracted by the Keeper, though. The wanted to finish their stories and find Happily Ever After...but none of you seem that interested in any of that...which is odd considering that two of you are on a bit of a time crunch."

He smiled at the other set of twins, watching as Jimin struggled to contain his emotions while Jungkook sat completely still.

"Be careful, wolf." He warned. "If you transform or make any kind of stupid move, I will kill everyone in this room. Starting with your brother."

His words fueled Jimin's anger, but he knew he had to force himself to calm down...the last thing he wanted was for his younger sibling to pay for his recklessness...again.

"What do you mean by a time crunch?" You asked, swallowing hard as you struggled to keep your wits about you. "I know that Jimin is-"

"Oh no," He interrupted joyfully. "I mean the other twin...The younger prince."

Your brows furrowed in confusion, eyes slowly moving over to stare at Jungkook.

The prince couldn't even pick his head up to return your gaze, his long hair falling over his eyes as he breathed heavily, skin pale and covered in a layer of sweat.

He looked like death.

Titan motioned towards his guards.

"His shirt."

Two men stepped forward, tearing the white, cotton shirt that the prince wore right down the front.

You couldn't stop the sound of surprise that passed your lips, hand resting over your mouth as you stared at the ugly black mark that rested over his heart.

It was terrifying to look at.

Vines seemed to grow from the center, extending all across his chest and stomach.

He couldn't even fight back, barely even strong enough to stay up right on his own.

"Jungkook..." You called, heart thumping. "What..."

"Sad isn't it?" Titan cooed, giving the young boy a pitiful pat on the head. "One brother cursed to be a monster on the outside, while the other is forced to rot away from the inside out. And you--stuck in the middle with only one choice."

You could feel a tear sliding down your cheek.

You weren't sad.

Yes, the realization that both of your dear friends were going to die was something that made you feel as though the world were crashing down on top of you...but you didn't cry because of that.

You cried because you were angry.

"Listen, Keeper," He sighed, moving closer to you. "I like you. I think that you're just a normal girl whose father ruined her life...I want to help you. I'll give you a position in my court, but first, I need you to rewrite my story."

He walked towards Hoseok, grabbing the book that he held in his hands and snatching it from him harshly before walking back over to you.

You flinched as he gripped your wrist, placing the book down in your hand.

He watched with amusement as the title of the book changed upon feeling your touch, the book taking on a totally different appearance.

"Life." He called, eyes wide with wonder.

You stared at the book in your hands, heat pounding in your chest.

Every part of you wanted to scream and yell. You hated the feeling of being powerless...you were surrounded by people that you loved and cared for deeply and now, each one of them would be killed if you refused to give up the man that you loved.

"Y/n,"

Your tear-filled eyes shot up at the sound of Taehyung's voice.

"Do you remember what I told you at the palace?" He asked.

You stared at him for a moment, nodding your head slowly as you recalled the events that had taken place before the two of you had arrived back in MiddleTown.

Taehyung's multicolored eyes were set in determination as he grabbed your hand, staring you in the eyes.

The two of you had managed to escape from the white room that Titan had forced Taehyung into. You had prepared yourself for a battle of extreme brutality, ready to face whatever fate awaited the two of you.

But...there was no one there....That's when Taehyung knew that something was horribly wrong.

It didn't take too long for you to work out why no one was there.

Obviously, Titan had somehow anticipated Taehyung's next move and called for his army to surround the town that your friends were now trapped in.

They were awaiting their execution and they didn't' even know it.

"When we go back," He started. "There is going to be a choice that you will have to make."

You nodded slowly.

"My brother..." He paused for a moment, a deep sigh moving past his lips. "He will do everything in his power to ensure that he has the high ground...even if that means that he has to sacrifice a life...but you must remember one thing, my darling."

You swallowed hard, urging him to continue with your eyes.

He took a deep breath.

"You are far wiser than you believe yourself to be." He said. "And, no matter what Titan holds over your head, you are always the most powerful person in the room...Remember that."

The memory of his words caused you to straighten your posture a bit, teary eyes wide as you slowly sent him a knowing nod.

"Don't do anything stupid, little one." Titan growled, eyeing his brother. "I won't hesitate to end your friends one by one until you cooperate."

You sent him a hard look, slowly opening the book and watching as the words on the pages began to change into the stories you'd come to know.

"Y/n," Jungkook called weakly. "Don't-Don't do it."

You squeezed your eyes shut, heart clenching at the sound of his voice.

"I'm-I'm sorry."

You slowly began to flip through the pages, eyeing each one of the titles until you come to Titan's.

The Queen of Hearts.

You swallowed hard as you stared at the words, trying your best to keep your hands from shaking.

Jimin's eyes widened.

"Y/n no!"

Titan inspected you closely, watching as you rested the palm on your hand onto the page, lips moving as you silently read the words to yourself.

The others began to try to force their way towards you, trying to stop you from altering the course of the events that were sure to take place in the small inn.

You honestly had no idea what you were doing, but some part of you felt like the was right...something inside of your body was guiding your movements and actions.

One thing that you knew for sure in this time of confusion was that you couldn't allow your friends to be killed...not at your expense...You'd do everything in your power to save them.

The Pages began to change slightly, glowing a bright yellow color as you continued to mutter words under your breath, no doubt the new story that Titan had so craved.

The others watched in awe as your hair began to raise from your shoulders, power radiating off of you as you fulfilled the wish of the Red King.

"Stop!" Jin yelled, trying to get through to you. "Y/n, stop this!"

But you could not hear him, or, if you could, you were no longer listening. Instead, muttering the last few words to yourself before the bright glow on the book suddenly began to grow dimmer by the second, your hair falling down as the book slammed shut, falling from your hands.

You let outa heavy gasp as you came out of your trance-like state, eyes wide as you held your throat, trying to remember how to breathe normally.

Titan smiled widely, snatching the book from the floor and standing tall and proud as he looked at his brother, slowly walking towards him.

Taehyung's head snapped to the side as Titan's fist connected harshly with his jaw.

Blood dripped from the madman's mouth, his head hanging low in defeat.

"Now, you will know how it feels to be nothing." Titan spat, kicking his brother in the stomach harshly. "And you will know what it means to lose something that is yours."

Taehyung's eyes widened at that, head snapping up just in time to watch Titan grab you from the floor, shoving you in the direction of his Knights.

"Off with her head."

Titan's brows shot up at the sound that came from you, your shoulders shaking as you struggled to pick yourself up from the floor.

His jaw fell slack.

He couldn't have heard that right....he must have been going insane.

Did you just...snort?

"Oh my god!"

His chest tightened in confusion as your eyes met his, laughter falling off of your lips as you stared him down.

"You should have heard yourself!" You wheezed out. "That was priceless!"

You wrapped your arms around your stomach, unattractive giggled pouring from your person as you struggled to regain yourself.

The dangerous twin frowned in confusion, his eyebrows furrowing as he moved towards you, completely dumbfounded by your response.

"What are you laughing about, wench!?" He snapped. "I am not some joke-"

You couldn't stop the wide smile that spread over your face.

The boys looked at each other, their eyes filled with worry and curiosity.

You must have finally snapped.

"Taehyung," You called through your laughter. "Did you hear him?"

Titan's eyes snapped towards his brother, anger evident on his expression.

Taehyung let out a hearty chuckle, his head nodding as he straightened himself up.

"It was extremely humorous to watch, I'll have to admit."

His brother watched as Taehyung walked over towards you, walking right past the guards before standing by your side, his hand moving to rest on your waist comfortably.

"Your acting was well-done." He stated, pecking your forehead as your hand met his in a victorious high-five. "You almost had me convinced for a second there-"

"What is going on!?'" Titan yelled, his hands shaking with rage. "Why are the two of you laughing at me!?"

Taehyung chuckled at his sibling.

"Because the situation in which you find yourself is amusing."

"How!?"He snapped. "I've just been made the most powerful man in-"

"About that..." You interrupted, finally calming down. "Sorry to disappoint, but I thought about it and I couldn't just let you walk away with all that power....you're far too immature for that."

He stared at you, dumbfounded.

"What-"

"I did alter your story, though," You confessed. "Just not in the way you wanted...Well, I kind of just erased it? I also altered a few other things while I was in there...just tweaked it a bit."

Taehyung stepped forward, his eyes narrowing as all humor fell from his face.

"It's over, Edwin."

The twin let out a growl.

"Have you forgotten?" He asked. "I have an army. All it takes is one word and I'll-"

"Actually," You began. "They aren't your army anymore...they serve me now."

Titan's eyes widened at that, disbelief falling over his handsome features as the men that used to serve him all turned back towards him, their weapons pointed directly at him now.

"I tweaked that too." You finished. "I have no idea why you thought I was just going to help you. It's actually funny that you believed I wouldn't use my power to help myself...I'm not as stupid as you may think I am and I'm finished being bullied."

"N-No.." He breathed out. "This-This isn't right. This isn't how-"

"Titan," You interrupted once more. "For your crimes, you have been stripped of your title and your story. For punishment, you will be sent to live out the rest of your days in the mortal world."

You leaned closer to him, a small smile playing on your lips.

"I think it will do you good to be forced to earn things instead of merely taking them as you have done for so long."

"But-But I-"

Before he could even get any more words out, he was being dragged out the door, his feet kicking as he screamed out curse words, trying his best to escape the guards that once served him.

He memory will have to be wiped, of course...that was your mercy towards him.

Maybe if he didn't remember his mother being so cruel as she had been to him and Taehyung he may have had a better life...

"Y/n..."

You smiled widely as you turned to face the other men in the room, eyes widening as you were wrapped in an embrace.

"You're so stupid." Jimin muttered, hands holding you close against him. "How could you make us panic like that!? You could have gotten yourself killed and I-"

You raised your brow at him.

"You're welcome." You deadpanned.

Jimin frowned, pulling away from you as he nervously rubbed the back of his neck.

"Thank you." He corrected. "My wolf...Did-Did you-"

"The wolf that was once attached to you was a sweetheart, I couldn't bring myself to get rid of him." You confessed, motioning behind the blue-eyed prince.

Jimin furrowed his brows in confusion, slowly turning around.

He let out a loud yelp as something white and huge leapt on top of him, it's slimy tongue leaving saliva on his face as it showed it's affection towards the young royal.

The wolf barked happily, jumping off of the boy and making it's way over towards you, nuzzling your neck with it's snout.

"Back off." Taehyung warned, his eyes gleaming.

The canine whimpered, laying down at your feet in a small surrender.

"Jungkook," You called, catching the prince's attention. "I could kill you for not telling me about this earlier."

The long-haired prince huffed, staring at his newly recovered chest.

His eyes glistened with unshed tears as he stared at you.

"You-You saved us?" He whispered, unsure of how to process his emotions correctly.

You smiled softly at him, stepping over the wolf at your feet and walking towards the young boy.

You placed your hand on his shoulder.

"You bet your sweet booty I did." You said confidently. "You owe me big time, buddy."

The prince let out a laugh, wiping away his tears slowly.

"Thank you..."

You sent him a wink.

"Let's go home."

You smiled.

"I'm starving."

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

3K 401 53
"This kingdom was built from the ashes of a war," she says as I stare at my reflection, the pendant gleaming as it rests against my chest. "That war...
1.7K 150 34
Hwang Y/n is a walking catastrophe. Where ever she goes she ruins things. She never does it on purpose but things do mess up. This time something big...
11K 402 36
Just an imagination... Story of how an idol loved by millions feels useless and lost himself in his journey of following his passion.. I AM SORRY FOR...
47K 1.2K 69
Kim Y/N is a normal girl living her life on her own along with her beloved friends and family. Suddenly,a guy named Jeon Jungkook showed up in her li...